Jump to content

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.18.6


Recommended Posts

Problems still persisting, or new:

  • Enemy spawns are all over the place with difficulty, first round being insanely hard and the next round being really easy to combat.
  • Enemy spawns are kinda (more than kinda...) screwed up. The last round of the last run I did had five enemies... Five... Yeah, so you can guess my efficiency plummetted. I think they were those stupid mechanics.
  • Kavat doesn't always come through portals or meet you on the other side, getting left behind in the previous round and not teleporting or catching up.
  • Some enemies weren't aggrod and patrolled some little part of the map (noticably those five).
  • Still don't have full control after coming out of a portal. During that time where you're floating and waiting you can lose half your health. Wondering if a squishy enough frame could be downed during that time. Though I was Banshee P so the more tankier frames probably won't take too much damage.
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ValGaloriamn said:

 

  • Still don't have full control after coming out of a portal. During that time where you're floating and waiting you can lose half your health. Wondering if a squishy enough frame could be downed during that time. Though I was Banshee P so the more tankier frames probably won't take too much damage.

It's kinda funny. Before you enter the portal. All Warframe Ability will be deactivated. But at that time I got a knockdown attack while in transition. I can't defense myself since it's slowing down. But when I appear on the next Map... My warframe will still stragging to get up, or even go to other Map facing down. It's look like the warframe stumble on something and fall face down (lol).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Griner worker only zones - terible idea, boring to look around to find those guys and spawn rate very low this make it hide and seek mode, not an onslaught

New bigger maps seems to have a pretty low enemy spwan rate for their size.

It would be preferable if you guys fix current issues with the game mode like portal taking forver to open, host migration not working before thinking of adding more thing that break even more. and a boost to khora and vandal weapons parts drop rate would be welcome.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For giggles, let's do some math.

 

If the blueprints and systems have a 5.64% drop rate, that means you've got and 11.28% chance of getting the first of the two to drop.  That means an 88.72% chance of neither dropping.  If you want a 90% chance of getting the drops (9/10 people get one), the equation becomes 0.8872^x = 0.10.  Skipping the rest of the math, x = 19.24 runs, 20 to round up.  To have a 90% chance of both, you then have to find 0.9436^x=0.10.  That's another 39.66 runs (40 in reality).   

Now, some simpler math, 60 runs at 24 minutes each (enough time to start, load, run, reload, and restart) is 1440 minutes.  That's 24 hours.

 

It'll take 10% of the warframe player base more than 24 hours to farm Khora.  Let's assume that you only drop 1/3 sessions short of that complete 8 round session.  It's a very generous statement, given my experience.  That's another 8 hours minimum to grind for 10% of the player base.  Is any frame worth 32 hours for 10% of the player base?

 

 

I'd love to listen to people say they got Khora on day 1.  Statistically somebody out there ran the mission twice and got all 4 parts (48 minutes).  Let's figure out how many people get that 30 hour grind.  10% of a thousand players is 100.  10% of twenty thousand is 2000 people.  Do you see how people could be peeved that the grind is real on these drop rates?  So let me be real here, people defending the drop rates don't get the math.  When we were looking at 28% rates it was frustrating, a few hours of grind isn't bad.  A week of play isn't a bit of grind (4 hours a day, with extra on the weekend), it's murderous and why new players avoid the game. 

 

If you'd like to defend anything less than 10% drop rates, I'd suggest doing the math.  After hearing enough people defend these shenanigans, as partners, I'm tired of an emotional argument about feeling.  1% of the population is going to take 119 runs to complete the frame, or about 60 hours.  That's why people say the drop rates are bad, they can't articulate the math, but know that somebody spending 60 hours (literally thousands if DE's quoted player base is accurate) is just nutty. 

 

 

The thing is, DE is honest here.  They aren't EA and Blizzard/Activision with hidden drop chances.  They told us, in bold, that you either spend money or spend between 1 and 60 hours grinding (assuming 99% is "everybody" enough).  Please, let's push back.  I've spent money on Prime packs to support the developer, but this is continuing a bad trend.  It isn't Xiphos levels of bad, or Hema levels of frustrating grind, but it matches Sibear levels of forced grind in what should be fun.  Please DE, stop.  If the recent unvaulting highlights anything, it's the fact that resources to build old primes were much lower (and thus resource grind increase is real).  Adding in new massive sinks (auroxium and Vauban Prime for instance) isn't a solution, it's making it harder for a new player to see all of the content.  Onslaught is a step back to realize what used to work, but instead of releasing it complete it feels like the next big grind (Venus) is the focus.

 

Please, think this through.  WoW proved you can only sustain a player base with new blood for so long, before the content needs to sustain itself.  Warframe isn't able to make that claim when the price of new items continues to spiral upwards, making similarly powered old items less resource intensive than the new stuff.  You acknowledged this with the weapons rebalance (guns at least), perhaps it's time to reign in the cost structure and therefore grind too.  Fashion frame being end game is...it should either be a joke or not.  You can't really have it both ways.

Link to post
Share on other sites

After this hotfix, I've been getting zones where only one type of enemy spawns in the zones. I've had one with nothing but crawlers, and one with nothing but ancients. Also, it seems like it's not all enemies being replaced by that type, but only those enemies spawning. So when I got all ancients, the zone was basically enemy free since the relative spawn rate of ancients is lower compared to other infested enemies. 

