Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

“Useless" Sentient Cores

FIushaMad

Through Eidolon hunting. I've obtained about 3000 more Flawless Sentient Cores and some of my friends even have more. We have no place to spend those cores and they look "useless".And the new Hotfix just deployed and now we can buy Cetus wisps for 10k Quills standing (9-10 cores). This is a good way to spend those Sentient cores but the daily cap is killing me. I'm thinking about what if Onkko opens a shop for some cosmetics or some materials that allows us to spend our Sentient Cores in it. Isn't it a good idea?

• Like 1

IMO the daily standing for some things, like Cetus, Quills, should be out right removed...Cetus most certainly simply due to the sheer amount of THINGS you spend that standing on! With the Quills...I mean I killed like 50 eidolons, why can't I turn in all these cores for points cause I'm super awesome at killing these things...

10k Standing for one wisp is a joke. Take two minutes, run around the lake at night, an you'll pick up a couple.

That said, if you really do have that many cores that are otherwise useless, might as well. Just, like the others said, wait for a fix or two first.

Edited by BornWithTeeth

How about at max quills standing, we're given the option to buy some other resources too, using all those extra, and now worthless cores.  Being able to swap them for some kuva or nitain, even if the exchange rates were very poor, and the reward gained from the time put in from doing eidolons was lower than the alternative sources, it would at least give players some variety to break up the grind of getting them elsewhere.

One of the things I liked about WoW was not having to get high level crafting resources/currencies from a single/few sources, but being able to trade for them once you'd gained max standing with one of the endgame factions.

The idea is that while there may be optimal sources for resources, there aren't single sources, so you aren't forcing players into either a playstyle they don't enjoy, or a downward spiral of grinding.  No matter what they do, they can get their hands on what they need to progress in the game eventually.

Edited by polarity

Standing caps exists to give incentive to MR as well as preventing players going rank1-5 within a single day.

As far as the wisp cost is concerned; 10k is a bit steep but I can't help but love the complaints people are making from it.

We literally had nothing to use standing on after a point and now that we do people are just complaining about it.

Onkko also already does sell cosmetics (if you don't want to spend plat) though if he did offer new/unique ones they'd probably be Operator only and people would continue to complain about that.

10k for 1 Wisp. Needs to be 10 Wisps.

1k per Wisp.

DE STILL DOESN'T HAVE ANY KIND OF ECONOMIC COMMON SENSE!!!

He needs to sell Forma Blueprints, Exilus Adapter Blueprints

I'd pay 5-10k standing for Forma & Exilus Blueprints.

How about he sell Eidolon Gems too. Unrefined Nyth & Sentirium.

I'd pay 5k standing for a stack of 3.

The rage is real.