Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora's Planned Changes

[DE]Rebecca

15 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

• Venari
  • Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive.
    • Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability overrides Venari’s target and changes her battle posture at an energy cost. 

So, does it alert enemies? Because I'm not a fan of going into a spy mission just to have Venari trigger the alarms. 

Also, you HAVE to make it tankyer (I suggest making it's health scale with Power Strength), if you are really willing to make it not revivable by pressing 3.

It's amazing to just revive Venari pressing 3, and it is also amazing to be able to get it whenever you want. I suggest an energy cost to cast Venari (like 50 or 100), a minimal energy cost to change the command (something between 1 and 10) and being able to unsummon (is this word right?) Venari by holding 3. It could do some special move when deactivated, or something like that, but I really like the idea of being able to control whenever I want Venari to be active and use that in favor of my team. 

I was super happy to see the Venari changes. But not being able to resummon is such a bad change I feel. I really enjoyed the ability to resummon Venari if she happened to die because pets do things they really shouldn't be doing a lot. Needing to use duration mods was ok to me because you were probably going to use them anyway for the CC. I don't know, I am fine with changes but moving Venari to Sentinel rules bothers me. Because if she dies you lose access to an entire power.

The changes outside Venari seem decent, but i'd like to see Venari be revivable like other kavats, it just seems unreasonable to lose an ability until you revive if Venari dies. It would be nice if Khora's 3 functioned in a similar way to Ivara's 1. Where you hold to change modes at no energy cost. But tap 3 to make Venari target a specific enemy and take action based on her current mode.

25 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Whipclaw

• Whipclaw will apply to and benefit from the combo counter.
  • All enemies caught in the Strangledome will take half of Whipclaw’s attack damage when one enemy in the Strangledome is hit with Whipclaw.
  • Hitting an Ensnared enemy with Whipclaw will cause the living metal to propagate.

Please, either make it a homing ability like shuriken or give it a thickness like the Opticor, as it stands it's hard to hit enemies that aren't even moving.

I have some suggestions to add on!

Khora Changes Suggestions -

• please fix up Whip Claw missing the target about half the time
  • change WC name back to Faze Lash, PLEASE! It sounded so much cooler!
  • remove/combine either Strangledome or Ensnare, as they serve effectively the same purpose, hard CC in a wide area.
  • add new ultimate, but not an Exalted Whip (though it would make the most sense), hopefully something that would differentiate her from all the others with Exalted melee and Gara, since Mass Vitrify and Strangledome are somewhat similar
  • Venari should be able to be revived, and moved down to the first ability slot for convenience and... regularity...? (can't think of the word) 

changes that are a stretch but would be cool:

Spoiler
  • add additional mechanic, charge up for more damage
  • hitting Ensnare w/ the standard Whip Claw will make the chains explode, dealing 50% of Whip Claw's damage to all enemies caught in the form of puncture and slash
  • hitting Ensnare w/ a charged Whip Claw will deal no damage, but extend the pull range of Ensnare by 50

Since trying to make her model fit her abilities will obviously not happen (Frame that has a cat but looks like a spider... ok), would be nice if there was at least some introduction with her. The whole "Hey, Simaris has this mode that for some reason gives parts for a new frame" doesn't exactly make sense. I know it fits better with a lot of the original normal frames that just "appeared", but it's been nice that there's been at least a "reason" for their existence going back to at least Inaros.

Khora's "introduction" is very much a step backwards (along with the lack of a proper theme).

thank you for the feedback but please for the god saken  strangledome should be changed there is no use for this ability its completely  boring 

Khora's 4th should be something that makes her more aggressive   she is no cc frame  she should be  a wicked cat lady goes around whipping butts  not just sitting there with her strangledome waiting for the bloody  corpus or any of them to come  and get caught by her traps it should be like that  so please change it for  the love of the god 

give her something else like exalted whip  would be much better 

Thanks again DEV

Eh, it's something.

I still think Strangledome functionality is extremely clunky. Why does it need to be a dome and what does it gain from that? In the end, her 2 and 4 are basicaly the same ability with different visuals. Plus the enemies whirling around is anoyng as hell.

Here's hoping those "other plans" address that, and for what is worth, my suggestion would be to rework it into an offense ability. That little ball thing she whips stays hovering in the air and launches chains that link to enemies in range; shoot it to redirect a fraction of the damage dealt; cast your 2 on it to ensnare enemies for half the duration.

33 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

• Venari
  • Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive.

I would like to suggest a change, where if Venari dies Khora's 3rd can resummon at cost of energy or else once Venari dies Khora will have 1 useless ability until Venari comes back.

Edit: If that was already planned I hope the post could elaborate with more clarity as some comments are asking if Venari gets a bleed-out timer or if Khora needs to die and revive to retrieve Venari.

1 hour ago, xXDeadsinxX said:
  • Strangedome: Still needs to completely replaced by something else, it’s way way too similar to Harrow’s Condem and Vauban’s Vortex.

What about ripping it down with her 1 aimed at the top doing an aoe burst?

31 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Strangledome

• Once an enemy dies in the Strangledome, they will drop to the floor, making room for new victims.
  • We have other plans that are too in-progress to share yet - we'll update here with more information as we get it

Also, make her ulti like a playground for venari to go rampage or depending on her 3rd skill, e.g. using protect inside the strangedome will disarm mupltiple enemies at once.

Why not make her 4th ability the exalted whip and move Strangledome to her 3rd ability. 3rd ability could work where taps switch Venari's mode and a hold would create Strangledome. It seemed back in December you had all the animations set for her exalted whip so it shouldn't be too hard to implement it again as her 4th ability.

Give her Exalted Whip, have a strangledome-like effect able to be used with the Exalted Whip, with conditionals, be it like Excalibur or something you would find more fitting.

Venari buffs/heals should always apply to Khora AND the ally Venari targets. Think in the case of Mesa's Shooting Gallery.

I feel like there needs to be some way to resummon Venari. Like hopefully its got a bleedout timer, but if it dies for whatever reason (could be a typical pet and try and fight 4 techs and a sapping osprey at once) and we miss the bleedout, there should probably be a way to get it back without dying ourselves.

Please just make it possible to restore Venari using the ability. It's already bad enough losing a kavat/kubrow then saying to yourself "well, i better let something kill me then revive so I can get a piece of my build back", but in that scenario you still have four abilities on your Warframe.

With this change, if your pet dies (which it will at high level because pets love swimming in Napalm fire and Sapping osprey fields), you'll arbitrarily have a Warframe with three abilities. Venari is a passive, but her third ability is useless without that passive.

Archived