Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sanctuary Onslaught: Difficulty Changes!

[DE]Rebecca

Step 1: Release new gamemode half-baked and untested.

Step 2: See gamemode is chock-full of bugs, people crashing and losing rewards everywhere.

Step 3: See that despite all the bugs, people actually really like the mode (when it works) but are eagerly awaiting fixes.

Step 4: Response: Nerf the gamemode and censor anyone who tries to complain on the forums. Make changes that do the exact opposite of fixing the problems and create another PR disaster due to said stupid changes.

Step 5: Profit???

3 minutes ago, Gendalph said:

honestly, @Shul said they got to Zone 27 with considerable effort, @Brozime got to Zone 25 and got blocked by Conduit not spawning, so I don't see a real reason to change drain rate, but rather use outliers to investigate possible exploits.

i watched mogamu throw everything he had it had at it and never got past zone 12, and believe me he was rocking it

7 hours ago, Cradicias said:

Yeah, this gameplay mode feels like a waste of time... Focus is nice and all, but once you hit the cap, what's the point of doing this? It's mindless and not very engaging. It's not entertaining, there needs to be special mechanics and enemies we haven't seen before that require more thought than just SMASH CLICK. Thought this was gonna be more strategic =(

A mini stage (just an example not necessarily relevant to onslaught) that I thought up was have a mission where to infiltrate a base you dropped onto a slanted 45 degree roof and to get in you have to hit targets/buttons and NOT stop moving, so what do you do? You slide! This requires aiming, timing and some parkour knowledge of how to slide and avoid things on the roof without loosing too much speed. If they REALLY want onslaught to be a great mode, more things than unload X amount of bullets per sec to get Y amount of Kills/Ses to get Z amount of efficiency will be needed.

Someone (a friend) suggested a mini boss and I suggested that it be comprised of mini smaller entities (swarm boss) so after you kill each one its collective health goes down but you get efficiency for each part. Something, ANYTHING other than see how good your stats stack up would make this way more engaging...

Not that there's anything wrong with numbers and a light show :P

43 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

why, im on console so alot of this im unaware, but the focus gain was supposed to be really good here? 

Jeebus! Are you for real? Why are you even commenting then?
People giving feedback are the ones who experience it all first hand. You havent even played it, how can you say "oh its not such a big deal to me". Of course its not!

3 minutes ago, Pixydis said:

Jeebus! Are you for real? Why are you even commenting then?
People giving feedback are the ones who experience it all first hand. You havent even played it, how can you say "oh its not such a big deal to me". Of course its not!

thats exactly why im commenting, to learn whats going on, that's also why ive been asking you guys for to explain things, but yes having a general knowledge about the game makes me able to yield opinions on certain things, because i know what what you guys are talking about 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)willsp282012 said:

thats exactly why im commenting, to learn whats going on, that's also why ive been asking you guys for to explain things, but yes having a general knowledge about the game makes me able to yield opinions on certain things, because i know what what you guys are talking about 

The hypocrisy is outstanding.

1 hour ago, angetrox said:

we know ... we know @[DE]Rebecca @[DE]Megan problems, bugs ... but the intention is that it matters.... we stay together ... khora is amazing ... and Onslaught is a great proposal and will be better thanks to everyone's work.

Kohra is amazing in her looks, her kit very few people like currently. Onslaught is an good idea but it's always been buggy and now DE is trying to make it harder. But only after zone 8 which defeats the purpose, aside for people who want to go for leaderboard ranks. 

DE, look, I know its a new mode and all and that you desperately want this to be "end game" because you got rid of the only true end game, but that just isn't going to happen like this. The low gravity effect is nice and making the enemies actually as strong as they should be is a step in the right direction, but I think you still don't understand something.

Gear checks aren't difficult. The version that was first released versus this one has almost no difference to me (other than the tile sets are feeling like they are getting worse) or to other elite players. Start the levels at 100 or 200 and we will still find a way to beat them without a problem. Why does DE not realize just how strong you can become in their own game? 

End game should put our skills and experiences to the test, not how much we can use the most OP weapons or frame combos. True end game should be able to be completed with any frame and any weapon because the player's abilities are the bulk of what is being tested. Right now, the only thing this mode challenges is your gear. A zephyr will NEVER be able to perform a nuke trin or a tank just running around using melee.

Simply throwing on another condition (gravity from what I have seen) does not make it harder. It might for newer players who haven't reached the upper levels yet, but you are trying to pass this off as end game. You have to get far more creative than just an over glorified, high level, rushed, timed exterminate. Go play your own mode with OUR set ups and OUR gear as well as lower level builds and your builds. If what you use to test this is the incomplete builds that we see routinely on your streams, then its no wonder why you simply don't understand that "elite" onslaught is easy.

