Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Multistory Elevators And Diagonal Connector Pieces...

MeduSalem

I'm just about to get a new design ready for our clan dojo, when I came up with some improvements and ideas:

- Multistoy Elevators: Just as it says. Elevators that are able to reach more than two adjacent floors. I know the ingame "Call for Elevator"-Buttons at the moment don't allow more than two floors since the elevator wouldn't know which floor you would like to go. But just simply add a popup window like the hackpanel etc, click the floor number and there you go. Also it should be possible to add more floors to the same elevator for future expansion without actually destroying the elevator and eventually everything that is connected to the elevator before you could do that. Could be done with some sort of feature that adds another floor above or underneath the current available floors and extends the elevator height dynamically.

- Diagonal Connector pieces: Yepp, why not having 45*-Diagonal connector pieces too. Grineer tilesets have diagonal ones.. Would at least add some variety if not everything is ortho... :P Altough the diagonal pieces should stay within the new grid system like d=a*quareroot(2), where "d" is the length of the diagonal piece and "a" is the length of a regular ortho piece like the Cross/T-Shapes. Otherwise they would mean another mess if someone tries to loop the pieces.

It wouldn't be too bad to see the multistory elevators in regular missions too, because it's pretty weird to see multiple elevators beeing placed next to each other (which I sometimes saw... also one going up and the next one going down again like "what the hell? what was that good for?"). Altough I know there would be some issues getting the waypoint system working to know which floor you HAVE to go next without actually going to each floor to check it out.

- Medu