Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.18.8

[DE]Megan

I am very happy with the tweaks and fixes on Onslaught. Increasing enemy scaling is

flat,800x800,070,f.jpg&f=1

However, I would still like to see Elite Sanctuary Onslaught to be more balanced between surviving and killing fast. The current meta for ESO is still heavily skewed towards DPS nuke frames. Please reduce Efficiency decay for ESO, buff the enemies if needed, and let us have zero self-revives. This will at least bring some balance to the meta.

Really nice to see the changes to Khora - though new bugs and some already existing ones haven't been dealt with yet (which you're probably already aware of) :)

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Ability Strength Mods on Khora now affect Venari abilities.

Only affects healing and doesn't affect Speed multiplier anymore nor does it affect Snare Damage. - Would be awesome if ability duration also affected revival time - maybe to a max of 90%? meaning revival time would only be 10% of the un-modded time. :D

8 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Companion mods like Animal Instinct have been fixed so they will work properly on Venari.

This is nice - but could we get a list of working mods and non-working mods - and will the hunter set mods and its set bonus get to work on Venari? :)

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/949262-khoras-planned-changes/?do=findComment&comment=9710042

Also have a few ideas posted on the Khora's Planned Changes forum post. What I wanna highlight here is creating a bigger difference in Attack - Protect - Heal abilities of Venari. It could be made as Venari precept augment mods which enhances Venari's abilities in a specific stance. 

Also the idea that Strangledome gives a slash proc upon capturing their victims. And then have Venari ( and other companions ) focus the victims hanging in the strangledome. This slash proc would work greatly together with the Hunter mods - especially of that set bonus comes to work on Venari as well.

In addition - also have Venari's attack damage be on every single attack - instead of total damage of a one full attack cycle animation. - And if possible, have this attack cycle where Venari teleports around, be able to switch targets when a target dies. :)

OK... Here are my 2 cents on this whole Sanctuary escapade.

Its gonna be loong and on a 11th page so a doubt anyone will read this, but i really need a vent right now.

TL:DR: There is no tldr, thats why is the post so long...

Look DE, I love you guys, I sunk about 2000 hours in Warframe since beta and I still love this game, I am excited for new content and everything BUT:

We all know what's been going on this past week and i'ts gotten me to scream to the sky in frustration. This half-baked ball of madness called Sanctuary makes me really woried. Now I understand that developement is hard and all that (being a software dveloper myslef). This patch upon a patch upon a patch is getting out of hand... One would thik that Sanctuary cant cause so many troubles, as most of the core game mechanics are already in the game. Portals, moving players around, generating tiles, host migration, countdowns and counters, operators etc. But there are problems with literally everything... and after 8 patches in a week the code for sanctuary has to look like patchwork blanket wrapped in a duct tape.

What really wories me the most is that there are still really silly mistakes like collecting 4/1 stabilizers (Both players in a same zone and after you claimed to patch it). And that seems like a simple thing to handle compared to everything else in this game. So I really hope you guys dont mess up the core mechanics like tiles, spawns, operator and so on, and dont break them across the board just to fix it in Sanctuary...

If you want my opinion this whole unmitigated disaster should be cut down for now (and should have been like 4 days ago). put the rewards on PoE bounty, so that people can actually get them. I have been playing Sanctuarry this whole week and between crashes, migrations, portals not opening and aaaall that good stuff I think I got about 50% succes rate to actually get rewards. There were days where i spent over 2 hours runing the Sanctuary and at the end I got A SINGLE LITH RELIC... And yet I came back next day for more (or for less?).

Now we have 22.18.8 claiming to fix migration. So i happily joined a game and guess what host migration on zone 6 and session unavailible. But wait, there is more. Game after that we got to zone 8 no problem. and portal was taking a while to appear, but i noticed the Efficiency going up to 100% - GREAT! No more drain while we wait. I love you devs. But the portal didnt open..... So... Now we stand there with 00:00 on a timer, 100% efficiency and no portal. Only resolution? Abort and throw away all rewards...

