Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maggestions: Mag Suggestions

GLoRToR

Mag, in my opinion, is underrepresented since Greedy Pull has been deemed unnecessary by the development team.

I have the following suggestions to make the frame a bit more interesting. Don't worry, no ridiculous or op stuff here, just some QoL stuff.

1. Pull now includes the Greedy Pull properties: Can pull loot for the player but not for the party.

New augment: Radial Pull. Pull now takes effect in a full circle around the player.

2. Magnetize now correctly attracts targets caught in the sphere of effect, making them unable to galavant out of it freely sometimes.

3. Polarize now includes the Counter Pulse properties at a lesser degree: all mechanical enemies are disarmed.

New augment: Vital Polarize. Polarize now restores health based on Mag's own shield amount until it is fully depleted, starting with her own health and then going from the lowest health ally to the highest until Mag has no shield left.

4. Crush now correctly captures targets that enter its range during its casting period.

Please consider!

1 minute ago, Sajochi said:

This is a lot more reasonable than I thought. Have an upvote.

Appreciate it. 

I'm simply trying to help with suggestions about a frame that's currently a pretty good CC but it needs to be more relevant. I feel these changes would make it eidolon-viable. 

I'd be more than happy with these changes, althougn number three seems a little o.p. 

Instead of a full disarm a duration based disable may be a little more balanced.

Either way, I'm on board.

Edited by 2old4gamez
Typo.

Eh...two of them are fixes (which I don’t entirely count) and I don’t think the Pull/Polarize suggestions are entirely needed.

Frankly, all I want for Mag in terms of changes is to just make the increased energy orb drop chance attribute apply to Mag herself as a passive instead of being stuck on Pull as well as making the armor/shield removal aspect of polarize scale again.

Edited by mac10smg-ToaOfGreen

13 hours ago, GLoRToR said:

New augment: Radial Pull. Pull now takes effect in a full circle around the player.

They would have to drastically reduce the range otherwise this will become broke.

13 hours ago, GLoRToR said:

3. Polarize now includes the Counter Pulse properties at a lesser degree: all mechanical enemies are disarmed

I like the augment because you can swap polarize into a cc ability instead of a debuff ability and I like having that option because I notice the difference in my damage and survivability when I do and do not include polarize counter-pulse in my mag build. I'd be fine with the change but I'd need another augment that gives me another option like counter-pulse does now. Turning her into a healer is cool, but not cool enough. Hit me with another idea for an augment.

12 hours ago, mac10smg-ToaOfGreen said:

Frankly, all I want for Mag in terms of changes is to just make the increased energy orb drop chance attribute apply to Mag herself as a passive instead of being stuck on Pull as well as making the armor/shield removal aspect of polarize scale again.

I'd go for a straight increase on the range of her passive so you can pick up energy orbs and ammo 25 feet away. Especially in onslaught now when drops disappear so fast. I think if they allowed the strength of the wave speed on polarize to be affected by power strength OR just gave it a flat increase instead of having it scale I think that would make for a more adverse tweak than reverting it back into a scaling ability.

Edited by Cibyllae
grammar

Mag needs some love indeed, and i have some suggestions too:

1) Pull: It draws drops to herself AND disarms the enemies, but doesen't pull the enemies to herself. The idea is to make it a support ability and a sidegrade to both the sentinels Vaccum AND Loki's radial disarm, except while the sentinels and Loki do such things in a 360° radius, Mag would instead do it in a cone radius in front of her. Also, i personally never liked the fact she pulls the enemies thorward her, i always felt it like a hassle whenever i was trying to shoot or stay away from the enemies to then have them pulled off my line of sight or onto me.

2) Magnetize: All shots and projectiles caught in the magnetic field are trapped inside of it until expires. Have you seen what Lanka shots do when fired into the Magnetic field ? The idea is to have all the gunfire trapped inside in the same way boosting the damage potential as well. In alternative, the magnetic field deals increasing DOT the more people shoot at it.

3) Polarize: I'm fine the way it is ^.^

4) Crush: I would rework this completely into "Gravity". Mag creates a DOT area around herself which immobilizes the enemies and leaves them open for ground finishers. I mean, with all the armor and stuff the enemies have, i'm surprised nobody thought about Mag doing something "Magneto Vs Wolverine" style and also prevent them moving while she does her stuff.

6 hours ago, Cibyllae said:

They would have to drastically reduce the range otherwise this will become broke.

I like the augment because you can swap polarize into a cc ability instead of a debuff ability and I like having that option because I notice the difference in my damage and survivability when I do and do not include polarize counter-pulse in my mag build. I'd be fine with the change but I'd need another augment that gives me another option like counter-pulse does now. Turning her into a healer is cool, but not cool enough. Hit me with another idea for an augment.

