Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ongoing Sanctuary Onslaught Recalibration

[DE]Connor

10 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

Plus, an added bonus: since Focus gain is an important aspect to this mode, we’re increasing the daily Focus cap! In addition to the base limit of 250,000, players will have an additional 5,000 cap room for each Mastery Rank they’ve achieved. This means an MR20 player will now have a total cap of 350,000.

While the increase is nice and all.  Since you are changing the cap, can we just get it made into a weekly cap instead (say 2,000,000 ish + 20,000 * MR bonus),  which makes it much more friendly to everyone, not just great for those players that can play every day but only decent for anyone else.

There's is only one Beasts of the Senctuary issue that should be put above the rest. Forget about fixes and tweaks and just fix the HIST MIGRATION ISSUE PLEASE. 

I've lost countless xp and rewards because of this. If a host disconnects then the rest of the team is screwed, since we cannot continue and we are left stuck in the host migration screen. 

I see 2 short term solutions for this. 

1) Like void fissure missiins, we could still get the rewards even when forced to close the game. 

2) Allow clients to keep track of rewards so that if the host migrates, a new host will already have the data ready and the switch would be easier. 

Anyway, I don't know how  easy or difficult this would be to implement. 

PS. Fix HOST MIGRATION ISSUE IN BEASTS OF THE SENCTUARY 

did y'all know that awful people are intentionally host migrating to artificially inflate the plat price of braton and lato vandal parts?

because they are! they're making use of that system for nefarious purposes.

all they have to do is turn airplane mode on for 3 seconds, which desyncs the game, and the person who did this gets to keep everything they got while leaving everyone else rewardless.

so if you've been feeling like host migration has been especially cruel, that's the market forces at work.

Hi,

Thanks, changes mentioned in the OP seem a step in the right direction.

Even though you mentioned that you want this gamemode to stay shorter than some older gamemodes I hope you find a balance that still leaves room for people to really push the limits in this gamemode if they want it. In my opinion this working depends highly on balancing the spawn amounts with the efficiency decay capping at an appropriate level.

PS. I would really love to have some changes to Kuva Survival. And this is the Kuva reward scaling.

I would suggest the following approach to the scaling of the Kuva rewards.

• Set a certain mission duration at which the Kuva reward starts scaling up (or maybe rather amount of life support nodes used for Kuva). This will mean that there is some challenge or small requirement for you to get more Kuva than normal and that you have to spend sometime before you can reap the rewards.
  • The Kuva scaling could stop at some point and stick at that level for the rest of the run (after first scaling up several times). Other option would be set different scaling amounts for a time range, meaning that for after a certain amount of Life supported nodes (converted to Kuva) the Kuva reward scales up and stays on that level for certain amount of nodes and yet again at some other later treshold the Kuva reward again scales up.

Please DE :)  :thumbup::clem::thumbup:

13 hours ago, AuroraSonicBoom said:

Also, since this is an endless mode,?

OK not trying to pick a fight I'm curious. Why do people keep saying this? DE has been very clear that this is NOT supposed to be endless. They've said in every post they want it to be over fast. Where is this idea that it's supposed to be endless coming from? Can you link a post or something?

6 minutes ago, GOLDNROD said:

OK not trying to pick a fight I'm curious. Why do people keep saying this? DE has been very clear that this is NOT supposed to be endless. They've said in every post they want it to be over fast. Where is this idea that it's supposed to be endless coming from? Can you link a post or something?

It's theoretically endless, it's just much harder to progress for a long time thanks to the pressure of the efficiency meter. Just because it's endless, doesn't mean someone expects they'll spend 10+ hours in it.

16 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

-Ongoing improvements! Once Onslaught’s core functionality has been nailed down, we have several ideas on how to spice things up. The random environmental hazards we added yesterday are a good example of this. Warframe is no stranger to “live changes”, so hopefully this comes as no surprise to long-time players!

Let normal onslaught be without the spice, for players to adapt to it first.

While elite onslaught will be spiced up all the way to the top. So hardcore players can push & test their limits (human, personal, mental limits).

57 minutes ago, LuminousShot said:

It's theoretically endless, it's just much harder to progress for a long time thanks to the pressure of the efficiency meter. Just because it's endless, doesn't mean someone expects they'll spend 10+ hours in it.

I watched the Dev stream where it was announced. Rebecca said on that steam their intent was for it to end, and quickly. In all the posts they make they've reiterated that point by saying they want it to be a quick play mode that it's the exact opposite of endless. I'm just trying to figure out of they contradicted themselves somewhere? Or is all this endless talk must wishful thinking? 

Could you please increase enemy spawn rates for solo players. Some of us can't play squads due to factors that are out of our control and its frustrating for less experienced solo players who can't perform as well as what other squads of both experienced and inexperienced players are able to do

The focus cap change are very welcomed, if you guys can fix the issue with host migration(the game should save the progress after each zone, so even if the host migration occurs and fail and we get sent back to the orbiter we wont lose everything) and the portals not appearing(an easy fix for this would be disabling efficancy drain and gain as soon the timer reaches 0 untill someone go through the portal)

17 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

-- snip -

appreciate the consistent feedback. however, if this is supposed to be your "bite sized" game mode, where is the endurance, challenging mode for vets???

clearly you don't want it to be survival/def, since the rewards are nonexistent for staying in.

