Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora's Planned Changes

[DE]Rebecca

sounds good, but still has 2 potential problems imo.

Venari's perma death till you die and revive yourself is kinda bad, making her 3 potentially obsolete in the whole duration, and I think venari still needs some synergy with other powers, other than just another kavat. Also, having Venari out on default is really bad for stealth missions, she kinda go attack once you do no matter if you stealth kill or not, so I still think it's better to have a way to unsummon her.

Strangledome's change is welcomed but one essential flaw of the ability is how hard it is to actually whip anything caught by it. 

Venari needs huge stat buffs as well as mechanical changes, as right now it's just a novelty pet, considering it doesn't have the 100% more damage multiplier from loyalty like other pets do. Right now, Venari is half as strong as a normal kavat, and many many times weaker than a kubrow. A helminth charger has 700 base damage when counting the 100% more damage bonus, compared to Venari's 80. This along with the forced slow triple attack animation and buggy hitboxes, means that Venari is lucky to get any kills at all throughout an entire mission for how slow and weak it is, and single target only at that. It needs a way to attack multiple enemies at once (swipe isn't nearly good enough even when it gets fixed), and target enemies way faster. Protect mode is also a joke, as it does basically nothing at the moment other than gimp your already weak copy-kavat.

All Venari modes need some form of aoe ability to have a place in warframe. Attack mode needs some kind of wide-range area attack so it can actually hit things, Protect mode could lower the damage of nearby enemies, or provide damage reduction to allies, Heal mode needs bigger range and scaling from power strength at the very least.

8 часов назад, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

• Venari
  • Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)

NO GOD PLS NO NOT ANOTHER CAT REVIVING SIMULATOR. Resummoning her is fine and don't need to be changed.PLS PLS PLS!!!!!!!!! REVIVING IS AWFUL. The fact that you can resummon her already made her 1000000000000000000000000 times better than any other pet. Just removee the timer and improve stances that's all. AND PLEASE DON'T MAKE US SUFFER WITH THIS REVIVING THING.

I do like the tweaks to her 1st and 3rd ability (just, I'd like to be able to spend like 100 energy to recast venari if he dies), but the ensnare and the strangledome... They suck!

Ensnare: this ability is too slow to be used in a normal situation. Unless you ask your mates "Stop shooting! I need to wait 'till all the enemies are hit by my 2!", you just can't use it on more than 2 targets. I understand the purpose, but honnestly, it doesn't work without full range and duration. More, you gain nothing using your 2 + 1 combo, since it's a complete waste of time. Use your Whipclaw alone, it will work better and be faster.

Strangledome: Here we go... I think we have here the WORST ultimate of all warframe ultimates in the game. I mean, just have a look at the Khora's Warframe Profile video and see what's wrong. Khora's ultimate is literally worst than Vauban's 3rd ability (bastille). This power has just nothing to do in her kit and is off-topic. Sure it looks good, no problem with that, but it costs too much energy, is too slow to cast (even with natural talent, using the strangledome is a complete waste of time), is too small... And it gives no protection for those inside. In fact, this power is nothing but a poor CC, poor utility and poor DPS. The only feeling I have about the strangledome is that you had a stock ability in the shelf, you needed something to replace the exalted whip (I'm don't want to debate is an exalted whip is good or not, other topics do that very well), and you put this skill instead...

The best way to buff the Strangledome is to remove it from her kit, and find something to replace it. Exalted whip, dual whip, taking control of Venari, with a simple afternoon of brainstorming I know you'll find something good for her kit.

8 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Venari
  • Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)

Ouh... this is what I feared... Please allow Khora to summon and De-summon Venari manually by holding the 3rd skill Button...  instead of killing ourselves to get her back...

Scrapping IPS rework and rework Khora has been a huge mistake.

IPS rework would have served purpose for the quality of the whole game, and it's something that DE will have to do sooner or later. There were loads of great, honest, reasonable suggestions, both gameplay wise and that would have not taken away too much time in developmen.

Khora would have been a better, more unique Warframe.

The delay would have surely been much much shorter.

Not reworking IPS has been a big waste of development time.

Huge huge missed opportunity.

• Venari
    • Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability overrides Venari’s target and changes her battle posture at an energy cost.
    • Kavat mods like Animal Instinct have been fixed so they will work properly on Venari.
    • Venari deals slash damage to enemies instead of impact damage.

Does this mean you effectively lose an entire ability (Venari) until you die.. if you miss reviving her? Or is a "recast" a revive? I'm so confused. I don't take cats n dogs because I don't want to revive them.. now Ive just paid for a cat I have to revive? Is that what I've just read?

Pls no, shes going to gather dust if it is.

8 hours ago, MrDash said:

It literally says right there "When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive."

Implying that she can only be brought back if you die.

Making this a valid point.

8 hours ago, Cray said:

If Venari is passive, highly recommend giving her a bleedout state like normal pets.

