Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary Onslaught - Host Migration Problem

Dulran

I was running Sanctuary Onslaught in Zone 10, running quite well until the host had a crash followed by a host migration which booted the rest of the party back to the relay. We also received no rewards and the weapons I've leveled while playing were put back to 0 again. A saving system similiar to the Plains would be much appreciated.

I was playing Sanctuary Onslaught and I did not get any part for 5-6 matches and then suddenly I got 3 parts when I reached zone 10 in 1 match but suddenly host left or disconnected and game stuck at host migration. Me and 2 other players sent back to relay and did not get any reward including exp you earn for weapons and warframes. 

I write this for moderators and developers to check because I want this problem to be fixed as soon as possible so there will not be any more victims to a simple glitch that steals your time and your rewards.

This is still an issue. Was duoing with a friend and he couldn't find the way to the next conduit. He ended up keeping his rewards while I got sent back to the relay after a good 5 minutes or so of "host migration". Lost about 70,000~ focus and all my rewards. Very annoying.

Seriously fix your host migration problems, 2 games in a row host leaves around Zone 10, host migration fails, lost everything, loot, focus, like I never played it, fix the damn migration or at least save progress at each Zone so if migration fails you don't lose the rewards, what is so hard?

Edited by EmperorBrenex

10 minutes ago, EmperorBrenex said:

Seriously fix your host migration problems, 2 games in a row host leaves around room 10, host migration fails, lost everything, loot, focus, like I never played it, fix the damn migration or at least save progress at each round so if it fails you don't lose it, what is so hard?

Fast tip - as soon as you see that you're about to join someone, mash your Y key; repeat as long as you need, so that it allows you to host. :satisfied:

Spoiler

Don't do it if you've got a bad internet connection. For the sake of all of us. :crylaugh:

Or you know, you can just make a premade team... sometimes easiest solutions are the best ones out there.

Edited by Kuez

From what I'm noticing, the crashing has to be linked towards a graphics card issue/interaction. Since I'm running a Nvidia GeForce GT 730 and haven't run into any problems as of yet. There's another bug that if someone joins that crashed, the new conduit will spawn with the mission objective and all that jazz but no actual portal to you know, continue.

On a side note, these drop rates make me nauseous.

Edited by Lahared

happened to me also just now .

on wave 9 i think it was, i got white screen after going through portal but it didn't think i had, so did the you must join allies thing while i was in next room. when that countdown finished my screen went white but i was still in the next area. this resolved itself somehow when we went to the following area, where it materialised me in. we did the next two rounds and then we had host migration soon into the start of the round, this auto finished the mission on the two remaining people, showing the sanctuary screen but a blank rewards screen. no rewards were received (including focus rewards).

Yeah have tried the new mode 3 times, every single time its ended with the host migration screen for a few mins and then losing all xp/focus/loot.

Sad as this mode does seem enjoyable,but until the host migration issue is fixed i will be playing something else.

13 minutes ago, Jaqqour said:

Yeah have tried the new mode 3 times, every single time its ended with the host migration screen for a few mins and then losing all xp/focus/loot.

Sad as this mode does seem enjoyable,but until the host migration issue is fixed i will be playing something else.

I'm not holding my breath. Pretty sure they still haven't fixed host migration crash in void relic endless missions.

As it says in the title, every so often, especially late into a Sanctuary run, the whole squad will wind up being hit by a host migration alert, tossing them back into the loading screen. However, instead of normal loading times, the host migration will go anywhere from 2 to 5 minutes before outright failing in the load and slapping the whole squad with a mission failure, thus nullifying any rewards they may have gotten. 

Most recently I was going on a great run in elite onslaught and had gotten both Khorra's chassis and her blueprint. Literally seconds before we extracted we got hit by a host migration and I lost everything. I'm straight up livid right now and I know for a fact it's going to be a long while before RNG gives me good rolls like that again. This isn't the first time I've gotten hit like this before either, even after the hot fix, though thankfully the earlier runs I only lost relics. While my game hasn't outright crashed like many others have suffered, it seems like every-time I go into elite onslaught I'm flipping a coin to see whether or not my mission erases my progress and gives me a flat out failure because something goes wrong with the connection to the host. 

I know the devs are usually great at fixing bugs like this, and they're probably already working on a fix for it right now, but I know I'm not alone in feeling that the day 1 state is soiling the player enjoyment. Void Onslaught is genuinely really fun to play and is a great change of pace from the usual grind, but having all of your progress, all of your hard earned rewards, especially given how low some of these drop chances are, it's devastating.

This tends to happen in normal Sanctuary Onslaught as well, but the frequency appears to be much higher in Elite Onslaught, which is dangerous given the variety of rare items that a player can get. There are also times in which during host migrations, the efficiency continues to decay while the squad is stuck in the loading screen, so even if they get back into the mission successfully, the same result happens in that they are given an immediate fail, even though normally you keep the items you've earned when efficiency drains away normally. Currently a handful of other players and close friends I've spoken to have also talked about being hit by host migrations. I would hesitantly wager a guess that it's tied to crashes, in which perhaps the host experiences a crash, thus hitting the rest of the squad with a host migration. 

I can only await with baited breath to see if this will get fixed soon, but it still stings immensely having lost so much progress. Let me know if I'm not the only one who's been hit by this whole host migration issue, the whole process of getting excited over a reward only to have it brutally eviscerated by something like this is, to put it lightly, draining. 

I can only hope that this is an eye-opener for DE on the litany of bugs and issues that need to be worked on before trying to push out more new content (which isn't necessarily a bad thing). There's still quite a lot that needs to be tweaked and polished before moving on to new ideas being introduced, with the host migration now showing a potentially critical downside to how things are currently working. Had they taken the time to make the parts part of a quest or storyline, it wouldn't be such a pain to farm for. Then again, time-gating is kind of a key factor within their developmental values to keep others playing the game. With all that aside, this issue still needs much more attention than it is currently receiving.

Edited by BedpanExpress

Honestly this has happened multiple times when new things come out. The kuva siphon was broken when it first came out. Not going to go into Lunaro, since i personally wasn't a part of it. But I've gotten into the habit of just waiting two or three days after a big update before trying the new thing.

This is probably going to be fixed within a day or two,  but it's kinda disheartening. I feel bad for whoever lost good loot to this.

DE just needs to wait like twenty four hours before putting out a big update,  like seriously. That's about how long it takes to fix what everyone freaks out about when issues first pop up,  so if they took it beforehand and made sure it worked 100% before putting it out there it'd make things a lot simpler.

Just had it happen to me, did Elite Sanctuary and lost all rewards and Focus gains. Got a few radiant relics and a good chunk of endo by Zone 9. All gone. Yay....

Tried again in regular Sanctuary mode, this time got to zone 11 and another host migration happened and lost everything again. I love you guys and this game but I'm done playing it for now until it's stable. This is pretty bad.

Edited by Gildian

Yup, running an Elite Sanctuary with the host and one getting the proper ending, me and the 4th person did not get ending screen and instead got host migration only to get booted out all the way to a failed mission screen.  Lost Khora Chassis some some weapon part I don't even know which and relics. 

Fun mode in all but bugs like this make any judgement on it have to be extremely harsh