Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The tennogen problem

(PSN)MJ-Cena7

For a starter lets begin with the tennogen rules as per this link 

the rules listed Warframe has many factions with their own unique design language, so stick with only one at a time (with the exception of infested, which may “infest” another faction). Stay away from directly replicating existing characters or items (from Warframe or other sources) as well as Orokin, Syndicate or Sentient designs - any item that is meant to be a creation from one of these factions will not be accepted.

also improvising that no pop culture references is allowed which is very respectable and made sense but in tennogen round 11 DE decided that its good for the game to have a pink pig tail octavia skin which can pass but also a microphone skin which they considered apparently ''tenno'' themed which i have no idea how i dont have anything against the artist or their work but i still don't think it fits the game but maybe the game theme was ruined by octavia herself which i never used untill he deluxe skin came out the dancing in relays was hurting my eyes enough. Anyway jumping ahead to tennogen round 12 there was 3 submissions by my favourite artist faven_ps which were chroma zephyr and nekros graxx of which the one the got accepted is chroma but as per https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1307968380&searchtext= you can see the pictures of the ''fixed'' version the horns and leather boots were plated this was done as per feedback from DE making the skin look worse chroma model was already bad enough and those 2 thing were the most unique about this graxx skin, also faven said on this forum post link is here that feedback from DE about nekros graxx stated that he cant have a cloth hood the grim reaper warframe cant have a hood like all other grim reapers in everything except warframe also the skin had grineer theme unlike other submissions that were accepted also harrow graxx had a hood and was fine and accepted, which can someone explain ?

so summing up most of the good stuff that were not accepted in round 12 

Nekros Graxx https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1332765500&searchtext=

Zephyr Graxx https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1309153880

Excalibur Ronin https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1276820730

Nekros Cadaver https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1293288075

Eisen - Long sword skin https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1321987012

Ogun - Hammer https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1335038499&searchtext=

Amarius Gara https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1318668916&searchtext=

Sildarg Syandana https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1307198461&searchtext=

Mirage Comtesse https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1280782061

Columbina Mirage https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1313311879&searchtext=

KODAMA - Loki Skin https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1270875131&searchtext=

Zetsu Excalibur https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1263999881&searchtext=

Yuganta - Polearm Skin https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1264014398&searchtext=

AND STILL NO nION | Syandana  https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1193929201&searchtext=

BUT ALL WE GOT LIKE REBB SAID WERE SOME ENERGY SYANDANA 

I have no problem with any submission rejected because of tech issues but my question here why is this acceptable why are items rejected for not matching warframe theme while a stick with a mic at the end was considered tenno themed. 

And now with the introduction of Peculiar mods and flowers does these rejections make any sense now ? i love this game i am Mr 25 with over 2500 hours played but the direction this game is taking is very mixed to me like the new UI updates are great this is what we need orokin umbra dark theme sacrifice tenno worriers not pink octavias dancing and hitting enemies with their mic. 

DE needs to reconsider some of their decisions this round, i know people will say its their game and they can go with what they want and that would be fine if they came out and said that but they provide rules there is a vote on steam and they act like the community choices are taken which currently i doubt very much. 

If you came this far thank you for reading. 

I agree with the new silly mods being...out of place in warframe. I dont think DE should waste time making stuff like this but if people really want it then they should at least give the rest of us a option to turn the visuals off. 

The themes for tennogen do seem to be changing more and I'm always surprised by what gets picked because some of that stuff I wouldn't even pay platinum for hehe. I however don't get why you are upset that the nekros graxx skin didnt make it. I mean almost every round in tennogen has a graxx skin in it. I haven't looked but wouldn't doubt it if faven_ps has the most tennogen skins in game now. I actually never vote on his stuff and would like to see some different themes or skins.

9 minutes ago, RoninJed said:

I agree with the new silly mods being...out of place in warframe. I dont think DE should waste time making stuff like this but if people really want it then they should at least give the rest of us a option to turn the visuals off. 

