Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora's Planned Changes

[DE]Rebecca

I play console, so my feedback is very limited, but I would like to see "exalted whip" make a comeback. Maybe by charging Whipclaw it could unleash several wips/attacks in a fast combo.

Also, I like that we can "control" Venari but I would much prefer to see that implemented in ALL Companions and Specters. For Venari itself I would like it to be bigger than other Kavats (to make him stand out) and have Khora ride him in her 3th ability: Attack speed, movement, and damage would get a buff during this time.

1 hour ago, (PS4)leonidasx666 said:

I play console, so my feedback is very limited, but I would like to see "exalted whip" make a comeback. Maybe by charging Whipclaw it could unleash several wips/attacks in a fast combo.

Also, I like that we can "control" Venari but I would much prefer to see that implemented in ALL Companions and Specters. For Venari itself I would like it to be bigger than other Kavats (to make him stand out) and have Khora ride him in her 3th ability: Attack speed, movement, and damage would get a buff during this time.

Now that would be a good compromise on the exalted whip thing -- DE has said, as I understand, that they don't want another exalted weapon in the game (personally, I agree with that, and the thought of an exalted whip was boring to me, but I'm just one person). Doing a charge mechanic (something they did for Ember) to do a flurry of whip attacks would be pretty damn cool. 

One thought I had (on the exalted weapon) thing is that Venari should be the exalted weapon for Khora. Fire the 4th power and Khora feeds her energy into Venari -- who in turn goes bonkers on the enemy, just slashing and biting everything wherever Khora is looking. 

Didn't read past page 7 (and skimmed most of 7) (27 pages here)... I don't envy the people tasked with gathering this feedback...

From what I read, and simply from looking at the kit, and knowing how pets work, Venari doesn't seem to be a prominent part of the play experience, except when going to revive the pet... making the interaction with the pet more of a chore than a boon, even if the pet is off doing good things for you... that you never know about...

I'd make Venari a much stronger part of the experience. This means making it a constant part of your tactics, not a set and forget to have an AI companion out doing whatever it wants with very minimal control (even with its upgraded categorical AI, which is better than normal pets.)

------

My suggestions:

Whipclaw - Your changes + With Venari in attack mode, Venari attacks the enemies you hit with an Area of Effect spinning multi-tail slash.

Ensnare - Your changes + Killing an ensnared enemy will "constrict" the wire ensnaring the other enemies - constricted wire will crack enemy armor and cause slash bleeding damage + With Venari in defense mode, Venari attacks the nearest ensnared enemy and then pulls a trail of the capture wire to ensnare any enemy it attacks, stopping its attack once the enemy is ensnared to move on to another target.

Venari - Your changes + upon death and failure to stop bleedout, allow re-summoning for an energy cost (replaces the toggle options when Venari is down)

Strangledome - Your changes + Venari in any mode, will rush to the Strangledome and attack any enemy trapped by it, leaping from one to another in bullet-jump-style lunges.

• While Venari is in attack mode, Venari's attacks in the Strangledome will spread damage to all enemies captured in the dome.
  • While Venari is in defense mode, Venari's attacks in the Strangledome will each cause the Strangledome to attempt to reach out and grab enemies at a further distance.
  • While Venari is in healing mode, Venari's attacks in the Strangledome will heal allies within the dome for a fraction of the damage Venari inflicts on the enemies.

If there is more than one Strangledome, if one has no enemies trapped within it, and the other does, Venari can warp from Strangledome to Strangledome, to keep up the assault.

------

Since all the ability slots are used up, I don't know how this would be accomplished, but I think Khora would benefit from a "Leash/Unleash" command somehow, that toggles the distance Venari will travel from Khora.

Il y a 1 heure, eastman51 a dit :

Exalted Whip please. :)

Again, and again, and again, DE already stated that the will never be an Exalted Whip. If you want Exalted weapons, try Excalibur, Valkyr and Wukong for melee, Mesa for pistols, Ivara for Bow or Titania for Archwing.

1 minute ago, Ijaa-Aden said:

Again, and again, and again, DE already stated that the will never be an Exalted Whip. If you want Exalted weapons, try Excalibur, Valkyr and Wukong for melee, Mesa for pistols, Ivara for Bow or Titania for Archwing.

but we don't have an exalted whip, scythe, tonfa, assault rifle or shotgun yet, why would they not take the next step with the whip?

il y a 2 minutes, shinkido a dit :

but we don't have an exalted whip, scythe, tonfa, assault rifle or shotgun yet, why would they not take the next step with the whip?

We have enough Exalted weapons. Exalted are "Press 4, kill everything", definitely not as fun as seeing enemies strangled in a chains dome.

