Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Sanctuary Onslaught Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

SUGGESIONS:

-Give us like 10k credits per "zone" we finish  or 50k every full rotation aabc (8 zones)

-Please please please let us build up Void Trace during Onslaught!!  Either from enemies or just as a reward type(replacing relics? Replacing something..)  This is going to be a very hot spot for people to play and it would be awesome if it served more than one use.   I never even come close to maxing out on void trace and hardly ever crack relics for lack of trace to radiant them.   I've also started getting into vault runs.   This mode could be insanely helpful to us even when we dont need focus.  What happens when people max out every school whats the draw for onslaught???  This could be it!!

-Persistant abilities should stay ON between zones!!!!  

Onslaught was more fun than how I normaly farm focus so thanx for that.  I agree with everyone who says enemy density is a bit low.   I dont need 50 guys with guns shooting me though so maybe just add a bunch of extra melee troops..

I use different warframes/weapons to farm focus for different schools.   So im going to really enjoy playing there with different stuff.   The only thing I have used currently is my Nekro/madurai.   Around zone 7-8 his  ability to survive begins to drop and thats just on normal mode.  I dont know how hard you want things to be....I usually like my gameplay to happen in 20 minute bursts.  After 8 zones I feel like I am in the middle of the fun.   I think making it to zone 16 or two rotations is the average time I'd like to try to make it.   So I doubt anyone else feels like this but I would have a slower progression for enemies to where things really get ugly at zone 15-16 and then beyond.  

But playing there and getting almost no credits is heart breaking.

efficiency is impossible to keep up, eve n when nuking the map, the mode is just not fun at all

also why the hell did u change the atacks that hemocyte has, he is way too annoying to fight in pub with the walls of gas that do stupid amounts of damage if ur not oberon or inaros 

Edited by (PS4)Spider_Enigma

yeahh the efficiency is super hard to keep up after zone 8, ( I dare not try solo do the how terrible the efficiency is) even wen nuking the room with abilities literally does nothing at times and is not great at all. not to mention there is an operator bug where if u enter ur operator when the next portal opens it just auto sucks u into the next zone.

Every1 is saying its to hard to keep efficiency up by them selfs in solo... its not a solo game mode its realy more teamwork then anything... i run 16zones and leav coz theres no need to run another set, best to just get to 16 leav and run again. 

But also after checking the leaderboards it seems myself and like 8 others have only been able to pass 10waves.. sad realy

9 minutes ago, (XB1)SpankAnTank said:

Every1 is saying its to hard to keep efficiency up by them selfs in solo... its not a solo game mode its realy more teamwork then anything... i run 16zones and leav coz theres no need to run another set, best to just get to 16 leav and run again. 

But also after checking the leaderboards it seems myself and like 8 others have only been able to pass 10waves.. sad realy

In my experience even with a 4 man cheese meta team it is very hard to reach past 12. I have made it to round 14 in a duo (starting as 4 man and duo after round 8 ) and 15 in a very tuned and stacked 4 man team. Mostly though we get to round 12...because after that it becomes a hassle and is generally not worth it. And this is on normal. I imagine elite being a lot more demanding.

And a large part of that is because of tile RNG with more than a few tile sets having enemy spawns not being nearly sufficient to sustain efficiency or requiring too much travel time to get to enemies.  Or worse...spawning in a map and having to wait for enemies to spawn at all. 

It is an incredibly inconsistent mode to play....where it is entirely possible that a +30% kill count will not be enough to make the next round and RNG determines more how far you will get than anything else. And that makes the mode very frustrating and demotivating. 

I am not saying that it can't be done...as it is obvious that it can be done...since you have done it. Which is admirable imo. I am just saying that the above appears to be the reality for most players. 

Personally I feel the normal mode should be on average a medium challenge to get to 8...a harder challenge to get to 16 and a real challenge to go beyond that. And for that the efficiency drain increase should either be ramped down or the spawns should be improved. 

