Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.18.4

[DE]Rebecca

vor 35 Minuten schrieb bijitaq:

Seriously DE, you guys haven't fixed the host leaving equals end game and no rewards bug yet? This makes the mode unplayable, 

Absolutly agree! This is a shame! I accept not a perfect testing but where was the QA team for testing. A host migration is one of the first things to test. Sry, good gamemode slaughtered by bugs

I will stop playing this

A big bug I found yesterday is that when in onslaught, three times, my screen would go white (like if I got flashbanged) and it would remain white. I found that going into my operater would quickly fix the issue and thankfully had a squad to keep me alive, but it's best to state this if any solo players experience this issue. 

I'm loving this new game mode but right now with Khora's drop chances so low, it's not even worth playing because there is nothing else that you can't get anywhere else. I have done two separate long runs and have only gotten relics and endo. so could you maybe increase the drop chances of Khora's parts? thanks so much.

I see that Khora will be getting a few changes. Now I am not the doom and gloom type that says OH MY GERD THIS IS HORRIBLES!!!

What I will say is that Khora could use a bit of a rework. And not that much of one to be honest. So lets start out by mentioning the good points with her.

I disagree that people think Venari is broken. The Kavat is NOT broken from my personal experience. She works just fine. When in attack mode she goes nuts and attacks as she is supposed to. When on Heal is where people have the issue. What they aren't seeing is that Venari is healing the ones that need healing. Just because Khora has taken damage doesn't mean she is the one that needs to be healed. If a teammate is hurt more than Khora, they are the one Venari will seek out to assist. And Venari will attack things on the way to doing so. I have summoned her many times and sent her to heal mode and she did exactly what she was supposed to.

Ensnare ... works ... for the enemy you place it on. Yes I am sure Nidus will do it better but if you want to make that argument, Equinox does it worse (sleep) and Harrow does it worse (chains) At least with Ensnare you have the chance of it working on other enemies as a bonus. I don't think of Ensnare being for crowd control. Besides, Nidus's ability only works for the things it can immediately see and anything else coming in range aren't affected at all. Ensnare WILL affect them. In short, Ensnare and Larva are very different. Ensnare lasts a HELL of alot longer than Larva ever could anyway so there's that. People need to stop comparing the two and get over it.

Lastly  is Whipclaw. This is generally similar to a great portion of Warframes first abilities. Examples are Frost's Snowball, Embers Fireball, and Gara's glass whip. There are plenty of others. It COULD use a change to make it stand out but in general it's fine as it is. I will talk a bit more about changes I would make here in a moment.

In conclusion, Khora is actually a pretty good frame as it is. Is it a great frame? Well no it's not. I want her to be a great frame so ... Here goes.

Changes I would make:

Whipclaw stays as the first ability. Use the idea of damage types and make Whipclaw give a 100% chance to give Proc of Slash. puncture, or impact and make it togglable. You can decrease the actual damage it deals because you can mod up Venari to attack something with a slash proc. In other words, You use Whipclaw to give Venari a target to go after. This ties the two abilities together in a way and increases both abilities use.

Ensnare gets one slight change. Increase the damage Whipclaw does to the ensnared target. Maybe something like half current health? But no change to what it currently does in regards to pulling other enemies in.

Venari first of all needs to deal puncture or slash not impact. I mean what is Venari doing? Headbutting enemies? She's a cat not a sledgehammer. Anyway ... Option one, she gets moved to the FOURTH ability, a slightly higher cost and no duration plus extra damage. Venari stays out until she is killed. I mean really. That's not much more to do to it. Option two she stays where she is and ....

Strangledome: Oh boy .... What to do with this. Um ... Okay it's not HORRIBLE but it's far from great. Strangledome feels like a S#&$ty version of Snowglobe. All it does is mimic Ensnare centered on yourself. I mean yeah it can be useful but only really on lower leveled missions can it kill and higher it's only going to stop things for a very short time making it have to be recast over and over for it to be effective. Strangledome feels like an afterthought and it what people are focusing on.

She is the whip weilder. So why not just make it so  ... I dunno ... She can swing her whip around above her head and use it to cut through enemies in a radius giving a 75% or better chance to give the same proc that Whipclaw does with the suggested changes. I would hate to put up the same ability as alot of other warframes but this COULD be a third ability while Venari takes the fourth slot. It just depends on how you want to rework Venari or even if you want to rework her.