With all this. 50% success rate and 5% drop chance I am down to 2.5% drop chance for a normal frame.... Really? Be it new Prime or Umba Ii would not say a word. But for a normal frame? What makes her more special (apart from being new) than Saryn, mag or Frost? why those guys take like an hour to farm and Khora? Well it's been a week and I still dont have her. Which is a real shame cause at this point, farming khora has frustrated me so much, that I dont care about her rework/patch/buff. I will get her for MR and probably never use again because frankly I dont want to see that **** **** ever again.... You think this is stupid, rash and petty view? So do I and I hate you guys for pushing me over this edge. I had been excited for khora for months and now I hate her without even getting her yet...

If anyone is still reading, kudos and thank you to sink your time in ma rant. But wait! There is more! (more text not rant. I am done with that now).

Ok now that this rock is off my chest. Here is what I think Sanctuary could have been.

Look we dont need to reinvent wheel (And Sanctuary definitely didnt anyway). There are plenty of great arenas out there. Like Borderlands 2: The Underdome. But obviously dont copy, make you own spin. I would love something like this:

5 waves with reward rotations AABBC

1. wave use Skills

2. wave use Primaries

3. wave use Secondaries

4. wave use Melee

5. wave use All and some boss appears

This would bring variety in the game. Lets face it at this point Sanctuary could be called Banshees Great Ground Slam. It would also alow for faster rotatitons. Making it endless? Add more enivironmetal hazzards, enemy buffs, player debuffs along the way.

Ok dear crazy reader who got this far. This is really It.

Have a nice day and may RNGeesus smiles upon you

P.S.: Apparently Warframe is now psychic. The next game after posting this I got a bug and could not use skills, operator and melee, just guns for one zone :D

9 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

The Daily Focus limit has been increased based on the formula (will be in effect after the daily reset):

• 250,000 + (Mastery Rank * 5,000)

This is good, but.... DE do u have ideas for Focus Sink? Cuz there r much ppl who maxed out focus (I finish mine 2 months ago)
Passives for every school like Paragons in Diablo3 maybe?

After the last 2-3 updates from the beasts of the sanctuary i can't even play this game. the fps drop rates are incredibly low. I don't know how many players have this problem but fix it. In onslaught from an average of 70 fps i got down to 8 to 20 fps??? I feel like in the stone age. So i beg of you fix it. It's been days now..:awkward:

9 minutes ago, ZuziPie said:

After the last 2-3 updates from the beasts of the sanctuary i can't even play this game. the fps drop rates are incredibly low. I don't know how many players have this problem but fix it. In onslaught from an average of 70 fps i got down to 8 to 20 fps??? I feel like in the stone age. So i beg of you fix it. It's been days now..:awkward:

Hello ZuziPie - usually when I have issues with FPS lag I either optimize download cache, verify game files or completely reinstall the game - I don't get FPS lag right now. :)

You just made Khora perfect! And fixed host migration!

Thank you so much for listening to us, even though we are rude, impatient and entitled, but in the end it is just because we are so invested in this game <3

also unpopular opinion, never liked the whole exalted weapon idea :)

7 hours ago, Tarak said:

(Haven't gotten to test so I'm kind of talking out of my ass)

It seems based on what they said they changed it from an passive aoe to an active one. When cast it should immediately grab enemies in range, then those enemies should grab enemies in range of them. After these two grabs you have to whip a grabbed enemy to cause additional grabs.

No, I was wrong. it does what it says but my Venari has been vicious and I noticed she'd kill the original target before the skill had a chance to work lol. But after seeing it work, it does see bugged still. I see the AOE effect, but it doesn't pull more in after as described. Still good CC and works on bosses, so not worried. And for everyone saying Khora's bad and is awful, have a gander at the following picks. Med Risk Index with a friend to get him creds. 3 rounds. I CC'd based and shot down mobs with the help of Strangledome's mechanics (CCs, capped targets draw agro, and capped targets take more damage) and Venari (who stole kills from me technically). I've done the same in High Risk. Even outkilled a Mesa with Venari by 6 points. Yeah, 6, but still OUTKILLED A MESA. So for all that still *@##&#036; and whine and say Khora's bad, I present these pics and say STFU and "git gud".2018-04-28_1.png2018-04-28_2.png

30 minutes ago, Dreamforger said:

You just made Khora perfect! And fixed host migration!

