Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ongoing Sanctuary Onslaught Recalibration

[DE]Connor

47 minutes ago, Hayde615 said:

Much appreciated for looking into the issues and following up with a response. I've beaten a particular topic like a dead horse at this point so I won't try to restate what I already have in various posts through the forums. However, with yesterday's adjustments to Elite Onslaught, please look into whether it was "accidently" changed for normal onslaught as well. The enemies feel incredibly tanky for the level and zone I should be at. If it's intended, well that's fine and all--just follow up with a statement affirming such intentions, but if they are in fact an error, I would greatly appreciate a fix in a future patch.

Yes, please do not forget normal mode. Less hardcore folks need something to do too.

BEFORE ANY OF THAT: We really need a fix for host migrations failing and causing all rewards to be lost. I'm still waiting to hear back from support about the Braton Vandal BP that was stolen from me by the buggy AF host migration system. 

If not for that one single bug this would be my favorite gamemode, but right now all it's giving me is a ton of undue stress.

2 minutes ago, Hayde615 said:

Sanctuary Onslaught is where we play by Simaris' rules. You already know by now the jist of our Khora plans, but we also have to do some tweaks to Onslaught.

Here's what we're doing with ELITE Sanctuary Onslaught!

Our plans with this are a bit tougher to map out succinctly because the mode still needs attention to fixes. However, some data has come back that we don't want to keep to ourselves.

Enemy scaling is broken. If things felt too easy compared to normal-gameplay, it's because they are. Take a look at the way an Infested Charger's health behaves - this discrepancy applies to all enemies, not just the Charger!:

The current post! You know, the one you currently commented on. You are quoting a previous post DE linked which is now soon to be outdated info bruh lol. 

58 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Plus, an added bonus: since Focus gain is an important aspect to this mode, we’re increasing the daily Focus cap! In addition to the base limit of 250,000, players will have an additional 5,000 cap room for each Mastery Rank they’ve achieved. This means an MR20 player will now have a total cap of 350,000.

Thank you. Really. I've had a lot of fun with this mode, until efficiency drained too fast for me to make any progress.
You guys work really hard, and most people just bash on you. Thank you so much for putting up with the community's salt-mines, this job you have moderating here cannot be easy, and you have more patience than I do for tolerating it.

--- A fan

You would've saved a LOT of grief on all sides if you had just said and done these things without the previous hotfix ever happening. Better late than never sure, but that you can kneejerk so hard and recklessly before turning around later with much more sensible solutions is one of DE's worst qualities.

2 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

The current post! You know, the one you currently commented on. You are quoting a previous post DE linked which is now soon to be outdated info bruh lol. 

Look, all I've been asking for (from anyone at DE really) is a confirmation of whether their upscaling changes were intended. I already linked you the original post of why I presume the change was in error. I'm not sure why you're here throwing words like "l2read" and "smh" and "bruh" like I'm trying to start some random internet fight with you. It's ridiculous and we're wasting precious posts here throwing fits at each other when valuable feedback could be provided by others.

Yes, I have read the OP by [DE]Connor and he does in fact state there are tweaks coming to onslaught--in the most general of sense. 

My point is very simple. If I'm building a caster frame specifically with the intent of range and ability strength, I expect (and do) generally kill enemies within 1-2 casts (maybe a third if they're an eximus/ancient unit). This trend generally continues when mobs are lower, up to the 30's, 40's, and generally by the time they're in the 50's this may or may not be an efficient matter depending on the type of enemy and whether I have primed mods, corrupted mods, etc. 

I SHOULD NOT have to cast an ult 7 times to kill an enemy on Zone 3 of a normal onslaught when they're only level 35. Something isn't right there.

3 minutes ago, Cryssoberyl said:

You would've saved a LOT of grief on all sides if you had just said and done these things without the previous hotfix ever happening. Better late than never sure, but that you can kneejerk so hard and recklessly before turning around later with much more sensible solutions is one of DE's worst qualities.

It's called testing.

Hmmmm, i like it, but

1. Some tweaks to the drop tables could be done, or just do a reward per zone, not 2.

2. Any love for singleplayer? As it stands now there is no difference between solo and full group Onslaught? Maybe lower drain / higher gain of efficiency when in solo? I can barely get to zone 6 Elite right now solo, in a group we can breeze to 12+, so no point in doing solo mode atm. Also a separate leaderboard for solo could be great.

Cheers.

