Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee weapons should be melee

Inquizitor

7 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

No, you made an absurd statement, are now doubling down on it, the kind of ridiculous exaggeration that when things get nerfed, I scratch my head and wonder why... then I come to fhe forums and see why. People talking out of their ass over and over.

i'm sorry that you don't share the same standards as me for Melee Combat and that you'll take anything you're given.

3 minutes ago, Buttaface said:

Try standing still, looking at the ground, and swinging your melee... get back to us on how many mobs you kill. But you know this full well already.

standing still perhaps, but SpinDashes do not have camera influenced aiming. only directional attacks have any sort of camera influence.

Edited by taiiat

15 hours ago, cptSmollett said:

How about making ms to consume combo counter (fixed amount), in addition to fixing its interaction with blood rush?

Or we buff regular attacks so slide becomes a way to dive in like so...

5 hours ago, fluffysnowcap said:

Or or or, we could add a second combo for stance hits vs a single target that each one landed in succession give a +25% doe all damage types, CC, CD, SC after mods and main combo counter, to discourage spinning tops.

This idea will only work if it does not apply to spin, air, wall and quick attack. As it was a ment in the sense of encouraging "proper" use of melee.

Edited by fluffysnowcap

23 hours ago, PrivateRiem said:

How about adding damage falloff to maiming strike? The further away from you, the less damage / crit chance you get.

This would solve the spin2win whips clearing entire maps, if the falloff were aggressive enough, but I would want to see it done in terms of absolute distance, not a percentage of the weapon's actual range. Otherwise, it hurts short-range weapons pretty badly, especially daggers and fists/sparring. These weapons already get hurt by seeing much, much less benefit from range mods; they don't need to be hit by this as well.