Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ongoing Sanctuary Onslaught Recalibration

[DE]Connor

Hail Tenno!

Simaris is not done calibrating. For those keeping score, Sanctuary Onslaught has been live on public for almost a week. Thanks to everyone for your patience while we work through several unexpected kinks!

The biggest issue we had to overcome was a nasty case of “bad scaling-itis” - perhaps a cruel trick from Simaris. Read more details about that situation here:

(we'll talk about this more later).

Simaris’ recalibrations of the mode have come fast and frequent, so we wanted to share some of our (his) plans for Onslaught going forward. And remember, everything here is subject to further change, as we do plan on adjusting this mode frequently for the foreseeable future!

-More Efficiency tweaks! We are undoing the passive Efficiency drain increase that was added yesterday. Instead of 10x drain, the max drain will be 6x in both modes, just like it was at release. Furthermore, the Efficiency drain at the start of regular Onslaught has been reduced, allowing players to reach wave 8 more easily.

-Enemy level increases at high levels! In Elite Onslaught, enemies will now scale up to level 280 by Zone 25, instead of being capped at 180. We still see Onslaught as a more bite-sized gameplay experience, but combined with the efficiency changes above, how far your team can last should be dictated slightly more by your ability to kill instead of hard numeric limits.

-Spawn flow fixes! We’re aware that every tile is not created equal, and will be watching for community complaints regarding a lack of enemies. The issue needs to be fixed manually by our level designers for each tile, so thanks for bearing with us as we continue tackling this issue over time. (friendly reminder: screenshots taken using F6 will contain “metadata” that helps our programmers identify the tile in question - please use for all forum bug reports!)

-Ongoing improvements! Once Onslaught’s core functionality has been nailed down, we have several ideas on how to spice things up. The random environmental hazards we added yesterday are a good example of this. Warframe is no stranger to “live changes”, so hopefully this comes as no surprise to long-time players!

Plus, an added bonus: since Focus gain is an important aspect to this mode, we’re increasing the daily Focus cap! In addition to the base limit of 250,000, players will have an additional 5,000 cap room for each Mastery Rank they’ve achieved. This means an MR20 player will now have a total cap of 350,000.

One final comment about enemy scaling - this game mode won't be the place where we tackle that. Apologies if anyone felt this was a secret experiment for enemy scaling. We would have told you in advance if that was the case. Whether or not you loved the easier enemies, it is simply not part of this and we have a lot of issues to solve before we can even begin that path.

We apologize for any undue stress the process of making changes causes - the host migration bugs are frustrating, and the changes sometimes not quick enough or too confusing, but we are still working on things!

Thanks everyone!

Now thats how you fix something broken and unfun, and make it fun. Im honestly excited to see if im capable to dealiing with level 280 solo, or atleat be able to reach that far. A great test non the less.

The overall improvemnts i see here are great and im excited to see it live.

14 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

-Ongoing improvements! Once Onslaught’s core functionality has been nailed down, we have several ideas on how to spice things up. The random environmental hazards we added yesterday are a good example of this. Warframe is no stranger to “live changes”, so hopefully this comes as no surprise to long-time players!

Yes please :)

Aside from that, all good news.

Whatever happened to removing the focus cap as mentioned a few Devstreams ago? As I recall, what Rebecca and the gang were talking about was basically: once you hit a soft cap (was going to be 250K like before), you'd have your focus gains reduced the further you go beyond 250K in a server day or something like that.

Here's the section in particular that I'm talking about.

Spoiler

FOCUS CHANGES

Since Focus 2.0 went out, we’ve heard a lot of feedback about how it feels to unlock nodes and gain Focus points, and it’s not what we wanted to hear. So, we’re smashing the system again. You will be given the opportunity to respec your schools once again.

Here’s a look at what’s changing:

We will be removing tree-specific Focus capacity and moving to one Universal capacity for all schools. This way it’ll be easier to move between Schools, like the Way-Bound passives already offer.

The daily Focus Point cap is also being removed and replaced with a curve. When you first start playing, you will receive a boost of Focus experience, with less being received the more that you farm. The point on the curve at which you receive diminishing returns will probably mirror the existing cap now. Instead of receiving no Focus points at all after this level, you’ll simply get less of them.

We’re experimenting with the boosted Focus gain in a few ways as well:

1 – Have the initial boost be tied to your Mastery Rank. The higher it is, the more you earn.

2 – Playing a range of different mission types will add to this booster, encouraging diversity when gaining Focus points. You can play the same mission over and over if you want, but venturing into other nodes on the Star Chart will give you a bonus.

The Focus System is here to address the “what’s beyond 30?” question – that is, what happens to the affinity you earn after levelling up all your gear? These changes are meant to benefit both players who passively gain Affinity in their journey in the Star Chart, as well as those who actively work towards meeting their daily cap.

Any word on that or did that get tossed into the garbage chute along with raids and Dark Sectors?

Thanks. Getting better

TBH, my view still stands on making the difficulty focus be the factions we fight, not efficiency. Efficiency should just be removed at this point to prevent fightning againts drain on delayed portals and other things.

I understand efficiency is there because you guys don't want us to go far. So why not just cap the zones instead of making so many of them that you know players are going to be fightning to get to all

Anyway, Thanks for listening!

19 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Plus, an added bonus: since Focus gain is an important aspect to this mode, we’re increasing the daily Focus cap! In addition to the base limit of 250,000, players will have an additional 5,000 cap room for each Mastery Rank they’ve achieved. This means an MR20 player will now have a total cap of 350,000.

gooood goooood

18 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

-More Efficiency tweaks! We are undoing the passive Efficiency drain increase that was added yesterday. Instead of 10x drain, the max drain will be 6x in both modes, just like it was at release. Furthermore, the Efficiency drain at the start of regular Onslaught has been reduced, allowing players to reach wave 8 more easily.

THANK YOU!  Seriously!  Thank you so much for seeing this problem and realizing it was stupid!

19 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

-Spawn flow fixes! We’re aware that every tile is not created equal, and will be watching for community complaints regarding a lack of enemies. The issue needs to be fixed manually by our level designers for each tile, so thanks for bearing with us as we continue tackling this issue over time. (friendly reminder: screenshots taken using F6 will contain “metadata” that helps our programmers identify the tile in question - please use for all forum bug reports!)

Thank you for acknowledging this issue. 

Much appreciated for looking into the issues and following up with a response. I've beaten a particular topic like a dead horse at this point so I won't try to restate what I already have in various posts through the forums. However, with yesterday's adjustments to Elite Onslaught, please look into whether it was "accidently" changed for normal onslaught as well. The enemies feel incredibly tanky for the level and zone I should be at. If it's intended, well that's fine and all--just follow up with a statement affirming such intentions, but if they are in fact an error, I would greatly appreciate a fix in a future patch.

20 минут назад, [DE]Connor сказал:

This means an MR20 player will now have a total cap of 350,000.

350,000 is a three focus pool points as it now for me. This is not a reason enough to craft and max out a bunch of mastery fodder weapons and frames. I will stick to my current MR, thank you very much, unless i find an actual reason to rank up. Maybe Riven mod for weapons i use, like Lanka.

Archived