[DE]Rebecca

Sanctuary Onslaught: Difficulty Changes!

I'm happy that the ESO is gonna be more  challenging but there is something that you shouldn't do

"Efficiency Stimuli will no longer appear past Zone 15, and Efficiency drain reaches 10x normal rate by Zone 20, instead of capping at 6x."

For the love of god, don't do that.. Why can't the dev team accept that people want this mode to be an endless mode .. There is nothing wrong with that..  IF they want to fight against real level 160+ Enemies so be it ..  If they want to challenge themselves be it .. 

Please accept that some people want "challenging" content.. There is no point in making the Efficiency drop faster .. except that you dont want people gaining so many rewards.. and to say the truth, most of these rewards arent even that good

Edit : And people saying that there is gonna be a challenge against high level grineer.. Just bring CP for the love of god .. High level Armored Grineers without armor are weaker than Corpus Tech of the Same Level to be heard

Edited by MunsuLight
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

42 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

We absolutely intend on this mode still being a Focus boon, and playtesting shows that gains are still enormous compared to normal play elsewhere (with Adaro strategies being the exception).

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't making Adaro obsolete partly the point of making this mode a Focus boon in the first place? Seems to me this change kinda defeats that point.

42 minutes ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

This is semi-complicated to fix, because in a way this has led to hollow gains - enemies are providing significantly more Affinity (and thus, Focus) but in reality they are much weaker than they should be. To maintain the current difficulty of the mission type as best we can, we will have to lower enemy levels, which will impact Focus gains.

Didn't you say at some point that the Focus bonus at the start of each round already gives more of a boost than the Focus convergence orbs encountered through normal gameplay? Simply increase it further to compensate for the above. It's not rocket science.

Edited by SordidDreams
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 2

30 minutes ago, Konachibi said:

So basically you're going to adjust it so enemy scaling works correctly, and now Grineer are going to be bulletproof and have way too much armour just like they do in sorties!

Yeah, great idea, people complain about armour scaling, so you make it EVEN WORSE!

they doesn't, and u know, u have CP and Coaction drift for it.

PS mb change tables a bit? cuz 3-6% r low AF (for khora nand vandals)
Sitting there for 25 mins for 3% chance for vandal part r insane amount of time

Onslaught before hotfixes: wow this is a great mode, wish it didnt crash so much tho.

Onslaught after last hotfix: this mode is very boring now... rewards are hard to get, but at least its still good for exp and capping focus.

Onslaught after reading this: welp... rip this mode. Gonna get Khora, wait for vandal prices to go down to buy them. Then never play it again.

At least look at the rng in the drop tables while you're at it...

Edited by Madway7
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 13

il y a 2 minutes, RayzExile a dit :

they doesn't, and u know, u have CP and Coaction drift for it.

PS mb change tables a bit? cuz 3-6% r low AF (for khora nand vandals)
Sitting there for 25 mins for 3% chance for vandal part r insane amount of time

Problem is most of the player base dont want to forma their Aura Slot to Cp and bring CP frame to this game mode sadly ..

Im always bringing CP but I dont except people to understand the necessity of it for grineers

• Like 1
  • Woah 1
  • Upvote 1

And here I thought I could actually have fun while focus farming. Thanks DE, back to stupid stealth farming instead. -___-

Edited by S0V3REiGN
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 12

This gamemode got really old really quickly for me, so once I get all Khora blueprints, I doubt I'll bother with this game mode much. Oh, and btw... The entry zone gives me vertigo. Every... single... time.

But a lot of people still enjoy this mode, and try to get as far as possible without getting additional rewards except not having to restart the onslaught again and again and again. Now you're trying to soft-cap the runs. Why on earth would you do that? The rewards are rather lackluster as it is already. Why undermine player incentive to do their best?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

So this is nerfing how fast we kill enemies, nerfing Focus gains, and making it even harder to ever go past wave 8 due to efficiency decay.

How about instead DE focuses on fixing the many bugs and crashes the gamemode has, fix the terrible spawns and tilesets that force groups to spawnkill every enemy as they appear to only bleed out 50% efficiency instead of 100%, and maybe fix it so the enemies tab doesn't include Drudges? Maybe make it so the supposedly Endless gamemode can actually be done endlessly, instead of the best option always being to extract at wave 8?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

I played Onslaught a handful of times the day it came out. Couple host migration crashes later, and I'm done with the mode. I'll wait for it to get fixed. Pay attention to the hotfixes, read up on Reddit about how things are going... Still stayed away because it was still buggy. Now this little wonderful post about potential changes to Onslaught. I'm just kind of sitting here going "Wow" and shaking my head. TERRIFIC! More of the same "We put new content - Warframe and weapons in crappy designed content to force you to play the crappy designed content. Oh, you wanted this to be something other than what we intended? Hahaha too bad." I don't know who is in charge of these design decisions, but you are further proving how out of touch you are with your player base.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I hope this isn't permament? I could see it being temporary, to make up for the weak enemies until you make them scale properly, but nothing else.

Those changes are not justified. If it was meant to be a quick arcade-like gamemode, why would you give it scaling focus? The fun of those types of modes is seeing how far you can push it and how difficult it can get, and how difficult it can get doesn't mean how quickly a timer is going to tick down. This will simply turn it into a run to zone 8 and reset afk farm the way it works now, just without the fun part where you can go way higher if you want to actually be meaningfully threatened by your enemies, and not Simaris counting down from ten. It's difficulty could be increased, but this is everything but the right way to do that. It should be difficult to keep up the timer cause of the enemies being strong, not because of it going down fast regardless if you're killing or not. :thumbdown:

Edited by Mfkinbeast
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 5

These changes smack of wanting your playerbase to have a sense of "pride and accomplishment" Don't be compared unfavorably with EA DE, Just don't do it.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

This kills it for me, I'll just wait a week to buy the vandals when the prices drop and go back to Adaro for my focus. Thanks for providing a weeks respite from the grind for this old fart in something that was fun for a week before nerfing it. 