I have got problem about my slow pc
Zone Timer and Efficiency was countdown in real time but my focus boost duration and the otherthing still slow as my fps
That make me can't keep Efficiency up to 40-60% because Efficiency was run out too fast

e4E9xm0.jpg

I'm sorry about my broken english :(

1 hour ago, (PS4)BOSS_TPH76 said:

In my experience even with a 4 man cheese meta team it is very hard to reach past 12. I have made it to round 14 in a duo (starting as 4 man and duo after round 8 ) and 15 in a very tuned and stacked 4 man team. Mostly though we get to round 12...because after that it becomes a hassle and is generally not worth it. And this is on normal. I imagine elite being a lot more demanding.

And a large part of that is because of tile RNG with more than a few tile sets having enemy spawns not being nearly sufficient to sustain efficiency or requiring too much travel time to get to enemies.  Or worse...spawning in a map and having to wait for enemies to spawn at all. 

It is an incredibly inconsistent mode to play....where it is entirely possible that a +30% kill count will not be enough to make the next round and RNG determines more how far you will get than anything else. And that makes the mode very frustrating and demotivating. 

I am not saying that it can't be done...as it is obvious that it can be done...since you have done it. Which is admirable imo. I am just saying that the above appears to be the reality for most players. 

Personally I feel the normal mode should be on average a medium challenge to get to 8...a harder challenge to get to 16 and a real challenge to go beyond that. And for that the efficiency drain increase should either be ramped down or the spawns should be improved. 

Yes i agree with you on the RNG of maps some of the maps are to big and the enemys dont come looking for you they stand there untill they have line of sight. Thats the biggest problem ive found sofar.

i my self dont have a problem with the efficiency yes it could be a little nicer. Atm im pushing 450+ kills a round after 11 to stay aflot but its not impossible. 

I do it with my banshee 16x sonar and mostly do my killing with my operator/amp (yes i have max focuse tree (zenurik)) the aoe damage is amazing. My amp pushes out 170k as aoe not much lives after that.

1 minute ago, (XB1)SpankAnTank said:

Yes i agree with you on the RNG of maps some of the maps are to big and the enemys dont come looking for you they stand there untill they have line of sight. Thats the biggest problem ive found sofar.

i my self dont have a problem with the efficiency yes it could be a little nicer. Atm im pushing 450+ kills a round after 11 to stay aflot but its not impossible. 

I do it with my banshee 16x sonar and mostly do my killing with my operator/amp (yes i have max focuse tree (zenurik)) the aoe damage is amazing. My amp pushes out 170k as aoe not much lives after that.

Thanks for the suggestion. I don't have a Sonar build on my Banshee yet...haven't gotten around to it yet. But once I get the forma I will give it a good run.  

Which amp combo are you using?

After reading much of this, and having seen someone run 150 times to round 8 looking for khora, I don't feel as bad, or angry.  For me, after 45 times to round 8 (20 plus hours), I finally broke down and bought Khora.  Maybe this is the plan by DE.  During my 45 runs, I received exactly 6 chassis, 1 neuroptics, 1 system and no bp's. 

I must agree with most though: 

The drop rates need to be adjusted.  Nothing I've farmed for in the game so far has been this much of a grind.  I feel bad for the guy/gal who spent roughly 75 hours (150 trips to round 8 at ~30 minutes per run).  But 75 hours for 1 of 2 potential parts isn't realistic.

With my focus completely maxed out, what purpose is there to run this?  I have hundreds of relics, I cannot keep up, so the number just keeps growing.  I have all the primes and plenty of plat.  If this is designed for the newer player (which DE says it is not), I get it.  But this is supposed to be end game ish.  Why would someone doing end game need relics?  Alternatively to relics, I'd suggest arcanes dropping with better arcanes dropping the higher you go.  This would certainly make it worth the grind for me.

With the drop rate of the vandal weapons, even lower than Khora, I am very disinclined to spend much time in elite mode.  Especially since the vandal weapons are MR fodder.

Would like to see rewards after each level.

Keeping efficiency mechanics don't make sense.  If this is truly endless, then how is this so?  Eventually, you run out of efficiency, which suggests it isn't endless.

I don't have the answers, but this new mode doesn't work for me. 