We want a CHALLENGE DE. We want to feel everything we have learned and skills gained to be tested, not how easily we can support the saryn, or use nuke trin, or spin-to-win. We have done that for years. End game needs to put us as players to the test.

This is rather disappointing. This new mode could have been your way of challenging us to try something else, to reward diversity of gameplay.

Instead it's the same cheese spin2win madness and mindless nuke frames. What's the point, that's already what we use outside of onslaught and it's even pushed to the extreme here. Furthermore, because the nuke cheese and the spin2win meta is working so well (who would have guess?) you put an arbitrary limit on your "endgame" instead of addressing those problems that will make those cheese methods the only thing viable.  

there was some ideas from the feedback section :

- adding conditions primary/secondary/melee/power per zone for better efficiency (not restriction like sorties). you gain more efficiency with secondary in a secondary zone etc.

- better efficiency when using melee combo / better efficiency with headshot

- mini boss with efficiency hit zone

- and many more

On the + side, you listened for the axis relics but it feels like gameplay wise, that's all i could expect from warframe.

edit : just tried one, solo. Felt bad and got an operator bug at the beginning that made impossible the use of focus during the mission.

edit : oh and look into the restrictions on warframe abilities, at the moment, it makes little sense.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is semi-complicated to fix,

If the enemy leveling isn't working correctly, then how about working to fix that first. Enemy leveling/scaling has long been a festering thorn in the side of Warframe. Long with spawn logic, AI pathing, and basically all of the other systems that Onslaught pulls on the most. Onslaught is just exposing all of the deep rooted problems that have been put off year-over-year, and that delay has come back around to cause problems here.

Consistent, clear, and targeted enemy progression would allow you folks to then go back and look that the Player Damage output and methods. The essence of what the community has been asking for in a Damage 3.0.

Onslaught is also highlighting long standing flaws in enemy spawn logic/rates, the AIs ability to path, and the AIs "agro" issues. It's good that certain troublesome tiles are getting pulled out of the rotation, but like Blizzard pulling maps out of Heroes of the Storm, this should be so you can get the Level/Tile design teams to go back in and fix/rework those deficient tiles.

I was having so much fun farming focus on the new mode.

Just try a run with the update and it sucks so much! The challenge goes really high, but the reward stays the same. I really don't understand what the Devs are thinking.
In my opinion this is not the ENDGAME we want.

Onslaught, it was a good focus farm... But now, it's gone.

Others have already said it, but the efficiency drain mechanic needs revising.  As a game mode the challenge of increasing rounds in onslaught should be to survive.  As it is now the challenge is to be able to find enough spawns fast enough and depends hugely on the tile you end up on.  By increasing the efficiency drain you just make it more reliant on spawns and limit how far people can get to mechanics that are out of their control.  You should reduce the drain and increase the number and difficulty of enemy spawns so that survival is the challenge.  Efficiency should just be a system to prevent people with incredibly tanky/invulnerable builds with no damage from just sitting through it.  Make them keep up a steady rate of killing.  The current problem is I kill every enemy I see instantly and the timer still runs out on me and that just doesn't feel satisfying.  Being forced out because the timer ran out because there weren't enough enemies spawning is not something the player should ever experience and increasing the efficiency drain is just going to lead to this happening more often.

Off topic, but this is the biggest frustration in excavation and survival as well.  Lack of enemies even though you're killing them as fast as they appear, but you lose anyway because they just won't spawn fast enough.

9 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

we are adjusting the later stages to further limit run duration

Read:

Sorry Tenno, this gamemode might say that its endless, but we don't want you playing like its endless. You might actually get the rewards you're looking for that way!

For years people have been asking for a game mode like survival but without all of the plate spinning and artificial difficulty designed to force you out before you're actually overwhelmed. For years people have been asking for places to farm affinity/focus that don't require meta bullS#&$ for it to be reasonable.

Oh well, maybe next year.

All I want is for you to FIX the damn host migration bullS#&$! Time and time again I'll lose EVERYTHING when a host just up and quits. No communication, no warning, nothing. Just BOOM migration and you get the ship loading screens that never end. Alt + F4 is the only solution.

I have a job and family, so don't get to play WF as much as I used to. Losing allll that focus and those upgraded relics is extremely frustrating, and then finding out that you guys further reduce focus gains is downright infuriating. I know it's "just a game" but I can't help but get pissed when you guys take giant steps backwards in game quality. 

I cannot express how frustrating it is to be on wave 7 and mowing down massive amounts of enemies with my Amprex, killing MULTIPLE ENEMIES PER SECOND, and seeing the efficiency sinking down to 0 before the wave ends. 

The Amprex is borderline broken enough as it is. Do I have to bring my completely gameruining gear and ensure I have absolutely no fun while playing? I usually choose not to do that because I like PLAYING the game instead of just pushing 4. In this mode I feel as if I have no choice.

Archived