Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thoughts on Fortuna (and the upcoming Venus "open world" node

MirageKnight

With regard to animal and plant life on the Open World node, does anything think that said life will have farm-able resources?

On that note, it's probably a given that mining will make a return as well and that one of the vendors will offer services related to that. In addition, I'm hoping to see regular resources for Venus found outside the town as well...and for the town to not be quite as limited and locked in as Cetus seems to be.

With regard to the modular weapons, I would what kind of types will be allowed? Assault rifles, battle rifles, SMG's, machine-pistols, and LMG's seem to be indicated on the storefront, but what about chemical / flame dispensers? Also, what about possible special attachments - like scopes, laser sights and underslung grenade launchers / shotguns? There's a great opportunity here to make some really cool weapons and I hate to see DE pass that up.

On a final note, I'm hoping the rest of Venus' landscape will be updated to match the area outside of the hub. Granted it's a lot of work, but consistency is really important and I think players would really appreciate the change in scenery.

On 2018-04-29 at 2:09 PM, MirageKnight said:

I think the rusty knife would take exception to that comparison...

That got me thinking....what kind of animal / plant life might we see on Venus, seeing as they're possibly redoing the ground tilesets for Venus as a whole?

Any life would obviously have been transplanted from Earth and evolved / adapted to deal with Venus' unique conditions. There's been some art shown of some large fungal growths shown, but it would be interesting to see animals / insects feeding on them.

Large space roaches maybe? 

Alligators? Rodents Of Unusual Size?

Kuakas should just be everywhere. Stow away on ships that visit Earth and end up anywhere they can possibly end up.

Make them an invasive species pest problem, chewing on cables and messing up coolant processing equipment.

The Venus version of the Ghouls could be Kuaka population grows out of control and the locals need the Tenno to help thin their numbers. And just have hundreds of the things running around the place.

Like tribbles.

Ole mah goosh! I'm sooo ready for this. I was thrilled when we got POE, and now Venus! I'm excite. I really want an open world for one of the more advanced planets though. Just imagine fighting a giant sentient on Sedna... I get nervous just thinking about it! Anyway, open world has always been my favorite gaming format... well ever since ES3 Morrowind came out.

Edited by Azullion1
Spelling :/

11 minutes ago, Kinetos said:

Kuakas should just be everywhere. Stow away on ships that visit Earth and end up anywhere they can possibly end up.

Or some kind of mutant space rat.

Introduce the vermin with the Venus open world node, but have them on nearly every Grineer tileset for instance - even the ship ones. This make particular sense for the Grineer given their somewhat sloppy nature.

3 minutes ago, MirageKnight said:

Introduce the vermin with the Venus open world node, but have them on nearly every Grineer tileset for instance - even the ship ones. This make particular sense for the Grineer given their somewhat sloppy nature

this makes so much sense do it DE

On 28 April 2018 at 8:28 AM, MirageKnight said:

I must say, based on what was revealed on the Devstream today, the town hub for the Venus "open world" node has a fantastic"Blade Runner" ambiance and vibe to it.

Great use of neons, lighting, and smoke / fog, I think it's about perfect. The architecture is absolutely spot on - Corpus-styling but suitably and reasonably "worn in" for an industrial town. That being said, I hope they make use of the town's more vertical layout, with some accessible / "usable" areas and vendors being on upper levels.

A suggestion for the devs: I know it's still WIP, but maybe throw in some water dripping from the coolant pipes? For NPC's, maybe have some workers performing maintenance and repairs and operating some equipment?

The other thing is the vendors. We'll obviously have a vendor that sells customized, modular ranged weapons, but there has to be more than just that. Perhaps a vendor that rents out vehicles for roving around outside? Another that deals with ores and such found on the surface (probably obvious)? Someone that sells Warframe / Operator augments and apparel (again, more than likely)?

Also, on a related note, I wonder what kind enemies and wildlife (if any) we'll encounter outside the town itself? The various Corpus spider-bots that have been showcased in other devstreams are probably a given, but I have the feeling that it can't be limited to just that. Perhaps we'll see some Corpus "enforcers" or guards...and maybe even a giant Sentient. I'm sure one of the Corpus Board of Directors would love to try and get their greedy mitts on that level of tech in the name of profit grofit.

