Recommended Posts

Venari's AI is too unreliable to depend on when you need the command special abilities used when you cast them. It'd be significantly better if she teleported to the target that the player casts 3 on to guarantee a timely and actual usage out of the ability. Warframe's pace is also too fast to justify having to wait for a pet to decide to run over to the target to then cast it's ability.

 It would also be really good synergy if Khora's 3 move speed buff also applied to Venari, for the sake of consistency, synergy, and increase Venari's in and out of combat mobility.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LSG501 said:

So block the macros which cause this issue rather than nerfing the mods....

I would feel that having a clear stance on Macro use would be a good call; knowing whether something is allowed or considered uncool can only make things more transparent. For what its worth, I agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, DreadWarlock said:

Maiming Strike is cancerous to the whole melee system. It makes all melee maneuvers pointless, overrides the stance combos, and it rewards lazy players from being lazy instead of learning how to melee properly.

you are merely asserting "this mod is bad" and calling and claiming, "it kills combos and lets lazy players be lazy"  honestly. these are not reasons against exalted whip or any weapon being able to use maim. just complaints about a mod. you don't like it then don't use it

also. there are weapons that specifically benefit from spin style gameplay such as tonfas and those that don't benefit nearly as much such as sparing weapons, then there is everything else inbetween. overall it is extra damage to kill the enemy facing you at close range. what i said before still applies.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still no change to Ensnare? Currently it's super unreliable. I cast it, the thing dies because venari usually decides it's gonna attack it, then nothing gets snared. Please make it still pull things in for the duration even if the initial target dies, since you cannot control what your ai kitty wants to chew on 

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, shinkido said:

you are merely asserting "this mod is bad" and calling and claiming, "it kills combos and lets lazy players be lazy"  honestly. these are not reasons against exalted whip or any weapon being able to use maim. just complaints about a mod. you don't like it then don't use it

also. there are weapons that specifically benefit from spin style gameplay such as tonfas and those that don't benefit nearly as much such as sparing weapons, then there is everything else inbetween. overall it is extra damage to kill the enemy facing you at close range. what i said before still applies.

If you'd read my original comment I didn't even mention a single bit about not wanting Exalted Whip, only that if exalted whip became a thing, they should make it that Maiming Strike cannot be used.

Also, no weapon was ever built for spin to win tactics. Tonfas have a high Spin damage because spin attacks are supposed to be used as openers, not to to be abused as the only attack you'll ever spam. WHich is exactly what spin attack is there for, you use it to move from enemy to enemy without breking your combo meter in the process. You combo an enemy to death, you run and spin towards the next oponent to do the same. This way, range in melee weapons become secondary. However most players just prefer to add maximum range and ignore low range weapon, and the existence of Maiming Strike just made it possible to ignore combos altogether.

It's the same reason why Dual Swords also have high spin damage, these are combo weapons, you are supposed to stay glued to the enemy in order to be more effective. Wall attacks serve a similar purpose and it is a more mobile version of a spin atack. You'd down an enemy and use the wall to run faster and reach an enemy that is further ahead, unfortunately no one uses the damn thing. Tbh, wall attacks were pretty much killed when bullet jumps beame a thing, they should just add this damage to air attacks instead and make it easier to land air attack on some weapons that have akward air animations.

Edited by DreadWarlock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-05-03 at 11:09 AM, DreadWarlock said:

If you'd read my original comment I didn't even mention a single bit about not wanting Exalted Whip, only that if exalted whip became a thing, they should make it that Maiming Strike cannot be used.

Also, no weapon was ever built for spin to win tactics. Tonfas have a high Spin damage because spin attacks are supposed to be used as openers, not to to be abused as the only attack you'll ever spam. WHich is exactly what spin attack is there for, you use it to move from enemy to enemy without breking your combo meter in the process. You combo an enemy to death, you run and spin towards the next oponent to do the same. This way, range in melee weapons become secondary. However most players just prefer to add maximum range and ignore low range weapon, and the existence of Maiming Strike just made it possible to ignore combos altogether.