DD

MR25 - PS4

Edited by (PS4)xxDrDoom

So...while I'm still not a fan of the push towards out-of-sight type builds, we really do get some challenging mobs right before Simaris boots us. 

I'm feeling like if we get motivated to interact more directly with the mobs we're fighting gunplay will pay off more too.  It might just be that the motivation to kill mobs we can't see is what's primarily detracting from the experience.

There are some really fun moments that seem to happen when mobs are sticking around long enough to interact with them.  

What would happen if we just had a better reward chance while the efficiency was up but we didn't make people leave until they ran out of revives?  I'd happily stay for nothing, I bet a lot would stay for at least 'less rewards' in exchange for 'whee' 🙂

Edited by FreeWilliam

I am not going to pretend as if I know where the happy medium is going to be but, I do know that if this mode is going to be successful it must be found.I have spent little time in the normal Onslaught so I am speaking purely about the Elite mode. Me and some friends CAN make it through the full loot rotation and beyond each time we try, so please do not take this as someone complaining because they can not do it.   

What I want you to know is that what seems to be the only effective ways of making it this far are not fun. I am sure you have seen what we players are doing to make it as far as we have into this mode in hopes of getting the rewards we are after. I am sure it is not the way you want to see us play this new game mode, one I'm sure you were excited to give us. I want you to know that we do not want to play it this way either. 

Efficiency is way too messed up to play by any normal means and make it anywhere in this mode. If you are not "nuking" the map every three seconds you are going to fail period. I see a few different ways to go about making this a more enjoyable game mode. Smaller maps would help with any lulls in your normal more fun ways of killing. Better enemy AI so that they aren't standing in the corner of some basement room would be another. More efficiency from each kill could be another. Efficiency draining a slower rate could be another. Like I said I am not here to pretend like I know which is the better way of going about fixing it, that's your job. 

I would also like to let you know I think that this COULD be an excellent game mode if we could just find that point of balance that I would like to call FUN. I really like the idea behind it and I think it has a ton of potential. I would very much like for it to be my normal relic farming grounds and sometimes I just like to blow off a little steam with out having to think too much about what is going on and I think this would be a great place to do it IF it were more FUN than the cheese tactics we are being FORCED to use. 

If anyone from DE would like to make this more of a conversation then feel free to do so. Hope it only gets better form here. 

Please for the love of every ESO players, remove or increase ENDO rewards from ESO drop tables. It's really annoying when you're trying hard to maintain the efficiency and this little amount of ENDO appears for you, Please, please, remove or increase it. Is it really hard to increase it ? Don't put stingy amount of ENDO of every single mission that you've created. It's really not rewarding and not helping.

That Synthetic Shard. What's up with that ? 5k focus points ? It is really worth the efficiency you're trying to gain from ESO ? 5k points, dear devs. This thing is same as ENDO. Too low. Remove or increase it drastically.

Drop tables. Do you devs have any plans to revisit those drop tables that was diluted by those ENDO or nah ? 

Please let the captura scenes players got from Onslaught sellable. Or make it unavailable once you got it from Onslaught. It's becoming trash inside my inventory. 

And please remove wide area tilesets. It scattered the enemy too far from each other. Sometimes even make them standing still without any effort to attack players. Please increase their spawn rates, too.

And last reminder, please fix bugs before you guys create anymore new game mods or content. Thank you. 

Just encountered a rather annoying bug. I did a void dash as my operator and the screen faded to black as if I fell outside the map. It then placed me in a completely different zone than the one I was fighting in and the game proceeded to end a few seconds later, with the reward screen and forcing me to end the mission... I was halfway through wave 7 when this happened... another 20 minutes wasted to not even have a chance at the last Khora part due to this bug...

After throwing myself at this weeks EOS a several times and failing to even get to room 8 with pugs, I've noticed that efficiency is a huge issue. This current system to keep players killing is not a one-size-fits-all for many room/enemy type combinations. so ive thinking, since scores seem to attached to this game mode, yet not be of much importance, how about instead of this horrible efficiency system we go with a score-based one? What i mean is rather then wrestling with a timer for two and a half minutes per room we have to reach a FAIR score before that time is up. This score goal should be parallel with the size of the room, what enemy type is in the room, and the amount of players in the party, while at the same time become slightly more difficult as players go through room to room. I think this way would more ideal then this current one, I'm very interested in what other players think of this. Do you guys think something like this would be better then efficiency?