Anyway - feel free to discuss!

All of that will be obscured by the almighty Corpus Nullifiers. Within their gigantic bubble of obscurity, lies a mysterious world that is waiting to meet and greet you. All it take is to pop that bubble. Are you game?

on a lighter note, I hope that DE don't add Nullifiers. The sheer amount of rage I have against them cannot be expressed.

#NullifiersLivesDONTMatter

On 28 April 2018 at 8:28 AM, MirageKnight said:

I must say, based on what was revealed on the Devstream today, the town hub for the Venus "open world" node has a fantastic"Blade Runner" ambiance and vibe to it.

Great use of neons, lighting, and smoke / fog, I think it's about perfect. The architecture is absolutely spot on - Corpus-styling but suitably and reasonably "worn in" for an industrial town. That being said, I hope they make use of the town's more vertical layout, with some accessible / "usable" areas and vendors being on upper levels.

A suggestion for the devs: I know it's still WIP, but maybe throw in some water dripping from the coolant pipes? For NPC's, maybe have some workers performing maintenance and repairs and operating some equipment?

The other thing is the vendors. We'll obviously have a vendor that sells customized, modular ranged weapons, but there has to be more than just that. Perhaps a vendor that rents out vehicles for roving around outside? Another that deals with ores and such found on the surface (probably obvious)? Someone that sells Warframe / Operator augments and apparel (again, more than likely)?

Also, on a related note, I wonder what kind enemies and wildlife (if any) we'll encounter outside the town itself? The various Corpus spider-bots that have been showcased in other devstreams are probably a given, but I have the feeling that it can't be limited to just that. Perhaps we'll see some Corpus "enforcers" or guards...and maybe even a giant Sentient. I'm sure one of the Corpus Board of Directors would love to try and get their greedy mitts on that level of tech in the name of profit grofit.

Anyway - feel free to discuss!

All of that will be obscured by the almighty Corpus Nullifiers. Within their gigantic bubble of obscurity, lies a mysterious world that is waiting to meet and greet you. All it take is to pop that bubble. Are you game?

on a lighter note, I hope that DE don't add Nullifiers. The sheer amount of rage I have against them cannot be expressed.

46 minutes ago, rafiki4000 said:

since it is corpus then what about some rebeliant  alad v troops or robots to mess things up

Based on what was revealed in a couple of devstreams, the inhabitants of the town are supposed to be core laborers and support personnel for the Corpus on Venus but are not terribly happy with how they're being treated.

With regard to Corpus robots, we'll be seeing these spider bots for sure.

Some will probably act as scouts / surveyors. Some might act as "harvesters" or miners (judging by the little arms some seem to have), gathering resources to be processed. Others will most definitely be "enforcers" / guards.

34 minutes ago, tychondus said:

This.

Edited by MirageKnight

10 hours ago, MirageKnight said:

With regard to animal and plant life on the Open World node, does anything think that said life will have farm-able resources?

On that note, it's probably a given that mining will make a return as well and that one of the vendors will offer services related to that. In addition, I'm hoping to see regular resources for Venus found outside the town as well...and for the town to not be quite as limited and locked in as Cetus seems to be.

With regard to the modular weapons, I would what kind of types will be allowed? Assault rifles, battle rifles, SMG's, machine-pistols, and LMG's seem to be indicated on the storefront, but what about chemical / flame dispensers? Also, what about possible special attachments - like scopes, laser sights and underslung grenade launchers / shotguns? There's a great opportunity here to make some really cool weapons and I hate to see DE pass that up.

On a final note, I'm hoping the rest of Venus' landscape will be updated to match the area outside of the hub. Granted it's a lot of work, but consistency is really important and I think players would really appreciate the change in scenery.

I'd certainly hope so, perhaps even with a slant towards Corpusian resources like Fieldrons, polymer bundles, circuits, etc. (Furious urge to spout nonesense about recently created concept intensifies).