Thank you so much for listening to us, even though we are rude, impatient and entitled, but in the end it is just because we are so invested in this game <3

also unpopular opinion, never liked the whole exalted weapon idea :)

I was excited about the whip, but now with Strangledome I don't care that she doesn't have the whip. Lol. Strangledome over the whip anytime.

I literally can't take the onslaught anymore. I really thought after taking Khora's blueprints from Elite Onslaught would somewhat increase the drop chance and drop rate for Khora's blueprints in the normal onslaught. Farming for Khora has been a total nightmare grind. I have totally given up on getting her because this grind is ridiculous and outrageous. This is truly a disappointment in my eyes see all the hype not living up to its expectation. I'm tired of the non-stop grind ending in disappointment.  

Ensnare has a bit of issue.. If i cast on a enemy.. And that enemy remains untouched.. It will group enemies together (at a slow rate which makes faster enemies slip by its grasp) 

(Heres the Issue) If i cast on a enemy.. Its possible Venari or a Teammate will kill the enemy i cast it on.. Giving it  no chance to group enemies together.. Ensnare dissapears and becomes a waste of energy..

So id suggest a change to Ensnare to remain intact on a enemy it was cast on (even if enemy was killed) to group enemies together.. Much like Mags Bullet Attract, so its not a waste of energy..

If Venari dies, she will respawn in 45 seconds or you can summon her back by using the Venari ability for an Energy cost of 50 that scales with the Respawn timer.
thank you , that was my only consern about the rework :satisfied:

DE , stil my number 1 Dev team :heart: great work

Strangledome Issue..

Strangle dome works pretty good on Heiracon Pluto against Infested with the Excavators.. Or other Excavator missions with Loki Disarm.. The issue is you have to build it for range for Stragledome to have coverage over the Excavator..

Casting beside a Excavator without enough range can lead to a offset where enemies will not be trapped in the Strangledome..

(Big Concern) Casting Strangledome on top of Excavator does not encase the Excavator in a "dome".. Strangle dome is only a half sphere.. Nothing like a Frost's Globe.. And with range built Strangledome gets taller and fatter at a higher elevation (which most enemies dont reach)

Strangledome might be more useful casted something like Frost's Globe or Gara's Vetrify (In which Vetrify has height  and ground connecting Issues) 

I have alot of mixed feelings about this update, but i will point out the positives first, and then the concerns about us solo players.

Firstly, Khora's changes. I am happy to see that you can respawn Venari at will with the use of energy cost if one so desires. Im not really a fan of this quicker 4th ability animation, as it feels, less ompfh and alot less satisfying, but i can understand those who love to rush as if they only have 5 minutes to live.

The positive changes on Sanctuary Onslaught in regards to level scaling is a good thing, as it puts our skills and equipment to the test. Im fairly certain that i am capable of dealing with level 280 enemies, and im eager to face them to test my power.

.....but i cant reach them, and neither can others who play solo.

Thats where the negative fact comes into play here and other solo players are suffering from it. Think im lying? Just search solo in this thread and you will see that im not alone in this. The Efficency is practicly the same pre-hotfix, and i have only been able to reach the 4th round. The 3rd round, while difficult to keep the efficency up, is still possible. The 4th however, even if you place, like 20 or more enemies in a bundle and blast them all at the same time, the efficency only goes up 1% at most, if at all. Im okay with enemies becomming John Prodman powered maniacs, but the efficency is sitll an issue for us solo players.

Edit: Here is a suggestion for you devs who have the console command available. Be at the 4th round, then spawn about, 20 or 30 enemies and use Nidus' 2nd ability to bundlee them all and kill them using a weapon such as Arca Plasmor or similar weapon that can kill multiple enemies at teh same time.

Now, dont have others with you, just do it solo and you will see waht i mean.

Archived