Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ongoing Sanctuary Onslaught Recalibration

[DE]Connor

1 minute ago, Hayde615 said:

Much appreciated for looking into the issues and following up with a response. I've beaten a particular topic like a dead horse at this point so I won't try to restate what I already have in various posts through the forums. However, with yesterday's adjustments to Elite Onslaught, please look into whether it was "accidently" changed for normal onslaught as well. The enemies feel incredibly tanky for the level and zone I should be at. If it's intended, well that's fine and all--just follow up with a statement affirming such intentions, but if they are in fact an error, I would greatly appreciate a fix in a future patch.

This, I went from one shotting enemies to needing to empty an entire magazine of my Baza into the face of the weakest Grineer enemy. Seemed very off.

3 minutes ago, Hayde615 said:

Yes, and she along with the official notes stated it was adjusted for elite only.

No it doesn't. It clearly says adjustments are being made for both modes. Seriously, Read the original post properly before giving feedback. smh 

This is a lot closer to the right direction, thank you! I'll look forward to playtesting this more...

But please please please for the love of the game adjust Onslaught to not practically require meta-level AOE nuking in smaller groups. I like playing Saryn, etc... But I don't want to ALWAYS play Saryn, etc.

30 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

The biggest issue we had to overcome was a nasty case of “bad scaling-itis” - perhaps a cruel trick from Simaris. Read more details about that situation here:

Um... wouldn't you say the host migration bug is/was a bigger issue...

Great post from you guys.

18 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

-More Efficiency tweaks! We are undoing the passive Efficiency drain increase that was added yesterday. Instead of 10x drain, the max drain will be 6x in both modes, just like it was at release. Furthermore, the Efficiency drain at the start of regular Onslaught has been reduced, allowing players to reach wave 8 more easily.

THANK YOU so much for this. 

19 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

-Enemy level increases at high levels! In Elite Onslaught, enemies will now scale up to level 280 by Zone 25, instead of being capped at 180. We still see Onslaught as a more bite-sized gameplay experience, but combined with the efficiency changes above, how far your team can last should be dictated slightly more by your ability to kill instead of hard numeric limits.

This is a much better way to do the bite-sized content thing. Much better than crippling efficiency! 

19 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

-Spawn flow fixes! We’re aware that every tile is not created equal, and will be watching for community complaints regarding a lack of enemies. The issue needs to be fixed manually by our level designers for each tile, so thanks for bearing with us as we continue tackling this issue over time. (friendly reminder: screenshots taken using F6 will contain “metadata” that helps our programmers identify the tile in question - please use for all forum bug reports!)

Yeah I can understand why it's taking so long. Appreciate the honesty on it taking a while! If I run anymore I'll be sure to post screen caps, assuming you guys want them in support or bug reports.

21 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

-Ongoing improvements! Once Onslaught’s core functionality has been nailed down, we have several ideas on how to spice things up. The random environmental hazards we added yesterday are a good example of this. Warframe is no stranger to “live changes”, so hopefully this comes as no surprise to long-time players!

While I haven't encountered these environmental hazards, I do appreciate the spice. Just going around with an Atterax can get taxing after a while, so I appreciate the efforts going towards this. Can't wait to hear more!

22 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

Plus, an added bonus: since Focus gain is an important aspect to this mode, we’re increasing the daily Focus cap! In addition to the base limit of 250,000, players will have an additional 5,000 cap room for each Mastery Rank they’ve achieved. This means an MR20 player will now have a total cap of 350,000.

I LOVE THIS CHANGE! Since I've been using the mode to work more on focus, as a Vet who usually runs Greater or Eidolon lenses on focus farming gear, I can greatly appreciate the increase.This also means there's more reason to keep playing for peeps since there's more focus to be gained. 

23 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

One final comment about enemy scaling - this game mode won't be the place where we tackle that. Apologies if anyone felt this was a secret experiment for enemy scaling. We would have told you in advance if that was the case. Whether or not you loved the easier enemies, it is simply not part of this and we have a lot of issues to solve before we can even begin that path.

We apologize for any undue stress the process of making changes causes - the host migration bugs are frustrating, and the changes sometimes not quick enough or too confusing, but we are still working on things!

Thanks everyone!

Once again, very understandable. Scaling in the game is busted everywhere, so I appreciate the acknowledgement. As for the undue stress, I feel like you guys handled this the best you could given the chaos of yesterday's hotfix. Can't wait for the changes to host migration and such! 

One last note though: Even with the efficiency changes and the enemy scaling, I still feel like we should get 1 reward per zone. I find in pub lobbies people don't want to stay long, so having a rotation per zone would further help that bite-sized ideal you guys have for this. This way, Zone 4 becomes the new rotation C. This will also help peeps who want to solo sometimes (like myself) be able to obtain the C rotation. Then, going past Zone 4 is for those who want to risk the efficiency drain and enemy levels. It would also be a wonderful way to entice even more people to keep playing, with a steady stream of rewards. 