Given that the area seems to go vertical rather then horizontal, that certainly opens up greater opportunities for expansion. I already had part of a story where a corporation went rogue and started spreading beneath Venus' surface in a "black-zone" while maintaining it's Corpus-owned appearence on the surface. Perhaps the workers can do the same, opening up new areas as certain concepts are added.

Judgeing by what we have in the game, I think, if there are indeed going to be modulars showing up, it's gonna be the basic first-person shooter staples. Sub Machinegun, Pistol, Assault Rifle, Sniper Rifle. Shotgun, etc, likely a scope or no scope option mixed in there as well. Doesn't mean I would mind getting some manner of extremely advanced version of Army of Two's or Loadout's customization styles.

Have we seen outside of the confines of the base? I must have missed it.

On 2018-04-27 at 6:52 PM, IronWolfKnight said:

I do agree with you about the ascetics although it isn't just Blade Runner that's in my mind, it's cyberpunk in general but oh man I really hope that this combined with the additions of more open worlds and the fact that they are making more vehicles will give DE the excuse to create a motorcycle themed Warframe. To me, no cyberpunk themed media is complete without anything motorcycle related.

Oh ye, on feedback I asked for a motorcycle that will be hovering sorta like Luke’s in Star Wars but your idea takes it to another level 

Have you seen Batman Ninja? His vehicle in that movie takes this concept and ups it to 11 

2 hours ago, Sitchrea said:

A rusty knife would still have better stats than the sheev.

No complaints on my end. Bulky besterd is what I use when I wanna go powers only for a while and need to make sure I have a hard time killing anything otherwise, hehe.

• 1 month later...

First off - if you don't want spoilers about new stuff coming out, don't watch. You have been warned.

So anyway, interesting *news*....This came out last night it seems. Take any info with a grain of salt.

Materials that can be mined more and Exodia for Gun-zaws are more or less confirmed, as are purchasable decorative items for the Orbiter.

My thoughts on all this...So basically, Venus open world is pretty much more of the same in comparison to Cetus / PoE but with a different locale and vibe. with regard. With regard to one bit of info, all I have to say is...fishing for mechanical fish? REALLY?

https://youtu.be/saz2lMZGhcs?t=64

If this is actually true... *SMH*. Trapping for animals sounds interesting though.

Anywho, feel free to discuss.

Edited by MirageKnight

The leaks pretty much confirmed what has already been shown and logically inferred, so I have no strong feelings about the leak, apart from wanting to play Venus that much more.

That DE followed the same basic road map for Venus as they did Earth isn't a surprise, because it makes sense. 

Personally, I just want to see Eidolons on Venus too - not just for the personal satisfaction of fighting them, but also because it'll help give the impression that the Sentients are definitely not gone, and Hunhow has a large amount of in-system resources to draw on once he figures out how.

This could then lead to events where you have to go to various planets and fight their eidolons... but I'm getting ahead of myself. 🙂

Yeah, I'm not at all interested in Venus' open world. I don't want another PoE. Seems like DE hasn't learned any lessons from their first landscape and are doubling down on its main criticisms. I'm glad Sacrifice+Umbra is coming first, and before Tennocon, because nothing they're doing with Venus excites me at all.

Edited by A-p-o-l-l-y-o-n

On 2018-04-27 at 6:56 PM, kyori said:

I remember many praise PoE when they saw the teaser, only to bash it when they got stuck in between the gates.

So hopefully you won't get stuck in that lift going up to the surface.

If they can manage this, even a halfway improvement from PoE, I'm sure the reception will be better.

1 minute ago, aswitz87 said:

If they can manage this, even a halfway improvement from PoE, I'm sure the reception will be better.

I just hope that DE learned from PoE and make this open a better experience and revisit Cetus as well. Being able to disassemble ungilded Zaws and reuse / sell off components for instance, is something I'm sure a few players would like to see.

If it's grindier than PoE though, there's bound to be some backlash. That said, it seems like there's even more resources to gather on Venus if those leaks are accurate.