The themes for tennogen do seem to be changing more and I'm always surprised by what gets picked because some of that stuff I wouldn't even pay platinum for hehe. I however don't get why you are upset that the nekros graxx skin didnt make it. I mean almost every round in tennogen has a graxx skin in it. I haven't looked but wouldn't doubt it if faven_ps has the most tennogen skins in game now. I actually never vote on his stuff and would like to see some different themes or skins.

i am a fan of grineer looks and faven skins get in because they are of high quality and are generally liked by the community if he has too many skins thats because he is doing work and making them i would also think that he sold the largest number of skins 

as for why i am upset about the skin not being accepted you can see the link above and you will know why :) but its more of it will have to be altered that bothers me so much not just the wait 

5 minutes ago, (PS4)MJ-Cena7 said:

i am a fan of grineer looks and faven skins get in because they are of high quality and are generally liked by the community if he has too many skins thats because he is doing work and making them i would also think that he sold the largest number of skins 

as for why i am upset about the skin not being accepted you can see the link above and you will know why :) but its more of it will have to be altered that bothers me so much not just the wait 

What’s also being overlooked is how “ready” many of these submissions are.

Faven and his team likely deliver truly finished products with little to no issues on the technical side.

20 hours ago, (PS4)MJ-Cena7 said:

DE needs to reconsider some of their decisions this round, i know people will say its their game and they can go with what they want and that would be fine if they came out and said that but they provide rules there is a vote on steam and they act like the community choices are taken which currently i doubt very much. 

It's their game and they can go with what they want.

Have they said if the votes on Steam matter in any way? I imagine it might bring something to their attention faster, but if it really doesn't fit, no amount of non-binding votes on a third-party platform are going to change their mind.

1 hour ago, peterc3 said:

It's their game and they can go with what they want.

Have they said if the votes on Steam matter in any way? I imagine it might bring something to their attention faster, but if it really doesn't fit, no amount of non-binding votes on a third-party platform are going to change their mind.

yeah well if a microphone skin fits then everything else fits 

29 minutes ago, BaronKreight said:

I do like graxx skins. But when I saw graxx nekros I voted against it. It wasn't different enough from the default skin. There was no cool factor.

idk what are you talking about all tennogen skins must keep the base model but other than that there is nothing similar to the og nekros at all

1 hour ago, MickThejaguar said:

So basically the "tennogen problem" is that you don't the things that are being chosen? That's rough buddy.

no the problem is in their selection process and me disliking the them rejecting items (that are good) for reason and yet accept worse item with worse problem that they claim was the reason for rejection 

2 hours ago, (PS4)MJ-Cena7 said:

no the problem is in their selection process and me disliking the them rejecting items (that are good) for reason and yet accept worse item with worse problem that they claim was the reason for rejection 

Saying that items are good is a subective term and if DE doesn't think something is ready to be in the game then it's their decision. The only thing you've explained here is that you don't like the Octavia skin that they chose but you do like the Nekros skin which they rejected because they felt it wasn't ready. There's nothing actually wrong with the Octavia skin, you just don't like it. And that's your opinion. It doesn't point out a big issue with Tennogen as a whole. You're just upset that your opinion doesn't dictate which skins are and aren't chosen. The Octavia isn't a pop culture reference and neither is the microphone polearm so I don't know why you brought that up in your OP. This post is nothing but you asserting your opinion as fact because DE didn't pick the skins you wanted. 

''A stick with a mic'' is greatly over simplifying and frankly misleading. Nezha has just as much pigtails as Octavia so your issue here seems a little biased.

Id rather see more entirely new concepts than more of the same series in a row. Which is a likely reason for rejection on whatever rounds.

14 minutes ago, MickThejaguar said:

Saying that items are good is a subective term and if DE doesn't think something is ready to be in the game then it's their decision. The only thing you've explained here is that you don't like the Octavia skin that they chose but you do like the Nekros skin which they rejected because they felt it wasn't ready. There's nothing actually wrong with the Octavia skin, you just don't like it. And that's your opinion. It doesn't point out a big issue with Tennogen as a whole. You're just upset that your opinion doesn't dictate which skins are and aren't chosen. The Octavia isn't a pop culture reference and neither is the microphone polearm so I don't know why you brought that up in your OP. This post is nothing but you asserting your opinion as fact because DE didn't pick the skins you wanted. 

I will have to disagree a microphone weapon skin doesnt have a place in warframe and it in fact breaks the tennogen rules yet i wouldnt have too much problem with that but rejecting other items because they dont fit the game theme is now hypocritical considering what they accepted before so i am saying rejecting items whatever they are there is a good list above not just nekros is not justified 

And to correct you nekros skin was ready but it didnt make it just because De dont like it having a hood 

8 hours ago, (PS4)MJ-Cena7 said:

I will have to disagree a microphone weapon skin doesnt have a place in warframe and it in fact breaks the tennogen rules yet i wouldnt have too much problem with that but rejecting other items because they dont fit the game theme is now hypocritical considering what they accepted before so i am saying rejecting items whatever they are there is a good list above not just nekros is not justified 

