Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nezha: A beautiful frame that needs help

Stygie

Nezha is a wonderful frame that just needs help. To give context, Nezha is my favorite frame by far. While I have come to like many other frames, Nezha has and will always be my number one. I remember first starting this game a couple months ago and looking through the frames list and seeing Nezha and I said that was going to be my first farmed frame, and it was. It was not easy at that time as i grinded resources with little to no help and contirbuted to research him in my friend dojo. Then after another bout of farming I had him, Nezha, My first ever frame in warframe and boy did he not disappoint. Iused him to the end of the star map through all the quests. I vivdly remember that powerful moment in the war within when i surged back with Nezha landing stalwart against the Queens. Needless to say, Nezha has a place in my heart and in this post I will go into depth what changes could really help Nezha shine like I know he can.

Abilities/Augments

Passive

Nezha's Passive is fine and needs no chnages. It is just so much fun to use good job DE!^-^

Firewalker

This ability is okay for the most part but has some issues that hold it back. It is one of Nezha's CC abilities that could use some work to make it better as a first ability. First i sugesst that range mods affect the size of wake tmof fire that Nezha leaves. Perhaps it spreads out in a cone shape from Nezha himself. Also have strenght mods affect the speed buff Nezha gets. It doesn't have to scale massively but allowing that to be the cause could prove usefull for Nezha players as he is supposed to be a fast frame. I mean strenght increases the fire strenght and that would make him run faster no XD. These changes would allow his first ability to be way more flexable and useful in more situations.

Augment: Pyroclastic Flow

I suggest that this Augment be changed as such. Nezha no longer leaves a trail of fire when activating firewalker. Instead, he receives and additons 20% speed boost as well as all damage that would have been released accumulates by a factor of 100%(no multiplier increase just the amount of damage it would do at base with modifications) reactivation will release the damage stored in a cone shaped blast of fire infront of Nezha that is affected by duration and range mods. This would really change up Nezha's playstyle as augments should and make it more viable against harder enemies letting him dodge better with the lack of cc that firewalker loses and then releasing it it a more effective radius.

Blazing Chakram

Allow us to mark enemies with our Chakram much like Ash's Blade Storm so that it it more accurate and can do consistent dps. Also do not have it deactivate firewalker with its blast synergy when teleportation occurs. This is more of a quality of life change that would make his 2 a viable part of his rather than a ablitiy that is just there for fun. The number of enimes that can be mark can scale with range or duration or even just be limited.

Augment: Reaping Chakram

Changed to Purifying Chakram

Blazing Chakram now has no forward movement but hangs in the air for 10s emitting waves of fire that deals heat damage. Based on the damage dealt, on decast, the Chakram lets out a healing pulse to allies that applies a heal overtime buff. Make it scale with duration mods and possible strenght mods. This would really mix up Nezha giving him a place in a team comp.

Warding Halo

This ability is fine for the most part but what kills it his how Nezha gets killed kost of the times while cast it. The cast time is terribly long and without Natural talent, is almost a guaranteed down or instant death while casting and even with Natural talent you might get killed as well. I propose that you move the 3 seconds of invisibility to the begining of the cast giving Nezha casting immunity. During this time, the damage taken would be added to the halo. This would instantly make Nezha way more survivable. 

Augment: Safeguard 

Beautiful augment. Does what it shoukd and does it effectively and changes up Nezha's gameplay well done DE. 

Divine Spears

Now there is alot to be said about this ability. It is supposed to be a CC but comes off as worst excaliber Radial Javlen. I propose that we remove this for a new ability. 

New ability: Divine Judgment 

In Nezha's lore within  the Chinese Mythos, he is resurrected by his master through a body made of lotuses to claim his revenge against his enemy that burnt down the temple his mother made for him that was a place of miracles of healing. As such, he was granted two Chakrams of fire or Twin flame wheels and the flaming spear to exact his retribution with fire as he was slighted with fire. The ability would be an exalted weapon that would guve Nezha two large Chakrams or fire. Prehaps on cast he does a similar animation to divine spears cast animation but with his ring revolving around him and at the end it splits into two exalted Chakrams. These would have their own stance similar to Valkyr's Hysteria Talons that would involve face combos with many thrown animation within similar to glaives if you could dual wield glaives. These would, on kill, cause an explosion that does heat and blast damage. The radius of the explosion scales with range. The ability would be channeled like Valkyr's Hysteria. This would make Nezha more akin to how he is in the Chinese mythos will giving him a powerful ability bringing him to the ranks of Ivara or Excalibur.