Just now, Ijaa-Aden said:

We have enough Exalted weapons. Exalted are "Press 4, kill everything", definitely not as fun as seeing enemies strangled in a chains dome.

while i was joking about my exalted list (which is why exalted shotgun and ar were there) and while i do like the strangledome. the novelty of letting enemies hang around is something i can easily see wearing off faster then say slaughtering your foe with a whip of energy would. since you have abit more imput byond simply pressing the 4 butten once to just suddenly have a very limited ammount of enemies traped while the rest press threw the dome unimpeeded. if its full.

if you have it with exalted whip, press 4 is more active  wether you cancel it quickly or let it drain to 0 it seems more fun to kill things with a frames built in weapons. ergo excal, val, mesa, titania, wukong. and such.. which are all more interactive then a hydroid snowglobe that is strangledome. 

yes i actually do want the whip but i am also fine with strangle dome. but only fine in a "settle with this and just wish i had the whip" kind of way

My biggest problem lies in the fact that Venari being a passive that can die means Khora is literally a frame with 3 abilities. And one ability that becomes 100% useless once venari inevitably dies in endgame missions that have now been buffed to be actually difficult. 

Just make stangledome her 3 and only let one out at a time. Venari can be her ACTUAL passive and maintain the ability to die. While her 4 can be the exalted whip that the community at large is pleading for. 

These changes look good so far, the only thing that jumps out to me is the proposed changes to Venari while giving us the opportunity to revive her like a regular kavat or kubrow is fine, I think the better change would be if she had a 60-90 second cooldown in which Venari retreats into a metal cocoon and after the 60-90 seconds expire she comes back out ready to fight along side us

So, making Venari another pet, you should remove ability from the system. If it dies, and needs respawn, or better, our own respawn, why not make all pets in game treated like that? You know, Atlas, etc? Really DE, try harder.

1 hour ago, Primarina said:

My biggest problem lies in the fact that Venari being a passive that can die means Khora is literally a frame with 3 abilities. And one ability that becomes 100% useless once venari inevitably dies in endgame missions that have now been buffed to be actually difficult. 

Just make stangledome her 3 and only let one out at a time. Venari can be her ACTUAL passive and maintain the ability to die. While her 4 can be the exalted whip that the community at large is pleading for. 

I vote more for her passive being better, and making the 3rd ability rez the cat for an energy cost.

2 hours ago, Ijaa-Aden said:

If they had the resources to rig and build controls to be Venari (e.g., spend energy to essentially transference into the kavat), that would be an amazing "Exalted Weapon" alternative for Khora. It might be a bit too similar to Valkyr's 4, though (ripping up the enemy with tooth and claw, that is). 

Alright, so some more clarification from Devstream 110: 3rd ability can be used on a target to get Venari's posture special effect refreshed (off cooldown) and direct Venari to that target. Hopefully this means Protect is improved to not miss on moving targets, and Heal makes Venari keep following a selected player (and auto-seek like now if no target).

Sounds good. But as said and assumed by most, this ability probably won't work without Venari being alive. I'm not looking forward to wasting revives on a pet that drops in seconds during my high level runs, nor is it ever fun having to keep reviving it even if it has a bleedout timer of 1 minute+. This is a key issue with companions in general, and hopefully Pets 2.0 will address this, but meanwhile, don't slap it on Venari just for consistency's sake... not when it has the potential to lock out 1/4 of Khora's kit for the rest of a mission.

I am not asking for her to be immortal, I'm asking for her to not get in the way of a fun experience with Khora since reviving her constantly slows the player down. By being able to quickly return to the fight for an energy cost using the 3rd ability (whether bleeding out or dead), while given the option to manually revive her via action key or spending a revive, Venari can be an integral part of Khora's kit that takes the best qualities of being both an ability and a companion.

Edit: Also Reb had godmode on during her run on Mot, you can clearly see Venari's HP jumping back to max (even if she wasn't meleeing with Pack Leader). The amount of times that happened in regular play would mean Venari would already be bleeding out just as many times. Venari might need more than Link Armor/Health and other survivability mods to make her last longer, I'd suggest invisibility, damage reduction, invulnerability states, evasion, passive stuff that improves her endurance.

I realy, realy suggest a couple of things:

Make her habs like:

1. Ensnare:
    Ensnare affects multiple enemies. When kill an enemy is ensnared, propagate and pull in every enemy within range, limited by duration and affected by range mods.
  2. Venari:
    Tap to change mode, when die, hold to revive (at higer energy cost). 
  3. Strangledome:
    This hab is worse than Frost's 3 so i realy dont understand why is her 4
  4. Exhalted whip:
    She its suposed for make reference to spiders, an exhalted whip its the most logic ultimate for she, 

1 minute ago, CoffeeEyes17 said:

so is this coming today or was that scrapped? i dont think they mentioned anything on the devstream about it

Should be coming out by 7:00 Canadian time or it will probably come out on Monday. 

Since some people such as myself are liking the Strangledome idea and others seem very adamant about keeping the Exalted Whip idea, I propose that we try to compromise the situation.

Exalted Strangledome

Just have Khora wield the Strangledome in her hands and wack people with the entire thing while also maintaining its current features of grabbing people. I think this will make everyone happy and provide a safe alternative. 

Archived