Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: General Feedback Megathread

[DE]Danielle

its fun but :

-DPS Frame master race IMO 

-crash happen alot

-the reset of energy every zone make all frame with high caust or buff or other setup to be strong, being useless

-make 2 leaderboards Solo/Squad & adapt difficulty in these 2 type

- the rewards seem abit inatractive cmon i mean why add relic again tought u gonna reward some new stuff...

Well, I have played Sanctuary Onslaught 3 times now, and I've read the update post. I think there is a lot to criticize here, and I'll try to be as orderly as possible.

- First off, let's talk about the biggest problem, and a symptom of a design philosophy I used to think was a fluke, but is clearly a trend : odds, and grinding.

8.33%, 7.69%, and 5.64% each. Those are the respective drop rates of the Khora parts in the normal onslaught. And those parts are lost amidst a SEA of low-value relics. I'm not a mathematician, but that looks like it would take MANY, MANY, MANY MANY runs of this mode to get Khora. Not to mention that, unlike void hunting, there is no option to duplicate the reward of someone else, since we all get the same. Those odds are simply unacceptably low. There is a balance to be found, where things are neither too easy and quick to acquire, nor too boringly arduous to acquire. It would be one thing if it were a guaranteed reward after a certain amount of work, like in an operation. That, at least, gives a clear goal, a clear end in mind, and we know for how long we must go.

Not so here, unfortunately. It could potentially take days of near constant grinding. And this is clearly intentional, as it is part of a tendency that seems to be intensifying, and I am not happy about it. It is simply unreasonable, and unfun. Harrow was the same. Two of its parts were acceptably obtainable, but the one part hidden in rotation C of defection was so hope-shatteringly dull, so interminably impossible to obtain, that I ended up just buying Harrow. It was the first non-prime warframe I ever bought. I think that's saying something. Nidus, also, was a horrible grind. I had to run the exact same mission quite a few times, and by the end of it I was just tired, frustrated, and the last part dropping was not for me an accomplishment that made me feel good, but a relief, as though an eternity of torture had just ended. And now, I do believe I am poised to buy Khora, as well. When a game mode makes people consider just skipping it to get the frame they want for platinum, maybe it should be reconsidered.

I'd also like to address the presence of Braton vandal and Lato vandal in the elite mode. It's an even worse grind. 3% chances, on average, in the hardest difficulty. Pure insanity. And all that, for subpar weapons. Now, maybe they might be good for an absolute beginner, except elite is meant for veteran players with a full collection of mods and equipment. So, basically, a measly amount of mastery, locked behind a giant grind. That is unreasonable, and absolutely not worth the effort. I don't need 6k mastery points that I'd spend 50+ hours unlocking, no thanks.

- Now, the game mode itself. It's not that fun. It's basically a survival on steroids, and that's about it. Except survival has better rewards. I don't need all those relics. I have most primes in the game and more relics than I'll ever be able to consume. It is not fun enough to be its own reward. It is the exact same mindless killing on repeat, until it cannot be kept up any longer. This efficiency mechanic tests not fighting skills, but maximization skills. I'm certain some people find that fun. I'm sure they love finding increasingly unbeatable set-ups and squads. The killing itself isn't much, though. I have already done quite enough mindless slaughtering, I would think. I don't imagine most people would find this mode fun. It is very repetitive. At least sorties have some variety. Kuva floods are a bit thrilling, in a way. Top level Cetus bounties can get a bit challenging, and are way more varied than this. Eidolon hunts are a bit chaotic, and tiring, but they're still fun, and arcanes are guaranteed. This, on the other hand, is just an arena, meant for the best min-maxers to show off scores they obtained through sheer squad optimization.

-Thirdly, and finally, the absence of a quest. I don't want to say it is abysmal...but, well, maybe it is abysmal. I was absolutely thinking there would be a quest. The update had built an aura of mystery, and the twist is, there is no story attached. I'm very disappointed by this. I'm also starting to miss quests like Hidden Messages, which actually rewarded the parts (of Mirage, in this case) on top of the blueprint. It certainly wasn't difficult to complete, and, so maybe it was too easy, fine, but I'd much rather have this than Khora's grind.

I can even imagine something better.

Maybe an actual treasure hunt, instead of a grind. No markers, light guiding, an investigation. Maybe passing through glitches in the simulation could have taken us to mysterious, exciting new places where we would have found Khora. How fun could that have been ?

Or maybe new puzzle enemies, appearing in the simulation, requiring thought and tactic to defeat, and that could have had, why not, a chance (a reasonable one) to drop a Khora bit.

Anyway, in conclusion, I'm disappointed, and will probably buy Khora. This is fine, because I can afford to, but maybe not everyone wants to spend that much skipping gameplay that is too dull to persevere in. Tomorrow, I will try to do this with squads, even though I generally dislike playing in squads.