While I understand that you wouldn't want something changed that you currently like, I suggest you take a look at the bigger picture. We're talking about the frame that was the single weakest for the longest time until Magball became a thing, and it's still nowhere near middle tier yet either compared to Rhino, Loki, or even the new Excalibur.

Its subpar HP and the fact that Shields are currently the weakest line of defence due to multiple measures of injury that bypass, ignore or entirely disable your Warframe's "blue HP" paint Mag in a less than appealing light for all but the most dedicated of players. Greedy Pull having been passed judgement upon has literally plummeted my once favourite and most played Warframe into oblivion. Making Mag able to heal, if not as much and not as easily as Trinity but still to some avail would make her just a notch less helpless in many situations, save for No Shields mode where she'd still be less than desirable a pick.
With my suggestion, she'd still need her Shields to heal and we all know what happens to Shields in about 2 seconds.

I'm not one for Forum Verbal Kung Fu, but at the same time, I'm sure whether you're a developer here or just assume authority over people on the fly.

I'll humour you simply because I assume that despite your condescending tone you mean well and because I feel that I'm in the right at least partly about my assessment that Mag has been disregarded as "that starter frame" since her cruel treatment many patches ago.

They wouldn't have to reduce the range of Pull even if it got Radial Pull as an augment. I'll hazard that in light of what the current top frames are capable of, an augment mod that makes Pull an AOE would not even be too big of a change.

As for Polarise, I'd say it's not worth it as it is right now. You have Fracturing Crush which shuts everything down on the screen. If seven seconds is not enough for you to headshot something into oblivion you aren't doing it right. Polarise's redundancy is very apparent in the augment's market standings: People will sooner buy Fracturing Crush for said reason.

20 hours ago, GLoRToR said:

4. Crush now correctly captures targets that enter its range during its casting period.

I'd like to add this: while crush is casting, any bullets / projectiles that enter to the AoE is stopped / cancelled. Crush is too slow, and Mag is too squishy.

20 minutes ago, MonkeyWaffles said:

I'd like to add this: while crush is casting, any bullets / projectiles that enter to the AoE is stopped / cancelled. Crush is too slow, and Mag is too squishy.

That's a bit too much. You can just put down 3 magballs around you while you cast it and you'll literally be safe from everything. I do love the idea but it's kinda over the mark imo.

1 hour ago, GLoRToR said:

While I understand that you wouldn't want something changed that you currently like, I suggest you take a look at the bigger picture. We're talking about the frame that was the single weakest for the longest time until Magball became a thing, and it's still nowhere near middle tier yet either compared to Rhino, Loki, or even the new Excalibur.

I mean if you put context in your op about the bigger picture of mag I would have commented on it. I was working under the assumption that this was.

21 hours ago, GLoRToR said:

just some QoL stuff.

And again, let me try to say it in different words, the Counter-Pulse Augment changes the functionality of how Mag can operate. Meaning her mod setup for stripping armor or ccing enemies is going to be different. If her mod setup is different, that means her functionality changes, and that is what I, in your words, "currently like." I like that my decision to include an augment is going to change how I play mag and how I build her.  The heal augment you put forth makes her 3 have a better heal. There isn't anything about that augment that changes Polarize's functionality. All that heal augment is, is polarize, but better. That's not what augments are made for, augments are made for using an ability in a way that was not initially designed to be used. Its not that I'm in love with counter pulse, I'm in love with the idea of having a choice of how to use polarize, even more so because I can see the advantages and disadvantages of my decision.

EDIT* And if a new augment is going to fill that hole fine, but its got to fit that hole. And not because I want it to, but because that's what augments are designed for.*

I'm not one for Forum Verbal Kung Fu, but at the same time, I'm sure whether you're a developer here or just assume authority over people on the fly.

I'll humour you simply because I assume that despite your condescending tone you mean well and because I feel that I'm in the right at least partly about my assessment that Mag has been disregarded as "that starter frame" since her cruel treatment many patches ago.

Settle down their boi, stop projecting and drink some water.

They wouldn't have to reduce the range of Pull even if it got Radial Pull as an augment. I'll hazard that in light of what the current top frames are capable of, an augment mod that makes Pull an AOE would not even be too big of a change.

Either range reduced or need line of sight, one or the other. A 60 meter radial rag doll that would permeate walls would become very broken.

As for Polarise, I'd say it's not worth it as it is right now. You have Fracturing Crush which shuts everything down on the screen. If seven seconds is not enough for you to headshot something into oblivion you aren't doing it right. Polarise's redundancy is very apparent in the augment's market standings: People will sooner buy Fracturing Crush for said reason.

