Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Khora's Planned Changes

[DE]Rebecca

ASK! Please!

Do not spoil Venari (passive ability). This will complicate the process of the game, reducing the opportunity to enjoy the game, constantly raising one and the second cat! There is no in this nor what is what pleasure. Leave a cat (active a skill) change passive effects. Myself passive skill Khora! Because of its features will always have to take a second companion! 

Skills Venari -

Passive) Venari raises itself and Khora armor depending on the mode.

An attacker) Venari attacks closest enemies - to leave without changes. Damage - Cut. Armor buff + 10% Augment - all attacks splash

Protective) Venari entices the attention of the enemy on yourself. Attacking enemies overturns them. Damage-Blow. Buff armor + 40% for Augment - in this mode, instead of Khora (loss of health) a dying Cat and not Khora. Not more than 1 time in 3 minutes.

Special skill added in the presence of the Augment (or not)) the Cat is a 35% chance of attacking, it may steal from enemies (the 1st time) If the enemy to attack under the effect of skills Khora, the chance increases to 70%.(Health have the advantage) Damage - Puncture. The armor buff of 20%.

the effects of the armor can be removed and leave a valid passive ability Khora - on time. But no need to spoil the fun of the game for Khora's!

I do not like Venari changes what so ever I don't want to keep track of 2 pets all the time I want to play the game. And as far as strangledoom goes the changes look fine but I really hope you are planning to add some duration to it, speed up the reel in and pin them to the sides so its easier to shoot them. Should be more of a spider web then a hexagon.  As far as buffs go its duration, energy cost, and range. Strangledoom should excel at creating strangle points on the map we have frames for defence they do it better make hers a killing field. I want to lock a hallway or door down for a minute 60 seconds I am fine with only throwing 1 out at a time in my opinion that's all we should be able to deploy at a time.

If you are going to make Venari passive, her 3 ability should be able to resummon it (Like it is now), and the "postures" should also double as COMMANDS. We need to be able to fully control the actions of Venari, either directly or indirectly. (Using a posture ability teleports you to her side.. etc) 

Also on that note, the Hunter Command effect (or something like it unique to Khora and Venari) should be passive for Khora. I WANT to control my pet. To that end, keep the current effects for each posture, but give EACH of them a command we can tactically take advantage of. Example: Looking at enemy and swapping to the Attack posture should make Venari attack that target, period. Postures should not have any energy cost

If that is too much, then just give the 3 postures a constant continuous buff to both Venari, Khora, and her team while active. Example: Swapping to Heal should continuously heal both Khora, Venari and the rest of their team, regardless of Venari's current state (Alive vs Dead). This is a boring approach, no lie, but at-least it would dramatically improve Khora's team contributions besides just CC.

Other changes look fine to me, but its VERY important that you guys nail Venari to an art form or she will constantly feel like a chore to keep up with. Having a Warframe with a passive pet sounds awesome, but not if the pet is a total hassle to utilize.

If you guys at DE cannot do either of  the above suggestions, PLEASE at-least make Venari re-summonable AT NO COST, and AT ANYTIME. Currently, Venari is workable because you can re-summon her, though at a cost. However, with these changes, if she is Passive and dies, and we cannot re-summon her anytime we want, Khora has no #3 ability.

Thanks for reading this feedback.

1: Whipclaw changes sound great

2: Ensnare I have mixed feelings about. I love how it works right now, pulling one enemy at a time and presenting a persistent threat of capture to new enemies wandering by instead of just being like every other CC... but Strangledome already possesses this capability while being better at it. I'm not aware of any cast limit on Ensare, and if there isn't one I'd say it's great where it's at with no changes.

3: Venari Proposed changes sound like a substantial nerf to current state, with the only real gain being the ability to command which target she attacks. Changes will make Venari considerably more energy expensive [as a player who swaps stances regularly], since her duration was so long before the cost was almost completely negligible.

