Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: New Weapons Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

The Hystrix needs a larger clip.  This is not criticism, this is something that HAS to be done.  A 16 round magazine on a machine pistol does not work, that is why when we create machine pistols in real life we put extended magazines on them, because otherwise we spend 90% of our time doing with them what we spend 90% of our time doing with the Hystrix.

Reloading.

Increase the magazine capacity to AT LEAST 25 rounds, THEN it will be a fun gun to use.  Right now, it's just annoying and not worth the 24 hours it takes to make (12 hours to make a bolto and viper then 12 hours to make the Hystrix).

Edited by Konachibi

Hi,

I built a Zaw with the Sepfahn strike, Kwath grip, and Vargeet II Jai link, and there are numerous aesthetic issues with it.  First of all, I cannot adjust its holster position in the Arsenal like other melee weapons.  Second, the little dangly thing that comes on the end of its scabbard is not attached to the rest of the model.  When attaching a Sugattara, two of them appear:  one where it should, and then one halfway along the length of the grip.  Third, when swinging the weapon (I use the Decisive Judgment stance), the link parts, sugattara, and that dangly bit all move independently of the weapon (i.e. they float in mid-air).

Functionality wise, it works okay, though I think it could use a slight damage boost on all three damage types and a speed boost.  Maybe I built mine with the wrong parts, but it feels underwhelming in that it's substantially both slower and weaker than the Nikana Prime.

I'm just gonna discuss the Hystrix a little bit since the Dual Keres are fine and I haven't been able to use the Veldt yet (although in all honesty it just looks like a worse Latron Prime...)

Alright, for the Hystrix the first thing that I found very curious is that the Cold Quill and Toxin Quill deal less damage than the Heat Quill and Electric Quill. If anyone can give me a plausible reason as to why they did this, please do tell me. My other notes are that Cold procs do not stack, therefore more than one cold proc is essentially wasted on a target. With multishot, you're pretty much guaranteed to get two hits on a target and therefore would get two procs, maybe even three. That means that Cold Quills do not only have less damage, they also have less 'use' out of their respective status effect. For Heat Quills, the problem is that Fire DoT (Damage over time) doesn't stack. A new proc only refreshes the duration of the already present one. That means that, once again, more than 1 proc is wasted on a target. What I suggest is (Albeit, a bit drastic) to allow Heat and Cold procs to stack. A Cold proc could increasingly slow a target (50% slow -> 75% slow -> 87,5% slow, with reduced duration to prevent people abusing it on bosses or something of the sort), and let Heat procs stack in the way that the DoT grows bigger the more heatprocs you get off on a target, unlike Toxin where they're single damageinstances for each proc. 

Alright, that's just my 2 cents on the Hystrix. It's an alright gun, feels like an jack-of-all-trades Acrid really, just that Cold and Heat are less effective as opposed to their Toxin and Electricity counterparts, or so I think. Opinions are opinions after all.

The best of luck to the balancing team! 

Zaw Katana somewhat underpowered especially in case you wanna make a speed based Zaw.

If I wanna make one that is slightly faster than Nikana Prime (faster than 1.1),

its base damage would be 64 (Akwin) or 60 (Peye).

and if I wanna make one that is stronger than other Nikanas (85~95)

its attack speed will be drastically decreased.

(ex. Laka + Ruhang will have only 1 more base damage than Dragon Nikana but -0.15 attack rate,

Corb + Zai II will have only 1 more base damage than Nikana Prime but it resulted in -0.233 attack rate.)

So yeah there is no satisfying point; don't you think this is too extreme?

I don't wanna make Zaw more powerful than Primed weapons,

but there can be a better way to balance them I think...

12 hours ago, Konachibi said:

The Hystrix needs a larger clip.  This is not criticism, this is something that HAS to be done.  A 16 round magazine on a machine pistol does not work, that is why when we create machine pistols in real life we put extended magazines on them, because otherwise we spend 90% of our time doing with them what we spend 90% of our time doing with the Hystrix.

Reloading.

Increase the magazine capacity to AT LEAST 25 rounds, THEN it will be a fun gun to use.  Right now, it's just annoying and not worth the 24 hours it takes to make (12 hours to make a bolto and viper then 12 hours to make the Hystrix).

