The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dragon Nikana Prime

viperveteran

Could the Dragon nikana prime ever be a thing or is it just an alternative nikana. The fact that it has its own riven would suggest that it is possible since DE considers it a different weapon completely. I know DE said that every weapon could potentially be primed (correct me if I am wrong) so that would mean that a Dragon Nikana Prime could be a real possibility. What do you guys think?

Also, if the Dragon nikana prime was to be released what warframe would you like to see it released with and what stats do you think it would have?

35 minutes ago, Campaigner said:

Why? A nodachi would be way better.

that's subjective. granted, in a real fight it makes sense to have the weapon with the longest Reach, but in terms of Warframe, melee choice is more based on personal preference as all Melee weapons are effective at starchart levels, with most melee types having at least one top tier offering. the Nikana is a favourite of many players, and Excalibur is often depicted with a Nikana or Skana, both of which are influenced by Katanas, so it makes sense. whether or not we get Dragon Nikana prime is up for debate. personally I wouldn't say no to another Nippon steel blade, but it's not like we actually NEED another Nikana (we even have a Nikana Zaw now).

I am still excited for the Nodachi, but some people prefer Nikanas over Nodachi, and that's fine.

While no Dragon suffix weapon has been primed, in that it being called something something dragon prime that doesnt mean it cant be as DE can do whatever DE wants. That being said if you go by Riven disposition the Dragon Nikana is way more than an Alternative to the Nikana Prime its outright better as it has a full 5 point disposition instead of the the one point that the Prime has. A loss in IPS stats and 5% less crit and stat chance doesnt matter with that kind of difference in Riven disposition.

1 hour ago, Fishyflakes said:

Chroma :smile::thumbup:

Yessss, for chroma prime hehehe.

But I prefer a heavy 2 handed sword for chroma prime.  It fits great with chroma. I love my chroma and galatine prime with dinasty skin.

Edited by DP_KRoM

31 minutes ago, Wolfdoggie said:

Clearly we need more Dragon weapons. Starting with Dragon Kestrel.

I don't think that the Dragon nikana is a weapon class variant like prisma/vandal/wraith/mara since all those weapons share the same rivens but the Dragon nikana doesn't share a riven with the normal Nikana. Although it isn't implausible for it to become that way since we do have mutalist variants of weapons now too that don't share rivens with their non mutalist counterparts. 

13 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

that's subjective. granted, in a real fight it makes sense to have the weapon with the longest Reach, but in terms of Warframe, melee choice is more based on personal preference as all Melee weapons are effective at starchart levels, with most melee types having at least one top tier offering. the Nikana is a favourite of many players, and Excalibur is often depicted with a Nikana or Skana, both of which are influenced by Katanas, so it makes sense. whether or not we get Dragon Nikana prime is up for debate. personally I wouldn't say no to another Nippon steel blade, but it's not like we actually NEED another Nikana (we even have a Nikana Zaw now).

I am still excited for the Nodachi, but some people prefer Nikanas over Nodachi, and that's fine.

We already have a ton of nikanas, though I admit they are all sub-par, even with a great riven.

On 2018-04-28 at 8:09 AM, OoKeNnEtHoO said:

Hmm..it will be like Prisma Shade Prime or Supra Vandal Prime.

Unlikely to happen.

On 2018-04-27 at 10:31 AM, viperveteran said:

I don't think that the Dragon nikana is a weapon class variant like prisma/vandal/wraith/mara since all those weapons share the same rivens but the Dragon nikana doesn't share a riven with the normal Nikana. Although it isn't implausible for it to become that way since we do have mutalist variants of weapons now too that don't share rivens with their non mutalist counterparts. 

On 2018-04-27 at 10:50 AM, ---UMBRA--- said:

Maybe you wand lato vandal prime? Or detron mara vandal prime? Or Dragon dex excalibur umbra prime mara vandal wraith prisma?

We are getting nodachi that is sentient based so making nodachi prime weapon so soon after it would be a little bit strange. Not that i am against that idea. But i must say i would love to see dragon nikana prime in game even if you needed nikana prime to craft it because its like upgrade. Sort of like good katana from normal maker and great katana from great maker in real life. And how you tell how good is katana? Well in real life by 2 main things: who crafted it (skill of the maker) and how many layers of steel there are (and those can go to milions because each time they fould the steel number rises 2 times) so yeah it would kinda make sence to have dragon nikana prime in game. But to be worth the OP stats it would truly have to be hard to get (all rare parts and nikana prime required) and for reasonable mastery rank (lets say 15).