Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora's Planned Changes

[DE]Rebecca

The main issue remainds for all of us who doesnt have the plat to simply buy her out right, or doesnt have much time in a day/week to play the game: Her parts drop rate is still way too low, especially with the drop table full of Relics with better drop rate.

Do you really want us to spend the only 1-2 hours we have in a day to simply grind to farm her parts, and hope that RNGesus will give us a good nod, or should we use that limited time to play other contents in the game such as sortie, void, etc?

My proposal would be to either increase drop rates just enough to balance the chances of actually gettting 1 parts vs 3 relics, or change zone-rotation to 1 zone equals 1 rotation, like the rest of the game.... that way at least it increases the chance of RNG happening for actually gettting the parts in one 8 zones run session...

Opinions on the ability changes: 

Whipclaw: The changes are welcome, though a fix for the accuracy of the ability is needed. I have had to cast the ability 3 or 4 times before it actually hits. 

Ensnare: Changes are welcome. 

Venari: It's nice that you can have her permanently with you but an increase in base health or a way to heal her quickly without using lifesteal mods would be nice. Venari does fine at lower levels but can easily be killed at higher levels. I have a smeeta kavat who can survive that due to her ability to decoy and go invisible, but Venari cant equip any of smeeta or adarza mods. I also suggest adding a mechanic to revive her after her bleedout runs out since that just removes one of your abilities till you die. Perhaps a mechanic like a resource drop by killing ensnared enemies which after collecting a certain amount either buffs Venari when she is alive or revives her if she is dead. 

tl;dr Increase Venari's survivability for higher levels if she cant be summoned repeatedly. 

Strangledome: I feel like this ability should be replaced. Vauban's bastille does a better job of cc without the ragdoll, and the DoT of strangledome doesnt scale so it is negligible at higher levels. Its range is pretty small as well even after using different range mods. This ability would've been okay if it wasn't Khora's ULTIMATE. 

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Venari
  • Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)

Yeah really not liking that Venari change, I liked how it acted as a re-castable timed summonable like Nekro's shadows do.

So, she still will have no ult? Because Strangledome on the whole is terrible, and the only way to "fix" that would be turning it into Bastille...which would still mean she'd have another Frame's third ability as an ult. 

The best thing woiuld be to have strangledome as the charged melee attack of an exalted whip (yes, it currently is bad enough that that would not be overpowered), but since the chance of that coming back is about 0% (Even though it was what my friend was most hyped for)... How about making Whip-Claw a 3-4 hit combo instead? Would differentiate it from other similar abilities, and at least somewhat give the feel of an exalted whip without being one.

Why not make her 3 a "spend energy to revive your kavat"? Would make sense for her.

Her Strangledome could use to be more "porta-thunderdome" approach. Maybe, force enemies to stay inside, then buff khoras *base* armour for each enemy in it?

If you DE don't want to remove any ability, here is some stuff that could work:

-Venari: Here as a passive ability, with maybe a little less health, and recastable with the 3rd ability when dead (for maybe more energy and a cooldown) (And if the Hunter mods doesn't work, they HAVE to)

-Strangledome: Since we all assume the core of Khora's gameplay is Venari, make the cat literally destroy every enemies caught by the dome. Venari could also "push" the enemies onto the dome

We can already give orders to Venari with the Ensnare, why not with the ult...

Hi! I just came to share this little brainstorm that we had on Rob video about Khora changes on Venari changes.

Here are the comments::

Khamayl
7 hours ago (edited)
I am having lots of fun playing Khora since day one!
About the changes:
Meh didnt like Venari changes...the passive part is ok... but having to revive or w8 till you die to get it back up... I dont think that is a good change... I wasnt having problems with Venari and i was enjoining her durability and how i could just summon her back and I was super happy with how I could just change stances depending on the situation now with energy draining when changing I think the stances usability will be a hit depending on how much energy this will cost...

Umbra
7 hours ago
Khamayl original Venari seemed just fine 😕

Feral Kuja
6 hours ago
Venari being a passive will help a fair bit, but I do think having to wait for a full revive or miss out on her for the rest of the mission will ruin it somewhat.

A fair balance would be having her stance swaps cost very little energy (5-10), and then if you have to re-summon her after she dies it could be a more substantial amount (75-100).

Zack Oak
3 hours ago
I feel like I've never had a lot of trouble with pet revives thanks to medi-pet kit. Admittedly, I obsessively forma'd them for all the survivability pet mods too...

Sophie Archer
1 hour ago
i just wish venari was passive but you have to spend energy to revive her

Zack Oak
1 hour ago
That'd be something I could get behind. Energy to insta-revive would be a good tradeoff.

Sophie Archer
1 hour ago
yeah, would keep her as an ability, rather than another pet that could potentialy die and leave you without an ability.