I put Ice Storm (for 22-round magazines) and Quickdraw on mine and still have some decent damage output. In fact, the Hystrix's reload is so fast now (thanks to the arbitrary manner that reload speed mods work for different weapons) that I'll probably swap out Ice Storm.

The Hystrix performs great, really enjoying it, however I haven't actually used Ice or Electric quills yet. Due to Damage 2.0 issues (not to mention the lack of DoT from their procs) there's literally almost no reason to use those damage types if you're aiming to kill enemies. Also it'd be cool if the quills shot with a bit more of a 'pneumatic' sound effect.

As for the Veldt, the Hystrix outshines it significantly. It definitely needs a high CC riven to be useful in late game stuff (where the Hystrix still performs atm) but thankfully its fire rate and magazine size are just high enough that it doesn't suffer the crit chance issue snipers have (who thought a 1-in-3 chance of your bullets being useless was a good thing on sniper rifles anyway?)

Edited by Sennera

50 minutes ago, Sennera said:

I put Ice Storm (for 22-round magazines) and Quickdraw on mine and still have some decent damage output. In fact, the Hystrix's reload is so fast now (thanks to the arbitrary manner that reload speed mods work for different weapons) that I'll probably swap out Ice Storm.

The Hystrix performs great, really enjoying it, however I haven't actually used Ice or Electric quills yet. Due to Damage 2.0 issues (not to mention the lack of DoT from their procs) there's literally almost no reason to use those damage types if you're aiming to kill enemies. Also it'd be cool if the quills shot with a bit more of a 'pneumatic' sound effect.

As for the Veldt, the Hystrix outshines it significantly. It definitely needs a high CC riven to be useful in late game stuff (where the Hystrix still performs atm) but thankfully its fire rate and magazine size are just high enough that it doesn't suffer the crit chance issue snipers have (who thought a 1-in-3 chance of your bullets being useless was a good thing on sniper rifles anyway?)

Hey atleast its not as bad as the twin vipers wraith with a fire rate of 28 and a 40 round mag

15 hours ago, Konachibi said:

Reloading.

No magazine mods and I'm having a blast using it. It deals quite a lot of damage so the trick is feathering the trigger instead of bullet hosing with it.

I mean, you may not like its capacity. But its far from a fact that cant be criticized against.

5 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

I love the veldt's look. I love how it sounds. My problem is the fact it honestly feels like it should be a sniper rifle, or just plain do more damage because as is? 'why use this?' I'm in favor of making the veldt a sniper rifle, or give it a gimmick from the rubico even if it stays an assault rifle where if zoomed in you get bonus crit (say a flat +15%cc +0.5 for stock zoom and +25%cc +1.5xcrit damage for the second level zoom would give it something that better acts like the bridge between normal rifles and snipers like this thing feels like it wants to be.

Personally I'm all for a 8-10sec combo counter if its left as a rifle and not a sniper (so it can't use HS or any other sniper mods). Still scoped bonuses would be nice, something to make it different from the Latrons.

Only thing I don't like about hystrix is the projectile flight speed - they're darts/flechette - I would rather have ballistic trajectory (throwing weapons with greater range) than slow projectiles. Of course I feel that way about most, if not all the slow projectile weapons in the game, because they are ridiculous. When I can shoot certain guns, then charge forward and whack my target before the rounds reach it in a Slow frame like Inaros, then "Ranged Weaponry" no longer makes any sense. If they are flying that slowly then they should just have a ballistic arc instead (in most cases) - limited maximum range is fine. Bullets I can run past? I know it's space ninjas but come on... 

Back to the hystrix I feel like it's balanced with the small Magazine and long reload. Increase the flight speed of those darts and it would be the perfect weapon for some of my loadouts. I like it's style too. 

Edited by nokturnihs
Spelling and additional information

The new Zaw parts that generate Nikanas, when attaching a Sugatra to it, there is a duplicate sugatra on the sheath as well

GSUxpuQ.jpg

wqs4ME8.jpg

sorry if the images are a little cluttered, but it's fairly visible

also, Hysterix forced procs do not affect Zephyr tornadoes, further testing is needed for missing and/or unintentional interactions.

Edited by ViolaRecluse

The veldt has a great feeling to it, but really needs stats to make it useful. Please consider boosting it's crit stats to around sniper level, and maybe give it a combo counter to reward you for playing like a precise hunter.

