Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ongoing Sanctuary Onslaught Recalibration

[DE]Connor

hey, i dunno if someone already adressed this topic.

at the moment there is no real weapon diversity because you need alot of kills per second. so the weapons of choice are high range melee weapons. but it would be nice if we would be able to use other weapons in onslaught. in an earlier devstream there was a score-multiplier for headshots but this wasn't implemented in the shipped build. 

how about this: lower the efficiency drain in every onslaught mode but also decrease the efficiency gain on melee kills and increase the efficiency gain on primary/secondary weapon kills. Headshot kills should have a higher efficiency gain (maybe doubled). this way you still should be able to "melee only" the onslaught mode but at the same time you could use your favourite primary/secondary weapon. dont get me wrong, i really enjoy to slaughter hordes of enemies with my guandao but somtimes i would like to use another type of weapons.^^

greetings o/ --> pls dont kill me for my bad english xD

Well, while farming them might be a nightmare, after you get them one time, they are practically worthless. I'm not sure how I feel about it, but I don't want their chances highered much. I don't need more credit caches.

Nevermind, just remembered that they don't drop in Elite anymore, so that'd not be a bad change.

Am i the only person who isnt receiving rewards after a host migration in onslaught? i reach zone 8 multiple times today but 90% of the time host migrated and i ended up with 0 rewards not even the focus gain was available

Heres a few ideas, 1 maybe remove the endo drops from the elite mode, the endo ammount is completely useless for the people running it (or anyone that is MR 10+ because of all the anasa scultpures they will be getting once they have been doing sorties for a while) and maybe skew the drop chances a bit to the captura and vandal weapons than the relics.

2. Please get rid of the simaris ability cooldowns, its just annoying and not a fun "challange" a fun challange would be if the levels ramped up faster again, or even more, and more modifiers, like some from the nightmare modes (but not energy drain mode in fact it would be best just to trash energy drain mode altogether, or heavily reduce the drain per second in that modifier), and make the enviormental hazards happen more often, but no ability cooldowns it just makes many of the minmaxed builds that people might want to stress test in a high level mission not be able to test it in there. Some other modifiers that can be added could be an earth quake one that makes everything, even enemies that are on the ground stagger that can be countered by jumping at the right time, or an orbital bombardment mode where you have to take cover or run, like in the keyla fight but with way less missles. or maybe a modifier that lets every enemy and player gain massively enhansed jumps and sprint speed. 

3.Ideas for rewards to replace some of the relics, some more captura scenes, like the amazing scene of uranus surface where you can see the ocean and all the light beams from grineer labs shooting into the sky, grineer rooms from the asteroid tile sets (like the docking area, bunks ect), and some of the larger grineer factory (ceres) tiles or that room from the old void raid tile (the thing that was replaced by survival in update 10). low chance drops for things like forma bundles and forma(completed) catalayst and reactor BPs ect (0.5-1.5 % chance maybe) 30 min random boosters ect.

1 hour ago, Ijaa-Aden said:

@[DE]Connor Anything about the hard case of "Host-leaving-no-reward-itis" ? Before any other tweaks, THIS is the main issue to be adressed !!!

this, lost a neuroptics due to the host leaving at 6 without telling us they were doing it.  Annoyed is an understatement seeing as it's the first one I've had since release.

I would prefer the portal no longer drains energy to 50, or at least give 50+5 times (unused mod capacity) as intended. It would be great if we keep our buffs too when we reach the other side as I see no reason why we would have this annoying handi-cap. It really is ruining my fun for onslaught and I believe once I get the rewards I need, the mode will be dead to me.

hace 23 horas, [DE]Connor dijo:

-Enemy level increases at high levels! In Elite Onslaught, enemies will now scale up to level 280 by Zone 25, instead of being capped at 180. We still see Onslaught as a more bite-sized gameplay experience, but combined with the efficiency changes above, how far your team can last should be dictated slightly more by your ability to kill instead of hard numeric limits.

