The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't Update on Friday

PurpleBomber

This should be pretty self-explanatory. For all of its flaws surely the biggest problem with Beasts of the Sanctuary is that despite a few nominal hotfixes on Friday (that didn't work very well either), every other issue has been left to stew all weekend because of business hours. Now I'm not saying DE has an obligation to pull overtime to release the update ASAP, but if Beasts of the Sanctuary was already troubled enough to push the release from Wednesday all the way to Friday then the wisest choice probably would've been to just cut the line and delay it back to Monday. There'd be forum salt, for sure, but there's no lack of it in the present situation either and simply not updating on Friday spares DE the mountain of support tickets that's surely piled up over the weekend.

15 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

People complain when DE delay. People complain when they ship it. DE can't make everyone happy. I don't see the point of this thread.

It would help if they didn’t give release windows that they’re not sure they can meet. The reason they pushed it Friday is because they said they would release it that week, even though it clearly was not ready.

34 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

People complain when DE delay. People complain when they ship it. DE can't make everyone happy. I don't see the point of this thread.

True but Friday content updates have the potential for the maximum amount of people unhappy, including the devs. 

Because we as players are looking down the barrel of potentially two days of unpatched game breaking bugs that prevent us from participating in the new content. Which for a lot of people is going to be all they want to do, which is going to be extra frustrating. To top that off the devs are going to be forced have to make the hard decision between riding it out and hoping for the best or sacrificing their weekend to push hotfixes. 

Edited by Oreades

And what if they released it next week, just as full of bugs? Or they didn't release it until they thought it would be entirely bug-free, just for it to be buggy for everyone else? At least now, they can find out what they need to fix as soon as they're able to work on it, instead of having to wait. If they update later, the bugs come later, and the fixes come later. 

Thing is, DE can't possibly test with every combination there is, so no matter when they release it, bugs will happen every single time. Better to let people test and find them than just delaying only to anger the players and release it with bugs anyway. 

Some of you seem to be under the assumption I'm saying that given the delay to Monday, Beasts of the Sanctuary would be ANY less broken than it ultimately was. That's simply not the case since, again and very obviously, DE does not do any significant work on Warframe on the weekend. It's strictly a difference of DE being able to more quickly respond to the most obvious and flagrant bugs with Onslaught in 1 day instead of 3. It took all of 20 to 30 minutes for players to figure out and report the bugs we're still sitting on today, and yet because of the Friday release we're stuck with them until work resumes on Monday.

It's so hard to word what I want to say to you right now.

If DE didn't update yet, there would be no new content until Monday. The only new bugs that I know of are in the new content. If you don't want those bugs, don't play the new content. You are only stuck with the bugs if you want to play the new content, but since you think DE should've waited to update, you should be entirely fine with avoiding the new content and the new bugs. You are stuck with the bugs because you are playing the new buggy content. The only difference between DE updating when they did and updating Monday is that the new content is optional to play instead of not being there entirely. If you don't want to be stuck with the bugs, don't play the new mode. You aren't stuck anywhere.