Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[PC] Beasts of the Sanctuary: Bug Report Megathread

[DE]Danielle

As soon as the mission loaded we got a Host migration and then the portal look like this: 

IwYITbw.png

No one could enter the portal and the funny part is that the efficiency already started to go down.

Edit: Decided to start another round, I joined the mission and got the message "Conduct closes in 3...2....1.." and then this happened:

0bqQ4gl.png

This is an actual ingame Screenshot. 

Guess I'll get to use my switch for some days ^^

Edited by Kyoresh

I don't have a WAR code but my game will freeze at Zone 3 right as the conduit is opening. When the game finally restarts, when it asks me "Your game was interrupted unexpectedly, would you like to rejoin squad?" if I click yes and rejoin the squad, it will not spawn a conduit for the next zone. 

I will take screenshots whenever I play the game next.

A few times in the Sanctuary Onslaught a portal didn't show up. Time went to 0, the yellow point where the portal should showed up but the portal itself didn't. Mobs stopped spawning and eventually the efficiency dropped to 0. Had this bug yesterday and today. 
The second thing is the same everyone already mentioned - massive fps drops and game crashing while the portal shows up. Today crashed while I was the host, had to restart the computer as I couldn't do anything at all.

whenever if some ppl decided to rejoin squad when they got disconnected at duration 00:00 (approx.), the portal to the next zone won't open

and the efficiency keeps draining, when the portal is about to be created

as a result, i and the rest ended the onslaught in that zone (zone 5 where i and squadmates at)

Edited by Primbone

Ok so where to begin, I had a transference bug while changing to my operator that froze my ui and disabled my ability to interact with the game, but my connection remained stable and the others in my squad continued as normal (I was not the host for this). Then it acted as if I got the white screen bug where you are taken with your team, but its all white. The normal fix would be using transference, however I was unable to do so, this continued through subsequent zones. It finally resolved after I get the host migration bug where you lose all progress and rewards. You might call this experience a S#&$show of all possible bugs.

Aside from the usual client players freezing randomly regardless of action, we have this other thing that happened in the Elite Onslaught:

Client player crashes and restarts the game. Upon rejoining the team, mobs stopped spawning and the conduit didn't show up either.

We have experienced this twice in a row. First time, the rewards for running the missions seemed to have be lost in the crash (because I rejoined the team as the my play mate was being booted from the simulation).

Ok, so here's a weird one.
I have no idea the cause for certain, but here's how it happened. I was playing onslaught as wukong with a zaw (plague rapier) modded with gas. For some reason, somewhere during the mission my weapon gained the ability to hit literally everything in sight with a gas proc, regardless of range. I think it may have something to do with wukong's ulty being cancelled when entering the portal but I dunno. Also, every time I hit enemies with it my combo counter skyrocketed. Someone say 1500?

Upon experimentation, I have a hypothesis. When you use your staff, your increased range is conserved when you turn it off. So when you have it on while going through the portal, the game doesn't know what to do with your weapon, so it just adds your range multiplier onto your normal melee. And this stacks. Though it is lost on death (fortunately this is wukong we're talking about).

Edited by YamatOrochi8
Hypothesis

From what I have heard, a temporary fix to the crashing in the new onslaught mode is to start your launcher, verify your download cache, and then optimize it immediately after. I don't know if this actually fixes the crashing as I haven't crashed yet from playing it but maybe it'll work for those who are crashing right now until the bug is fixed.

There's a bug where the Onslaught constantly Crashes.

I.e. Clients will crash completely, and have to close the game and re-open to re-join, and, there's a massive bug where the conduit portal just... never appears.
Btw, THIS HAPPENS EVERY SINGLE RUN!!!!!!!

FIX THIS ASAP AS IT'S COMPLETELY GAMEBREAKING!

Edited by Stormandreas

I played stanctuary oneslaught 15 times so far. On those 15 times there were 12 times where warframe simply crashed in the middle of the game, making me lose all affinity (thx focus) gained and sometimes even the rotation rewards !
Those crashes frequently occurred when the timer ended before the portal appeared.

I just did a 9 round Elite Onslaught, finally got Khora chassis and Lato barrel, and then the host leaves, the game migrates, and it spits me out with no items. This isn't the first time it's happened, It happens over and over. People leave because they don't want to do past round 8, and it spits everyone else out with no rewards. It makes it literally unplayable because there is no reward and it's a huge time sink. Like, I get that we're beta testers, but beta testers at least keep what they accomplish from session to session. Sorry for the tone, I'm just incredibly frustrated and I'm giving up on onslaught for a long time. after the hundred of thousands of focus lost, and the hours of game time flushed down the toilet, it's just not worth the trouble.

I just got out of a "game" of Sanctuary Onslaught. I say game in inverted commas because I spent more time in the launcher than in the game itself. I have attached EE.log and Launcher.log at the end of this post. Details follow.

