Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[UI] Arsenal sorting by degrees of Favor.

holyicon

Over the years my arsenal has grown considerably.
I'm a bit of a framehorse and a gun hoarder.
I've filled up both the Ranked and Paid loadout slots
And leave the first one for leveling up equipment or "whatever strikes my fancy" while the latest Forma builds.

So, it occurs to me, how having a "favorite" weapons/frames option could be nice for, not just me, but everyone.
Please hear me out.

---== STARS, OR SOME OTHER SYMBOL ==---

You can now assign stars to an Equipment (Warframe, Weapon, Companion, Archwing, etc...).
A symbol other that stars may ultimately be used, I'll just be referring to them as Stars in this post for brevity.
★★★ = Sort First. -- "This is my most favorite."
★★☆ = Sort Second -- "This is great."
★☆☆ = Sort Third -- "I like this."
☆☆☆ = Sort Last -- "I have no opinion about this (, yet)."

You can assign any number of stars (0 to 3) to any number of Equipment.
The default is Zero Stars.

There is a Star next to the "Sort By:" filter.
Toggling this on will group equipment by Star first, then within those groups, sort by the filter.

---== As a Data Point ==---

So, you may be asking, "Holy, isn't adding a bunch of stars to equipment going to take up a lot of server database space?"
Actually, no.
You're not adding literal stars to the equipment, nor are you adding graphical representations of stars, or even abstract interpretations of stars.
Okay, I kid, but seriously.
This can actually be done with one single new byte in each equipment class structure (as it pertains to the way it saved in the database per-player).
OR even, since the enumeration only has 4 options, it can be added as the second half of an existing flag value.
Meaning the Database Volume impact of of this change is potentially zero.

---== As Analytics ==---

Digital Extremes can collect data on all kinds of things using this metric.
Anything from raw, what weapons players 3-star most, to what combinations of weapons are typically favored together.
It gives DE more numbers to work with than just "Ownership" and "Pick rate".
For example, a Highly favored weapon, that has a low relative pick rate, might be worth looking in to for "why".

And it's more reliable (less manipulable) than "meta" discussions on Forums, YouTube, Reddit, etc... that mostly involve a small, but highly vocal minority of (often radicalized) players and cults of personality.

And hey, if you don't like this, can we at least agree there should be a toggle to only show "owned" equipment in the Arsenal?

As always, have fun out there, be kind to each other, but equally mean to those that oppose the Tenno!
q8rLzRd.png-  holyicon

Edited by holyicon