Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

All Primes Having Some Unique Perk?

(PSN)LoisGordils

Hi, guys! :]

So, some of our gilded beauties, the Prime weapons have a special trait. From the Cernos' Prime unique firing mechanic, to the Kogake Prime's game breaking 5% movement speed passive (drowns in sarcasm).

I feel as if giving Prime weapons passive skills would make them stand out even more as the "legendary weapons" of Warframes. So, I propose some tweaks that will most likely be rejected by everybody here haha! Some of them may seem silly, so I encourage your feedback :]

Also, forgive me if I forget any!

《Rifles》:

Braton Prime: Chance to increase fire rate and status upon reloading the weapon.

Burston Prime: Critical hits on enemies afflicted with a status effect gain additional critical damage

Sybaris Prime: Last three bursts deal double the damage, but reduced status (kinda like you debilitate the enemy with a flurry of status procs on the first attacks, then finish it off with empowered final bursts)

Boltor Prime: Innate 4m punchthrough

Tiberon Prime: Already has its unique alt-fire mode

Vectis Prime: Headshot kills refund your last shot.

Latron Prime: Status effects increase headshot multiplier

Soma Prime: Gains punch through upon a fool spool, ammo pick ups grant more ammo (Idea not mine, saw that a fellow Tenno posted it and I loved it)

《Bows》

Paris Prime: Notice how this beauty looks like a shield? Reduced frontal  damage while aiming! 

Cernos Prime: Already has one

《Shotguns》

Boar Prime: Impact procs from this shotgun have a chance of knocking off enemy weapons (they can still retrieve it)

Tigris Prime: Ehhhh... it's very good as is anyways. Bleed effects last longer...?

《Secondaries》

Lex/AkLex Prime: Bonus damage the further away the enemy is (compensation for skillful shooting at long ranges)

AkBolto Prime: Alt-fire detonates (3m range) any javelins stuck on the enemy. Dealing damage based on your modded damage (notice how, when you shoot an enemy and survives, the bolts stay embedded in the enemy? Make them pop before they dissappear).

AkStiletto Prime: Accuracy and recoil buff upon landing a headshot (lasts 1.5 seconds and can be refreshed)

Bronco/AkBronco Prime: Reload speed buff upon kill

Ballistica Prime: Already has one 

Vasto/AkVasto Prime (if it ever releases xD): Headshot kills grant the "High Noon" buff that temporarily increases critical chance and reduces recoil.

Euphona Prime: Being Banshee's gun, the accurate, high pitched Primary fire is silent.

Hikou Prime: Homing capabilities to the enemy last targeted by your reticle

Lato Prime: I don't want to stir the salt xD

Sicarus Prime: Alt-fire converts the three round burst into a single shot with reduced status chance

Spira Prime: Punches through enemies,  bonus headshot damage

《Melee》

Ankyros Prime: Innate Shattering Impact

Bo Prime: Charge Attacks disarms enemies 

Dakra Prime: Channeled kills boost critical damage and speed

Dual Kamas Prime: Aerial attacks deal critical Slash procs

Fang Prime: Status chance and range ramp up with combo multiplier

Fragor Prime: Slam attacks have a 10m AoE burst that deals damage based on affected enemies

Galatine Prime: Charge attacks increase range by 2m for five seconds

Glaive Prime: Already has a passive

Kogake Prime: Four pieces of metal, one on each limb boosting speed? Nah, immunity to knockdown and stagger (while equipped of course)

Kronen Prime: Channeling doubles the Kronen's range. Any attack while in mid air is a guaranteed orange crit. Being Zephyr Prime's weapon, I figured an aerial passive was fitting 

Nami Skyla Prime: Kills grant additional loot (like a pirate hunting for treasure)

Nikana Prime: Lethal damage on finishers

Orthos Prime: Gains additional critical damage and critical chance the more you channel attack, but reduces speed and status. Kinda weak, I guess

Reaper Prime: Channeling grants the Reaper Prime guaranted Slash effects 

Scindo Prime: Notice how the Scindo Prime is an "ancient executioner's weapon"? Charge attacks "execute" enemies (prompt Finishers). OR kills grant the Bloodlust buff which increases damage, critical chance and damage, but reduce status and speed (slightly)

Silva & Aegis Prime: Bonus critical damage against ignited enemies

Venka Prime: Already has one 

Skana Prime: Overall buff to stats, Founders deserve it

Please leave constructive criticism :)

Edited by (PS4)LoisGordils
  • Like 2

I love this! I also think Primes need a little bit more love (but not a crazy amount). Most of these are very creative, very well done.