I would like you to understand, DE, that low odds you can only gamble on once every 5 minutes is soul crushing. Every single time it fails to happen, it's like a slap in the face, even though you know it probably was not meant to be. It is utterly maddening. Unlucky people are going to spend so much time on this, they're going to just have a terrible time, and they might just hate this experience enough for it to sour Warframe entirely for them. Meanwhile, they'll be able to see lucky people just get it in a few tries, because gambling is awful. Please stop making us gamble with our time. It is the contrary of fun. People slag off lootboxes for being real-money gambling, and it is absolutely deserved. But gambling with our time is also terrible. Nobody wants to spend countless hours doing the exact same thing in the very meager hope that what they want will drop. And they will have to repeat this miracle 4 times. This is not only time I would never get back, but also time I would spend being miserable.

The solution is pretty simple : remove the common relics ; up the odds on Khora, AND on the Vandal weapons, so that they can reasonably serve their purpose as mastery fodder ; introduce a lot more variation in what happens in the Sanctuary Onslaught. I played it only three times, but I have already seen everything it has to offer, and that's not an endgame. An endgame is an activity repeatedly engaged in. This implies a vital need for variety, change, and variation.

Please don't let this design trend continue, DE. It is clearly too far removed from the reality of actually playing the game. This excess of layered RNG must go.

Edit : sorry to say this, but how have you guys not considered escalating odds ? Odds of obtaining Khora parts growing, eventually guaranteeing them for the unlucky one who's spent his whole life trying to get them ? Then, Khora drops could be removed from the table for players who have her, enabling relic farming. It would still be a bit of a grind(I don't mind when it's not this bad). Everybody wins.

Edited by starMute

Crashes alot, and the host migrations i encountered resulted in me stuck in the loading screen....

also in the normal mode there arent enought enmeys to make this mode entertaining.

the elite mode is greate :) one try Solo and Stage 9 is were is couldnt keep up with the drain.

Playing the normal and elite mode solo a few times each now, i've not experienced any gameplay problems at all of crashes or such others are mentioning, however i have been having issues keeping efficiency stable, or gaining especially in the larger areas and i am not having issues killing enemies, just that some get too spread out in some maps.  even in smaller maps when killing large masses continually later on in further waves efficiency barely climbs

--efficiency must be tweaked for solo play

i don't really have any other complaints although it would be nice to have khora and the vandal wep parts with somewhat higher drop chance

2 hours of game and not  a single part for lato vandal or braton vandal, how much time do you want guys us to spend in this event?

Adding some visual bugs when entering a portal

After getting host migration at the end of game for no reason, this last one forced me to close the game, classic alt + f4

Edited by Flaezon

Can we get the parts added to his rep rewards or to exchange some relics for them... I agree the loot tables are too saturated.

Lots of fun and thanks for the neat way to kill some time, get relics.

An idea, instead of lasting for 2.5 minutes, have it be kill a certain number of enemies to unlock the next level/gate, thanks again.

Upon running these post hotfixes, seems to run great if host has a good computer and connection to the internet. I also think the reward tables are not bad, getting multiple Khora parts would suck since you can't trade them once you've got her built... Maybe add Kavat Genetic Code to drop tables, or have a random portal glitch to have a group of Kavats you can scan and Simaris be like, I'm sorry, it appears you've been mistakenly placed in a wild pack of Kavats, one moment while I re-calibrate a portal...

Edited by Harbinger81
Has had hotfixes to address issues and more play time revelations

600k points into a run it straight up crashes. GG. Lost all loot and focus xp and rewards. No option to join back in after crash. 

Fun mode tho. Cant wait till it doesn't crash and people figure out its a long duration mission. Until crashes are fixed with onslaught I'm not touching it again. Or the game really. Not worth it till its fixed.

Edited by Sannleikur

Played around 10+ times, here's what I have:

• The idea is great and I'd dare to say we actually have a good execution. The fact that you need to fight hordes in tight spaces and the next second in an open area makes it interesting, it rewards you if you are familiar with tilesets (finding stimules is also part of this) and has a very VERY rapid pace. It's actually a very good practice for new players as well I want to believe cause there's never a moment that you feel you can take a break (well depends on team composition).

• Weapon variety is a thing but anything that can kill multiple enemies or kill quickly is the main thing someone will bring eventually. The mission style comes down to killing as fast and many enemies as possible. Snipers, bows and other priority target weapons will have a place on a premade party, but on pubs you need something that kills fast. That also goes for secondaries. Melee we can expect to become meta here, the areas are fairly small which means that a party of 4 can resort to a spin2win strategy with 0 drawbacks.