10 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)

Just remove this please. If you want Venari to have HP, just put her in the 3rd ability as it is now with NO duration and when she dies you just have to cast the ability again.

If you change her as you said above,you will have to revive her all the time since Kavat AI is $&*&*#(%&ed and runs everywhere,not mentioning high level missions when she dies very fast,thus making your 3rd skill practically useless.

While i have an optimistic opinion for these changes and think this is a step to right direction, i'd like to point out that having to wait to use Venari again until we respawn is a bit... weird. Not to mention this kind of goes against to the 'beastmaster frame' theme. Khora should be able to summon her companion again with a cost of energy, or unsummon if she wants to. İ feel like having complete control over her pet (from deciding whether she wants it summoned and in which stance she wants it to be, to ordering to whom she wants it to attack) will fall in line with her design.

What im trying to say is, Khora's most well-thought and impactful ability of her kit should be her 3rd, which is what got people excited about her in the first place.(And her exalted whip, but that's probably out of question now)

Of course, having a completely useless ability while her companion is dead, is also a huge downfall of this change. İ hope DE will contemplate on this matter.

• Venari
  • Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)

Hopefully she still has Beast Shield as a passive on top of this, I quite liked it, especially the look, other than that these changes are wonderful

Well i am kinda writing this on my phone, so do bear with me here.
Here are some small thoughts and proposals. 

Make the summoned kavat, upon death, turn into a ghost like form, which:

•Deactivates the kavat attack functions and abilities;

•Deactivates abilities which relies on health and shields (like sanctuary)

•kavat is invulnerable till revived, which can be made at any point

I thought this would make it somewhat popular, as far as a warframe summoned pet, like an extra layer of complexity. Warrfame is known for customizing our own fun, so why not give our new kavat summon a special aspect to it? I look forward to this idea, specifically since it introduces an different way of using her/him.

Nothing else to add but maybe and different 4th ability, but perhaps something fun that work well with the rest of her kit. Who knows ...maybe an earth shattering howl that hypnotizes enemies to walk into her direction like mindless pray for the kavat to eat and grow? Idk
At the end of the day i don't even know if you guys will read this or what you think of it? Hopefully the fear of something being too overpowered doesn't get on the way of making it fun.

I read your changes DE,

I appreciate the changes for the most part.

Unless I read it wrong. I don't want my Kavat (Venari) to die, then not be re-castable. I do Not want it to sacrifice myself to get it back like a sentinel.

Honestly, that's what made Venari Great!

This is actually an amazing idea tbh. sadly DE isn't too into the "if-then" ability sets (as can be seen with every single frame's ability design), and by that I mean the function of the ability changes based on set condition, in this case whether Venari is alive or not. 

That's a shame tho. A lot of MOBA uses this design in their ability, it would really make the game more complex and more fun to play. 

53 minutes ago, GTG3000 said:

Why not make her 3 a "spend energy to revive your kavat"? Would make sense for her.

Her Strangledome could use to be more "porta-thunderdome" approach. Maybe, force enemies to stay inside, then buff khoras *base* armour for each enemy in it?

Making her 3rd be able to revive the Venari for a substantial power cost would be perfectly fine, as it is the changes DE want to make would essentially make her 3rd completly unusable once the Venari dies.

And having to die in order to be able to make use of a power again seems a tad on the stupid side.

Honestly it would be less of a headache to just leave the Venari as a summonable like it is already.

I really don't like having a button dedicated just to switching Venari's commands. Like Ivara, cycling between arrows is cool but you can also fire them. Now Khora can cycle between commands but cannot do anything other than that and it feels like she's missing an ability. I think the way her 3 works now is best with being able to summon Venari, just increase Venari's base duration and it'll be fine by me. If you do decide to go ahead with the changes however perhaps you could have Khora cycle commands by holding 3 (like Ivara) and make those commands stronger when pressing 3. For example Venari receives increase in damage if in attack mode, increase in healing when in heal mode etc 

Whatever you guys decide to do I'm sure it'll be great. Thanks <3

-snip-

Great changes all around, however, needs more changes.

Venari:

Allow to re-cast to Heal her and  revive her (Killing yourself, just to get your pet back is stupid, this is the same issue with Sentinels): THIS IS A MUST

Please remove the "at an energy cost", or make it super cheap.

Make Hunter Mods, work on her.

Allow Venari to roam the ship

Strangledome: Remove this power, it's terrible, use this:

4.Pack Leader: Khora can now summon 2 extra kavats on her side.

Feral Kavat: Can stay Invs until it attacks and goes back into Invs when not attacking Viral damage and can Mind Control mobs, She can attack much faster than Venari, but can't switch modes or revive you.