What's the Glaive Prime's passive? I'm not aware of any. The wiki says it flies faster and farther than vanilla, but that sounds more like a stat increase than a gimmick.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

I love this! I also think Primes need a little bit more love (but not a crazy amount). Most of these are very creative, very well done.

What's the Glaive Prime's passive? I'm not aware of any. The wiki says it flies faster and farther than vanilla, but that sounds more like a stat increase than a gimmick.

Thank you, Gray! :]

The Glaive Prime has a guaranteed Impact and Slash proc on thrown attacks :]

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (XB1)BigLithuanian said:

This is great!! I loved what DE with Tiberon prime and its alt fire modes and I'm hoping they continue to do things like this with new prime weapons and perhaps even revisit old ones to give them unique abilities like those you suggested.

Me too! :D

It'd be nice to see them go back to some of the older primes without unique effects and give them a little something here and there, maybe not now given how...interesting... the past couple days have been but once we're in a better way with some down time seeing a devstream about this kind of thing would be awesome (especially if the community gets to give their 2 cents).

-Edit- Just had to go back and look at my vasto prime again to make absolute sure. Not too sure about the recoil reduction given it doesn't have too much to begin with, any more reduction and it'd literally have no recoil, shooting all 6 shots maybe moves it a fraction of an inch as it currently is. Innate crit buff would be pretty nice though. Maybe the recoil reduction would be more handy on the akvasto prime?(if it ever happens)

Edited by Wes8670

5 minutes ago, Wes8670 said:

It'd be nice to see them go back to some of the older primes without unique effects and give them a little something here and there, maybe not now given how...interesting... the past couple days have been but once we're in a better way with some down time seeing a devstream about this kind of thing would be awesome (especially if the community gets to give their 2 cents).

Yes let's hope when this whole mess is over so we can possibly get this idea out there. Here's hoping the PCs problems get solved soon so everyone can move on.

Edited by (XB1)BigLithuanian

I agree, increased stats is way too plain. It's not interesting. Some weapon behavior will never be as good as a certain meta weapon even if they buff it stat. Adding unique perk would make it more interesting and encourage people to use the weapon type. Especially the melee, why use fist/tonfas when you can use the long range polearms or whips.

I really like this idea as a way to further differentiate a prime from its non-prime variant without just having statistical bonuses.

Like, don't get me wrong, I like the stat bonuses.
But this would also make them more fun to use as well, and I will always approve of more fun. :laugh:

+1

On 4/23/2018 at 4:13 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Soma Prime: Gains punch through upon a fool spool, ammo pick ups grant more ammo (Idea not mine, saw that a fellow Tenno posted it and I loved it)

Hi

More seriously, I think Scindo Prime should have something finisher related (as it's literally described as an executioner's weapon and whatnot).

As for Tigris, what about an alt-fire that consumes both barrels to do 3x the pellets of a normal shot in a ridiculously wide spread (Read: Doom super shotgun)

Edited by Serialkillerwhale

38 minutes ago, Serialkillerwhale said:

Hi

More seriously, I think Scindo Prime should have something finisher related (as it's literally described as an executioner's weapon and whatnot).

As for Tigris, what about an alt-fire that consumes both barrels to do 3x the pellets of a normal shot in a ridiculously wide spread (Read: Doom super shotgun)

Scindo Prime: Charge attacks execute enemies (prompt finishers)?

31 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Silva and aegis already gives an increased Crit chance for blocking damage.

other than that Love this idea

But that's a trait shared by the base Silva & Aegis too :[

On 4/23/2018 at 6:13 PM, (PS4)LoisGordils said:

Nami Skyla Prime: Kills grant additional loot (like a pirate hunting for treasure)

Even though i  love this idea...  Dont think DE would like it maybe would be abused like Secura Lecta's passive

Other than that i like the suggestion

Edited by Huanthus

• 3 years later...
On 2018-04-24 at 1:13 AM, (PSN)LoisGordils said:

Hi, guys! :]

So, some of our gilded beauties, the Prime weapons have a special trait. From the Cernos' Prime unique firing mechanic, to the Kogake Prime's game breaking 5% movement speed passive (drowns in sarcasm).

I feel as if giving Prime weapons passive skills would make them stand out even more as the "legendary weapons" of Warframes. So, I propose some tweaks that will most likely be rejected by everybody here haha! Some of them may seem silly, so I encourage your feedback :]

Also, forgive me if I forget any!