Augment: Divine Blessing

Grants Nezha 25% life steal. The explosion that would deal damage to enemies on a kill now causes a healing pulse, that scales of the damage being dealt, to Nezha and Allies. This would be a fabulous Augment that would allow Nezha to become a solid member of a team comp and finally welcomed into end game play.

Now if you do so choose to keep Nezha's Divine spears, removing the second animation or making it one handed would be a nice quality of life change and an augment like this could help

Augment: Blessed Earth

Divine spears now can be set down much like a trap. Any enemy foolish enough to wander on the ground blessed by Nezha will be implaes and stay imapled for the remain duration.

Well if you've managed to make it this long, I'd like to thank you for reading and would love to hear your feedback. I hope this gets to the eyes of someone at DE. I love Nezha, I couldn't imaging warframe without him  and these changes would help him so much. Right now he is a frame that I love but just can't do what he needs to  help the team or even be self sufficient. These changes  could  see the revitalization of Nezha much like the chnages with Zephyr and Limbo, though many would disagree with me on the Limbo one hehe. Thank you again for reading! Peace.

Edited by Lucian_Adrion

I like the ideas - at least for the first 3 skills.

In my opinion it would also be nice if the chakram would heal the halo if nezhas health is full.

If his one is active, his halo could deal increased damage or maybe also heal for 10 health for each tick or something like that.

His 1 could also set the spears on fire so they deal additional fire damage or add a status proc.

Also I'd like to maje his chakram stop when far away for maybe 1 second or 2 so it's easier to teleport :)

Edited by Nacond

I like all the ideas. Nezha is a tough speedster and he also has damage projection - a less durable but faster and more punishing Rhino. I would  definetely use him more if his 1 2 4 abilities got some love from the devs.

Since nezha is my fav frame aswell, i must say i love both your ideas for his 1 and 2, 3 is fine and for his 4 i really like the spears and want him to keep those, a nice wide hard cc just feels great, i'm not sure how i would like the augment or what its purpose/functionality would be, but the changes for 1 and 2 would actually make me use those more mid battle besides just playing around

22 minutes ago, Nacond said:

In my opinion it would also be nice if the chakram would heal the halo if nezhas health is full.

Very much this, plus make the healing radius bigger (what's with DE being afraid of generous range on healing abilities)
and allow it to also recharge Warding Halos you've put on your Squad mates via the Augment.

(BTW, I still think "targeted buffs" like Safeguard / Freeze Force etc should get a hold function
to automatically buff all allies - including the caster - within Affinity range, with a scaling cost.)

For his 4, just make the slam part a one-handed action so it doesn't get in the way of reloads and whatnot.

We really don't need more "Exalted" weapons, though Blazing Chakram scaling with Melee Mods would be neat,
and also, with Venari setting that precedent, allow us to seperately mod all Mod-scaling ablities.
(BC being affected by Glaive Mods without needing to redundantly have an actual Glaive equipped? Woot.)

2 hours ago, (PS4)Schobii564 said:

Since nezha is my fav frame aswell, i must say i love both your ideas for his 1 and 2, 3 is fine and for his 4 i really like the spears and want him to keep those, a nice wide hard cc just feels great, i'm not sure how i would like the augment or what its purpose/functionality would be, but the changes for 1 and 2 would actually make me use those more mid battle besides just playing around

Ah what it does is allow more people to be added to you cc. Rather than just welp you inky got 20 but there friends outta rank still gonna melt ya! No the augment allows those stragglers to get what coming to them too XD

I rather like the ideas, all except the ulti change. I use his spears a lot for trash clearing and general nuking to thin out hoardes. I'd much rather it just lost the second cast animation since its a real momentum breaker to see him stop and uncast them.