Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.18.1

[DE]Megan

Higher focus from synthetic shards please, as plains literally makes me fall asleep at my desk. Not asking for much, 30k focus per synthetic shard would be fine.

Edit: it's currently 5k focus on rotation B per synthetic shard

...most of the notes left here of issues for Beasts of the Sanctuary are already posted. Mostly the crashes ingame...hopefully Hotfix 22.18.1 will have sorted some of these faults. Surely more fixes will come about as users progress the BOTS. Thankx Dev's.

35 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I sure hope endgame doesn't become mods that add no stat bonus. I would prefer slotting Sure Shot or Lasting Sting over peculiar mods. I feel like they are about as useful as Hush, Silent Battery, or Suppress. Perhaps mods such as Peculiar Serration that gave 165% damage but also gave a cool effect would be more interesting (Restrict players from putting Peculiar versions with Vanilla versions ala Primed Mods).

Hush and other silencer mods are useful for Prowl Ivara and other invisibility Frames, because you can bring any sidearm and not alert enemies or cause your stealth to drop.

Current setup for Beast of the Sanctuary is unsustainable.

The game mode is crippled by bad spawns, bad pathing, and just generally fights against Warframes spawning/AI logic. Many of the tiles in the rotation are just bad on all counts and functional run killers if they come up.

The Corpus Ice Planet with all the Shipping crates and underground zone is a particular example. Due to spawn point placement, and horrendous pathing, it is functionally impossible to reach fresh spawns quickly enough to succeeded in later (post 8) stages.

Both Beast of the Sanctuary and normal Survival also suffer from the same problems for Solo players. Drastically reduced spawn amount, which makes it externally difficult to sustain when even compared to 2 players.

What needs to happen is the Volume of the Tile needs to added into the calculation for Efficiency gain on kill. Large more complex tiles need to return more Efficiency per kill because the spawns are just so spread out, and pathing of the AI is so bad. Likewise this can help curtail the super-small-super-compact tiles from being basically free passes.

You need to NORMALIZE the Efficiency gain based on Tile size and pathing complexity!

2 minutes ago, blackstraykitten said:

why are the specimen just wandering around not trying to attack?(except the infested ones)
its like theyre just there waiting to die.

Aand you've got to keep killing them until you reach zone 5 and effiency says nope, and starting to diminish itself like someone, who's bleeding from like 6 big wounds xD

Hey guys just a reminder to please keep it civil with one another / treat DE like humans.  

They are working seriously hard to bring us this update.

Saying things like "Thanks for fixing things that should've already been fixed"  does not help and frankly, will not be tolerated.

Thanks guys!

We have a friend with a hammster as as CPU and a potato as GPU. The portal dont spawn until he loads the new room, so we get there stuck in the room until the portal spawns, and by the time it opens we lose about 10-20% of Efficiency (30% for Earth rooms). Could you please block the Efficiency drain while the portals is spawning?

il y a 42 minutes, AndriusOmega a dit :

thanks for the fix.

didn't get any rewards after finishing the onslaught...

also... some music would be nice for the new Game mode...

Exactly what i thought.

When the Host leaves On Onslaught at Wave 8 because hes special there are 2 Problems:

Host Migration sitting forever at the loading Screen

Not getting any Rewards because the host just alt+f4'd

Happend to me 8 times now - Do i have to wait 2 Weeks before doing that Mode so less braindead people are doing that?

(Disclaimer: The following is a pre-hotfix review, I just figured there was little point in posting it in the old thread.)

I've done a few solo Onslaught runs, the farthest I've got so far is stage 6 in Elite mode and stage 12 in regular mode. My very early impressions from a solo player's perspective could be summarized as follows: Fun but unbalanced.

First, the good parts. The spawn rates are a nice change of pace compared to most other missions (where it often feels like you're chasing down small groups of enemies in a mostly empty map), and the efficiency meter adds a sense of urgency. The tiles chosen for the mission seem to be some of the best ones for fighting hordes of enemies, though some favor the player more than others. Haven't had a chance to test the focus gains yet since I was already capped for today, but based on the enemy numbers alone, it should easily beat anything other than Adaro. Haven't experienced any crashes yet, even though Warframe is normally fairly unstable on my PC.

Now for the negatives. The nature of the mission dictates that AoE is king, which alone is fair enough. However, that relatively small subset of possible builds is narrowed down even further by the restrictions put in place, such as: no gear, buff and energy reset on stage transition, and ability cooldowns. All of those factors strongly disadvantage casters and promote building for maximum passive survivability combined with a large melee weapon. Furthermore, even despite the vastly increased spawn rates, some of the AI issues common in Survival are still present in Onslaught: Enemies often linger around corners and in rooms above and below you, and at other times they walk towards you at an inexplicably slow pace. The Grineer in particular are the bottleneck faction due to their armor and their tendency to spread out; meanwhile, the Infested with their sheer numbers and cannon fodder tactics are basically free efficiency.

Again, all of the above is from a solo perspective; I've already seen high scores that greatly surpass anything I could even hope to achieve alone, so maybe things get so much easier in a full squad that you actually get more freedom in choosing your approach. Still, this kind of mission seems like a pretty good benchmark and I hope DE will use data from both solo and 4-player runs to improve the balance of the entire game.

Archived