Edited by Twilight5007
grammar

Dokrahm, Initial reaction... "Oh Yay! A fully sized scythe!" *Uses long grip* "It's... a heavy blade...?" *Uses short grip* "Scythe." *Reads description* Scythe or Hammer *Makes heavy blade Dokrahm* "It has the most satisfying reach ever!" 

Overall: Heavy blade Dokrahm is very impressive and with Primed Reach, it cleaves in such a long distance, I put down the Attrax for a bit just to feel like a framer. 

Veldt, Welp... You did it again DE, make a good looking weapon only for the stats to be lackluster. Will it be primed? That's probably what y'all are aiming for eh? At least give it's "zoom" function another set a stats.

Overall: Love it. Sound, aesthetics, the reloading animation, its just unfortunate that it'll be collecting dust.

The Veldt... was like "yey, a good rifle finally?"... looks damn good, great sound, very good feeling on the use... but like so many rifles, it's going down on the "crap things bucket". Too low damages, it becomes to early useless... It really seems DE don't like rifles. 
More base damages, perhaps a tiny zoom too with a crit bonus, and it could be fine... and usable on "real" content, not just to kill lvl30 stuff.

Dual Keres

These were originally going to be a polearm, but it was decided that there were too many of those lately, so instead it became a member of the most crowded melee weapon category in the game. This strikes me as a very odd choice, though I understand there were limited options that would not require scrapping the design work already done on the weapon. It's just that we now have seventeen dual sword type weapons. That's really my only criticism. They have balanced stats with a marked emphasis on speed and scaling well with Blood Rush, which gives them a relatively unique place even with all their competition. Visually, they are quite enjoyable as well, though they really are as short as they look.

Hystrix

This is an incredibly fun weapon with a lot of depth and versatility. The ability to mix status effects using both base and combined elements allows for a great variety of builds and uses, several of which can often be used in the same mission. Quite a few people are balking at the magazine capacity, but the output is deceptively strong due to AoE and damage-over-time effects, meaning it's generally a case of needing to learn to use it effectively. An involved and rewarding weapon.

Veldt

The most obvious comparison is with the Latron Prime, given they have the same total base damage and critical chance, and from that perspective, it's easy to mistake this for a straight downgrade at a lower MR requirement. However, the IPS spread favours slash damage, and that alone makes it a different beast, as neither has enough crit chance to make proper use of Hunter Munitions without a riven or other supplement. The Veldt's real competition is the Argonak, and therein lies the problem. Both are clan research weapons, but Argonak is one rank lower, and it's overall a stronger weapon. Both have enhanced zoom, but Argonak has the added highlight from its laser sight. Argonak is a more reliable damage dealer, due to significantly higher critical chance, and it has a much larger magazine, meaning it has a better claim to the use case of "rapid trigger pull and a steady hand" with more sustained DPS. And that's even before addressing Argonak's automatic fire mode with far better status output. It's okay if Veldt doesn't put up the same raw numbers as Latron Prime, but next to Argonak, it has a hard time justifying itself, since Argonak does almost everything better. I think Veldt needs either a stat rebalance or a new gimmick to recommend its use.

Hystrix has a "POISON QUILL" which is a violation of Consistency across the game, as there is no such thing as "Poison" damage. We have Toxin - not Poison.

Should be called either TOXIC QUILL or TOXIN QUILL.

Honestly, there is one MAJOR thing that I love about the Veldt (in contrast to the Latron Prime):

Its handling

Recoil isn't absurd, like it is on the Latrons.
Reloadtime is tolerable, unlike the Latrons.
While RoF is kind of slow, (Primed) Shred is basicly mandatory anyway, which brings it up to a nice enough RoF.
Its altfire gimmick also gives it more comfortable combat-range versatility than the Latrons.

Then, comparing PSI-distribution and complimentary stats, it feels entirely superior to Latron Prime (only being clearly beat in regards to the critmultiplier)

But even so...

...the Veldt doesn't feel all that powerful/reliable, because the critchance feels too low (same issue as on the Latrons, Grinlok and most Snipers).

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2018‎-‎04‎-‎22 at 4:25 PM, SkullBlackAce said:

i'm sorry but the veldt should be a high crit and status puncture based sniper rifle. It's too similar to the latron, the latron prime and the latron wraith. 

we already have that the snipetron vandal it should be a high crit and damage slash sniper with atleast 210 extra damage

• 2 weeks later...