As a passive rather than a summon, Venari also becomes a liability in most high level content, I would MUCH rather need to summon her and retain the ability to resummon her upon death than suddenly have to resurrect my kavat every couple of minutes in high level content. I bring a smeeta everywhere I can, but she has to stay home during sorties because I can't keep her alive unless I'm playing Inaros

tl;dr: Venari needs sustain for high level content, especially if she loses the ability to be freely resummoned. Recommend changing heal stance to heal both Venari and her target

4: Strangeldome Yes please drop the dead enemies, And I like the indirect damage buff that will come from proposed whipclaw changes, making it feel more like a fourth ability.

Just to add my voice to the choir: I definitely don't think Venari should be able to just disappear like a normal Kavat. She's a part of Khora, so I have a few ideas: pressing 3 can summon her to your location, whether alive or dead, but maybe after a cooldown like 30 seconds if she dies? That would allow both the idea of not completely blocking out Venari if she dies, but also add a little bit of a penalty for her dying. The other idea is to just have her on an infinite bleedout if she does die, but after 20 seconds the bleedout is only visible and usable by Khora. It's a bit more boring, but still better than Venari just disappearing for half the level if she dies. 

Or, a third option, that might be quite fun, is to have Venari not have a bleedout at all, but keep the idea of  her being a passive, so that if she ever dies she disappears and reforms close to Khora after 30 seconds or so. ... It's basically the same as the second, but keeps Venari up automatically instead of manually, which seems like a smoother option to me.

Since Venari is becoming a passive, sort of an equip for Khora, would it be possible to give her another 3, perhaps associate it with the beastmaster theme and the Venari?

Something like Kill command: Your Venari and active pet focus your selected target dealing extra damage and inflicting bleed, targets affected by kill command take extra damage from allies.

Thanks for the heads up but even thought i think its heading in the right direction. I think your explanation on the 3 ability is a little vague. Not criticizing just want a little bit of more info, like will bleedout mods work on venari? Does she gets downed first or get straight up killed and we lose a ability if so does pack leader or any other form of pet healing would work on her? Also strangledome looks fantastic, dont hear people that say oh Frost globe is better blah blah blah, because A, yes frost globe covers you from fire but it doesnt damage them or actually stops them, like dome does, they may add oh but Bastille stops them what about that? Can bastille fit the landscape and dmg the enemy? That and counting you need to spam it and use the augment mod to keep the rest away. So my 2 cents on that ability in particular, add coloring and maybe sneak a bit of usefullness with power range since we can only have 2 of them up and running so even a little bit of help on how many we can capture in it from the get go. But overall good job.

20 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

''Whipclaw is miles better than Iron Jab'' DeMonkey says. ''So how do we fix this'' DE thinks...

We Buff Whipclaw of course!

:sad:

Looking forward to the changes.

Dude, just use how broken the ult is now with the new Greatzaw. Just toggle off the 4 while using the greatblade zaw after hitting things for infinite range!

Looking forward to patches. :PxvtoNBi.jpg

Honestly I hope there's more changes than that to her 3.

The whole "She dies and then you can revive her cat, or just be screwed if you don't get to her in time" is not good at all.

Venari already feels like an afterthought to her kit, the proposed changes make it more so since Venari isn't going to survive in higher level content. Letting the 3 revive the cat would be a start.  

Please do not make us revive Venari as we must revive the other pets. It will be no fun at all, and she cannot be tanky enough to compensate the fact we can just recast to make her alive again.
Having her work like she does now but with slash damage will in itself be a boost, and with the better AI will nearly be enough.

I love the changes to Venari, so long we can 'respawn' venari by casting the power while Venari is down/dead at the cost of energy/hp. That needs to be a thing. Also have Venari prioritize enemies captured in strangledome/ensnare.

Ensnare still sounds like it's way too close to Larva, a proposed idea is have Ensnare affect 1 enemy, and the living metal reaches out from that enemy to nearby enemies, and then those enemies reach out to more nearby, with each new enemy added decreasing the power's range, making it create a "web". Combine this with being able to damage all the enemies chained(reduced damage for the others possibly?) with weapons and whipclaw doing more damage, as well as if you inflict a proc on one enemy it spreads to the others caught in the web of chains.

