Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Warframe can't have a true endgame (CHANGE MY MIND)

mosaickle

Dunno whether anyone's put it like this before but this is why in my opinion Warframe will never have true end game (thus why so many complains about a lack of a true end game will not exist)

1 - DE implements harder content
2 - DE tries to put mods that are Peculiar (or other quirky rewards)
3 - Playerbase complains about useless mods and want better 'stat mods or gear' style rewards
4 - DE implements better 'stat mods or gear' style rewards
5 - Better 'stat mods or gear' style rewards render initial hard content not hard anymore thus no longer end game
6 - Players complain about a lack of endgame and want harder content

And the cycle continues.

Whaddya guys think?

Edited by NSDBL

2 minutes ago, Ksaero said:

But Warframe already has true endgame.

You know what it is.

I specifically didn't mention things like fashionframing because it isn't an integral mechanic of the game in terms of gameplay. But I can appreciate the joke for sure.

1 minute ago, Lady_Xenomorph said:

Warframe is constantly evolving that's why it cannot given endgame content. End game is when the game finished and all content which planned for it released. This game story is still not finished and there could be much more content which will extend our end game content.

That's just nonsense. Every MMO ever has had an end game and an ongoing story simultaneously. What the end game is may change over time, but end game is built off of mechanics and not story.

1 minute ago, NSDBL said:

I specifically didn't mention things like fashionframing because it isn't an integral mechanic of the game in terms of gameplay. But I can appreciate the joke for sure.

If serious, I think there might be a way to introduce true endgame, but it needs a real foundation first, and that means nerfing. Sanctuary Onslaught is actually a very good way to highlight cheesy tactics and playstyles. DE could easily shut them all down.

And to be honest, I really liked ability spam prevention by Simaris. Not a strict cooldown, but promotes smarter gameplay and timing. Introducing this mechanic to the rest of the game could make it more challenging.

The definition of endgame in general is subjective to each player.

In warframe you will never have endgame(aside from fashion victims) purely bc you can go in a mission as 4 powerhouses and stay there till your eyes bleed.

The only way I can see Warframe having a pseudo endgame is adding negative modifiers to late game content. But most players hate having artificial modifiers and go with the mentlity of cheese or be cheesed.

Yes, powercreep is a problem, but what makes you think warframe doesn't have endgame in the first place? Eidolon hunts are currently the endgame and I don't think powercreep makes it trivial.. not as much as it does all the other content at least, because of the operator mechs. 

Edited by VanLyrr

3 minutes ago, CheezThePimp said:

In warframe you will never have endgame(aside from fashion victims) purely bc you can go in a mission as 4 powerhouses and stay there till your eyes bleed.

It's only like this because DE has done such a poor job of balancing things. There's too much of a difference in power between players and it makes it impossible for DE to balance enemies in a satisfying way. 

1 hour ago, NSDBL said:

Dunno whether anyone's put it like this before but this is why in my opinion Warframe will never have true end game (thus why so many complains about a lack of a true end game will not exist)

1 - DE implements harder content
2 - DE tries to put mods that are Peculiar (or other quirky rewards)
3 - Playerbase complains about useless mods and want better 'stat mods or gear' style rewards
4 - DE implements better 'stat mods or gear' style rewards
5 - Better 'stat mods or gear' style rewards render initial hard content not hard anymore thus no longer end game
6 - Players complain about a lack of endgame and want harder content

And the cycle continues.

Whaddya guys think?

DE has a generation of gamer-developers that enjoyed old-school, arcade-style progression.  So Space Invaders to Missile Command to Defender to Pac Man to Centipede to Frogger...

It’s as simple as that...

Peculiar mods aren't unpopular merely because they're aesthetic.  They're unpopular because they actually weaken you, by doing nothing in a mod slot.  Easy enough to solve. 

Instead of having peculiar mods being independent mods, turn them into versions of existing mods, ideally ones considered mandatory.  So instead of Peculiar Bloom, you make Blooming Serration or Blooming Vitality.  Once using peculiar mods is not a penalty to builds, they'll become much more interesting - as it is, a hard fought rewards that creates visual effects but makes you weaker by eating up a mod slot is not going to be popular, that would change it.

Give it something like 2/3 mods for frame, primary, secondary and melee with 5/10 possible effects, endgame becomes a quest to get the exact effects you want on mods that you can use on your current build.

Add some kind of very small reward for kills in Sanctuary assault to make up for the lack of drops - something tiny, like 1 kuva per kill, or 1 Simaris Rep.  That way if you get all bad rolls on the reward, you still make some progress.

There's your endgame.

Edited by Phatose

Instead of useless peculiars, why not add special version of already existing mods (without possibility for overlap, and static, not random stats)

Like Peculiar point strike, 150% crit chance + 30% reload speed. Stuff like that, but staying as far away from damage stats as possible. (Reload, accuracy, magasine or max ammo, ammo mutation, punchthrough, zoom? etc)

Vets get something useful that doesn't overpower them, but offers some much needed utility stats that we never find room for in our builds.

As for endgame, DE keeps making us more powerful instead of nerfing our ability for genocide.

Instead of useless peculiars, why not add special version of already existing mods (without possibility for overlap, and static, not random stats)

Like Peculiar point strike, 150% crit chance + 30% reload speed. Stuff like that, but staying as far away from damage stats as possible. (Reload, accuracy, magasine or max ammo, ammo mutation, punchthrough, zoom? etc)

Vets get something useful that doesn't overpower them, but offers some much needed utility stats that we never find room for in our builds.

As for endgame, DE keeps making us more powerful instead of nerfing our ability for genocide.

There are no end game when the games are update content rapidly.

Look at Korean Online Games as example. Their end games is just 'Fight Bosses with a lot of HP for about a hour'... Is that end game for you?

For Japanese Online Games, their end game is not that difference. But since Japanese games and Korean games have difference approach on difficulty. The Japanese games like to make the bosses hit very hard (mostly one-shot) but even with normal weapon you can still take them down with about 10-20 minutes compare to 1-2 hours with high-end equipments in Korean games bosses.

Warframe, however. Their end game is just farm everything. When you got everything the game end (for you). Now just wait for new update to redo those farming again...

TBH, my idea of Warframe end-game content is don't make us farm anything. Just let us play with fun not for loots. Many enemy have their gimmick already, just use them!! Take PSO2 for example. They don't implement a very complicated damage system. But they use gimmick in each enemy to challenge the player in defeating them. Like when you hit from the front the attack deal 95% less damge compare to attack their weak point in the back (Like how bursa does). Those enemy not just trun around instantly either. They take time to turn around and they cannot attack you unless you're in front of them. So, you're closing in and move around the back to attack them. While any other enemy will also support each other. Most enemy in PSO2, however... use only melee. Also, player who aren't ranger/gunner/braver cannot use any range weapon. So the game just don't throw around enemies that require a specific class/weapon in defeating them. They do have a elemental weakness some even immune to elemental damage. But they can be defeat normally even you don't use their weakness. Their weakness just... there... to make you fight them easier.

PS. Sry for long reply. Just want to share some of my gaming ... 'Knowledge'...