Edit: Food for thought, while Venari is dead, you go from having four abilities to three. (Under this proposal)

Post Reb's edits feedback:

- Venari needs to either scale with enemy level or be recastable because the one of primary reasons people hate kavats and kubrows is the fact that they have no passive state that allows them to survive longer (like taking off a sentinel's weapon, thus making it only killable by AOEs)

- That cat starts already with a huge disadvantage: Not being able to equip Precepts like Cat's eye and Charm (what makes kavats so good in the first place) and is even more squishy than a normal kavat because of the lack of decoy or reflect.

- Venari is supposed to be an upgraded kavat when in fact the 3 modes don't even compare to those two precepts in usefulness and she dies way faster than a regular kavat.

- A non recastable Venari just means that either you'll be forced to revive her every xmin/sec depending on the content you're playing and she's not even worth the trouble.People are just gonna let her die and Khora will be left with a kit with 3 abilities.

Proposed Venari changes:

- Either allow Venari to equip all kavat mods so that she's justifiedas an ability in her kit or buff her modes significantly

- Allow her to be recastable for an enegy cost, she doesn't deal massive damage to justify the drawbacks you're trying to implement.

some ideas to buff the modes:

Make attack mode deals more damage inside strangledome

Make the knockdown and disarm of defence mode faster and AOE affected by range.

Make the heal an affinity range heal since most of the time Venari is animation locked somewhere and doesn't care if she is in heal mode.

Hmm i think it would be the best if DE merges the 1 and the 2 ... like press 1 for whipclaw ans hold 1 for a sec for ensnare .That would make some room for a new ability.

At the moment Khora lacks a theme and i dont think DE gonna add the exalted whip back so Khoras theme should be about venari making khora a beastmaster. So i hope there will be some synergy between venari and some of khoras abilities.

With a beastmaster theme in mind i think the new ability should be a buff for venari and other pets.

Something like a attack speed buff and maybe even a dmg buff for all pets/beast in a specific rage.

Maybe change her venari defense stance so that it redirects a percentage of the dmg that khora would recieve to venari. That would mean Venari needs to be recastable or this change wouldnt be helpful. High energy cost and/or a cooldown wouldnt matter aslong we can get venari back without dying first.

Some synergy with Stranglerdome would be nice like if khora stays inside of the dome it would force venari to attack the enemies inside it regarless of her stance or sth like this.

I still advocate for Khora to have an exalted whip that buffs her pets based on the whip's combo counter.

Now it just seems like Venari is less interactive than ever. Why even have her there?

To people complaining it would just be another atterax/not as good as the atterax, that shouldn't be the point of the exalted whip; it should be there to synergize with her pets, and have high status for endgame cc/damage.

Everything sounds good except the Venari change. I like that she is out always instead of summoning but when she gets downed and we can't revive her then she dies how can we get her back other than killing ourselves. I think having the 3 change to where she is out already but if she get downed and can't revive her you can summon her again with holding Khora's 3 costing maybe some extra energy and having a little UI circle like Hydroid has when summoning her. I would like to tweet this idea to Scott cause this venari change does not sound too good. I do not want to waste a revive to summon another none special kavat, Venari should be special not like another Kavat. 

she will be revived when you Revive

I'm not sure about this. While i like the idea of it being a non-duration ability, i'd prefer that we were required to cast to summon, and recast to summon when dead. As you can run out of revives, and you loose affinity for doing so, there's going to be high level missions were this ability will be rendered unusable.

I'm not so sure about the Venari changes. I also don't know if this is a popular opinion but I like Venari being duration based because, for me, it's the tradeoff of being able to summon her (or resummon when she dies) in the first place. Khora just needs a lot more 'oompf' in her abilities. Because at the moment, she doesn't really scale well and her other 3 abilities are kinda wonky (especially strangledome acting like the previous incarnation of zephyr's tornado where enemies just ragdoll everywhere making them hard to hit with weapons let alone with whipclaw).

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Whipclaw

• Whipclaw will apply to and benefit from the combo counter.
  • All enemies caught in the Strangledome will take half of Whipclaw’s attack damage when one enemy in the Strangledome is hit with Whipclaw.
  • Hitting an Ensnared enemy with Whipclaw will cause the living metal to propagate.

This is a much needed changes for Khora, i really like Whipclaw because it gives me a Castlevania vibe, and other stuffs... 

A suggestion: What if the Whipclaw also pulls back items when use. This is not really useful, i know, but it sure will make the ability more versatile...?

Is Venari a passive that is alongside Beastshield?  If so, then that would be good.  However, since Venari doesn't need to be summoned, why not make her immortal and leave the revives for normal pets?  With the planned changes, it seems she would be similar to sentinels.

Also, what will be the replacement ability for the Venari summon ability, since the summon will be gone?

• Venari: To resurrect you should be able to recast your 3 (maybe at an increased energy cost) but completely removing her until the event of death which can take a while with a sentinel present (Sacrifice) is just dumb.
  • Strangledome: Problem i see here is that we have to use the Whipclaw in order for all other enemies to receive damage. This makes her need for energy to high. 
    • Idea 1: Remove Strangledome and add Exalted Whip
    • Idea 2: Make Strangledome pull in enemies from the outside and strangle them together in the centre of the dome (Keep enemies firing at their comrades but make the damge scale with the amount of enemies in centre of the dome (like hydroids puddle)

Archived