I still say Strangledome should be removed and just have whipclaw get reworked into the exalted whip...and just give her a new power 1. But if Strangledome HAS to stay...then it needs to do Status procs. have it do slash procs initially, but when you cast whipclaw on it, it takes the elements from that and applies those procs to the dome(As well as having whipclaw hurt everything caught in the dome). Strangledome also...well it needs to be not bastille...you cast it and enemies have to walk into it to get snatched up, I saw that it does have a "grab range" which honestly...that should get increased. But that's only if this power has to stay...I am with most of the community and want it removed and replaced with the exalted whip.

Now on to my fantasy, if we DO get the exalted whip...status focus. Whips aren't really for doing damage, never have been, they are fast, long reach, and meant to leave stinging wounds on people I.E. Status effects. But this could apply the current whipclaw as well, having it inflict status procs rather than be a 'hybrid' of crit and status. More range, higher status chance, fast attack speed. These can also be applied to the current whipclaw, and  they should IMO, with also adding in the "sweep" move that Gara can do with her power 1, as the current issue with whipclaw is...well it's hard to hit things with it cause it just goes out and if the target is moving you miss...let alone trying to hit something caught in strangledome.

But back to my fantasy, if strangledome is removed and whipclaw becomes her fourth, she is going to need a new power...I'd have it arranged with Venari being power 2, Ensnare power 3, and Whipclaw power 4, with her power 1....becoming a new power called Relish. Relish is to be a toggle power, and while it's on every status you(or Venari) inflict gives it a charge, each charge increases one of it's 2 or 3 effects. This would  be another 'change state' powers as well, I'm thinking of having it tied to Venari's state, just to make things simpler, so if Venari is in attack mode the charges of Relish give you more damage to enemies afflicted by status effects(Think condition overload, but instead of being based off the number of status effects it's the number of charges on this power), If in Protect each charge just increases the chance to inflict status procs(or increase the amount of procs), and if Heal...well it heals you by an amount if you hit an enemy affected by a status. Naturally this power would affect Khora's Melee weapons and Venari(Meaning if Venari is affected by Relish). Admittedly thinking on it, this could be power 2 with Venari being power 1...but the idea is solid, this power would mesh VERY well with the rest of her kit, with Whipclaw being a higher status weapon(as it should be) as well as mixing with Ensnare...leads Khora to be one powerful AND unique frame, as we don't have many frames(save for Saryn, Equinox...I probably have forgotten one or two others) that focus on dishing out status effects to enemies.

Venari:

Make the cat immortal, but it lives in the Void. It walks around like a cloaked Operator.

Cat will have its own "static power" gauge that increases with player causing damage and using skills.
Cat consumes power to materialize and do actions for a few seconds.
"Static Power" can fill up multiple times. At 100% ability strength, it can fill up 5 times, up to 500% power. The maximum % varies with ability power strength.

Materialization costs cat  part of its "static power", and materialized cat keeps draining "static power" until it depletes. cat then dematerializes and starts walking around in the void form again. Duration and efficiency mods affect static power drain, Strength mods affect static power gain.

Venari (ability 1)

Cat can be set to idle or active by holding the ability button. When idle, cat accumulates power and does nothing. When active, Cat AI uses static power to perform actions.

Unranked:

Cold Wednesday - Venari accumulates power but doesn't act.

Void Opportunist - Venari stays in the void and does not materialize. When power reaches 100%, Venari briefly jumps into existence to to unfurl a powerful AoE attack causing slash damage at the point of contact of the next attack, be it a primary, secondary, melee or ability attack.

Playstyle Concept: conserve damage for occasional AoE blowups.

Rank 1: 

Lick wounds - Venari materializes on defensive stance, with a health link and granting the warframe additional armor. Warframe cannot drop below 2 HP with Lick Wounds active, until Venari dematerializes. Venari Will stomp the ground causing a knockback if enemies get too close. Health slowly drains from the Venari to the Warframe, healing it.

Venari consumes a 100% stack to heal itself to full health, granting a brief damage immunity to itself and warframe when doing so.

Playstyle concept: Survive, silly.

Rank 2:

Feral Attack - Venari materializes on offensive stance, pouncing, biting, pinning and doing AoE swipes on enemies. Venari has health and drains "static energy" while in this form. Attacks on ensnared and strangledomes enemies trigger an Aoe capturing effect to imprison  enemies close by.