To conclude, Khora is not a bad frame or a bad ability set. But she isn't a great frame either. She is Okay. She is very much an Okay frame. Hell, you could leave Whipclaw, Ensnare and Venari as is and just do something different with Strangledome and she would be great. But that ultimate .... Jeeze you could do better. Even if you left it and boosted it's duration more or gave it abilities similar to Snowglobe. Living chains that whip bullets out of the air and drag in enemies and give it hit points. before going down every 20-30 seconds. Just throwing ideas out here.

1 minute ago, CorsiHusky said:

I see that Khora will be getting a few changes. Now I am not the doom and gloom type that says OH MY GERD THIS IS HORRIBLES!!!

What I will say is that Khora could use a bit of a rework. And not that much of one to be honest. So lets start out by mentioning the good points with her.

I disagree that people think Venari is broken. The Kavat is NOT broken from my personal experience. She works just fine. When in attack mode she goes nuts and attacks as she is supposed to. When on Heal is where people have the issue. What they aren't seeing is that Venari is healing the ones that need healing. Just because Khora has taken damage doesn't mean she is the one that needs to be healed. If a teammate is hurt more than Khora, they are the one Venari will seek out to assist. And Venari will attack things on the way to doing so. I have summoned her many times and sent her to heal mode and she did exactly what she was supposed to.

Ensnare ... works ... for the enemy you place it on. Yes I am sure Nidus will do it better but if you want to make that argument, Equinox does it worse (sleep) and Harrow does it worse (chains) At least with Ensnare you have the chance of it working on other enemies as a bonus. I don't think of Ensnare being for crowd control. Besides, Nidus's ability only works for the things it can immediately see and anything else coming in range aren't affected at all. Ensnare WILL affect them. In short, Ensnare and Larva are very different. Ensnare lasts a HELL of alot longer than Larva ever could anyway so there's that. People need to stop comparing the two and get over it.

Lastly  is Whipclaw. This is generally similar to a great portion of Warframes first abilities. Examples are Frost's Snowball, Embers Fireball, and Gara's glass whip. There are plenty of others. It COULD use a change to make it stand out but in general it's fine as it is. I will talk a bit more about changes I would make here in a moment.

In conclusion, Khora is actually a pretty good frame as it is. Is it a great frame? Well no it's not. I want her to be a great frame so ... Here goes.

Changes I would make:

Whipclaw stays as the first ability. Use the idea of damage types and make Whipclaw give a 100% chance to give Proc of Slash. puncture, or impact and make it togglable. You can decrease the actual damage it deals because you can mod up Venari to attack something with a slash proc. In other words, You use Whipclaw to give Venari a target to go after. This ties the two abilities together in a way and increases both abilities use.

Ensnare gets one slight change. Increase the damage Whipclaw does to the ensnared target. Maybe something like half current health? But no change to what it currently does in regards to pulling other enemies in.

Venari first of all needs to deal puncture or slash not impact. I mean what is Venari doing? Headbutting enemies? She's a cat not a sledgehammer. Anyway ... Option one, she gets moved to the FOURTH ability, a slightly higher cost and no duration plus extra damage. Venari stays out until she is killed. I mean really. That's not much more to do to it. Option two she stays where she is and ....

Strangledome: Oh boy .... What to do with this. Um ... Okay it's not HORRIBLE but it's far from great. Strangledome feels like a S#&$ty version of Snowglobe. All it does is mimic Ensnare centered on yourself. I mean yeah it can be useful but only really on lower leveled missions can it kill and higher it's only going to stop things for a very short time making it have to be recast over and over for it to be effective. Strangledome feels like an afterthought and it what people are focusing on.

She is the whip weilder. So why not just make it so  ... I dunno ... She can swing her whip around above her head and use it to cut through enemies in a radius giving a 75% or better chance to give the same proc that Whipclaw does with the suggested changes. I would hate to put up the same ability as alot of other warframes but this COULD be a third ability while Venari takes the fourth slot. It just depends on how you want to rework Venari or even if you want to rework her.