• Warframe variety is small. Nidus is a beast cause he can finally scale. Your mana reserves reset after each portal so Trinity is also a good pick, I used Harrow a lot and while he's great once he ramps energy, getting that energy can be tricky early on. Anything that can survive (Rhino, Inaros), anything with aoe cc (Loki) and Frost work wonders.

• I've experienced a few crashes so far, but I cannot tell with certainty if it was due to the game-mode crashing or just me. Regardless it happened 3 times and I need to mention it, one of them looked like the game-mode crashing itself.

• Sometimes when you travel through a portal you can get stuck in the objects of the next area. Unstuck does NOTHING atm, I had this happened twice and when I used /unstuck I was teleported to the previous area with no means of getting back to my squad unless they are my premades and can re-invite me. Reusing /unstuck locked me outside the map boundaries (both times) where my camera started getting white and froze, I couldn't type or do anything (game had not crashed however).

• Khora parts have an abysmal droprate, the drop tables are as usual filled with trash rewards (lith relics etc) and while the gaming pace is fast this will probably end up being the most time consuming to farm frame as of recent releases. Needs to be looked at imo.

The game mode is fun but it's absolutely rife with bugs.

1. The game mode causes a fatal crash to desktop CONSTANTLY. I didn't have a single mission where this didn't happen and it could happen as much as 2-3 times per zone clear. That's a fatal crash to desktop roughly every minute of gameplay...

2. Just before the portal to the next zone opens there is a massive hitch. 100% repeatable on my system.

3. Occasionally the game doesn't register that you've progressed through the portal and you end up having to fight an entire round with an almost completely white screen until you ave the opportunity to progress through another portal (this happened twice).

4. Occasionally the descriptive text was just replaced with all asterisks'. So, instead of "1/2 efficiency orbs collected" it would just read "*****************" (this happened once).

The fact that everything resets every time you go through a portal is kinda really de-motivating. 

Especially for my favorite frame Titania because her whole shtick is always be in your Razorwing. Doubly so for my build that incorporates both Growing Power and Energy Conversion. So it pretty much goes "Oh finally got your footing and everything ramped up...... go through the portal and struggle to get set/ramped up all over again" Wooooo~

I can only imagine how unfun that is for Nidus players

Plus the whole no Energy Pads and resetting your energy to base every time..... just means that everyone and their dog who is shooting for an endurance run will just bring the obligatory EV Trinity.

Doesn't help that the first run I had locked up on....... I'm not sure how rotations work in this? but the third? and I'm pretty sure I lost the rewards for the first two. Tho I suppose hiccups along those lines are to be expected.

First Run was great, got the Chasis and tons of endo. for second run i went for Elite, crash at Zone 9, re-connected, match was over and lost all the rewards (bunch of basic relics). third on normal, crash like 4 more times, me and none of my teammates got any rewards. not going to risk it again until it's fixed.

Maiming Strike, as it has already been, is going to become Meta inside of the Onslaughts. Have you guys had any ideas about reworking the insane melee range you can attain on some select weapons? (Or at least making it so players can't spam slide through walls/doors/objects, because I personally feel that it's kinda game-breaking).

Other than that, I feel like rewards should be given at the end of every Zone, instead of every other Zone. The drop tables are so polluted with Relics that we either don't need or don't want because we have Primes already and can go somewhere else to farm Relics if we need them.  Having a 60-75% chance of earning a relic of some kind while playing this, at every other wave, is such a let down in my opinion. (My first run to Z7 earned me three relics I didn't need, I know that's a fairly small window, but I'm speaking for the select few of us who can consistently have crappy RNG for quite a while.) Just saying that it doesn't feel like true endgame content if more than 3/4s of the rewards are useless for most players.

I did hear that you guys are planning to cycle the reward tables sometimes (similar to how Sorties 1.0 worked). Could you perhaps consider removing some of the Relics from each rotation in favor of new, exciting rewards to entice gameplay/endurance beyond the initial farm of Khora, Captura Scenes, and the Vandal Weapons?

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

This mode is borderline impossible to get to rotation C with solo due to horrendously low spawn rates/terrible rate of efficiency this late, crashes in groups of 3 or more past wave 8 or 9, has bugs especially in groups (spawned me at entrance of sanctuary in wave 3, host kicks are horrendous, and other problems I've heard of but haven't seen), has an absolutely terrible drop table (each wave has at least a 64% chance to drop a relic and at least a 70% chance to drop relics/endo on easy, 67% chance to drop a relic and at least a 76% chance to get relics/endo on hard), and has a chance to not even start up due to the sheer amount of people in the relays right now. I get that there has to be fluff along with the new drops, but the fact each wave has at least a 70% chance to drop something completely useless (A ridiculous 90% chance for rotation A on hard) is abysmal for endgame content