Rank 3: 

Apex Predator

Venari becomes Super Sayan and becomes immune to damage, but drains energy at a much faster rate, increasing its damage. In this form, Venari acquires Hyena pack mobility capacity to jump/walk on walls. Costs all the static power, requires at least 300% power to activate. More power grants more time in boss form.

Playstyle concept: Have a Hyena boss at your side for some time.

WhipClaw: Needs a general buff to be a tube-shaped aoe and do slash damage with guaranteed proc. 

If it connects with an ensnared or stangledomed enemy, triggers 1/2/3/4 living metal strings to capture the closest enemies up to a certain distance.

Ensnare:

Ensnare prevents enemis from aggroing, allowing for stealth attack bonuses.

Ensnare opens enemies to melee finishers.

Ensnare binding effectiveness and spread needs to be buffed. 

Strangledome:

Should have better volumetric/tile awareness, and spread further if on a narrower corridor. 

Every vertex should be able to capture enemies even if it already has one, and just move it to another vertex. 

Casting Strangledome inside strangledome increases its size.

Venari has longer duration, attack speed, damage and health regen when inside the volume of the strangledome. 

Venari in Apex Predator form can walk on the strangledome walls.

How about making to where if Venari dies, your 3rd ability goes on a cooldown like in Elite Sanctuary Onslaught, and when the cooldown is done you can revive her by using your 3rd ability, of course it'll use some more energy than it would be to switch her posture, but at least this way we don't have to die and respawn to get Venari back.

Dunno why everyone is trying to find drawbacks to losing Venari (which is gonna happen past 50, a lot) in each suggestion. She could be invincible and she'd still be her weakest ability because of how weak the modes are.

Just Buff the modes and keep her the same as live but remove the duration.

If Venari dies you should atleast be able to resurect her by casting your 3rd abilitie (an increased energy cost would be alright) so you don't ahve to die yourself to get her back.

Having to die would extremly annoying for her to use efficently especially on high tier missions and even more annoying for solo players since that would mean they would have to sacrifice one of their 4 revives per mission to get her back. On top of it it would mean that you are down to 3 abilities once you used your revives. Going to be honest here, I would prefer Venari staying as a castable abilitie if this is the change we are getting.

35 minutes ago, ----AncientHunter---- said:

the way this khora updates going have to say its gonna be anther Titania and Gara ,, a warframe only played when early released and later hardly find someone uses

in rare random cases

I believe most new frames fall into this category because people have already found the frames they enjoy most and are hesitant to change up their playstyle.

It took me quite some time to warm up to Wukong and Inaros but they're two of my favorite frames. Titania is also really fun to use, but she isn't the best choice for some missions (and lets face it, missions tend to dictate who we use more than personal preference).

Chiming in to say that if all the 3rd ability does is change posture it will be a real let down. I mean... switching from defensive, offensive and healer is fine and all but this is pretty damn boring for a level 3 ability. 

If you're holding to this mode switching mechanic then at least let the different modes give a mod-influence buff to specific stats (health and agro on defensive mode, damage and crit on offensive mode, move speed and AOE health-on-hit in healer mode).

29 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Chiming in to say that if all the 3rd ability does is change posture it will be a real let down. I mean... switching from defensive, offensive and healer is fine and all but this is pretty damn boring for a level 3 ability. 

If you're holding to this mode switching mechanic then at least let the different modes give a mod-influence buff to specific stats (health and agro on defensive mode, damage and crit on offensive mode, move speed and AOE health-on-hit in healer mode).

That's...actually a good idea...Protect mode buffing her HP/Armor, attack mode buffing damage, Heal mode providing life steal(though this could be fixed if DE just had pack leader/hunter recovery affect Venari...)

23 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

5a8ca1a442414_beta.gif.8883b309c1fae7924

Yeah, it's been "beta" for over 5 years. It's fine if you wish to continue eating up that excuse by the spoonful, but don't pretend the rest of us have to agree with it. Warframe's "beta" status is nothing but a scapegoat.

Archived