Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Remove conclave add open pvp already

(PSN)RedjVincent

Ok so there is never a lot of players that actually play conclave it's a waste because we don't have the freedom with pvp only small maps with ridiculous nerfs. To solve the issue with majority of warframe fans including myself allow pvp on any planet at the beginning of the match allow players in the lobby to opt in this way we have free range, being able to fight against friends as well as the regular enemies in a mission would make the experience so much better. For those few that don't care for pvp they have the option. By doing this it'll give the community what they want as well. We have waited a while and all the new content is appreciated! You can be negative to this post but in all reality the community deserves some type of open pvp and no pvp wouldn't be ideal since majority of gamers around the world are competitive some of the world's first games where pvp lol. 

You obviously never tried the old PvP before conclave was introduced. It used the same balance as PvE and  was a mess of who could cheaply oneshot first. Theres a reason for why they added conclave and that is that you simply cannot use the same kind of gameplay used in PvE in PvP because theres no real way of balancing it.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)RedjVincent said:

To solve the issue with majority of warframe fans including myself allow pvp on any planet at the beginning of the match allow players in the lobby to opt in this way we have free range, being able to fight against friends as well as the regular enemies in a mission would make the experience so much better.

This is a terrible idea.

The option should be in the options menu. Having it at the mission start would cause issues. Perhaps automatically disable it for sorties and stuff like that. 

28 minutes ago, (PS4)RedjVincent said:

Ok so there is never a lot of players that actually play conclave it's a waste because we don't have the freedom with pvp only small maps with ridiculous nerfs. To solve the issue with majority of warframe fans including myself allow pvp on any planet at the beginning of the match allow players in the lobby to opt in this way we have free range, being able to fight against friends as well as the regular enemies in a mission would make the experience so much better. For those few that don't care for pvp they have the option. By doing this it'll give the community what they want as well. We have waited a while and all the new content is appreciated! You can be negative to this post but in all reality the community deserves some type of open pvp and no pvp wouldn't be ideal since majority of gamers around the world are competitive some of the world's first games where pvp lol. 

Please get out. we won't miss you. Honest. 

No need to hang.

please, seek help. staph it.

This is a very bad idea...let’s picture something like this (I assume the normal PVE mods would still work tell me if one wrong) any dps frame would destroy all other players...think about the new players that would join into that...they would be destroyed and wouldn’t know what to do about it. For that reason this idea is horrible. What they need to do is remove conclave like they did with dark sectors and the trials and rework it altogether

2 issues

1. OP One hit weapons

in conclave the issue is one hit bows like the daikyu  BOW its practically a long range shot gun.

alls players with a one hit bow  has to do is keep jumping around be practically impossible to hit with melee or rifle.

all they need is a OP BOW and jump around

might as well get a daikyu bow  so you can one hit ppl from long range than bother trying to kill them with a right which will take 30 ammo's to kill.

2. OP warframe abilities Over powered 

Oberon 4th ability  Gravity ball that the trapped player cant even escape kills in one hit

valkys talons melee monster the damage its deals and speed is greater than any melee wep

rhino skin fuse with high shield mod your practically indivisible. - players use this with daikyu bow they are walking OP Cheats

How to Fix it

Create a Sep game mode called ordinary mode 

were weapons like snipers can be practical and actual shooting between players not jumping around and one hitting every one with a OP bow

and OP war frame abilities.

Pvp Conclave Ordinary Mode no Super Ninja anymore

Can there be a separate game in Conclave mode were its more of a traditional type 3rd person shooter i.e splinter cell,assassins creed,metal gear,Division.

its becomes really melee hit and run at times in conclave 

A game mode were there rolls distance are reduced and jump are shortened.

The overall speed are reduced to normal human

were we can wall hug and shoot

Do leaping stealth kills from pillars.

Climb vents and hang off ledges

Hide in the Shadows for stealth Cover etc.

And do Melee one hit kills from the back etc.

*can the red highlight of the player and enemy unit be removed in this mode

as this will ruin the players cover when hiding.

*War frame Abilities are nullified except for invisibility.

Weps and mechs

- And new/different maps which have vents,ceiling,pipes grab onto and hang off and boxes crates to hide behind to cover fire.

Dark shadowy zones on maps for players to use to hide conceal them selves

-If a player does not equip silencer their position will appear on the map when they shooting

- a melee stealth kill from behind is silent their position will not appear on map.

