The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Possible Hidden Motive to Santuary Onslaught

Syvarin

kinda seens like either one or the other...

Either: it's meant to address meta so nerfs can work around it.

Or: it's actually the opposite, DE decided to stop nerfing content all together (because that also causes such Sh.it.storms) and future content will require this kind of bypass, meta instead turns into the rule instead. I wouldn't be surprised if they take the "tier road" from now on, it's a guaranteed cash grab. and we end up having to deal with metas that won't go away.

There has allways been only 2 extremes, at one corner, balance everything. At the other start spliting the game at raging difficulty level (tiers), difficulty settings that require to advance to the next meta (If that's the case, I however think that this is coming pretty late in warframe's life, and would still require a workaround to the game)

Personally I'd stay with OP's point of view and hope DE is not going to the tier road.

Edited by Duduminador

5 hours ago, Syvarin said:

Not only that, but it encourages the players who want to efficiently gain focus or level equipment to gather in one location. It gets them out of normal missions and doesn't reward the behavior with enormous quantities of resources. DE realizes they can never stop it altogether, but they can lessen the effects.

this is the part i sorta agree with and makes the most sense. its basically a mode meant to give mass amounts of raw affinity with a bonus reward every other round as a cherry on top. except for elite, that gives you Radiants.

Edited by McDuffMan
Nanospores Son!

Don't attribute malice for which can be equally well attributed to stupidity.  I don't assume DE is that clever, rather I believe that they're either lazy and wanted to push out some fast content as a way to get the new warframe and didn't anticipate the problems it'd have.  Like... Host Migration.  Them rushing it would probably explain why it fails so often, why rewards aren't locked in like in Cetus, etc. because it's rushed out to meet a deadline rather than as a case study in the end-game.

13 hours ago, Trichouette said:

That's probably due to things like "energy set back to 100 after each portal" and "you lose all buffs after taking a portal".

Otherwise gara's shield would reach stupidly high amount of damage (for example)

Nah im talking about useless in terms of how fast i kill enemies. Some of those Frames and build are getting better after Zone 8-10.  Im just not that type of player who just stand in one place, im just spinning through entire map.

11 hours ago, McDuffMan said:

this is the part i sorta agree with and makes the most sense. its basically a mode meant to give mass amounts of raw affinity with a bonus reward every other round as a cherry on top. except for elite, that gives you Radiants.

Also giving so much focus soon large amount of players could be already be half through all Focus Trees. I think DE needs to add something new to that system ASAP.

il y a une heure, ALEKS_D_RAVEN a dit :

Nah im talking about useless in terms of how fast i kill enemies. Some of those Frames and build are getting better after Zone 8-10.  Im just not that type of player who just stand in one place, im just spinning through entire map.

It's true though that onslaught doesn't offer anything interesting... But it offers exactly what most players are looking for : A mindless slaughter of a huge amount of enemies who can't defend themselves.

They claim to be against "too efficient meta" and "press 4 to win" but it's exactly what the mode is designed for, at least once you go above wave 8-10.

Although it's cool that they made it easier to reach wave 8, but it's still a boring mode...

15 hours ago, Syvarin said:

I could of course be completely wrong.

You might be up the right path.

Also, after reading complains about people wanting an option to extract survivals, the conduit portal might be another experiment leading towards changes in survival modes.

15 hours ago, ReshyShira said:

Don't attribute malice for which can be equally well attributed to stupidity.  I don't assume DE is that clever, rather I believe that they're either lazy and wanted to push out some fast content as a way to get the new warframe and didn't anticipate the problems it'd have.  Like... Host Migration.  Them rushing it would probably explain why it fails so often, why rewards aren't locked in like in Cetus, etc. because it's rushed out to meet a deadline rather than as a case study in the end-game.

while i do think this game mode can help with the "meta" problem and all that in some way or form, the rushed patch was most likely becuse of the release of God of War, so that players starting to get bored after a long time of nothing special or new added would simply just go and play some God of War and who knows how long it would take for most of em to come back.

6 hours ago, Trichouette said:

It's true though that onslaught doesn't offer anything interesting... But it offers exactly what most players are looking for : A mindless slaughter of a huge amount of enemies who can't defend themselves.

They claim to be against "too efficient meta" and "press 4 to win" but it's exactly what the mode is designed for, at least once you go above wave 8-10.

Although it's cool that they made it easier to reach wave 8, but it's still a boring mode...

Actually is less boring than Survival `cos faster enemies spawn.

il y a 1 minute, ALEKS_D_RAVEN a dit :

Actually is less boring than Survival `cos faster enemies spawn.

Yeah but since players are using even more cheese and min-maxing, enemies die even faster...

The one thing I like thought is the change of tile, times fly faster thanks to that and it makes it slightly less boring.

(also it's too bad frames get debuffed between zones, i can't play gara :/ )

otherwise it's still mindless smashing of the keyboard...