[DE]Connor

Ongoing Sanctuary Onslaught Recalibration

vor 29 Minuten schrieb starMute:

Uhm...I don't know if you people are aware, but...well...armor scaling is generally quite overpowered, and rank 280 Grineer are going to be a real problem ? That's not to mention the potential for instakilling...

This is just going to pigeonhole elite mode even more towards game-breaking, overpowered boring builds, and sure enough, it is going to be utterly unsustainable. A cap of 180 is pretty alright for a squad of veterans, I think that can be handled...maybe...? Maybe not. Bad idea in any case. 150 should be the upper limit.

Veterans would bring 4 CP. But you are a Veteran since you're complaining. So I am sure you know that :)

• Like 1

It's nice to see you guys working hard and correcting hiccups when they happen. Knew the people's complaints wouldn't fall on deaf ears, thanks for proving that. :satisfied:

31 minutes ago, starMute said:

Uhm...I don't know if you people are aware, but...well...armor scaling is generally quite overpowered, and rank 280 Grineer are going to be a real problem ? That's not to mention the potential for instakilling...

This is just going to pigeonhole elite mode even more towards game-breaking, overpowered boring builds, and sure enough, it is going to be utterly unsustainable. A cap of 180 is pretty alright for a squad of veterans, I think that can be handled...maybe...? Maybe not. Bad idea in any case. 150 should be the upper limit.

There are enough frames that can remove armour.

1 hour ago, [DE]Connor said:

In Elite Onslaught, enemies will now scale up to level 280 by Zone 25, instead of being capped at 180. We still see Onslaught as a more bite-sized gameplay experience,

That's fine.  However, DE needs to be aware one of the key reasons there is so much backlash over Onslaught is because Survival as a game mode has been flawed from the get go.  Onslaught is a better Survival than Survival itself and if the backlash is any metric to go by, a lot of players want a pure combat mode where the only goal is literally pure survival and combat with no arbitrary objectives to satisfy.

For starters, have the person(s) that designed survival explain life support from a narrative/logistical point of view.  My guess?  They won't be able to.  There are so many gross logistical suspensions of disbelief that have to occur to explain life support that it's not an exaggeration to say Survival (as it is now) is a textbook definition of cognitive dissonance.  Why don't we have survival on planets?  Because someone had to realize that the ridiculous premise of life support is just too much to suspend disbelief on a planet.  

Change Survival to actually live up to its name and make actual sense and I promise you the backlash over Onslaught will die down.

il y a 7 minutes, Simmml a dit :

Veterans would bring 4 CP. But you are a Veteran since you're complaining. So I am sure you know that :)

Right, I kinda forgot.

They'll still have way out-of-whack damage. Cheese shall be fought with cheese, I predict, and it's going to be boring, and I probably want nothing to do with that.

Also, 4 cps just negate the whole mechanic, rendering it moot. I'd much rather play with it than bypass it entirely.

il y a 6 minutes, kylooooren a dit :

There are enough frames that can remove armour.

Soooo, I should be forced to play those and not what I'd like ? Onslaught is already limited enough as it is without narrowing it even further. Guaranteed, it's going to become the same as Tridolons : the community will decide that a squad of such and such frames, and no others, is the best and only acceptable way to run, and then that's all Onslaught will be forever. There will be very little room for innovation. That's not a world I want to live in :c

Edited by starMute
  • Like 1

One final comment about enemy scaling - this game mode won't be the place where we tackle that. Apologies if anyone felt this was a secret experiment for enemy scaling. We would have told you in advance if that was the case. Whether or not you loved the easier enemies, it is simply not part of this and we have a lot of issues to solve before we can even begin that path

This is the bit that really needs fixing.  Grineer and some Corrupted enemies need half a magazine to kill from some weapons becuase of the insane armor scaling while Infested and Corpus drop dead from a dirty glance.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, starMute said:

Soooo, I should be forced to play those and not what I'd like ? Onslaught is already limited enough as it is without narrowing it even further. Guaranteed, it's going to become the same as Tridolons : the community will decide that a squad of such and such frames, and no others, is the best and only acceptable way to run, and then that's all Onslaught will be forever. There will be very little room for innovation. That's not a world I want to live :c

You either gonna accept that you can't do a long run or you can choose to pick the right frame.

vor 1 Minute schrieb starMute:

Right, I kinda forgot.

They'll still have way out-of-whack damage. Cheese shall be fought with cheese, I predict, and it's going to be boring, and I probably want nothing to do with that.

Also, 4 cps just negate the whole mechanic, rendering it moot. I'd much rather play with it than bypass it entirely.

Soooo, I should be forced to play those and not what I'd like ? Onslaught is already limited enough as it is without narrowing it even further. Guaranteed, it's going to become the same as Tridolons : the community will decide that a squad of such and such frames, and no others, is the best and only acceptable way to run, and then that's all Onslaught will be forever. There will be very little room for innovation. That's not a world I want to live :c

Bring CP and you can use whatever. Enemies without armor fall over if you sneeze at them. Maybe you just need to double check your builds. And on a sidenote: There's specific frames for a job for a reason. Your request feels a bit 'I know I need a butcher, but a painter should do fine too'

• Satisfied 1

2 minutes ago, Jorak_Falconstar said:

This is the bit that really needs fixing.  Grineer and some Corrupted enemies need half a magazine to kill from some weapons becuase of the insane armor scaling while Infested and Corpus drop dead from a dirty glance.

Corpus do a S#&$ ton more damage.

2 minutes ago, kylooooren said:

No because the way it is now you can test and get stuff while testing.

Having a "broken" gamemode is a good trade off for the above and more players testing.

