Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.18.7

[DE]Megan

1 minute ago, FreezerFlare said:

"We added Cinematic Quests, We added Archwing, We added Lunaro which turned out nobody really plays. Which is fine you're allowed to make mistakes that's cool. But you need to try." - Reb

What you just did was make a mistake.

Take the next hotfix. And Try.

Australian Survivor fail no shocked nope GIF

What if it's even worse than what we have here?

17 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

I don't like this, not in the slightest. This encourages players to run meta cheese builds like spin2win maiming strike (and press-4-to-win in normal) in order to keep progressing. I don't play this game just to AFK, because someone is taking 70% of the kills with just 1 or 2 button presses, and I don't play just to do the same.

People shouldn't have their progression halted, because they're unable to nuke entire rooms. Progression should be stopped when enemies become too strong for you to kill quickly.

If you insist on keeping this in place, does this mean you're going to reverse all of your work in making sure Warframe isn't a press-4-to-win game?

Well said.

As long as Onslaught forces a room-nuking or Maiming Strike meta I'm staying far away. In my opinion, being able to reliably get to Zone 8 / Rotation C solo in intense but normal gameplay with a decent build, should be the baseline in this gamemode - just ramp it up from there. Currently you have to be a very experienced player with the strongest mods in the game to even have a slight chance at getting to Zone 8. This is not fun.

The easiest fix would be to only increase efficiency drain after each Rotation C.

DE pls fix the host migrations or the people playing sanctuary will decrease more and more, and the whole update will be useless. Do you really wanna that? I dont get the point on no fixing almost the main problem for the community, i dont get it at all...

2 minutes ago, Felupi said:

Launch a unplayable buggy mess.
People still manage to have fun.
Nerf the fun before fixing the game.
Congratulations.

Nerf things after you fix them, please... I saw the patch and was thinking "Yay! Now I can play the mode" apparently I was wrong. Apparently you decided to change how it functions before fixing the bugs.

Ok, I'm going to try and ASSUME there's some kind of larger problem with the code causing the host-migration thing or them having to implement some kind of new sub-system that'll save our rewards in case of a disconnect.

At least, that's what I'm hoping is the case, but the silence from the team on the issue and lack of rational priority on these changes is baffling. We're already half a week past Update 22's release and players can't even access the latter half of the content (Unless we want to play R.R.R, Russian Reward Roulette).

The single best thing for the team to do at this point would be to have an intern or some artist with not much to do right now running back and forth between programmers and the community team so they can keep us updated on the BIG issue keeping us from the new content, being host migration.

1 minute ago, BladeRaine said:

Ok, I'm going to try and ASSUME there's some kind of larger problem with the code causing the host-migration thing or them having to implement some kind of new sub-system that'll save our rewards in case of a disconnect.

At least, that's what I'm hoping is the case, but the silence from the team on the issue and lack of rational priority on these changes is baffling. We're already half a week past Update 22's release and players can't even access the latter half of the content (Unless we want to play R.R.R, Russian Reward Roulette).

The single best thing for the team to do at this point would be to have an intern or some artist with not much to do right now running back and forth between programmers and the community team so they can keep us updated on the BIG issue keeping us from the new content, being host migration.

Yeah a little transparency would be nice, would've gotten that 4 years ago, maybe not now.

In all honesty, making balance changes (aka making it harder for everyone) before fixing all of these game breaking bugs and glitches that make this game mode horrible for everyone should not be your focus at this current moment in time. I would suggest ironing out all of these bugs before suggesting changes to the balancing and difficulty of the game mode.

And speaking of the balance changes. 

They're not that great either. You say that you want to remove instakill cheese tactics, but you make it so that it's required to cheese (ex. equinox nuke or maiming atterax meta) to actually get anywhere. Honestly the efficiency drain should be lowered and more functionality should be given to the stimuli besides only 10% efficiency back. It's practically useless on higher stages because you lose that 10% in less than 10 seconds because the drain is so damn high unless you have several people killing and nuking the entire room. 

Please DE, look at the community feedback and think about what your end goal for this game mode is, and make the correct adjustments, because these changes regarding the onslaught only promote more and more nuking and cheese tactics that you want to get rid of. Kinda counterintuitive don't you think? 

the host migration thing is still there, but instead of actually loading into the orbiter, i now got an infinite loading screen, had to force quit. also what's the point of this game mode if i can't hit affinity cap with it anymore? i really liked the idea of having a mode where i can actually reach the cap without using really weird and cheesy stuff like stealth adaro?