How far our team can go with a mediocre "press-4-nuke-all-warframe" + whip? Thank you, but I will pass from this game mode.
We can't use our favorite warframes, our well modded weapons, our custom made zaws.
Until you don't fix the efficiency problem, the enemy spawn rate and the dumb AI, we will not go too far, sadly.

Okay I'm.... frustrated but going to try to exercise all of the patience I can.  I love this game and it makes me frustrated to see... tepidness.

DE please...

PASSIVES should not be Warframe mechanics.  If the Warframe controls SPACE and they can create a black hole, their passive should NOT BE "Can summon a black hole."

I know that's not the case but it's ALMOST the case!  Khora's passive was in my opinion one of her best benefits.  It encouraged for ONCE the choice between sentinel (And loot, which is the main focus of the game) and doubling up on armor, for longer runs, and in my opinion more entertaining builds.  I kind of liked the leap into battle, crazy cat lady, sadism.

Passives should be in addition to what the Warframe's abilities are.  We see this with Excalibur, Octavia, Volt (Even if it's... not great), Ember (Again not great) but these passives are not linked to the actual abilities.  Chroma is a prime example of this odd design choice and it's like nails down a chalk board.  PLEASE please, please reconsider how to handle future passives, and revert Khora's back.  Who... CARES that you're faster as long as your cat is out.  Her core mechanic is "I have a cat, THE WARFRAME,"  so... her passive is "You function with your cat, you're faster with cat, if your cat dies, cat comes back,"

Exalted Blade passive, exalted blade sheathes and then comes out.  While you have Exalted blade out, you can do damage.

I .. know I'm a touch salty on this topic but it's because I think Khora is a crap ton of fun and I even thought she was fun when she was "hot garbage".  She needed some nice touch ups but its almost as if you (DE) are afraid of making frames insanely overpowered at the cost of sensible, entertaining mechanics.  So please, please, please, restore the passive.

Khora already has a dash polarity for mods like Rush... Currently since Universal Vacuum (A terrible, terrible missed opportunity I cannot stress this enough) there is little benefit to taking a cat or dog because the game is a Looter Shooter and the primary focus is Looting and shooting.  Khora changed that a touch by allowing you to have TWO companions out with bonuses when you did!  That's fun!

DE you can do better than this and that's why I'm frustrated.  I love this company and I love this game but c'mon guys.  Am I the only one?  Am I taking all of the crazy pills!?

Il y a 6 heures, Blacque a dit :

Okay I'm.... frustrated but going to try to exercise all of the patience I can.  I love this game and it makes me frustrated to see... tepidness.

DE please...

PASSIVES should not be Warframe mechanics.  If the Warframe controls SPACE and they can create a black hole, their passive should NOT BE "Can summon a black hole."

I know that's not the case but it's ALMOST the case!  Khora's passive was in my opinion one of her best benefits.  It encouraged for ONCE the choice between sentinel (And loot, which is the main focus of the game) and doubling up on armor, for longer runs, and in my opinion more entertaining builds.  I kind of liked the leap into battle, crazy cat lady, sadism.

Passives should be in addition to what the Warframe's abilities are.  We see this with Excalibur, Octavia, Volt (Even if it's... not great), Ember (Again not great) but these passives are not linked to the actual abilities.  Chroma is a prime example of this odd design choice and it's like nails down a chalk board.  PLEASE please, please reconsider how to handle future passives, and revert Khora's back.  Who... CARES that you're faster as long as your cat is out.  Her core mechanic is "I have a cat, THE WARFRAME,"  so... her passive is "You function with your cat, you're faster with cat, if your cat dies, cat comes back,"

Exalted Blade passive, exalted blade sheathes and then comes out.  While you have Exalted blade out, you can do damage.

