Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.18.7

[DE]Megan

im not happy with the onslaught scaling changes, the problem was never the scaling a good equinox had no problem killing everything for example, it was really good for a quick focus run, the problem is with the spawn rates, some tileset is too big or the spawnrate is too low, conduits not spawning on time is another issue, often means a loss after zone 15, the efficiancy should stop decreasing at all while the portal is not open/someone is not in the other zone, also making the efficiency drain even more on higher zone just another problem, often only the Stimulus is the thing what saves the zone, dont remove it, its not the right thing to do, we get it, it should be hard, but if we cant go far because the efficiancy just runs out anyway no matter how good the team is(portal not appearing for example) this is just ruins the fun 

What is going on with DE?

These changes are absurdly bad for playing and will nearly necessitate premade, optimal DPS groups. Which is great in a game mode that continues to be plagued by networking issues with zero ways to recover if a network disconnect occurs. 

The new drops for Elite remain detached from reality. 2% on vandal parts. I thought we were through with single-digit percents ages ago when DE admitted they knew it wasn't fun grinding to rotation C for such a minuscule chance, back when Void Keys were still a thing.

Not to mention this new Quills offering. 10k rep per pop--which means you get two wisps daily. I can get more than that in five minutes flying around Cetus on my own, what in the world are they smoking to think this is worthwhile to anyone?

Absolute trainwreck.

10k for a whisp? That's two whisps a day with the current standing cap... I find the idea of making these little floating dudes a redeemable rewards only for architects that probably already got everything is quite an odd choice, the whisp spawn rate is terrible, they should be available for lower players to redeem, so they don't have to spend hours upon hours in the buggy plains of eidolon to only build one amp part.

19 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Sanctuary Onslaught Balance Changes:

Player experiences and data determined that enemy scaling was broken and not consistent with game modes outside of Onslaught. A more descriptive and in-depth read can be viewed here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/950011-sanctuary-onslaught-difficulty-changes/

• Elite: Lowered Specimen level ranges, with Zone 1 starting at level 60-70 and reaching a max of level 150-180 once you hit Zone 15 (instead of Zone 10).
  • Elite: Removed additional Damage Multiplier for higher level Specimens.
  • Efficiency drain ramps up more aggressively between Zones 10-20 in either Onslaught mode.
  • Efficiency Stimulus spawns will not appear beyond Zone 15 in either Onslaught mode.

So... did you fix the 'bug' where we can be awarded s rank on a level and still run out of efficiency?  Did you fix the spawn rates for certain enemies and on larger tiles which make it near impossible to keep the efficiency up at a level to progress?  Nothing is mentioned in the fixes.

Mind you I do find it funny that efficiency is ramping up even faster after round 10 on an 'endless' mode mission, it's almost like you don't want us to play past round 8....

General Sanctuary Onslaught Changes:

• Khora Blueprints have been removed from Elite rewards and replaced with Radiant Axi Relics. Other Relics have moved around rotations to fit - see our drop-table site for full drops!

Any adjustment on Khora's drop rate on the lower one then?

Oh and those drop rates for vandal items are ridiculous, I know you want to try and keep the beta testers who lucked into them the first time happy but those drop rates don't even make me want to bother trying to get them.

11 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Sanctuary Onslaught Balance Changes:

Player experiences and data determined that enemy scaling was broken and not consistent with game modes outside of Onslaught. A more descriptive and in-depth read can be viewed here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/950011-sanctuary-onslaught-difficulty-changes/

• Elite: Lowered Specimen level ranges, with Zone 1 starting at level 60-70 and reaching a max of level 150-180 once you hit Zone 15 (instead of Zone 10).
  • Elite: Removed additional Damage Multiplier for higher level Specimens.
  • Efficiency drain ramps up more aggressively between Zones 10-20 in either Onslaught mode.
  • Efficiency Stimulus spawns will not appear beyond Zone 15 in either Onslaught mode.

I am sorry but I have to ask you guys, what on earth are you doing?

Why can not you fix the enemy scaling properly and why can not we have uncapped enemy levels later on in the elite onslaught? Why does the efficiency have to ramp up even more than what it already was?

This game is already way too easy as it is, unless one is willing to spend hours in some endless crap that scales slowly. I was really happy about the fact that in onslaught elite the starting level of enemies was decent and it ramped up from there nicely, actually providing some challenge at least. The one issue my friends and I have about warframe is the lack of challenge and high level missions and we really, really hoped this onslaught would give us that but no, you just take it away and make it another useless weak enemy boredomness.

Has the "being dropped when host migrates" been addressed? Had that 3 times yesterday. Also the size variation in onslaught maps is sometimes huge. Goes from too tight to swing a kavat to run Forest run( hard to find guys to kill). Still loving it. Keep up the good work.

Been a while since I've done this, but still no fix for

Oberon Prime's "tabard" hitbox being insanely big and right shoulder regalia misplacement:

Friendly reminder about Excalibur Prime's tint channels:

And the Blade and Whip issues that still persist:

All of these issues have at the very least one year (well, Oberon's just 11 months :P), would appreciate to see if you could tackle them when able. Thanks in advance :)

16 minutes ago, [DE]Megan said:

Efficiency drain ramps up more aggressively between Zones 10-20 in either Onslaught mode.

Efficiency Stimulus spawns will not appear beyond Zone 15 in either Onslaught mode.

There is literally 10 pages of people asking you not to do this in the "Sanctuary Onslaught: Difficulty Changes!" thread and you just fire it through anyway? I guess what we think doesn't matter at all.

I haven't tried it myself yet, so I won't be too harsh yet, but seems like you just killed a fun game mode. Gonna go test this and see how it feels, I'll be back.

Still no fix for losing rewards? We extracted fine and stayed during deployment and lost BOTH Lato Vandal and Lato Vandal Receiver. I'm NOT happy about this, those are the rarest drops in Elite and I've played hours to get them. Fix please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just now, NoRainNoRainbow said:

There is literally 10 pages of people asking you not to do this in the "Sanctuary Onslaught: Difficulty Changes!" thread and you just fire it through anyway? I guess what we think doesn't matter at all.

I haven't tried it myself yet, so I won't be too harsh yet, but seems like you just killed a fun game mode. Gonna go test this and see how it feels, I'll be back.

I haven't tried it either but I'm wondering about this change as well. It was already near impossible to solo past 15 due to the insane efficiency drain, even when spawnkilling the entire map as Saryn. Sometimes I truly wonder what goes on over at DE. Still love 'em though.

Archived