Hyekka: Deals Fire damage, can't be affected by Elemental damage, can fear targets, causing them to run away or drop their weapons

Or Give us Exalted Whip

vor 10 Stunden schrieb [DE]Rebecca:
  • Venari
    • Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability overrides Venari’s target and changes her battle posture at an energy cost.
    • Kavat mods like Animal Instinct have been fixed so they will work properly on Venari.
    • Venari deals slash damage to enemies instead of impact damage.

maybe make her revivable through khoras 3 ability for a high amount of energie lets say 3 or 5 times of the cost to change her battle posture
but keep the revive on frame revive and pickup revive like the other companions 
otherwise there would be a dead ability when she is dead

still nice incoming changes :clem:

ok id like to take a moment to give you some thoughts about her 2nd and 4th  

simply to say this is silly why do you need to give us the same ability twice?, we know you rushed this out hard because of all the delays that were generated when we (a huge number of us tenno) said no to damage 2.5.  

the thing here is that they are the same for those that cant see it ill explain, 4th is a re-skinned frost globe styled ability with no defensive value other than crowd control with an AoE rage of effect the same as frosts globes cold air that comes with the globe, except instead of slowing it picks them up, oh my its another rehash of the same old...  

ensnare is the same thing without the dome, you apply it to an enemy and it grabs anyone who comes into range disabling them, at least ensnare has an original feel to it the bit that gets me going hard is, there the same just in a different style there both multi-cast AoE CC abilities and we lost an attack ability for this?. 

i think you could have done a lot better with her 4th in so many ways as an ultimate? its quite low brow, time to put her back into the inventory never to be touched again until the next hot fix, like a lot of other nerfed frames and weapons that i am hoping will have life breathed back into them some day.  

venari, should never have been duration dependant i mean what is the point in saying you have two pets at once if in truth its actually just an ability that looks like a pet?. I'm glad to end my rant on a nicer note, thank you very much for repairing this by making the kavat a real pet, much appreciated!  

enough with my criticism on 2nd and 4th onto a little constructive spat!  

Whipclaw  

Hitting an Ensnared enemy with Whipclaw will cause the living metal to propagate., so this means we will no longer be releasing the enemy from ensnares hold when we whip them? if so that is a good thing! if not you should consider removing that mechanic of releasing them when whipped  

suggestion - restore the cross hairs! every time you use the ability the cross hairs vanish for a short time making quick aiming for multiple strikes much harder needlessly  

Ensnare  

Ensnare effects multiple enemies. When an enemy is ensnared, the living metal will propagate and pull in every enemy within range. The living metal ensnaring enemies will then propagate a second time to pull in another wave of enemies within range.  

suggestion - consider making this ability permanently having a slow pull mechanic for enemy trapped within? reason is as with other abilities of this style in the past like hydroids extremely expensive puddle, when a large volume of enemies fall victim to the sleep effect they make a wall of body's around the outer edge causing the AI to skirt a ring around the ability until path finding finds a way past or they just get stuck all together walking into the backs of all the others who are stuck on the edge of the abilities range.  

Procs no longer wake up ensnared enemies.  

question - dose this also include them waking themselves up by trying to melee attack you when you walk past? or was that just a freak bug that got me yesterday? xD 

question - dose whipping them with 1st now mean that you wont wake them from there chain bindings?  

Venari  
    Venari is now a passive ability - Venari is simply there, no casting required. When she dies, she will be revived when you Revive (*it's very likely you'll have the opportunity to revive Venari like other companions, but in the event you miss that window it'll be gone until you revive)  
        Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability overrides Venari’s target and changes her battle posture at an energy cost.  
        Kavat mods like Animal Instinct have been fixed so they will work properly on Venari.  
        Venari deals slash damage to enemies instead of impact damage.  

wonderful work!, since we can revive her ourselves now do we get bleed out reduction from duration mods on khora or the corresponding kavat mods for it? (i think latter would be best)

Strangledome  
        Once an enemy dies in the Strangledome, they will drop to the floor, making room for new victims.  
        We have other plans that are too in-progress to share yet - we'll update here with more information as we get it!  

i have no comment for this i've said all i had to say in my rant about 2nd and 4th abilities  

its a rare thing i ever share my thoughts like this in all my years in game i have never made a post in any of these, this time i cant resist khora was a frame i was so eagerly awaiting and i loved the original concept so much! that said sorry about my rant i hope I've given you some worth while thoughts to mull over to make up for my little rant i cant wait for the next hot fix/update so i can bring her back out of my inventory and start testing & rebuilding again. 

A clan member just suggested something i thought worthy to share, why not add a small amount of bleed to abilities like strangledome or ensnare after all the enemies seem to be wrapped in barbed wire and that dose look painful.

Archived