1 hour ago, [DE]Megan said:

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.18.7

We’re still in the saddle for planed Khora changes this week (likely tomorrow). 

• Efficiency drain ramps up more aggressively between Zones 10-20 in either Onslaught mode.
  • Efficiency Stimulus spawns will not appear beyond Zone 15 in either Onslaught mode.

Trying to figure out how your all are prioritizing things bc. you still havent fixed the fact that you lose 10-15% efficiency whilewaiting for every single portal. 

a few clan mates and myself tried to run ESO with a solid group of EV, Rhino, Nidus, and a Saryn. We couldnt make it to C rotation due to the fact that we were losing so much efficiency just waiting for the game mode to do what its supposed to do. 

instead of fixing that issue. you make it harder to maintain efficiency. Now im not saying those arent great additions and should be apart of the game mode, since you guys are still toying with it and trying to see what works and how to make it more fluid. but this isnt even an uncommon issue. like its widely known that youre going to lose X amount of efficiency every portal just waiting for it. so im just a little lost in how you guys are prioritizing things. i dont want to be too tough a critic but it almost just seems like youre all just putting the easiest things together just to make it seem like things are being done. which *politically* is the only way to deal with a large amount of players who want everything fixed *RIGHT NOW* when it just isnt feasible. so i understand that mindset. but on that note im haveing a hard time believing that anything in these forums are actually read. just skimmed and replied to. 

So is this raids 2.0? Lot's of bug and refusing to fix it, have excellent weapon locked behind but are impossible to get due to how buggy it is. DE, stop doing spaghett code and review it wisely to fix the problem. 

Btw, this is free speech, no hate or anything. You can't censor us like vulgar fly and you know community will react if you do something wrong, just go with the flow and forget.

1 hour ago, Aphyxia0 said:

This is the very WRONG way to go. It needs to ramp up slower and efficiency stimulus is the only thing that keeps us going in maps with very low spawns in remote areas.

Onslaught is not intended to be an endless challenge endurance-viable game mode, and it never was advertised as such. It is an arcade game mode, get in, get out. That's it.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:
  • Efficiency drain ramps up more aggressively between Zones 10-20 in either Onslaught mode.
  • Efficiency Stimulus spawns will not appear beyond Zone 15 in either Onslaught mode.

Ok... *exhale*, DE staff, I really hope you are reading this as well as all the other comments on this specific change.

We have been grinding this mode like crazy with my clanmates, and I am talking about MR 25 who experiment with top builds and combinations. And every time after wave 12-13 it feels like we're hitting a brick wall. It becomes literally impossible to keep up. And it's not because enemies are too badass. Even if we kill them as they spawn (and we do), we still are unable to sustain efficiency. We literally cannot kill them any faster! So eventually efficiency goes down.

I can see this as a sort of a halting mechanism to prevent people from staying afk using some specific frame combination. You know it's an issue for endless missions and I appreciate your attempts at reducing that happening in the game.

But let me repeat myself: since the first minutes after "Beasts of the Sanctuary" was released and up until now going beyond zones 12-13 felt like hitting a brick wall for MR 25 hardcore no-real-life players. And now with this "fix" you are covering this wall in metal spikes!

You can probably see a lot of people don't really care about the score, they just want to make it to zone 8 to gamble with rotation C. If you don't make that ramp less aggressive, it's eventually going to become a "complete 8 zones to get X reward" mission. Which, I hope you agree, would be a very poor end to this mode.

I would really like to see this mode as a challenge to endgame players. See higher chances at getting rare rewards after a certain wave, which would encourage many players to not just do 8 zones but try to do their best! I know it requires precise balancing and attention to this game mode but I do hope you can take this chance and polish "Beasts of the Sanctuary" to become the true endgame mode that it deserves to be.

Love you, DE. Please don't funk it up.

2 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Sanctuary Onslaught Balance Changes:

Player experiences and data determined that enemy scaling was broken and not consistent with game modes outside of Onslaught. A more descriptive and in-depth read can be viewed here: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/950011-sanctuary-onslaught-difficulty-changes/

this needs to be reverted.....you say this is supposed to be for focus...well NOW its not.....

Archived