I'm assuming this is a bug, because as a feature, this is a bit toss. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

New Zaw Parts arent being sell in Today Specials ?

This hot fix also making Elite Onslaught a terrible place, mobs slowly spawn, no orbs in high levels. I have no idea what are you guys fixing or changing the game into. It's like bring a new content without testing and put a bunch of temporary changes to cover it up. Since the War Within. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For the Second time a host migrated and failed to reconnect that i was put back to navigation with completely RANDOM REWARDS. in mission i got khora parts, which i wanted, when i got dropped i got rad relics, which is nice but not what I earned in mission.

Link to post
Share on other sites

First run of the day: wave 7, host migrated, stuck forever on host migration. Yes, still broken. Eventhough I was able to rejoin the squad, I lost all XP of the weapons I was leveling. After the mmission I got stuck foprever on "updating account information". 

Edited by toafarmer
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, masterofdetiny said:

For giggles, let's do some math.

 

If the blueprints and systems have a 5.64% drop rate, that means you've got and 11.28% chance of getting the first of the two to drop.  That means an 88.72% chance of neither dropping.  If you want a 90% chance of getting the drops (9/10 people get one), the equation becomes 0.8872^x = 0.10.  Skipping the rest of the math, x = 19.24 runs, 20 to round up.  To have a 90% chance of both, you then have to find 0.9436^x=0.10.  That's another 39.66 runs (40 in reality).   

Now, some simpler math, 60 runs at 24 minutes each (enough time to start, load, run, reload, and restart) is 1440 minutes.  That's 24 hours.

 

It'll take 10% of the warframe player base more than 24 hours to farm Khora.  Let's assume that you only drop 1/3 sessions short of that complete 8 round session.  It's a very generous statement, given my experience.  That's another 8 hours minimum to grind for 10% of the player base.  Is any frame worth 32 hours for 10% of the player base?

 

 

I'd love to listen to people say they got Khora on day 1.  Statistically somebody out there ran the mission twice and got all 4 parts (48 minutes).  Let's figure out how many people get that 30 hour grind.  10% of a thousand players is 100.  10% of twenty thousand is 2000 people.  Do you see how people could be peeved that the grind is real on these drop rates?  So let me be real here, people defending the drop rates don't get the math.  When we were looking at 28% rates it was frustrating, a few hours of grind isn't bad.  A week of play isn't a bit of grind (4 hours a day, with extra on the weekend), it's murderous and why new players avoid the game. 

 

If you'd like to defend anything less than 10% drop rates, I'd suggest doing the math.  After hearing enough people defend these shenanigans, as partners, I'm tired of an emotional argument about feeling.  1% of the population is going to take 119 runs to complete the frame, or about 60 hours.  That's why people say the drop rates are bad, they can't articulate the math, but know that somebody spending 60 hours (literally thousands if DE's quoted player base is accurate) is just nutty. 

 

 

The thing is, DE is honest here.  They aren't EA and Blizzard/Activision with hidden drop chances.  They told us, in bold, that you either spend money or spend between 1 and 60 hours grinding (assuming 99% is "everybody" enough).  Please, let's push back.  I've spent money on Prime packs to support the developer, but this is continuing a bad trend.  It isn't Xiphos levels of bad, or Hema levels of frustrating grind, but it matches Sibear levels of forced grind in what should be fun.  Please DE, stop.  If the recent unvaulting highlights anything, it's the fact that resources to build old primes were much lower (and thus resource grind increase is real).  Adding in new massive sinks (auroxium and Vauban Prime for instance) isn't a solution, it's making it harder for a new player to see all of the content.  Onslaught is a step back to realize what used to work, but instead of releasing it complete it feels like the next big grind (Venus) is the focus.

 

Please, think this through.  WoW proved you can only sustain a player base with new blood for so long, before the content needs to sustain itself.  Warframe isn't able to make that claim when the price of new items continues to spiral upwards, making similarly powered old items less resource intensive than the new stuff.  You acknowledged this with the weapons rebalance (guns at least), perhaps it's time to reign in the cost structure and therefore grind too.  Fashion frame being end game is...it should either be a joke or not.  You can't really have it both ways.

Yes. if they're willing to adjust the drop rate, the player is still willing to play it, but DE don't,and host migration with other bugs make this gamemode difficult.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zonedout44 said:

After this hotfix, I've been getting zones where only one type of enemy spawns in the zones. I've had one with nothing but crawlers, and one with nothing but ancients. Also, it seems like it's not all enemies being replaced by that type, but only those enemies spawning. So when I got all ancients, the zone was basically enemy free since the relative spawn rate of ancients is lower compared to other infested enemies. 

I'm assuming this is a bug, because as a feature, this is a bit toss. 

same here , this happened to me a lot at zone 7 making it impossible to keep the eff up , every time we runs out of eff and forced extract  , all of us playing for rotation c parts but we can't even go to zone 8 because of this hotfix 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

been soloing because host migration thing.

i could actually solo the elite mode farther than the kiddie-mode due to the problems with spawning. on normal sanctuary lvl 6, the big grineer galleon room, only scrappers are spawning. and like 6 scrappers per map, and those dudes are passive as hell. next void map, only single type of grineer are spawning, and not enough of those buggers since they hide and take cover and such.

on the elite mode, the first map has again 1 type of enemy and not very many of those. so the enemy changes made are not working as intended i assume. 

on the positive side, i have had no crashes anymore, and have not lost any rewards. 

keep up the fixing, its getting better!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...