I .. know I'm a touch salty on this topic but it's because I think Khora is a crap ton of fun and I even thought she was fun when she was "hot garbage".  She needed some nice touch ups but its almost as if you (DE) are afraid of making frames insanely overpowered at the cost of sensible, entertaining mechanics.  So please, please, please, restore the passive.

Khora already has a dash polarity for mods like Rush... Currently since Universal Vacuum (A terrible, terrible missed opportunity I cannot stress this enough) there is little benefit to taking a cat or dog because the game is a Looter Shooter and the primary focus is Looting and shooting.  Khora changed that a touch by allowing you to have TWO companions out with bonuses when you did!  That's fun!

DE you can do better than this and that's why I'm frustrated.  I love this company and I love this game but c'mon guys.  Am I the only one?  Am I taking all of the crazy pills!?

Wrong topic bro.

Anyhow, Khora's passive gave her ~330 armor instead of 250 with Sentinel or Kavat equipped. Low enemies don't have the time to shoot at it and high level enemies see no differences, you get shred all the same. I agree speed passive isn't really useful but it seems more useful than her previous armor passive IMO.

I miss the mass killing from even a couple days ago...this scaling is so damn broken....

Onslaught LITERALLY brings out ALL the enemy design flaws...particularly the armor scaling AND energy leech spawns (INFESTED HAVE MORE THAN FIVE VERSIONS)

Do what you did to Mine ospreys...except limit them to ONE at a bloody time.

Hot Migration is still a big problem i just sent a ticket to hopefully get my rewards been chasing Lato Vandal Barrel for a few days the times i get it i lose it because some guy force leaves 

I'm hoping DE will add it to my inventory manually as it's not fair 

Lets remove efficiency and have the mode be based on whether or not you're capable of surviving the onslaught. Put a 100 kill requirment every stage while keeping the spawns as they are (should be easily doable for players while making them have to be able to kill the enemies).

hace 7 horas, Kalvorax dijo:

Onslaught LITERALLY brings out ALL the enemy design flaws...particularly the armor scaling AND energy leech spawns (INFESTED HAVE MORE THAN FIVE VERSIONS)

Yup, you can find almost the five versions of the infested energy leechers in one zone, and the scaling makes this hell for solo players with no maiming build.

Also, the enemies spawning with no aggro towards the tenno, just talking about their life, not runing at you. But its get worst on bigger maps, like the jungle on earth.

On 4/27/2018 at 4:46 AM, [DE]Connor said:

-

Wow... in zone 1 (normal) i have problem filling up my efficiency due to lack of efficiency gain per kill (thanks to no exmius), i have almost no difficulty in filling up my efficiency in elite mode (due to the whole spawn is almost 100% exmius which gives 1 to 2% efficiency per kill?)

Above is without those yellow core thingy.

I miss the original version of elite solo already. Atlas was punching only to zone 6 and was thinkin he could git gud and maybe reach zone 8. 

Now hes feelin inadequate, can only reach zone 3 in new version. Last i saw him he was headin to the wine shop.

Fun while it lasted tho.

The solo spawn rates/efficiency drain could do with being tweaked for Solo players.

I've just run 2 regular Onslaught runs with Mirage, Riven modded Gas Ogris (first run), Riven modded Amprex (second run) and a Riven + Condition Overload modded Cassowar (both runs).

Both runs ended just after starting Zone 8 - not even rotation C - despite the kill rate of such a loadout.

Currently, it feels as though Maiming Strike is the only option.

16 minutes ago, Prof_Blocks_007 said:

The solo spawn rates/efficiency drain could do with being tweaked for Solo players.

I've just run 2 regular Onslaught runs with Mirage, Riven modded Gas Ogris (first run), Riven modded Amprex (second run) and a Riven + Condition Overload modded Cassowar (both runs).

Both runs ended just after starting Zone 8 - not even rotation C - despite the kill rate of such a loadout.

Currently, it feels as though Maiming Strike is the only option.

That matches my experience with Onslaught as well so far.

Archived