It's the same reason why Dual Swords also have high spin damage, these are combo weapons, you are supposed to stay glued to the enemy in order to be more effective. Wall attacks serve a similar purpose and it is a more mobile version of a spin atack. You'd down an enemy and use the wall to run faster and reach an enemy that is further ahead, unfortunately no one uses the damn thing. Tbh, wall attacks were pretty much killed when bullet jumps beame a thing, they should just add this damage to air attacks instead and make it easier to land air attack on some weapons that have akward air animations.

first off. my argument in the post you are responding to is not saying anything about not wanting exalted whip itself even in the origional post i never said you dident want the whip, it is about you not wanting exalted whip to be able to use maim , that is whats being addressed.

secondly. i also dident say the weapons were built for spin style gameplay, i said they "benefited" from it and was saying simply some benefit more than others from it.  quick note. i use maiming strike, but i dont only use purely spin. i build combos because the damage/combo multiplier is freakin fantastic and can help pump out so much damage. which maks spins so much stronger when combos are built up. you clearly know this as fact. just stating mix of fact nd my view in this note.

third and last point. i fully agree with the sugestion about the wall damage getting put into air attacks.  as you have a chance at that point to benefit since almost no one utilizes wall running in their fighting style. its usually on the ground in a corridor or center of a room more or less, or in the air, almost never near the wall.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Khora's Strangledome

Prevents Eidolon teleportation, at energy drain cost. If multiple domes are holding the Eidolon, energy cost is reduced.

Sentient captured in Strangledome gives Operators and Warframe inside the Strangledome energy regen at 1/sec per captured sentient. 

 

Edited by BrazilianJoe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, can someone explain to me what DE is trying to do with khora's ensnare? I heard it's just about bug fixing and pathing issue, or something about if the enemy dies, the chain comes off or something... I'm not really sure. So again, can someone explain to me what's going on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DE are you planning on changing Khora's pose in the launcher and loading screen to be less sexist??

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Irisena said:

Okay, can someone explain to me what DE is trying to do with khora's ensnare? I heard it's just about bug fixing and pathing issue, or something about if the enemy dies, the chain comes off or something... I'm not really sure. So again, can someone explain to me what's going on?

Mainly three things for the mainline update next week:

  1. Bugfix to stop Ensnared enemies waking up everytime one of them is killed. This happens if Khora uses Whipclaw at least once on any ensnared enemy during a mission, causing the ability to bug out for all Khora players in the squad.
  2. Increased Ability Range on Ensnare. They didn't say if it was Khora's cast range or the propagation spread radius (I am assuming the latter so it is easier to propagate).
  3. Use updated target acquisition rather than old line-of-sight mechanics so Ensnare will consistently propagate and snag enemies. Sometimes it wouldn't be able to propagate even when enemies are standing next to the initial target, so another fix.

I'm hoping these are just some of the fixes they wanted to mention and there are more in the patch notes. Stuff like Whipclaw not doing 2x damage to enemies in Strangledome, and Ensnare not able to spread at all when used on enemies inside Strangledome. Anti-synergy that hopefully are just bugs needing to be fixed.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing is bothering me, there's an electricity running on khora's strangledome, why not give her electricity damage rather than normal damage, or at least 1 slash proc with 5 ticks depending on your 1. power strength affects the tick dmg   2.duration affects the tick count of the bleed, and maybe give a combo for whipclaw like atlas landslide so khora is not just standing there whipping stuff .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I will say this...I feel like when I spend points on telling Venari I need a heal, she should probably teleport to me to heal because if I spent energy and she is all the way on the other side of the map and I die, I never got that heal.

This happens often. Because she is never near me...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-05-13 at 11:55 AM, Waffenheimer said:

DE are you planning on changing Khora's pose in the launcher and loading screen to be less sexist??

 

Really? Maybe you just need to make your mind less sexist? I mean seriously. You are making something out of your perceived issue. Grow up.

  • Applause 4
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DE I hope you havn’t forgot about Khora... I have leveled her and her kavat and now theres nothing that will pull be back to play her. Shes absolutely boring in her current state. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'd really like to simplify her 3rd ability, as it feels like a clunky overcomplicated mess imo. Does it really need the 3 modes? Can't it just be offensive when targetting enemies and defensive when targetting allies (or herself when aiming at nothing)? Then the marking mechanic can be massively simplified:

Tap for singular target marking (or cancelling orders when there is any mark placed, marks' energycosts being refunded).

Hold for multimarking a la Ash, launched as soon as you let go of the button.

Defense = Is a buff given to allies/Khora from Venari (not an aura, thus no need to follow the ally around, though it WILL also cause Venari to follow Khora around if she uses it on Khora herself). This buff is PERMANENTLY active on Venari herself.

