Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rage Builds playing with Octavia. A little gripe.

2ply

Hello,

I'm a little upset, I'll be honest.

For CLARIFICATION: THIS IS NOT TALKING ABOUT PLAYING OCTAVIA, THIS IS ABOUT BEING IN A TEAM WITH AN OCTAVIA WHEN YOU WANT TO DO SLIDE ATTACKS AND RUN A RAGE BUILD BUT SHE NEGATES THAT FROM WORKING PROPERLY BECAUSE OF A TRIGGER SEQUENCE ATTACHED TO CROUCH THAT ALSO PROCS WHEN YOU DO SLIDE ATTACKS RENDERING YOU INVISIBLE WITHOUT A WAY TO GET OUT OF IT.....

Many of you may not understand what I'm upset about, but I want to explain this clearly and I understand many will be upset by this proposition.

Rage builds and Octavia "can be" problematic.

I am NOT suggesting a "nerf"

I am not suggesting any CHANGE to powers.

The issue here is that invisibility from Octavia's abilities PROC when you slide attack.

Let me point out, that I am invisible a lot and I do not always want to be.

There is NO way out of octavia's invisibility. YOU cannot roll out of it like a limbo ability.

I have a few rage builds that I run, these builds require me to take damage to create energy, Invisibility doesn't stop damage, but it can make it really hard to get damaged.

I like these builds, as they are fun and different than the standard energy generation methods. Also they work nicely for certain game modes.

The issue here, is a combination of things.

1.) Rage builds are a thing, there are two mods that return energy on damage, they have a place in this world.

2.) Slide attacks should NOT trigger invisibility. That is a melee attack, not an intentional method to proc the invisibility buff.

3.) Maiming Strike is a thing, it requires slide attacks to have a place in this world...I would like to use it.

Please find a fix for this issue. I would like to choose when I go invisible. If I wanted to go invisible I would stop moving and do some squats like the words used to describe the ability tell me to.

I like slide attacks, I like rage builds, I like to be targeted...what if I wanted to be a pseudo tank with slide attacks as my primary source for damage and damage to me would be my primary source for energy return on a life strike?

How could I make that happen if I'm always invisible DE?

How?
......*puppy dog eyes*

Please find a fair way to fix this without nerfing my choices in the game, and without nerfing octavia.

Perhaps adjust your trigger...so that slide attacks do not proc the invisibility.

Thank  you!

Edited by 2ply