-New Grenades like flash bang,smoke,incendiary, frag,pulse grenade,homing grenade,

poison grenade that poison

ice grenade which slows movement speed

flame grenade that burns

these come out from your companion like dethcube.

Melee weps

a katana , long sword, heavy sword ,pole arm,scythes

all have their respective animation kill

Yea not liking any of these ideas. At all. None of them fit with the game. The point of Warframes is to be overpowered, with powers. Grenades instead of abilities are like eating roadkill compared to a fine 3 course steak dinner from a 5 star restaurant. I'm of the stance that frankly DE never should have added PvP to their game at all.

40 minutes ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Warframe itself revolves around being a super ninja, i don't see why you want pvp to become splinter cell or the division when those games are still there for you to play.

it will be a separate game mode of conclave.  cuz the current conclave is too unstable 

so sniper riles could finally be useful

no more advantage by Warframe abilities

no more melee hit and runs i.e lacera

no more advantage like one hit bow  then jumping around like a manic to avoid gun fire. its a 3rd person shooter were shooting is key not melee/one hit bows game.

by taking away the crazy movement speed,rolls,and jumps they will have to actually have a gun fight not melee or daikyu bow and then run.

Edited by (PS4)lokaspoka

35 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Yea not liking any of these ideas. At all. None of them fit with the game. The point of Warframes is to be overpowered, with powers. Grenades instead of abilities are like eating roadkill compared to a fine 3 course steak dinner from a 5 star restaurant. I'm of the stance that frankly DE never should have added PvP to their game at all.

We have all that for PVE already in PVP games like Destiny they rework many things in their PVP to make it balanced i.e damage reduction,bullet drop at distance,bullet range or increase damage,or reduce ability range and durations

so every weapon has something to offer and one weapon is not favoured over the roster. 

Edited by (PS4)lokaspoka

43 minutes ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

it will be a separate game mode of conclave. 

Your description is an entirely new game with mechanics that don't exist even in pve; just look at the stealth mechanics you're naming in your second post in this thread (which is a pain to read in dark theme, so pressing the button "paste as plain text instead" after pasting from anywhere else would be much appreciated)

cuz the current conclave is too unstable 

Could you elaborate? It looks to me that "unstable" may not have been the word you're looking for.

so sniper riles could finally be useful

Snipers are already on a too good spot since these offer high damage with high fire rate, being limited mainly by a smallish mag size and a kind of slow reload that can't be bypassed by reload while holstered mods since these aren't enabled for snipers.

no more advantage by Warframe abilities

You basically want to add mechanics ftom other games AND remove those already available in warframe from its own pvp. 

its a 3rd person shooter were shooting is key not melee/one hit bows game.

It's a 3rd person shooter with bows and melee, as such, we have to learn how to be effective against players using them just like we have to be versatile and make use of all of our available gear against them.

by taking away the crazy movement speed,rolls,and jumps they will have to actually have a gun fight not melee or daikyu bow and then run.

By taking away the movement you're also removing one of warframe's main selling points from it's own pvp and turning it into just another generic tactical shooter of which I'm sure there are a lot of choices out there. Let warframe's pvp be like, you know, warframe.

On 24/04/2018 at 6:13 AM, Stormdragon said:

Your description is an entirely new game with mechanics that don't exist even in PVE; just look at the stealth mechanics you're naming in your second post in this thread 

because The way the conclave is  the way it is is Empty all the great things your thinking about currently is not real

conclave is dead why people say "remove conclave"or "it should have never been in war frame" - you got to look at my people hate conclave so much

i am in typhoon level with conclave i saw how Weapons like Daikyu are chosen over other bows or rhino,valkyr,obern used primarily for their OP things.

since the current conclave is unbalanced and flawed i suggested ways by editing the current conclave and also adding new type of conclave.

while it keeps original but also makes a new mode were other 3d person veterans can be familiar with, called good marketing

Edited by (PS4)lokaspoka

1 minute ago, (PS4)lokaspoka said:

because The way the conclave is  the way it is is Empty. All the great things you're thinking about currently are not real.

conclave is dead why people say "remove conclave"or "it should have never been in war frame" - you got to look at my people hate conclave so much

I can consistently play conclave whenever I want, i wouldn't call that "empty", let alone wishful thinking or unreal.

i am in typhoon level with conclave i saw how Weapons like Daikyu are chosen over other bows or rhino,valkyr,obern used primarily for their OP things.

