Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Onslaugh - this isn't what I wanted it to be. New True challenge please.

IfritKajiTora

So the problem with onslaught mode is efficiency, there is no point of going further than 8 zones, because the next rotation C which is the goal is at zone 16. After zone 10 the efficiency runs pretty quick so there is high chance that you won't make it to zone 16, especially when bug appear and enemies won't spawn in a horde, so you will just lose your time. And fighting enemies at level 150 isn't hard these days this truly isn't challenging, this is just randomly going left or right and kill stuff.
So this isn't going 100% your potential, efficiency is blocking your way, just like in endless survival the worst enemy is life support going away not enemies at level 150.

Can we get Unlimited Onslaught or Ultimate that start from level 120 per zone get enemies +5-10 levels and there is no efficiency. So we can kill enemies as fast as we want without being worry about efficiency, so we can actually get to fight enemies 200levels+ if players will survive to that point. To make it even harder challenge, we should have no revives at all, if you die and bleed out timer runs out that's it you out.

Each zone goal will be 500-1000 enemies kill, not timer. So how fast you end each zone depends on you and your team.

Edited by IfritKajiTora

hace 2 minutos, IfritKajiTora dijo:

Can we get Unlimited Onslaught or Ultimate that start from level 120 per zone get enemies +5-10 levels and there is no efficiency. So we can kill enemies as fast as we want without being worry about efficiency, so we can actually get to fight enemies 200levels+ if players will survive to that point. To make it even harder challenge, we should have no revives at all, if you die and bleed out timer runs out that's it you out.

So... you want a mode where you chose ivara. Buld her for efficiency. Go into the mission. Press 3, wait for 2:30 min, press 3 again, wait dor another 2:30 min, get a reward for pressing 2 button, repeat up to you get what you want or get bored.

Sorry but i see no point on this.

P.S. Sorry, i forgot that you must kill an enemy every 15 min or you will fail the mission. Just add a covert letality dagger to the build and kill something every 3-5 maps.

13 minutes ago, Dragoncroac said:

So... you want a mode where you chose ivara. Buld her for efficiency. Go into the mission. Press 3, wait for 2:30 min, press 3 again, wait dor another 2:30 min, get a reward for pressing 2 button, repeat up to you get what you want or get bored.

Sorry but i see no point on this.

P.S. Sorry, i forgot that you must kill an enemy every 15 min or you will fail the mission. Just add a covert letality dagger to the build and kill something every 3-5 maps.

Fixed that for you.

So how is it more challenging when you still have to kill a lot of enemies just the same, but don't have a time limit to do so? Seems to be less challenging to me.

EDIT: It also won't change anything about how you play the mode. You want rewards as fast as possible so you kill as fast as possible meaning exactly the same thing we do now.

Edited by Naftal

you're not going to get an Endless Gamemode that doesn't force you to Kill the Enemies in some way. it's either going to be protecting an Objective (where technically you could take as long as you want to Kill the Enemies but it's impractical to do so without generating a lot of Energy to continuously incapacitate the Enemies but not bother Killing them), or forcing you to Kill the Enemies in a timely manner.

or something. there's always going to be something. you're not just going to be plopped into Simulation with l00t.

:nerd:

The most working team 

Aura - Corrosive Projection

---------------------------------------------------

Trinity P -  Energy Vampire

Saryn P - Spore spam + Mutalist cernos <-- build it for Toxin or Gas and shoot away while you spam enemys

Rhino P -. Roar buff 

Nova P -  Molecular .. Speed or Slow + Amprex ,,, Corrosive Build

----------------------------------------------------

This is only one of many team that can be combined for an succes

but this list works so far the best for me

Dont change the challenge .otherwise ther aint no challenge to do so :sad:

What happened to the challenges to complete each zone like they showed in the previous dev streams ? 

Must get 30 kills with headshots only, pistols only etc 

Why are these zones not done in the same way Rivens are unveiled? that would have been better - more of a challenge.

Currently Onslaught is just another faceroll level 
Equinox and spamshee just sit there with max range and wipe everything leaving nothing for anyone else to do - while that is great and free affinity and S#&amp;&#036;..... i'm boring as #*!% mate !! 

the drop rate for khora parts was supposed to be better in normal vs elite i have 5 neuroptics and 4 chassis 

The systems are in rotation c reward which is zone 8 where most people either quit cuz they think yay i'm done zone 8 or migration occurs 
and when it doesn't, all i have dropped is relics.

Now if i am going to consistently drop relics i'd rather farm them in elite for the rads.

Efficiency dropping at 8 and the dredge workers causing eff drop around those levels make it near impossible to get 2 runs at rotation C 

I've already tired of this 

Braton and Lato Vandals....pffft not even worth the time..... the drop rate is so infinitesimally small its just not worth it for MR fodder

Should have just kept the trials but replaced the rewards, at least in the trials there was the smidgen of teamplay....... it felt worth your while.... you felt proud for acheiving it.

