The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Onslaught Survival Hard Mode isn't just the place for Focus

MadMaximoff

It's also the place for leveling weapons too! Leveled my Hysterix from 1-30 without using it in a single run then from 1-30 again after Formaing it in the next run. 

Some might think that leech behaviour, it wasn't as I didn't use the Hysterix, used my fully leveled Amprex and melee through both runs. 

Each run took about 20 minutes 

5 minutes ago, DogManDan said:

many different missions do the same not just onlsaught

You can max one weapon in one zone of Elite or multiple weapons in a few zones which is faster than 10 waves of Hydron. Not to mention that you get Radiant Relics as well as a chance at Lato and Braton Vandal Parts. OP is not wrong that Onslaught is an excellent way to level.

Edited by --Q--Voltage

3 minutes ago, --Q--Voltage said:

You can max one weapon in one zone of Elite or multiple weapons in a few zones which is faster than 10 waves of Hydron. Not to mention that you get Radiant Relics as well as a chance at Lato and Braton Vandal Parts. OP is not wrong that Onslaught is an excellent way to level.

Yep that's what I'm angling at, the exp gain is pretty fast making it excellent for leveling weapons plus you actually get to do stuff instead of watching a Banshee smash 4 over and over 

3 hours ago, MadMaximoff said:

Yep that's what I'm angling at, the exp gain is pretty fast making it excellent for leveling weapons plus you actually get to do stuff instead of watching a Banshee smash 4 over and over 

The last like 3 non-elite onslaught runs have been banshee smashing 4 over and over while a saryn presses 1. That being said, I'm never going back to non-elite given my khora farm is done.

5 hours ago, --Q--Voltage said:

I never said the OP was wrong in my comment, I just mentioned there are several ways about doing it. Not sure why you follow me around and constantly try to take apart or skew my comments every time I post.

I tried leveling the Hystrix after putting a Forma into it at Elite Onslaught and Hydron is no where near as good for leveling up as Elite Onslaught. In 4 or 5 Zones, it would be at lvl 19. I have to do 2 Round 10 runs on Hydron to reach the same level.

I'd much rather see elite Onslaught limited to only level 30 gear.  3 of my 6 Elite runs tonight had at least 2 people without a single level 30 weapons that ended with less than 100 kills.

1 of my runs had 3 people without a single 30 weapon.  

If we are going to call it end game content, lets make it end game and not a place for leeches to level their mastery fodder. 

6 hours ago, Liberty83 said:

I'd much rather see elite Onslaught limited to only level 30 gear.  3 of my 6 Elite runs tonight had at least 2 people without a single level 30 weapons that ended with less than 100 kills.

1 of my runs had 3 people without a single 30 weapon.  

If we are going to call it end game content, lets make it end game and not a place for leeches to level their mastery fodder. 

I agree. It won't be long before this mission is spammed for the easy affinity almost exclusively. 

The balance seems off. I'm not sure if they truly intended to become a go to leveling spot. It's very efficient.

Edited by Hypernaut1

I never run elite onslaught with less than max level gear because then I do feel like I am leeching, but normal onslaught I will take a whole set of unranked weapons and then just a frame that I can amp damage with to help my team somehow (like my beloved Nova Prime).

On 4/27/2018 at 2:24 AM, MadMaximoff said:

It's also the place for leveling weapons too! Leveled my Hysterix from 1-30 without using it in a single run then from 1-30 again after Formaing it in the next run. 

Some might think that leech behaviour, it wasn't as I didn't use the Hysterix, used my fully leveled Amprex and melee through both runs. 

Each run took about 20 minutes 

Not leeching at all, you were killing things, and thus in the case of Onslaught, contributing to your team.