Furthermore, I still feel like the Vandal parts in Elite need to be at least 5% drop chance instead of 2% and 3%. It's a simple 2-3 percent addition that will go a long way. You can keep the Captura scenes at 3% however, because those will always be welcomed additions. As is right now, the Vandals are really tedious to farm with the 2-zone-1-reward thing going on, and the drop chances of the parts really doesn't help that case. 

Also, and this might sound crazy, but I feel like Khora parts should come back to Elite's drop tables and some of the relics be removed. Like, keep the relics of the current Prime Access in there, but also let people have an option to farm Khora outside regular mode. The main reason I bring this up is for Vets who find the regular mode boring, like myself and some others I play with. This also lets us kill 2 birds with 1 stone. 

Overall wonderful post, love the snappy response to everything, and really looking forward to seeing what you guys do from here on out with Onslaught! 

il y a 34 minutes, [DE]Connor a dit :

Plus, an added bonus: since Focus gain is an important aspect to this mode, we’re increasing the daily Focus cap! In addition to the base limit of 250,000, players will have an additional 5,000 cap room for each Mastery Rank they’ve achieved. This means an MR20 player will now have a total cap of 350,000.

A bit before 2018 you guys said you were about to remove entirely the daily cap, and rework daily tribute.

Guess none of these things are happening.

il y a 2 minutes, LSG501 a dit :

Um... wouldn't you say the host migration bug is/was a bigger issue...

funny, that's what I was expecting the end of the sentence to be, guess we'll keep having dozens of threads every day about that

First off, I would like to apologize for the rather direct language employed on the Hotfix 18.7 post as I felt that sort of aggressive language felt too damaging and unnecessary.

Second and most importantly, we are grateful that both (players & developers) would be able to reflect upon their mistakes to undo to any further consequences.

Consequence to consequence brings (us) to you.

49 minutes ago, [DE]Connor said:

-Enemy level increases at high levels! In Elite Onslaught, enemies will now scale up to level 280 by Zone 25, instead of being capped at 180. We still see Onslaught as a more bite-sized gameplay experience, but combined with the efficiency changes above, how far your team can last should be dictated slightly more by your ability to kill instead of hard numeric limits.

Hello, 

I want to ask something about this. Especially the part that says " how far your team can last should be dictated slightly more by your ability to kill instead of hard numeric limits."

How does this solve the issue of forcing players to use very specific frames, weapons and slide attacks just to be able to mass clear a map instead of using frames, weapons and abilities we actually find fun?

Just now, [DE]Connor said:

Who cares? You cut the focus from Onslaught in half.

Could you look at the statistics for adaro the last 24 hours and compare them to the 24 hours before that? Onslaught a place to get focus? Now it's not.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

il y a 50 minutes, [DE]Connor a dit :

-Enemy level increases at high levels! In Elite Onslaught, enemies will now scale up to level 280 by Zone 25, instead of being capped at 180

Uhm...I don't know if you people are aware, but...well...armor scaling is generally quite overpowered, and rank 280 Grineer are going to be a real problem ? That's not to mention the potential for instakilling...

This is just going to pigeonhole elite mode even more towards game-breaking, overpowered boring builds, and sure enough, it is going to be utterly unsustainable. A cap of 180 is pretty alright for a squad of veterans, I think that can be handled...maybe...? Maybe not. Bad idea in any case. 150 should be the upper limit.

While I appreciate the effort to give an alternative to dreadfully boring Focus Farming methods, I still don't like the idea that Focus is relegated to a few limited, very repetative activities when it should be easily attainable across the entire game. Now instead of Adaro and Tridolons, it's Onslaught and Tridolons. I see little real change in the mentality behind Focus farming.

il y a 1 minute, trndr a dit :

Who cares? You cut the focus from Onslaught in half.

Could you look at the statistics for adaro the last 24 hours and compare them to the 24 hours before that? Onslaught a place to get focus? Now it's not.

I'm not angry, I'm just disappointed.

This is not even true .. The affinity loss is around 6% .. which is minimal .. and if you dont believe me .. Read on the wiki how much level affect the affinity.. There is a point where level dont matter that much ..

25 minutes ago, ShinTechG said:

No it doesn't. It clearly says adjustments are being made for both modes. Seriously, Read the original post properly before giving feedback. smh 

Sanctuary Onslaught is where we play by Simaris' rules. You already know by now the jist of our Khora plans, but we also have to do some tweaks to Onslaught.

Here's what we're doing with ELITE Sanctuary Onslaught!

Our plans with this are a bit tougher to map out succinctly because the mode still needs attention to fixes. However, some data has come back that we don't want to keep to ourselves.

Enemy scaling is broken. If things felt too easy compared to normal-gameplay, it's because they are. Take a look at the way an Infested Charger's health behaves - this discrepancy applies to all enemies, not just the Charger!:

Source

EDIT: Will even provide a link in case you presume that's "made up". 

Archived