Onslaught is just a new Bere/Hydron/Akkad...... 

hace 1 hora, IfritKajiTora dijo:

Each zone goal will be 500-1000 enemies kill, not timer. So how fast you end each zone depends on you and your team.

Don't get me wrong, i want fight extremly overpower enemies too. But as the enemy level increased, the number of shots they need to kill you decrease, and every warframe reach the oneshoted eventually without "cheese tactics". Thats why is extremely improbable that this become a thing, because you could use a 4 harrow team for perma invulneravility or invisibility frames or even sonar banshee or sleep equinox. We even have a mod that literally say that it does lethal damage.

The closest IMO that we could get is something like alerts/nightmare/kuva mission, but with a random level lets say between 150 and 9999. This could be funny. Probably the rewards would be S#&amp;&#036;, but just for the challenge could be funny.

Otherwise of that i think it always will involve some kind of objetive or way to lose the game (protect something, capture something, kill fast, etc).

What you proposed is more like an endless exterminate. Nothing wrong with that, but actually isn't so much a challenge. You can literally "win" it with any frame and one unmodded machete with a teammate that swap to operator mode and revive you every time you die (or a limbo).

This is something like to go simulacrum and spawn some lvl 400 enemies and kill them. So maybe an improved simulacrum with an increased enemy cap level and that allows us to use captura tileset as a map instead the base simulacrum map would provide us that experience. Or if we could do our own puzzles with the new incoming parkour room and add some enemies we choise.

Well, i think i ramble too much. In conclusion, it's a good concept, but without heavy set up limitation and even more aggresive cooldowns than elite onslaugh that will be one of both. Or extremely easy to cheese, or extremly lose of time in terms of rewards/time (like regular extermite actually are).

I wanted it to be a hardcore level extermination mission, with mobs spawning all the time, mobs of all kinds, without this efficiency calculator all badly calculated, no one plays Elite to kill 15 enemies in each round, who goes elite seeks a challenge , tries to find its true limit, causing them to make new builds and look for better methods with each game.

It has normal missions with far more creatures than Elite mode.

The DE is putting the blame for the bugs on the high concentration of mobs and will continue to fail until it falls in the real and find that the problem is in the lack of creation of steps between the closing of a map and the beginning of another, we are suffering the same bugs in the same way as in the old.

When finishing a mission for example the efficiency counter should be paused until all 4 players carry the next map and the portal is spawned, and if a person reconnects over the time they have to load the next map that player must be placed in viewer mode to load the next fastest map, so yes it comes into play.

To take the high concentration of mobs was an error on their part, or change the name of Elite to normal and take the current normal, the Mot map is more elite than that.

Edited by Zanakeph

Because the efficiency runs out this isn't a real challenge. With efficiency you will just get DPS Warframes, defensive Warframes like Frost are useless. And this isn't a challenge where you can't die. I play vs those enemies with easy, only efficiency is problem.

The true challenge and fun is when I need to THINK how to survive, move here cast this, run this way do this etc. Not just blindly killing enemies and don't get worry about dying, because for Veteran players this is not a problem.

42 minutes ago, NeithanDiniem said:

Void onslaught after it was revealed was never advertised as a place of huge challenge and scaling rewards and endless potemtial. It was advertised as an arcade styled quick fix. Stop expecting it to be what it was never advertised as.

Yeah, better quit warframe because there is no challenge in entire game and it's boring, because you can't die.

The one argument I've been repeating over and over is this: "DE... you refuse to nerf old meta afraid of people's reactions, well it has to be done, one way or the other. Otherwise, every new content, new chalenge, new grind, new arc, will resume the same way, people overlooking it because they will wash over it, as fast and simple as they can."

As were the eidolons, as was the boil, as was the plains. it doesn't MATTER how well designed the next boss is, if you don't start straight out removing from players ways to deal billions, even millions of damage a second.

Onslaught was kind of the proof of that: "we give up trying to control player damage, so let's apply a limiter based on time, player's ultimately can't fight off mob's spawn rate".

Notice: I'm not siding with players any more than I'm siding with DE: This is actualy meant to hurt both. Nerf players, everythign all together, and WITH THATm then you design mobs and levels around predictable damage. That's how everybody else does it... Or... keep hearing people say you can't design chalenging content, because they deal 1 hit over 1 billion damage. (because you let them)

Edited by Duduminador

1 hour ago, IfritKajiTora said:

Yeah, better quit warframe because there is no challenge in entire game and it's boring, because you can't die.

Players are in total control of how powerful they are with their builds, yet hardly a single one of them will attempt to step that power back willingly to make the game more challenging.  They demand the game get harder and they be given with absurd rewards, despite being capable of dealing hundreds of millions of damage, claiming that "but I shouldn't haaave toooo!". They bemoan any nerf to their strength and woe unto whoever suggests changes their favorite weapon or build. Anymore, I've gotten to the point of waving off people complaining like this. If you want to leave? Fine. G'bye. Next!