And to correct you nekros skin was ready but it didnt make it just because De dont like it having a hood 

You haven't shown how the microphone weapon actually breaks any rules. It's not a pop culture reference and it's not styled after any of the banned factions, so what rule is it breaking? And saying that something doesn't fit with the game's theme is pretty subjective. Just because you don't think something fits the game's theme doesn't make it a fact. It's an opinion and DE's opinion is that the microphone skin fits with the theme of the game. Also DE decides when something is ready for Tennogen. They need to make money from these skins so they need to make sure that each skin is perfect before putting it out for the public to consume. If they don't think something is ready, then it's not ready. Lastly in the original post you mentioned that you doubt DE actually picks based on community choices, but what purpose would this serve? Honestly. If DE didn't pick the skins with the most votes then they would be severely damaging their profits, which isn't a good thing to be doing when your game is free-to-play. Don't try to call someone out for being a hypocrite or a liar just because the would doesn't revolve around your opinion.

9 hours ago, MickThejaguar said:

You haven't shown how the microphone weapon actually breaks any rules. It's not a pop culture reference and it's not styled after any of the banned factions, so what rule is it breaking? And saying that something doesn't fit with the game's theme is pretty subjective. Just because you don't think something fits the game's theme doesn't make it a fact. It's an opinion and DE's opinion is that the microphone skin fits with the theme of the game. Also DE decides when something is ready for Tennogen. They need to make money from these skins so they need to make sure that each skin is perfect before putting it out for the public to consume. If they don't think something is ready, then it's not ready. Lastly in the original post you mentioned that you doubt DE actually picks based on community choices, but what purpose would this serve? Honestly. If DE didn't pick the skins with the most votes then they would be severely damaging their profits, which isn't a good thing to be doing when your game is free-to-play. Don't try to call someone out for being a hypocrite or a liar just because the would doesn't revolve around your opinion.

The skin is not of the banned factions because its not of any faction tenno dont have microphones. i am not objecting if something is not ready i am objecting DE rejecting items and their feedback that forces creator to change items according to what they like while accepting other items that have more valid reasons to be rejected which is hypocritical 

Edited by (PS4)MJ-Cena7

5 minutes ago, (PS4)MJ-Cena7 said:

The skin is not of the banned factions because its not of any faction tenno dont have microphones.

Limited anachronistic tech elements have been a part of Warframe and the Tenno aesthetic since the Mag Gauss Helmet, and its "headphones" in update 9 (2013)

The problem here is you failing to understand the Tenno aesthetic, not hypocrisy on DE's part.

1 hour ago, (PS4)MJ-Cena7 said:

The skin is not of the banned factions because its not of any faction tenno dont have microphones.

Well considering warframe takes place in the extremely distant future of our reality, they probably do. And considering that microphones are never stated to not exist, nothing about this statement holds true. The polearm is designed to share the similarities of a microphone, not actually function as a real microphone. So even if microphones didn't exist, it's not meant to be an actual microphone. And there are other cases of things of this nature, like Banshee's deluxe skin having both head phones and a record turntable. And these were designed by DE employees. So if things like this fit into the game then so can a polearm skin resembling a microphone stand. You have pointed out no hypocrisy, you're just mad because you didn't get what you wanted for tennogen.

16 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

Limited anachronistic tech elements have been a part of Warframe and the Tenno aesthetic since the Mag Gauss Helmet, and its "headphones" in update 9 (2013)

The problem here is you failing to understand the Tenno aesthetic, not hypocrisy on DE's part.

Lets consider that the reason so hoods are now a tenno aesthetic since the harrow grax hood in round 11 why cant nekros have a hood now ?

Edited by (PS4)MJ-Cena7

On 4/24/2018 at 5:32 PM, RoninJed said:

Votes via steam mean nothing to DE. They simply go in and say “oh that looks good” and pick a handful of their favorites.

6 hours ago, (PS4)MJ-Cena7 said:

Lets consider that the reason so hoods are now a tenno aesthetic since the harrow grax hood in round 11 why cant nekros have a hood now ?

Did DE give an aesthetic reason? From what's been posted here is was simply that "Nekros can't have a cloth hood" which could be aesthetic or technical. Perhaps some bones for shoulder/neck don't exist on the nekros head rig, depending on how their Geo's work. Maybe DE have had problems rigging blended shoulder<->skull meshes previously.

Maybe it is aesthetic but limited to Nekros having an unspoken "no hood" rule because it's too on the nose.