Yeah building solely for Polarize over Crush is not worth it if you're going to focus on one ability. The stun and armor strip of Crush outweighs polarize, I've min maxed enough warframes for one ability though. Trying to find and use a balanced build that takes advantage of all four of her abilities is fun and challenging. Shes the most fun I've had in this game yet, which is quite poetic. Coming back to my starter frame after all this time since June 15, 2013.

Edited by Cibyllae

1 minute ago, Cibyllae said:

Settle down their boi, stop projecting and drink some water.

Seems like you're very frustrated for some reason. 

Let's continue this when you can behave else I'll need my gloves of spanking +20.

9 minutes ago, Cibyllae said:

I mean if you put context in your op about the bigger picture of mag I would have commented on it. I was working under the assumption that this was.

And again, let me try to say it in different words, the Counter-Pulse Augment changes the functionality of how Mag can operate. Meaning her mod setup for stripping armor or ccing enemies is going to be different. If her mod setup is different, that means her functionality changes, and that is what I, in your words, "currently like." I like that my decision to include an augment is going to change how I play mag and how I build her.  The heal augment you put forth makes her 3 have a better heal. There isn't anything about that augment that changes Polarize's functionality. All that heal augment is, is polarize, but better. That's not what augments are made for, augments are made for using an ability in a way that was not initially designed to be used. Its not that I'm in love with counter pulse, I'm in love with the idea of having a choice of how to use polarize, even more so because I can see the advantages and disadvantages of my decision.

EDIT* And if a new augment is going to fill that hole fine, but its got to fit that hole. And not because I want it to, but because that's what augments are designed for.*

Either range reduced or need line of sight, one or the other. A 60 meter radial rag doll that would permeate walls would become very broken.

Yeah building solely for Polarize over Crush is not worth it if you're going to focus on one ability. The stun and armor strip of Crush outweighs polarize, I've min maxed enough warframes for one ability though. Trying to find and use a balanced build that takes advantage of all four of her abilities is fun and challenging. Shes the most fun I've had in this game yet, which is quite poetic. Coming back to my starter frame after all this time since June 15, 2013.

Either way, let's sort this.

1. I didn't need the context because I came from the angle that people who'd bother making suggestions about Mag at least know what they are talking about. I understand that you want to be able to use all 4 and that is why I think making Polarise heal somehow would make it more useful than it currently is, since her 4 is already one of the most powerful CCs in the game even without the augment. 

2. I also get that you like your options but look at the current meta with the rest of the frames - each frame is its own little meta whether we want to admit or not. It's a development choice to go in the direction of releasing new frames every so often and priming the older ones, it benefits the creators of the game in multiple way as well as it keeps the game interesting. 

3. And yes, I do see what you mean with turning a fairly weak Polarise into a CC and making it useful but again. A heal. I rest my case.

We agree that Mag could use some boofles. We aren't entirely on the same page about changing augments. 

Luckily, neither you or I have a say in this.

Let's just leave it at the part where we agree.

The rest is up to the devs.

19 hours ago, (PS4)ForNoPurpose said:

My change:

Crush no longer deals bonus damage to enemy with magnitize on them, instead shards have their damage boosted while in a magnitize bubble by the listed values.

Kind of a pipe dream tho.

how about crushing the shards to make mini magnetic anomalies that work like oberons 4 augment, though granting shields and over shields and absorbing enemy projectiles in a small radius, like a mini magnetise 

8 hours ago, GLoRToR said:

3. And yes, I do see what you mean with turning a fairly weak Polarise into a CC and making it useful but again. A heal. I rest my case.

We agree that Mag could use some boofles. We aren't entirely on the same page about changing augments. 

I think if the augment instead  allowed shards to be picked up by Mag and allies that increased their armor by 10%(stackable and duration is refreshed for each shard picked up) for X duration and healed for a flat amount, while in the same breath restored 50% shields instead of a flat amount that would be more fun and would scale better into higher tier enemies. A heal isn't going to help much for frames with low armor. I don't mind using Mag's polarize for things other than cc but make it a bit more interactive.

And I agree, I think we have different ideas about what the purpose of augments are. What do you think the purpose of augments are?

Edited by Cibyllae
spelling

I'd rather they bring back pull through walls, or greedy pull and restrict it to resources and mods than anything.

For bullet attract, it needs to stop breaking allied weapons and preventing them from hitting enemies. The sphere that prevents damage should be smaller than the sphere that deals damage imo, so that you can actually hit enemies in the sphere rather than enemies near the edge being basically invincible. Seriously, it's built to grief right now. Bad bad bad.

For polarize, it should strip a % of armor or max shields and deal fixed damage regardless of the presence of armor or shields.