Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does ranking up Peculiar Bloom change anything about it?

DJ_Vauban

Question

8 answers to this question

I have an unranked one (which I didn't rank up yet, since im afraid of ruining the mod after seeing how rare it is...), and it seemed to create one flower per crit pretty reliably.

Anyone have a maxed one who can share what it does?

Edited by SortaRandom

2 minutes ago, SortaRandom said:

I have an unranked one (which I didn't rank up yet, since im afraid of ruining the mod after seeing how rare it is...), and it seemed to create one flower per crit pretty reliably.

Anyone have a maxed one who can share what it does?

The thing is, I tested the mod with a Synapse with over 100% crit chance which should basically cause them to be covered in flowers from top to bottom but they weren't really. So I think it crits might just have a CHANCE to spawn flowers owo at least if the mod is unranked

2 minutes ago, DJ_Vauban said:

The thing is, I tested the mod with a Synapse with over 100% crit chance which should basically cause them to be covered in flowers from top to bottom but they weren't really. So I think it crits might just have a CHANCE to spawn flowers owo at least if the mod is unranked

I tested the unranked mod on a Vulkar Wraith with almost exactly 100% crit chance. Seemed to proc one flower per hit (even with two hits per shot; maybe because they hit the same place?), but yeah, there were a few shots that didn't proc any noticeable flowers. Getting a flower was far more likely, though.

Maybe it depends on where you're hitting it? Did you wave the crosshair all over the enemy with the synapse?

Just now, SortaRandom said:

I tested the unranked mod on a Vulkar Wraith with almost exactly 100% crit chance. Seemed to proc one flower per hit (even with two hits per shot; maybe because they hit the same place?), but yeah, there were a few shots that didn't proc any noticeable flowers. Getting a flower was far more likely, though.

Maybe it depends on where you're hitting it? Did you wave the crosshair all over the enemy with the synapse?

It didn't feel like it mattered WHERE you hit the enemy because the flowers seemed to grow anywhere from the face to the foot while I was firing at the chest.

26 minutes ago, DJ_Vauban said:

It didn't feel like it mattered WHERE you hit the enemy because the flowers seemed to grow anywhere from the face to the foot while I was firing at the chest.

I just tested it out with the Synapse (which is indeed covering them with flowers, but there don't seem to be as many flowers as there are ticks), and it turns out, location definitely matters. Hitting it in the knee will consistently have flowers growing out of that knee at varying angles, for example.

The chest's "flower spawn point" seems to have flowers sticking at really weird angles (mostly in a circle oriented 90 degrees from the enemy's front, like some bizarre cartoon lion's mane), so they look like they're coming out of the arms and head and such. I've gotten quite a few chest shots to plant flowers in their waists, though, so I'm not sure exactly how it works... maybe the flowers just grow out of the nearest "flower spawn point" and I'm just bad at making my shots 100% consistent?

EDIT: Figured out to test it with Frost on a frozen enemy. Yes, it's location-based, and yes, I was just bad at making my shots 100% consistent.

If you shoot an enemy multiple times in EXACTLY the same spot (e.g. a frozen enemy with a perfectly-accurate weapon with no recoil), then flowers will grow from EXACTLY the same spawn point at EXACTLY the same angle. They clip into each other perfectly, so 9999 crits from a Synapse will appear to produce only 1 flower unless you hit a slightly different spot. (Unless it's actually just a single flower and they disabled self-clipping for performance reasons.)

EDIT2: Also, the angle the flowers spawn at seems to depend on the angle from which you fired the shot-- so it's not just location-based, but it's angle-based as well.
e.g. If you stand in one spot and wiggle the crosshair around the enemy's knee, you'll only get 1 or 2 flowers. But if you fire at that knee while slowly strafing around, you'll create a continuous mane of a billion flowers growing at slightly different angles.

Edited by SortaRandom

Just now, SortaRandom said:

I just tested it out with the Synapse (which is indeed covering them with flowers, but there don't seem to be as many flowers as there are ticks), and it turns out, location definitely matters. Hitting it in the knee will consistently have flowers growing out of that knee at varying angles, for example.

The chest's "flower spawn point" seems to have flowers sticking at really weird angles, so they look like they're coming out of the arms and head and such. I've gotten quite a few chest shots to grow out of their waists, though, so I'm not sure exactly how it works... maybe the flowers just grow out of the nearest "flower spawn point"?

Guess I didn't look close enough then lol. Maybe a crit has x% chance to spawn a flower instead of really 100%. But then how high is the chance of spawning flowers if the mod is maxed out? Wish they added at least SOME info on that mod <w<