Attack = Lethal attack (akin to current Attack-posture's multislash) along with the current Protect-posture's disarm and knockdown.

 

 

Edited by Azamagon
  • Woah 1
  • Applause 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-05-13 at 11:55 AM, Waffenheimer said:

DE are you planning on changing Khora's pose in the launcher and loading screen to be less sexist??

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-05-19 at 7:19 AM, Azamagon said:

I'd really like to simplify her 3rd ability, as it feels like a clunky overcomplicated mess imo. Does it really need the 3 modes? Can't it just be offensive when targetting enemies and defensive when targetting allies (or herself when aiming at nothing)? Then the marking mechanic can be massively simplified:

Tap for singular target marking (or cancelling orders when there is any mark placed, marks' energycosts being refunded).

Hold for multimarking a la Ash, launched as soon as you let go of the button.

Defense = Is a buff given to allies/Khora from Venari (not an aura, thus no need to follow the ally around, though it WILL also cause Venari to follow Khora around if she uses it on Khora herself). This buff is PERMANENTLY active on Venari herself.

Attack = Lethal attack (akin to current Attack-posture's multislash) along with the current Protect-posture's disarm and knockdown.

 

 

To me this seems silly. The current skill works great as far as managing itself for the most part. Set it to heal if you need heals ect. Taking away the 3rd mode would over simplify this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Il y a 13 heures, ZhouDraconis a dit :

To me this seems silly. The current skill works great as far as managing itself for the most part. Set it to heal if you need heals ect. Taking away the 3rd mode would over simplify this.

 

Works only in attack mode. The others are too weak and broken.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, i have an idea for the first abiity

i was thinking,

pressing 1 make and hit with the wipe like actually

holding 1 trap an 1 enemy, release, throw enemy :

  - if you aim to an enemy or enemies, they blow down

  - if you aim the ground make an wave like dex dakra or jat kittag

  - if you just aim the air, just throw them away

 

sorry for my bad english 😛

regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are there any plans to prevent Helminth Chargers loss of Loyalty when Venari dies? The kavats get along fine since their loyalty is fixed at 100, but it really hurts my helminths.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2018-05-23 at 5:28 AM, (PS4)purpleskullgamin said:

So this is probably rather out-dated, but would somebody do me the honor of putting together a list of all the changes she's had and any bugs that need fixing?

 

Agreed that would be super helpful

On 2018-07-12 at 2:28 PM, (PS4)Ragology said:

Are there any plans to prevent Helminth Chargers loss of Loyalty when Venari dies? The kavats get along fine since their loyalty is fixed at 100, but it really hurts my helminths.

That definitely sounds like a bug.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I hope changes for Khora will improve her in general.

But what also is a problem is the way and difficulty to farm her. Everyone who play Warframe and experienced farming behind previous warframes can confirm that Khora is the worst and biggest nightmare when it comes to farming, it literally turns Warframe into Grindframe and no, I am not joking. Drop chance of her parts, especially Systems, Neuroptics and Blueprint are way too low, Chassis is fine since there are two A rotations. Not even Nidus, Octavia or Harrow are such a pain to farm as Khora is.

Still, the other problem behind farming Khora is that people don't want to play normal Sanctuary Onslaught, but Elite one. DE, look at the statistics already. I went to play many times with the random team, guess what happened in 90% cases? People LEFT after 4th or 5th stage, which means that there's no way to farm Khora as a team in random, because people just leave after getting Relics.

Speaking of Relics, they are also at blame for Khora's parts low attainability, they just tend to be a reward in most cases. And why is the Synthetic Eidolon Shard even a thing? It's useless and unrewarding, it's just much more efficient to farm Eidolon for Focus than farming these worthless synthetic shards.

I realize this topic is about changes planned for Khora and not about Sanctuary Onslaught, but her terrible attainability is still a thing since her release. Her attainability improvement has it's placed here then. So if you, dear DE could finally fix terrible grind behind her, a great part of the community would be grateful, even new players who just unlocked Sanctuary Onslaught and found out how time-consuming it is to farm Khora. It's just not worth the effort at the moment for anyone.

So I apologize if what I wrote will turn to be an issue for any moderator, but since every other topic made about this terrible grind was so far heavily ignored, I took the liberty and risk to write it here with hope someone will finally notice of this.

Edited by CoreXCZ
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey is this like a joke thread?  They don't plan on updating khora or touching her ever again so I wasn't sure

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.