Edited by TheGuyver
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 6

What is it really that you guys have against Focus gain not being a pain? The cap is so low already that does it really matter if we get it in 1, 2 , 3 onslaughts vs whatever many you guys "intend"? It's just absurd that the operator mode is so tainted 

Should just rework the mode to be solo oriented, grouping has been causing so much headache and chaos. 

Edited by HuskyTheMilo
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, Hunt3rK11l3r said:

I did not at any point state that DE would remove adaro, i only pointed out that they keep saying they don't like seeing players cheesing the node.

And you state they know about it, yet hardly anything has been done about it and the only thing that seemed to acknowledge it turns out to have been a  bug that's going to be removed.

Hey, I'm not defending DE's actions, I just was retorting your point that DE is unaware. They are aware and a point could be argued that it makes no action (until Onslaught) just that much worse.

I don't get why DE is so focused on "bite-sized, arcade-style" gameplay for Onslaught when there's ample demand for - as well as the ability to provide - Endurance-based gameplay alongside of the arcade styling.  There is literally no functional reason as to why Endurance Onslaught cannot be offered as a third option, where there's further tweaks to scaling as far as efficiency is concerned to allow for a longer session.

I know I'm not the only one who enjoys being able to throw themselves into what amounts to Warframe's iteration of Cerebro to truly test builds in a combat setting as opposed to the Simulacrum in lab settings.  This is the first time in a long time where I've been excited for a game mode despite whatever bugs may be present.  Most other game modes that have been introduced have either been "eh it's alright" or disappointing, either due to gameplay issues or squad issues where someone will want to extract before I'm ready.  With Onslaught, I don't have that problem.  The goal is simple enough to where gameplay issues are more or less limited to crashing or spawn tweaking (which, to be blunt, has been a crapshoot for years as it is anyway), and squad extraction is seamless with the ability for players to leave essentially every 3 minutes or so.  Despite the issues it had on launch, this is probably the closest you guys have been to "getting it right the first time" as a concept in quite a long time.

Don't get me wrong, I get this compulsion behind wanting to make engaging player experiences.  But stop shafting players who want to put their number-crunching to the limits in order to appease this self-diagnosed issue of not keeping newer players engaged.  There's no reason you can't do both in a reasonable fashion.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 5

38 минут назад, [DE]Rebecca сказал:

We understand the importance of reaching Zone 8, and will tweak numbers carefully to ensure that mark is still reachable before enemy difficulty is too high. But as a mode intended to offer bite-sized “arcade style” type gameplay, we are adjusting the later stages to further limit run duration: Efficiency Stimuli will no longer appear past Zone 15, and Efficiency drain reaches 10x normal rate by Zone 20, instead of capping at 6x.

Why... the Efficiency drain that we have now already can be problematic, but it's somewhat managable.

Enemy spawns are the problem, I was hoping you would focus that instead of increasing Eff drain.

I don't think 10x eff drain could be even countered with cheese tactics. So much for endgame, I guess.

inb4 elite onslaught becomes another lvling spot

• Upvote 5

It’s like they make game modes and then wonder why players refuse to play them. It’s nonesense like this. You waste your time making game modes that players won’t want to play after the first month.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Clap so u guys even know that scaling is broken but not in the correct way lol 

So no new reward or something worth griding beside relic? I really like this mode and dont want it die just 1-2 months after everyone get every unique reward from this and it getting there fast

Also with the x10 efficent drain feel like a plug-off for any squad have the ability to map wipe every time mobs spawn, feel like a low kick

• Like 1

Being on PS4 reading all this I’m not looking forward to this game mode. Watching YouTube videos of people’s opinions on this game mode I’m thinking this will only be good for getting Khora and the vandals then why bother after that? 

I see this game mode lasting maybe 2 weeks then it’s gonna be dead on PS4. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

il y a 5 minutes, S0V3REiGN a dit :

It’s like they make game modes and then wonder why players refuse to play them. It’s nonesense like this. You waste your time making game modes that players won’t want to play after the first month.

They need to understand that some people want to push themselves the highest they could do .. I'm ok with the 6x Efficiency drain now.. Dont ever try to change that ..

Even with all the rewards i lost to host migration, it is still one of the most fun gamemode for me .. It's like survival on steroids as it is..

I dotn want to be defeated because of Efficiency drain .. I want to be defeated because I was fearful of losing my last Revive in a 4 man group that everyone die beyond me ..  I want challenging content that scale fast .. 

Don't even dare to make enemies lower level .. That is litteraly gonna be the end of the gamemode if you do that

Edit : Have you seen MCGamerz last video about Elite Onslaught .. You should because it explains what is wrong with the game mode in general

Edited by MunsuLight
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Just make it so its kill fast to progress through as much zones in 20 min as possible like it was going to be originally instaed of this idiotic "efficiency" crap which requires heavy spawncamping

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

For a charger to have 1792 health, they'd need to be level ~39 going off the wiki's scaling formula (http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Enemy_Level_Scaling)
I want to fight a bunch of high level enemies from the start, not have to wait 20 rounds to get to level 100 enemies. The best part of survival is after you spend 40 minutes in it and the enemies become challenging. Please don't lower the enemy level, raise the difficulty using proper scaling, its nice having a casually challenging mode!

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 5