Bring back simaris lore and tie it to number of community kills of specific enemy types in the sanctuary onslaughts. 

Also, 

Add in more of the simaris variants of weapons as rewards which can be purchased using simaris rep that would be earned through sanctuary. 

Please. And. Thank you. 

3 minutes ago, Hayde615 said:

Look, all I've been asking for (from anyone at DE really) is a confirmation of whether their upscaling changes were intended. I already linked you the original post of why I presume the change was in error. I'm not sure why you're here throwing words like "l2read" and "smh" and "bruh" like I'm trying to start some random internet fight with you. It's ridiculous and we're wasting precious posts here throwing fits at each other when valuable feedback could be provided by others.

Yes, I have read the OP by [DE]Connor and he does in fact state there are tweaks coming to onslaught--in the most general of sense. 

My point is very simple. If I'm building a caster frame specifically with the intent of range and ability strength, I expect (and do) generally kill enemies within 1-2 casts (maybe a third if they're an eximus/ancient unit). This trend generally continues when mobs are lower, up to the 30's, 40's, and generally by the time they're in the 50's this may or may not be an efficient matter depending on the type of enemy and whether I have primed mods, corrupted mods, etc. 

I SHOULD NOT have to cast an ult 7 times to kill an enemy on Zone 3 of a normal onslaught when they're only level 35. Something isn't right there.

Hey TBH, now that I am looking back at our convo history, I think we have a misunderstanding because you started by quoting a reply I made to someone else, not you. So I thought I was replying to the person on the front page who said "at wave 8 on normal sanctuary onslaught the eff timer was going as fast as if i were in wave 20
please fix :<"

I ask him if he read the notes of this current Original Post because the notes say they are fixing exactly what he is asking to be fixed.

So yeah, i don't know how you ended up continuing a convo with me that i started with someone else lol. So let's just forget this ever happened.

39 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

This is a lot closer to the right direction, thank you! I'll look forward to playtesting this more...

But please please please for the love of the game adjust Onslaught to not practically require meta-level AOE nuking in smaller groups. I like playing Saryn, etc... But I don't want to ALWAYS play Saryn, etc.

Mag, Equinox, Volt ?

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

Plus, an added bonus: since Focus gain is an important aspect to this mode, we’re increasing the daily Focus cap! In addition to the base limit of 250,000, players will have an additional 5,000 cap room for each Mastery Rank they’ve achieved. This means an MR20 player will now have a total cap of 350,000.

This is great, but what do I do with focus if I've maxed everything. Can we have a sink like you added at Quills?

How awesome, thank you.

So about Khora, hoping that I'll be able to take her out on the town after her zit is gone, any updates or word on how long until she will be usable?

PS- the whole zit thing is kind of old, is there ever going to be a way to get rid of it sooner or inoculate fresh frames? I'd seriously pay plat to not have to see another one of those. 

I see you haven't mentioned anything about enemy AI behaviour causing flow issues. Please consider taking a look at how enemies group around elite units, which by default have a proclivity of moving very slowly(Eximus/Tech/etc.) or staying at a distance(Nullifier). I've come across plenty of scenarios where I had Eximus units on the other side of the tile in a respawn corner being surrounded by normal units that chose to remain in formation rather than charging ahead.

Also, since this is an endless mode, why isn't the efficiency and/aren't the enemy spawn numbers adjusted like in interception, defense, survival and excavation?

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

-More Efficiency tweaks! We are undoing the passive Efficiency drain increase that was added yesterday. Instead of 10x drain, the max drain will be 6x in both modes, just like it was at release. Furthermore, the Efficiency drain at the start of regular Onslaught has been reduced, allowing players to reach wave 8 more easily.

-Enemy level increases at high levels! In Elite Onslaught, enemies will now scale up to level 280 by Zone 25, instead of being capped at 180. We still see Onslaught as a more bite-sized gameplay experience, but combined with the efficiency changes above, how far your team can last should be dictated slightly more by your ability to kill instead of hard numeric limits.

These changes are exactly what I was hoping for and what I also told my friends / clanmates as what I would like to see. For this, I shall reward you with:

+1000 respect points!

Thank you for doing this change.

Just now, -TSA-RedBeard said:

isn't this what a ptr would be excelent for? just throwing that out there

No because the way it is now you can test and get stuff while testing.

Having a "broken" gamemode is a good trade off for the above and more players testing.

Archived