Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.18.8

[DE]Megan

On 28/04/2018 at 5:47 PM, eikosa said:

hello everyone i have a problem i was having 60-100 fps in the last patch after the newest patch now iam having 20 -30 fps why ? 

Same problem with me....it's been a week now and still no improvement...

On 28-4-2018 at 1:14 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Sanctuary Onslaught Fixes:

• Fixed Clients being perpetually stuck on the loading screen after a Host migration in Onslaught.
  • Fixed cases of Conduits not materializing after a Host migration occurs. 
  • Fixed cases of Clients being trapped in the old Zone after the Host transitions through the Conduit first and disconnects on the other side.
  • Fixed Efficiency continuing to drain after a Conduit has appeared and you have yet to pass through it. Once all players are through the Conduit and into the next Zone, the Efficiency will recommence draining. Fixed Efficiency continuing to drain while everyone's standing around waiting for next Conduit to appear. Once all players see it, the countdown resumes.
  • Fixed Specimens beating the crap out of helpless players who are trapped in the loading screen when a Host migration occurs. Specimens will now be paused while you are in the loading screen. 

I can't thank you Devs enough for this hotfix :inlove:

ESO mode:

unable to use operator: I could Transferrence into operator, but once there I was unable to do anything - couldn't shoot primary or secondary, couldn't void mode, and couldn't transferrence back to Warframe.  The only way back to warframe was to stand in a bunch of enemies and let them kill my operator.

Nothing fixed it:

• Getting killed as operator just put me back in warframe, but if i went back to operator all I could do was run around until I got my operator killed again.
  • Going down as warframe and getting revived didnt fix it
  • Going down and holding x to use self revive didn't fix it
  • Going down and waiting for timer to expire then reviving didn't fix it
  • Going through portal didn't fix it.

It started around wave 3 and lasted to wave 8 where I had enough of no focus abilites and left.

Host migration during Elite Sanctuary Onslaught caused me to somehow switch to a different game in progress, giving me different rewards from the ones I had gotten and seemingly resetting the focus I had earned to zero. I am not happy DE, this kind of bullS#&$ is why I stopped playing this game for a long while. I put in a ton of time and end up waisting a bunch of it because of stupid bugs like this. I'm getting sick and tired of people either getting kicked from the game or leaving, forcing a host migration that will inevitably screw up and leave the rest of us with either nothing or something weird like what happened to me. Half the time the host migration just straight up fails, it tells me my connection to the host was lost and then ends the game and returns me to the liset. I don't understand why you can't just have the game give me the rewards that my client instance of the game knows I had earned. I could see all the rewards I had gotten, all the focus I had earned, and yet somehow all of that got changed/reset due to the stupid host migration failing to work correctly.

3 hours ago, PhoeniixFiire said:

I don't understand why you can't just have the game give me the rewards that my client instance of the game knows I had earned. I could see all the rewards I had gotten, all the focus I had earned, and yet somehow all of that got changed/reset due to the stupid host migration failing to work correctly.

strictly from(atleast my understanding of it) basic network Security thats a really Insecure and insane thing to do, that implies what the client reports to be true and trustworthy.  in situations such as MMOs or in Warframe's unique category, you should never 100% Trust client side data and verify against Server, and after last years lil Scandal relating to Data miners and a unauthrosied 3rd party Server letting people scam even bring a leaked umbra model onto production servers, DE has even *LESS* incentive to just "Blindly" trust client side data. (the servers do track more data on what you do, your load out what you earn drops etc. moreso than ever now.  it doesnt track it 100% but enough theres still a client/Server verification phase during extraction. (failing this or when teh server's are down/Read Only just as your extracting is why you get "Failed to update account information." i'd be more than happy to stand corrected if @[DE]Rebecca would care to correct me but i believe i got the Jist of it.

tl;dr: its too insecure to just "Give you" what the client says you earned. as it opens many ways to manipulate reward data. (if you do thwart the launcher/ game's protections.)

That Said, if it fails to Migrate hosts, how about it should create a new instance and set the failed transfer player as Host?..

also bear n mind, we PC Players are kinda.. .. how can ya say it "Guinea pigs" or" En Masse" testers for teh first month or so after content updates where console users tend to benefit alot more (thier updates are more refined as a result.. If you hate these kind of game breaking bugs. Steer clear of stuff like this for awhile after it comes out let bugs that are discorded come to light and get fixed. usually after the first or so month. the real big showstopper issues get delt with. (trials not withstanding it was a game mode in comparison by those who ran the raids vs the playerbase at large was Woefully under-played and the devs had little reason or incentive to continue fixing them after they kept breaking horribly update after update.)

21 hours ago, 01thanatos10 said:

can we pls either see rewards ever round vs ever other round in onslot or a increase the the vandal parts ive done atleast 12-13 runs to wave 12 with 0 sucsess to the part only ever get relics

Sure lets make everything rare drop super easy. Why not?

The host migration situation is much better, but still exists sometimes. Currently the worst thing in my opinion is the "stuck in operator" error. Even if the team finally understand your problem and let the enemy kill your operator, the problem continues. Even on the next zone, you can't use your operator anymore. Not even the beam. Nothing works. You have to abort the mission if your are not with a tanky frame and melee setup because you can't charge energy through gear/plates.

One more thing. I got every Khora parts on the first day but lost the main blueprint due to host migration error. Now I think I'm over one hundred runs without it. I think that such a low chance will negatively affect the new gamemode. People won't fall in love with it by forced grind. Yes, warframe players like grind, that's true. But after some extended period without result, they will burn out. I really suggest to increase the drop chances at least to double. If you compare the time required to reach level 8 in sanctuary to one run for example Ceres/Exta, the differences are significant. One can easily beat Exta four times under 20 minutes in solo.

Anyway, thanks for the improvements...

Archived