I was playing Octavia in Sanctuary Onslaught. I crashed for the first time after completing Zone 1, where I was in Operator Mode as the portal spawned, and transferred back to my Warframe. The game froze up completely, and I had to use Task Manager to kill it, as the Bug Reporter did not open (Hence why I'm here). This happened multiple times over the 6-Zone run. My friend (who was hosting) experienced other bugs, but not crashes. At the end of Zone 6, he encountered a bug which left his Warframe unable to move and him unable to use any abilities (he was knocked down and while trying to get up a Scorpion grabbed him). I had, at that point crashed 4 times. I crashed a 5th time upon the portal opening, and this time, since we had already agreed to call it a night, left Warframe running in the foreground for an extra 5 minutes. The screen was completely frozen the whole time, and the same snippet of sound (one of the pump things on Mars) was looping for the entire time that it was frozen. The bug reporter did not open. When killing it via Task manager, I noticed that Evolution Engine was taking 0.4% of my CPU. Also to be noted is that I am now running a Cache Verification, and afterwards a Cache Optimisation, on my computer. I will also include a DXDiag report of my PC, in case someone can point out if hardware is causing the crash (I've heard quite a bit about AMD CPUs crashing, and although I have always experienced lesser CPU performance than what I expect from my machine, I haven't experienced crashes until now.

Link to Google Drive folder with EE.log, Launcher.log and DxDiag.txt:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=19vZKeUYLFyV8hTHRvcSp5ShKs4ND7BN2

Interesting find just after posting this: I took a look at EE.log, and noticed that both DX10 and DX11 were turned OFF for some reason. I have never changed those settings, so I don't see a reason that they would have been off, unless doing a cache verification turns them off by default. Will test again with them turned back on and post if anything changes.

Having constant crashes relating to using abilities and/or transference when the portal is either going to open soon, in the process of opening, or has opened. At this point I'm just gonna do the sortie every day and go play something else for the rest of the time, it's too frustrating to deal with constant crashing and reconnecting - you spend more time in the launcher than in the game. Also the bug reporter doe not seem to open any more.

Made a full post here for more info:

Since the game isn't giving me the bug report window after Onslaught freezes up, I'm going to have to explain my vague issues here:

For my first try at Onslaught, after the second conduit opened I was instantly transported WITHOUT touching the conduit physically and Simaris decided to kick me out for not going to the third tile, even though I was already forced over to the third tile and was busy killing things (since the team's Banshee wasn't through yet). The screen faded to white and the game froze up without a bug report window. Notably, as soon as the conduit opened up my warframe slowed down significantly and the tile swapped over instantly.

My second try of Onslaught went slightly better. I got through to the second conduit but the moment the third conduit opened my game froze up with no bug report window.

I haven't tried Onslaught any more than those two attempts. So far my experience has been a Banshee wiping out the entirety of a tile and leaving me twiddling my thumbs, waiting for the game to inevitably freeze.

Edited by Sennera

Match crashes whenever player leaves squad. Or going thought the portal. I'm sooo upset. Just got that Crit flower mod and my squad leader crashed, throwing everyone out of the game with no rewards. All i want is my mod back. Felt like seemingly catching your falling from a skyscraper baby and at the last second getting "butter fingers" and failing to catch him. Making him fall another 200m until hiting the concrete floor.

While I am certain there are MANY posts about this, I'll just add onto this one as its near the top. 

I'll second the above in that whenever the host migrates, ALL awards gained up until that point are lost.  This NEEDS fixed.  I am getting quite tired of getting a piece of Khora only to have it lost because the host decided to leave and tell no one about this.

Bugs are one thing, but if you insist on having a remote hosted game, you need to fix anything associated to the client in such a setup/.  Failure to do so will eventually cost you players.

screen and UI freezes after entering portal, can see RAM and FPS counter and everything else  fine though  and missions end over time when you dont take the next portal

Not getting rewards half the time , so im giving up on  warframe till  the next fix   i ve already wasted 3 hours  to matches were i got nothing

Host disconnects  kills all progress

white screen still a thing

I'm sure you are aware of what this new game mode DE has made for us, Onslaught. Maybe you know it as the Sanctuary Game as an other name.

Overall it's pretty fun to play, especially if you got some friends to play with. However, there's a major red flag when I saw it, and that's when the portal opens after the wave timer ran out. Tell me if it happened to you on that moment.

1) The game slowed down majorly when the portal opens up

2) When that happened, the game would crash after a few times that happened.

That what happened on my personal experience. DE, if you're reading this than I hope you can work on resolving the Onslaught mode. I like it, it's pretty fun but I like to keep my rewards and the radiant relics that I don't want and wanted the other one! Thank you for reading, have a good one Tenno!

I will chime in aswell, thus far I've played the elite onslaught 5 or so times and I have yet to get any rewards from it. I enjoy the game mode, I like to push myself as far as I can here on warframe. So every time I've done this game mode a host has left and I have lost it all. The only rewards I've gotten are from the 2 times I've tried the regular mode, one of which ended when I got the white screen glitch after the exit appeared on me.