《Rifles》:

Braton Prime: Chance to increase fire rate and status upon reloading the weapon.

Burston Prime: Critical hits on enemies afflicted with a status effect gain additional critical damage

Sybaris Prime: Last three bursts deal double the damage, but reduced status (kinda like you debilitate the enemy with a flurry of status procs on the first attacks, then finish it off with empowered final bursts)

Boltor Prime: Innate 4m punchthrough

Tiberon Prime: Already has its unique alt-fire mode

Vectis Prime: Headshot kills refund your last shot.

Latron Prime: Status effects increase headshot multiplier

《Bows》

Paris Prime: Notice how this beauty looks like a shield? Reduced frontal  damage while aiming! 

Cernos Prime: Already has one

《Shotguns》

Boar Prime: Impact procs from this shotgun have a chance of knocking off enemy weapons (they can still retrieve it)

Tigris Prime: Ehhhh... it's very good as is anyways. Bleed effects last longer...?

《Secondaries》

Lex/AkLex Prime: Bonus damage the further away the enemy is (compensation for skillful shooting at long ranges)

AkBolto Prime: Alt-fire detonates (3m range) any javelins stuck on the enemy. Dealing damage based on your modded damage (notice how, when you shoot an enemy and survives, the bolts stay embedded in the enemy? Make them pop before they dissappear).

AkStiletto Prime: Accuracy and recoil buff upon landing a headshot (lasts 1.5 seconds and can be refreshed)

Bronco/AkBronco Prime: Reload speed buff upon kill

Ballistica Prime: Already has one 

Vasto/AkVasto Prime (if it ever releases xD): Headshot kills grant the "High Noon" buff that temporarily increases critical chance and reduces recoil.

Euphona Prime: Being Banshee's gun, the accurate, high pitched Primary fire is silent.

Hikou Prime: Homing capabilities to the enemy last targeted by your reticle

Lato Prime: I don't want to stir the salt xD

Sicarus Prime: Alt-fire converts the three round burst into a single shot with reduced status chance

Spira Prime: Punches through enemies,  bonus headshot damage

《Melee》

Ankyros Prime: Innate Shattering Impact

Bo Prime: Charge Attacks disarms enemies 

Dakra Prime: Channeled kills boost critical damage and speed

Dual Kamas Prime: Aerial attacks deal critical Slash procs

Fang Prime: Status chance and range ramp up with combo multiplier

Fragor Prime: Slam attacks have a 10m AoE burst that deals damage based on affected enemies

Galatine Prime: Charge attacks increase range by 2m for five seconds

Glaive Prime: Already has a passive

Kogake Prime: Four pieces of metal, one on each limb boosting speed? Nah, immunity to knockdown and stagger (while equipped of course)

Kronen Prime: Channeling doubles the Kronen's range. Any attack while in mid air is a guaranteed orange crit. Being Zephyr Prime's weapon, I figured an aerial passive was fitting 

Nikana Prime: Lethal damage on finishers

Orthos Prime: Gains additional critical damage and critical chance the more you channel attack, but reduces speed and status. Kinda weak, I guess

Reaper Prime: Channeling grants the Reaper Prime guaranted Slash effects 

Scindo Prime: Notice how the Scindo Prime is an "ancient executioner's weapon"? Charge attacks "execute" enemies (prompt Finishers). OR kills grant the Bloodlust buff which increases damage, critical chance and damage, but reduce status and speed (slightly)

Silva & Aegis Prime: Bonus critical damage against ignited enemies

Venka Prime: Already has one 

Skana Prime: Overall buff to stats, Founders deserve it

Please leave constructive criticism :)

I'm kinda running low on plat, yet id love to buy/trade a prime weapon with it, what prime weapon would you say has the most fun/interesting perk for its price?

On 2021-08-07 at 5:15 AM, (XBOX)Maxvoltage666 said:

I'm kinda running low on plat, yet id love to buy/trade a prime weapon with it, what prime weapon would you say has the most fun/interesting perk for its price?

Why would you evoke the powers of necromancy on such a dated, irrelevant topic.... especially with such a random response... 

• Like 2

Lato Prime: They finally release AkLato Prime for everyone, cause even us gms want it already and don't mind the not legally bound up weapon being released. Seriously, I'm sure I'm not the only one that wouldn't feel like releasing the dual guns to everyone would be ripping off the founders single gun.