17 hours ago, [DE]Connor said:

-Spawn flow fixes! The issue needs to be fixed manually by our level designers for each tile, so thanks for bearing with us as we continue tackling this issue over time. (friendly reminder: screenshots taken using F6 will contain “metadata” that helps our programmers identify the tile in question - please use for all forum bug reports!)

Is the F6 thing common knowledge? This is my first time hearing about that feature (I'm MR24). That's pretty cool, and I'll be sure to use this in future reports

It's also really interesting to know that manual intervention is required for the spawn rates...I wouldn't have guessed that, as I was assuming there's some magic slider somewhere for that lol.

I noticed that [DE]Connor didn't say the host migration bug was fixed :sadcry: I was really hoping for progress on this, but as long as they're "working on it" that's cool and I appreciate the feedback from DE.

Last thing, Kudos on raising the focus cap. Looks like they listened to our feedback about either increasing the flow or raising the cap. Kinda wish they would have gone with the first one though.

Ok, this was the idea I pitched here is the Forums AND what DE originally said it would be:

Now, I can't say that THIS was the original (or the inception) of (what was at the time) Void Onslaught, but was happy that it was going to happen and that people all over the World would have a chance to play something invented by little old me, a Community member... I even contacted DE to say that it would be nice if pitched ideas from members worked a bit like Tennogen (you know people that helped developed the game that much further should be compensated)... Now, I don't know if this scared them or if there was some other reason, (like little could/would ever...), but somehow they decided to change (pratically) everything.

And those changes messed up everything: It was changed from exterminate to survival; it has very little modifiers; they even the "mid-bosses"; etc... Even radiant relics rewards are one step away from prime parts (thus fully returning to Void mission mode - not that I'm against, mind you).

So, what if instead of an efficiency dial and a timer, we just had a enemy counter (like exterminate) and when that counter is full the portal would happear... You know like "endless exterminate" that DE promised. Also, this would bypass the efficiency/spawn-fast-enough problems. In adition, this mode would have a Time Trial aspect to it, where you would try to go thru as many levels in either 20m or 50 minutes.

Also, since this goes up to zone 25 (or maybe higher?) it would be cool if we could use "keys" to jump ahead a certain number of levels... We could use (good'old) Void Keys (would have to call it something else, probably) to that effect (e.g.: Key 1 start at zone 5 | key 2 - zone 10 | key 3 - 15 | key 4 - 20)... Resources necessary I leave to your discretion, but the Key bps would only drop AFTER completing said level, thus encouraging players to stay longer.

In adition, this is a Simaris mission with NO simaris reward(s)? It would be nice if we could (also) earn simaris points and if there where NEW rewards to strive for. E.g.: peculiar mods, simaris skins (weapons and/or frames), syndana, armor (you already have it for Conclave...)

This mission mode was suposed to be the new Endgame, something everyone could try alone or has a team, but sadly, rewards are not captivating, and even goin for the diaper run is deturent for many players.

My beef is simple with this game mode. People with crappy computers cause the portal to spawn slowly and the timer continues to run completely screwing over a run. If that doesnt happen then hosts leave when ever with out saying anything and kills all rewards for the rest of the group. In my experience half of the runs I have been in are screwed over by either of these. Its just not worth while running unless you solo but spawns on some maps are pretty crappy so soloing can be irritating.

please remove the portal to next zone completion and replace with a completion choice menu like defence mission. its very annoying I had to run a distance to it when it is spawned up stairs and got lost in the process due to the bloody obstacles around and large map thus missed my jump. 

thanks

I am definitely happy with higher enemy level scaling for Elite mode and slower Efficiency decay. I have posted this at other feedback threads for Onslaught as well, but I'll just reiterate. Can we have zero self-revives for Elite Sanctuary Onslaught? This would be another way to keep the gameplay bite-sized by giving some focus on survivability. If a team lets their teammate(s) die, they have fewer players to kill fast. If players are unable to survive anymore and needs to constantly revive their teammates, they cannot kill fast too. Increased enemy difficulty paired with zero revives will keep this mode bite-sized. Please let this happen, let the hardcore mode be hardcore, thanks.

I really like these changes! Great step in the right direction.

However, Increasing the focus cap seems pointless as you cut the focus gains. So now we have a higher cap.. that's still not really reach able.. which defeats the whole purpose of their being a daily cap to begin with. On the first day of Onslaught's release.. I was able to hit the cap for the first time since starting playing. With a sub-optimal frame for the mode! I didn't have to do a mission using a specific frame and strategy.. just played a fun mode that had a reason for endgame players to play it. Now that seems to be gone.

Personally, I dont think efficiency will ever be a good solution.

I would rather see the leaderboard simply be most kills in Elite mode.

• Mode hard capped at 25 waves
  • The faster you kill the faster they increase in Level - and remove the 280 cap. similar to survival but much faster scaling. Ie in survival for example at  3 hours if i was murdering everything, they might be level 2500, but if i was killing the bare minimum to get life support they might only be level 1800.
  • No self revives - limit to team revives - maybe 3.  And once you're dead, you're dead.

Archived