Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Keres : give it the Dark Split-Sword treatment (switch stance)

Doomsknightmare

It looks cool and deals enough damge for a non-Prime melee, but we all know in current melee meta short range = MR fodder, and although its model look pretty long, its range is just as meh as other dual swords... If DE can make it work like DSS then we can use it as a heavy blade with better range. I'm kinda tired of spamming fast melee with polearms or spmming slide attack with whips and really looking forward to the upcoming melee rework, since currently no other melees can even come up close to polearms and whips when it comes to killing efficiency. I want to try some underused melees like dual swords, but the poor range really bugs me///

Edited by Doomsknight

2 minutes ago, Doomsknight said:

I want to try some underused melees like dual swords, but the poor range really bugs me

It really is simple: get over it. Who cares what the meta is? If you want to try some underused melees just do it.

Personally, I could not care less what the range is. I often just use a dagger zaw. That has terrible range, but I like the appearance. I would be considerably less interested in the Dual Keres if they made it like DSS.

Dual swords are not mastery fodders. That is true the meta is the long range and the less close combat contact withthe enemies but I don't consider these weapons bad because of their range. A dagger should as long as a spear? No, these weapons both have their own unique styles and uses. 

Dual swords and single swords and most of the blade weapons are meant to be fast. That compensate the long range.

3 hours ago, Doomsknight said:

but we all know in current melee meta short range = MR fodder

We know no such thing. 

One of my most used melee weapons is the DKP. Why? Because it kills the hell out of stuff and can do it to very high enemy levels--and look good doing it. 

You might have to adjust playstyle a bit when changing weapons, but what the so-called meta is really matters little to nothing since the people promulgating it might not know what they're going on about. 

17 hours ago, Doomsknight said:

It looks cool and deals enough damge for a non-Prime melee, but we all know in current melee meta short range = MR fodder, and although its model look pretty long, its range is just as meh as other dual swords... If DE can make it work like DSS then we can use it as a heavy blade with better range. I'm kinda tired of spamming fast melee with polearms or spmming slide attack with whips and really looking forward to the upcoming melee rework, since currently no other melees can even come up close to polearms and whips when it comes to killing efficiency. I want to try some underused melees like dual swords, but the poor range really bugs me///

Dss dual swords rock... Heavy melee is crap. I actively try to stay away from the meta. Non-meta is my jam:)

19 hours ago, Grekkatarq said:

Dual swords and single swords and most of the blade weapons are meant to be fast. That compensate the long range.

TBH Berserker can make polearms and whips extremely fast too...

I think that's the balance issue DE need to deal with : polearms and whips are fast and long while dealing crazy damage by just spamming fast melee / spin attack(rarely saw anyone using their stance combo),  which just make them far more efficient than other melees.

On 2018-04-24 at 4:27 AM, krc473 said:

It really is simple: get over it. Who cares what the meta is? If you want to try some underused melees just do it.

Personally, I could not care less what the range is. I often just use a dagger zaw. That has terrible range, but I like the appearance. I would be considerably less interested in the Dual Keres if they made it like DSS.

Same. I used to main a dagger zaw which dealt 1K+ puncture before I got my Scoliac Riven. It’s not even better, it’s worse, but it’s attack speed is so fast and so much fun I don’t even care. XD