Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Elite Sanctuary MR lock

PakkiTheDog

EDITED

I'm excluding myself from this argument. I'v said what i wanted, argued and made enough points down bellow for you to read if you wish to do so. At this point i'm just restarting the same arguments with different people, going in circles. My opinion is an unpopular one because unlike the majority i disagree with the PC mentality. I agree everyone should have the same rights, but because of that not putting a simple barrier of progress in game is just silly. Locking new players from an obvious veteran mode. Anyways if you want to see all my points and arguments, read on, especially before posting your own opinions because chances are i already made some arguments to those. But if you only came here to insult me after reading the title than also go ahead and post what you want bellow.

Cheers

There needs to be a MR lock for Elite Sanctuary or at least some filter option when playing public. This game mode was meant for veterans, i don't want to be paired with a team of mr5-10 players with awful net connections, bad frame choices and bad builds.

And i know, recruit channel... i don't want to waist even more time for getting a competent team.

Edited by PakkiTheDog

2 minutes ago, Nakrast said:

Elitist much? Go on the recruiting chat if you want pros.
I'm mr25 btw.

Don't be dumb. It's meant for VETERANS, not for players that started to play the game a week ago. If you need further explanations read my first post again.

MR has nothing to do with whether you're a veteran or not. I have seen alot of older players (recognized them on their Excal Prime Glyph) with MR ~7 upwards. Are they no veterans now due to their MR? or is being veteran bound to knowledge of the game? because then technically someone could read up all the stuff he needs to know before playing the game and could be counted as Veteran on MR 1. (Bit of a hyperbole just to make my point clear)

Edited by Calumniis

2 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

Don't be dumb. It's meant for VETERANS, not for players that started to play the game a week ago. If you need further explanations read my first post again.

FWIW if you're going to be an elitist can't be bothered with recruit channel fella it's probably best to not waist our time with bad spelling

1 minute ago, Calumniis said:

MR has nothing to do with whether you're a veteran or not. I have seen alot of older players (rocgnized them on their Excal Prime Glyph) with MR ~7 upwards. Are they no veterans now due to their MR? or is being veteran bound to knowledge of the game? because then technically someone could read up all the stuff he needs to know before playing the game and could be counted as Veteran on MR 1.

That is a nice rumor that goes around on the forums but it's not true. With age comes wisdom, with time comes experience. Compare the knowledge of MR 5, MR 10, MR 10 and MR 20 and you'll see the difference.

18 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

And high MR does not mean that they are a veteran.
I've ran into tons of high MR players who only know how to play Hydron/Akkad and can't do anything else outside of hydron/akkad farms in specific setups where they ask things that most people should know upon playing low level missions.  Hek, I've met a few people with MR20 that didn' tknow that the large life supports in survivals are worth 30%....
Meanwhile I've played with tons of MR5-7 that can actually play the game and do things other than focus farms.

MR is utterly pointless in telling if someone is "elite" or knows anything about the game.  Its an utterly worthless measurement and really shouldn't be used for anything.

If you are so insistent though about MR though you have a tool to use: Recruitment chat!
Its easy.  Just use that.

Edited by Tsukinoki

An MR filter would reduce potential squads too harshly, and probably not result in anything good, since the people who would use the filter are, well, the people who WANT a filter in the first place. A minor MR requirement, like with Cetus Bounties, might be a decent idea, but not MR10 forwards, that's just crazy.

On an unrelated tangent, if you're pubbing, you know what you're getting into, so either recruit or toughen up.

I really don't think that MR locking a game type is fair unless it was something unlocked after a content related quest for example kuva missions. Locking it out would seem unfair to the community that hasn't gotten to that certain MR. Internet is something that is a earned not passed around. If you get people with bad internet they could be far enough from you that it makes it bad. People should be allowed to play it regardless of their MR. Also btw I have been around since Excalibur Prime's founder pack so if you're going to use the word veteran, use it as an self identification because it sounds like you're speaking for the veteran community. There is a quest that you need to complete before playing it which is a MR 5 quest.

2 minutes ago, DFDelta said:

Since when is MR a sign of skill or even knowledge?

Do you know how many 15+ players I've seen who don't know much more about the game then "go to Hydron and go afk"?

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

And high MR does not mean that they are a veteran.
I've ran into tons of high MR players who only know how to play Hydron/Akkad and can't do anything else outside of hydron/akkad farms in specific setups where they ask things that most people should know upon playing low level missions.  Hek, I've met a few people with MR20 that didn' tknow that the large life supports in survivals are worth 30%....

MR is utterly pointless in telling if someone is "elite" or knows anything about the game.  Its an utterly worthless measurement and really shouldn't be used for anything.

I'm gonna just leave you my earlier statement and i'll also add that a couple of bad apples don't mean MR doesn't matter. Also compare what % of all high mr players are noobs and what % of all the low MR players are noobs.