I'm sorry but i really disagree on that. The amount of anger and disappointment produced by the latest hotfixes due to not getting rewards after dc's or host migrations, the game mode not working at all or and perhaps specially due to the direction that was announced yesterday, which was absolutely turning people away, does not justify when compared to the data DE can have gotten from it.

Tons of Content Creators, Partners, and veterans offered to playtest the S#&$ out of upcoming content to polish it. There is really no need to make the community as a whole go through a process like this.

I mean let's realtalk here for a second, the insight DE gained from the past days, showed them very very clearly that the direction their hotfixes and changes were heading was the complete opposite of what the community wanted from the gamemode. You really don't need to piss off thousands of people to get to this conclusion. A few experienced players could have told you that after thinking about the changes for a few minutes.

Don't get me wrong, I love warframe and will always support the game, just like i have in the past 5 years. But what i really believe is that all this trouble could have been avoided.

Cheers

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, kylooooren said:

Corpus do a S#&$ ton more damage.

they have the potential to do more damage, yes.

they cant do damage when the die a second after spawning however which usually what happens

2 minutes ago, DiabolusUrsus said:

Let's not be obtuse, please.

The issue I think revolves around the core gameplay of onslaught and its current efficiency issue (which they are looking into). When the idea of progressing into the next portal requires you to kill as many enemies as humanly possible--and this becomes much of an issue as it progresses, you're effectively "forced" to use a frame that revolves around their ult or some other ability that's effective like Saryn's spore. So people in generally will likely call "nerf, nerf, nerf" to frame abilities...but all that really does is ruin the niche of the frame, and not fix the efficiency part in general.

I don't have a good solution to be honest, not different than what's already been posted. If it's not ability-based warframe spamming, it's something like an Amprex or Maiming Strike spam. I think the core mechanic of Onslaught should be how well you can survive, on top of how well you can kill, not just simply, "Can I annihilate every enemy on the map in 1 cast?" We just have to be careful about shifting the meta to another set of frames; I don't think we'll ever in be in a position where every frame is viable, simply because every frame does something a little different. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

1 minute ago, Hayde615 said:

I think the core mechanic of Onslaught should be how well you can survive, on top of how well you can kill,

There is a game mode that works that way, I can't quite recall its name.

Well at least it seems way better than the current state.

Im looking forward to test it

Sadly Focus got no use for me as a Vetean anyway with full trees, but Onslaugh reads like it could be fun now.

Thank you for your friendly choice of words. I appreciate it.

• Like 1

The random environmental hazards we added yesterday are a good example of this

After zone 2 or 3, the Ceres tileset with Corrupted, magnetic bubble and low gravity... the low gravity is carried over to all subsequent zones. Is that a bug or intended? 

1 hour ago, SPARTANXG117 said:

Whatever happened to removing the focus cap as mentioned a few Devstreams ago? As I recall, what Rebecca and the gang were talking about was basically: once you hit a soft cap (was going to be 250K like before), you'd have your focus gains reduced the further you go beyond 250K in a server day or something like that.

Here's the section in particular that I'm talking about.

Reveal hidden contents

FOCUS CHANGES

Since Focus 2.0 went out, we’ve heard a lot of feedback about how it feels to unlock nodes and gain Focus points, and it’s not what we wanted to hear. So, we’re smashing the system again. You will be given the opportunity to respec your schools once again.

Here’s a look at what’s changing:

We will be removing tree-specific Focus capacity and moving to one Universal capacity for all schools. This way it’ll be easier to move between Schools, like the Way-Bound passives already offer.

The daily Focus Point cap is also being removed and replaced with a curve. When you first start playing, you will receive a boost of Focus experience, with less being received the more that you farm. The point on the curve at which you receive diminishing returns will probably mirror the existing cap now. Instead of receiving no Focus points at all after this level, you’ll simply get less of them.

We’re experimenting with the boosted Focus gain in a few ways as well:

1 – Have the initial boost be tied to your Mastery Rank. The higher it is, the more you earn.

2 – Playing a range of different mission types will add to this booster, encouraging diversity when gaining Focus points. You can play the same mission over and over if you want, but venturing into other nodes on the Star Chart will give you a bonus.

The Focus System is here to address the “what’s beyond 30?” question – that is, what happens to the affinity you earn after levelling up all your gear? These changes are meant to benefit both players who passively gain Affinity in their journey in the Star Chart, as well as those who actively work towards meeting their daily cap.

Any word on that or did that get tossed into the garbage chute along with raids and Dark Sectors?

You have that backwards, what they wanted to do was make getting to 250k easier based on how much you have played, and then allow the player to go beyond 250k.

Removing "fixes" you've only recently added to the gamemode isn't improvement.. What exactly are you guys planning with onslaught

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Husla said:

Removing "fixes" you've only recently added to the gamemode isn't improvement.. What exactly are you guys planning with onslaught

It's called trying something and realising it's not working out.

now that u guys are aiming to fix onslaught of enemies scale / spawn rate / efficency drain but im more worry about host migration that tend to screw us all over if the host left

Edited by ZzVinniezZ

This looks good. Should put the mode in a better place for the finer critiques of tiles and spawns. Upping the later levels and lowering the efficiency drain are good calls. It's much better to get beaten senseless by enemies than watching efficiency tick down with nothing to fight.

1 hour ago, MunsuLight said:

Allelujah .. You listened to the community feedback from yesterday .. (I,m sorry for all the hateful comment you received from others) 

Respectful person using my glyph. That is what I like to see GOOD JOB :D 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

how far your team can last should be dictated slightly more by your ability to kill instead of hard numeric limits.

Can the rewards reflect this? Otherwise what's the point in trying, C and out.

• Upvote 1