23 hours ago, FreeWilliam said:

So...while I'm still not a fan of the push towards out-of-sight type builds, we really do get some challenging mobs right before Simaris boots us. 

I'm feeling like if we get motivated to interact more directly with the mobs we're fighting gunplay will pay off more too.  It might just be that the motivation to kill mobs we can't see is what's primarily detracting from the experience.

There are some really fun moments that seem to happen when mobs are sticking around long enough to interact with them.  

What would happen if we just had a better reward chance while the efficiency was up but we didn't make people leave until they ran out of revives?  I'd happily stay for nothing, I bet a lot would stay for at least 'less rewards' in exchange for 'whee' 🙂

In video. i see meme strike... try zone 8 without meme strike, or any +x% to slip attack?

2 hours ago, low1991 said:

In video. i see meme strike... try zone 8 without meme strike, or any +x% to slip attack?

No you don't.  You see Enduring Affliction.

Also in the video.  Never assume the worst when someone might be breaking the meta, k?

I will miss channeling, but never really got the Spin2Win bit.  It overkills things that might be interesting and feels janky movement-wise once you hit a Nox. I have a different happy.  

Edit: To be fair, that build is also pushing some limits and it would be fair to tone it down a little.  I usually try to leave targets behind and just hunt for the hard ones, but those bleeds are scary.

Edited by FreeWilliam

It would be nice if Stimulus decremented at a rate scaled to the number of players in the game. In a lot of pugs you get people leaving on the way to 8, but stimulus still degrades as if you had a full team. Last week this wasn't much of a problem because of the way the levels and their mostly squishy low armor value mobs and copious spawns worked out. This week you have 3 lower spawn levels and one of them is the 8th. 

I don't know if a single player needs a 200% stimulus boost but something along the lines of 40-50% would be nice. Today I have had a lot of people leave around wave 4 to 6 and I have soloed to 8 only to run out of stuff to kill and lose in the 8th with only a few seconds left. 

I imagine in a few weeks it won't matter much but as I am still trying to get the braton stock drop, wasting 25 minutes to get to the 8th wave only to lose because pugs drop off early is very annoying. Yes I will use LFG. and yes, I would prefer not to in the future, i like "pugging" it's one of the charms of this game to me.

On 2018-05-14 at 6:16 PM, FreeWilliam said:

Our spawns on console are a joke compared to PC i can guarantee we have just 20% of those spawns 

I'm sure other people have said the same things I'm about to say, but I'll say them anyhow for the sake of feedback. I don't know if this specifically applies to just consoles' build right now, but it's what I've experienced.

1. Spawns seem low. I'm seeing other people say the same thing about the spawns on console, so maybe it's a console specific problem. There's been plenty of times were I've cleared out a bunch of enemies, and then I don't see a single enemy for a good 6 seconds or more. With the rate of the efficiency decay, this is a big deal.

2. Enemy AI doesn't seem streamlined for this mode. There's been plenty of times I've seen enemies taking cover to shoot, or try to flank and hide. That kind of AI behavior makes it really annoying to kill things, especially in places where the level geometry can snag/block you from getting to them.

3. Some maps are too big. This leads to a lot of problems in both solo and team play. If the map is too big, then it makes it hard to find efficiency springs, meaning I have to run around the map to find them. This will mess up what little spawns we have, and if this is happening in a team setting, it'll also mess with the spawns when one person is running around a huge map. For some reason, it seems like enemies will spawn very far away from players, especially on places like Europa. 

4. Host migrations kill momentum. It seems like efficiency starts to tick down too quickly after a host migration, causing chunks of the percentage to be lost. It can often end a run. It would be better if the efficiency didn't tick down until all players have loaded in (if that's what suppose to be happening, then it doesn't seem to be).

The mode is fun when things are working like they should be. Otherwise, it's frustrating to fail to reach zone 8 because the game isn't throwing enough enemies at you.