[DE]Rebecca

Khora's Planned Changes

43 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Whipclaw

• Whipclaw will apply to and benefit from the combo counter.
  • All enemies caught in the Strangledome will take half of Whipclaw’s attack damage when one enemy in the Strangledome is hit with Whipclaw.
  • Hitting an Ensnared enemy with Whipclaw will cause the living metal to propagate.

''Whipclaw is miles better than Iron Jab'' DeMonkey says. ''So how do we fix this'' DE thinks...

We Buff Whipclaw of course!

:sad:

Looking forward to the changes.

Edited by DeMonkey
Formatting.
  • Like 20
  • Haha 11
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 8

Nice! Khora deserves some much needed buffs. Hopefully she gets more use than Gara does :(

Edited by --Q--Voltage
  • Like 2
  • Woah 2
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Venari
  • Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive.
    • Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability overrides Venari’s target and changes her battle posture at an energy cost.
    • Kavat mods like Animal Instinct have been fixed so they will work properly on Venari.
    • Venari deals slash damage to enemies instead of impact damage.

Are we going to be able to revive her?

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 8

3 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Kavat mods like Animal Instinct have been fixed so they will work properly on Venari.

Well, I already used Forma to change it to a Madurai. So, great...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Woah 2
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 3

If Venari is passive, highly recommend giving her a bleedout state like normal pets.

Edit: Food for thought, while Venari is dead, you go from having four abilities to three. (Under this proposal)

Edited by Cray
  • Like 22
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 20

1 minute ago, DeMonkey said:

Whipclaw is already better than Iron Jab DeMonkey says, so how do we fix this...

We Buff Whipclaw of course!

:sad:

Looking forward to the changes.

I felt this exactly when I saw these changes, how can Wukong go unchanged when this ability will scale superbly now. RIP Monkey King, your form in Smite fares far better.

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 2

Whipclaw was already a damn good ability (debatably her only useful one) and it was just made better. The Venari passive, changes to Ensnare & QOL to Strangle-do-me are very welcome. Shaping up nicely. Thanks for the heads up, Reb.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Woah 2

1 minute ago, Phatose said:

Any changes to her acquisition?

Her acquisition is pretty easy to be honest. Required the smallest amount of patience. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Woah 4
  • Upvote 2

Just now, DaftMeat said:

Well, I already used Forma to change it to a Madurai. So, great...

5a8ca1a442414_beta.gif.8883b309c1fae7924

• Like 15
  • Haha 8
  • Satisfied 2
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

so far this sounds fantastic, the strangledome plans have me intrigued because its a pretty unimpressive power, my two cents are it acts SIMILAR to frosts globe, but instead of being outright blocking all gunfire it only does it when it has a live enemy on the hook, that enemy taking the damage instead, that way it has its own unique mechanic thats really useful for a combo CC and protection without being rediculously overpowered

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

So once Venari dies there's no other way to revive her except we die with her and Revive? Hope she goes into bleedout first.

Also, pls bring exalted whip back ;-; make it so charge attack or ground slam while using exalted whip will spawn the strangledome.

Edited by LogaMC1995
  • Like 13
  • Applause 2
  • Upvote 17

1 minute ago, Darkvramp said:

Are we going to be able to revive her?

It literally says right there "When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive."

• Haha 2

Thank you for the official response! No one in this industry is as communicative as you guys :)

Back on topic, these changes do sound good but I do have a few thoughts. Whipclaw benefiting from the combo counter would help it scale much better. Do you think it could get some kind of Atlas Landslide-esque combo where you can spam the button for quicker attacks?

Will Ensnare still expire on enemy death? That's probably the most major problem with it. It'd be nice if it was given the Mag Magnetize treatment where it can still exist when the target dies.

I don't fully understand the Venari revive comment. Does that mean you have to die in order to have her out again? Being able to override her behaviour sounds like the right direction though.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Diarmut said:

I felt this exactly when I saw these changes, how can Wukong go unchanged when this ability will scale superbly now. RIP Monkey King, your form in Smite fares far better.

wukong will get reworked when wukong prime comes up to bat, like zephyr did and many many others, he needs a rather signifigant looking at

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1