13 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

That is a nice rumor that goes around on the forums but it's not true. With age comes wisdom, with time comes experience. Compare the knowledge of MR 5, MR 10, MR 10 and MR 20 and you'll see the difference.

Just because someone is a Founder does not mean they are a veteran. Just because someone is high MR does not mean they are a veteran.

That said, seeing MR4s trying to join onslaught is just ridiculous, they're always dying and are outright detrimental to getting anything done. 

Considering I've had an mr6 rage quit (he was host) on round 5 of the easy version after starting to die during round 4 (and obviously the counter continues and we lose everything etc) I can fully support the notion of an MR lock on the elite one. 

Not saying all players of MR6 are bad, but I know for a fact that I didn't have all the important mods and I don't think I had many mods at a high level either (didn't have anyone to hand down better ones etc) to deal with mid level sortie and higher enemies back then. It isn't always about ability, it's sometimes about what you have access to. 

It might seem a little harsh but I don't want to carry a newbie, and possibly keep reviving them, on higher levels of onslaught when the countdown is like it is etc. 

Personally I don't see how an MR10 restriction on the harder level would do any harm to it because it is supposed to be aimed at veterans not newbies, although the weapons from the elite map are mr4 and 7....

Edited by LSG501

24 minutes ago, DeadlySurgeon said:

An MR filter would reduce potential squads too harshly, and probably not result in anything good, since the people who would use the filter are, well, the people who WANT a filter in the first place. A minor MR requirement, like with Cetus Bounties, might be a decent idea, but not MR10 forwards, that's just crazy.

On an unrelated tangent, if you're pubbing, you know what you're getting into, so either recruit or toughen up.

True, it would influence the speed of finding a squad, but setting it on 10 or even 15 i doubt it would make that much of a difference imo. It would just pear up high mr players together and all the rest. 

Time played lock on the other hand, that could be a fair lock.

24 minutes ago, harbingerofdawn said:

I really don't think that MR locking a game type is fair unless it was something unlocked after a content related quest for example kuva missions. Locking it out would seem unfair to the community that hasn't gotten to that certain MR. Internet is something that is a earned not passed around. If you get people with bad internet they could be far enough from you that it makes it bad. People should be allowed to play it regardless of their MR. Also btw I have been around since Excalibur Prime's founder pack so if you're going to use the word veteran, use it as an self identification because it sounds like you're speaking for the veteran community. There is a quest that you need to complete before playing it which is a MR 5 quest.

I don't understand why warframe is pushing the "get everything at start" mentality. Why couldn't there be certain parts of the game locked for the time when you are ready. In most of the games you have progression, the difficulty of the game increases with time. It boggles me how DE designs game modes or changes them so they need less and less skill to play. When we had the "special" gift of the lotus rewards that were meant again for veterans, the majority complained because they weren't able to finish them in FIRST TRY!?!?! The audacity, they had to repeat the mission twice or even three times to finish that alert. And now this game mode, doesn't it look easy? Idk about you, but when i meet a lvl 100+ enemy in other missions they don't get down that fast as they go in Onslaught. They hit harder as well...

Edited by PakkiTheDog

53 minutes ago, PakkiTheDog said:

There needs to be a MR lock for Elite Sanctuary or at least some filter option when playing public. This game mode was meant for veterans, i don't want to be paired with a team of mr5-10 players with awful net connections, bad frame choices and bad builds.

And i know, recruit channel... i don't want to waist even more time for getting a competent team.

Gear check much, you want this to be the new edilon with

chroma high power arcane aricne with unaro wisps max and a Lanker with a god riven 323 amp pads must get one lura and charge it must have archwing

Train must be high effincy spam build must have Lanka must have archwing must have void strike maxed must have pads, 323 amp, must get 7 lures in 3 mins

Volt must have night effincy and duration, Lanka, void strike maxed, must have pads, must have 323 amp must have archwing

Harrow must have effincy 95% duration, Lanka, archwing, 323 amp....

You get the point now, gear cheacks are inatly bad and this is coming from some one that can pass them all.

2 minutes ago, fluffysnowcap said:

Gear check much, you want this to be the new edilon with

chroma high power arcane aricne with unaro wisps max and a Lanker with a god riven 323 amp pads must get one lura and charge it must have archwing

Train must be high effincy spam build must have Lanka must have archwing must have void strike maxed must have pads, 323 amp, must get 7 lures in 3 mins

Volt must have night effincy and duration, Lanka, void strike maxed, must have pads, must have 323 amp must have archwing

Harrow must have effincy 95% duration, Lanka, archwing, 323 amp....

You get the point now, gear cheacks are inatly bad and this is coming from some one that can pass them all.

Exaggerate much? I asked for no low MR players with bad frames and bad builds, doing no dmg and constantly getting downed.

Edited by PakkiTheDog