To conclude, Khora is not a bad frame or a bad ability set. But she isn't a great frame either. She is Okay. She is very much an Okay frame. Hell, you could leave Whipclaw, Ensnare and Venari as is and just do something different with Strangledome and she would be great. But that ultimate .... Jeeze you could do better. Even if you left it and boosted it's duration more or gave it abilities similar to Snowglobe. Living chains that whip bullets out of the air and drag in enemies and give it hit points. before going down every 20-30 seconds. Just throwing ideas out here.

Man you started typing that when this topic was first posted? :crylaugh:

https://puu.sh/A9dap/e5f68a2928.jpg

My thoughts after grinding for Khora:

• This is by far one of the worst grinds in the game right now.
  • It takes longer and more effort to obtain her parts than if she was a prime with nothing but gold relic drops.
  • Considering the amount of focus required on a single task, I'd say she's more annoying to get than Vauban Prime.
  • If the next warframe released is as bad as this to obtain, or this isn't changed. I think I'm not going to bother.
  • I'm not going to pay, either.
  • If you're reading this, you probably shouldn't pay either. Don't encourage DE adding this sort of grind again.

Are you guys having a bad fiscal month and need the cash from plat sales to make up for it or something? Please try and remember that buying warframes is supposed to be a luxury option for supporting you guys and not a necessity for us to keep our sanity. This is stepping way too far into pushing people into pay2skip to get to actual content (having a new warframe to play with), and I find it kinda scummy.

That aside, I like the new gamemode. My only complaint aside from the tragic bugs and general balancing (which I'm sure will get dealt with even if I don't complain about it) is it doesn't offer Simaris rep. It seems like a no brainer and a good way to make up for the lack of drops, while providing an alternative route aside from synthesis which isn't everyone's cup of tea.

I feel so scammed by the 725 platinum pack i bought for Khora. It offers nothing for it's value, except a terrible melee weapon. A fun secondary, and a broken warframe. released with a broken game mode :( No accessory pack or skins, like most other expensive pack has.

#FeelsBad #FixThisFrame #FixThisPack #FixThisGameMode

2 minutes ago, Nobody-No-One said:

https://puu.sh/A9dap/e5f68a2928.jpg

My thoughts after grinding for Khora:

• This is by far one of the worst grinds in the game right now.
  • It takes longer and more effort to obtain her parts than if she was a prime with nothing but gold relic drops.
  • Considering the amount of focus required on a single task, I'd say she's more annoying to get than Vauban Prime.
  • If the next warframe released is as bad as this to obtain, or this isn't changed. I think I'm not going to bother.
  • I'm not going to pay, either.
  • If you're reading this, you probably shouldn't pay either. Don't encourage DE adding this sort of grind again.

Are you guys having a bad fiscal month and need the cash from plat sales to make up for it or something? Please try and remember that buying warframes is supposed to be a luxury option for supporting you guys and not a necessity for us to keep our sanity. This is stepping way too far into pushing people into pay2skip to get to actual content (having a new warframe to play with), and I find it kinda scummy.

That aside, I like the new gamemode. My only complaint aside from the tragic bugs and general balancing (which I'm sure will get dealt with even if I don't complain about it) is it doesn't offer Simaris rep. It seems like a no brainer and a good way to make up for the lack of drops, while providing an alternative route aside from synthesis which isn't everyone's cup of tea.

Me and my friend got Khora entirely in the normal onslaught, in 16 waves.

Be happy you didn't spend any money on her! :(

Thanks for the fixes, this is becoming more stable over time.

Some few more issues that are still unresolved:

• Amps XP progress gets reset with every few rotations (each 2 Zones or randomly).
  • Sometimes rotations doesn't give any reward, no idea if this is by design or an actual bug.
  • Rewards aren't the same when you leave a session, especially when the host is lagging too much (For example: Getting 2x Rad Lith S7 will result in 1x Rad Lith S7 + 400 Endo)
  • The very first conduit doesn't show-up, but this does rarely happen.

16 minutes ago, CorsiHusky said:

Changes I would make:

i think that the change to whipclaw should be to basically just make the hitbox more accurate to the actual whip (right side arc or at least increased forward hitbox to match up with the end of the whip's movement) in addition to the change you proposed and also making it stack your combo multiplier like other melee based abilities. 

i also think that ensnare should have an increased duration on enemies that are ensnared but are not the target (preferably full remaining duration but jus any improvement would be good) 

Archived