I'm not sure what does your syndicate rank to do here since it doesn't reflect experience, let alone skill.

since the current conclave is unbalanced and flawed i suggested ways by editing the current conclave and also adding new type of conclave. 

while it keeps original but also makes a new mode were other 3d person veterans can be familiar with,

I won't deny that conclave has some flaws, even then it's still quite balanced despite the huge amount of weapons and outliers are eventually put in line with the rest of the gear.

Said that, I'm pretty sure that warframe players are usually familiar with warframe's mechanics (the PvE side failing to make full use of them is an entirely different issue) since we didn't come to warframe expecting to play a carbon copy of other 3rd person games like assassin's creed, splinter cell, metal gear, whatever. Let warframe pvp stay like warframe instead of trying to turn it into an entirely different game.

On 25/04/2018 at 9:09 PM, Stormdragon said:

Let warframe pvp stay like warframe instead of trying to turn it into an entirely different game.

loyalist who love war frame and its flaws will keep conclave from improving

those entirely new games have more love from people for their pvp than warframes pvp

its better sto be omething already there, games developed by 20 30 year franchise than try to be unique and fail.

seeing how ppl are making constant treads on PVP its not too soon that frame fighter will replace the conclave altogether. 

The PVP team really needs to consider PVP modes that are more interesting to PVE players and would have them try conclave...just sticking to the traditional death match game modes and the latest Battle Royale fad isn't going to entice the larger PVE community to have a change of heart on joining in...I normally don't like PVP but I did enjoy Jets Vs Motorcycles in GTAV and the Special Infected matches in Left4Dead...Warframe's Conclave really needs to lighten up and experiment a little outside usual checked boxes.

• 1 month later...
On 2018-04-23 at 4:34 PM, racooperii said:

There's plenty of games with open PvP already, if thats what you're after you should play one of them. Warframe is PvE centric and should remain that way so thats a Hard No for me.

>There's plenty of games with open PvP already

While I do think this concept applied to Warframe is stupid, I think your line of thinking is worse. It's like saying that there are plenty of sports with balls already so lets take the ball out of soccer.

On 2018-04-27 at 1:13 PM, (PS4)FriendSharkey said:

Warframe's Conclave really needs to lighten up and experiment a little outside usual checked boxes.

DE would also need to make Conclave and further PvP experiences more casual.  Right now weapons in Conclave require so much accuracy and defense requires so much movement.  Even if it's a weapon with aim forgiveness like the Arca Plasmor it is barely useful due to its low damage and low fire rate.  In order to draw in the masses, even the PvP masses, DE would have to cater to them and not a niche style of players.

Edited by Nighttide77

5 hours ago, Nighttide77 said:

Right now weapons in Conclave require so much accuracy and defense requires so much movement.

So you're saying aiming is hard and moving is exhausting?

If it's hard for you, surely in your perfect world it's hard for the other person. Hence if you require "so much movement" then surely the person against you might be better at "so much accuracy". If that is the case, why is other person being better a problem? Surely there are other better ways to attract other people at a different skill level.

I'm talking about skill gap separation. No matter what you tweak about "so much accuracy" and "so much movement" there will always be a better player. Players more dedicated. Assuming there is no skill gap separation.

What we need is MMR/Skill gap separation system. So players who are better with "so much accuracy" and "so much movement" will play against other who are just as good. Same for lower skill level players. 

And this system will not work until we have more players playing, now how do we bring more players before adding MMR system to make the system worth implementing? By solving other issues or adding more features like:

1. Lower entry requirement for new players (Don't need to grind PVE to get gear and ROI setup, system too big to talk about, deserves a separate post. But basically making it easier for PVP only players to get in the action and making a ROI system which makes it independent from PVE (separated costs and revenue sort of?), and worth it for DE to work on. )

2. Bug fixing and proper weapon balance.

3. Addition of server browser. This will increase active players over time. As most people complain PVP is "empty" most of the time. With this server browser, they'll be able to select and play in servers that may be in different regions but have active session. As players over time increase, so will the dedicated servers, accelerating growth of the game mode (assuming other issues are solved/checked).
4. Weekly rotation of PVP variants
5. And much more (can't remember everything that's been discussed)

Edited by Triplinster