Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.18.8

[DE]Megan

Onlsaught has become a lot more enjoyable now.

So far, had only 1 host migration, and it didn't end in a fatal scenario.
Everything else seems to work a lot better as well.
And the timer no longer draining as people wait for the conduit, is a lifesaver.

Thank you so much for the hard and dedicated work DE.

Love, and our endless appreciation. :heart:

14 hours ago, Pied-Piping_40k-Plat said:

Just stop putting on band-aids, DE. Give us the exalted whip on Khora and call it a day. It's not rocket science. These changes did nothing to fix her. She is still heavily underwhelming.

The problem is that a lot of people still think that an Exalted Whip would be a Press-4-To-Win (There's always someone that thinks that Maiming Strike works with an Exalted Weapon) and we've got too many Exalted Weapons. Yet, they're completely fine with an ability that more than half of our Warframes can do and better. It's way much better to press 4 and have a CC ability that gives you time to take aim and shoot the enemies :sad::facepalm:

3 hours ago, kyori said:

MR14 Mesa? lol.. haha ok you win, you can have your big MR15 ego intact lol

I have more pics from other Mesas. MR14, 8, 16, 17, 20, 22, 23, etc. You come up with whatever excuse you want. I have the pictures to prove my Khora outkills S#&$. You just can't stand that you're pompous ass is wrong about a frame you don't like. So eat it. I. Outkill. Mesas. And it being in Hieracon means your excuse for the Index is out the window. I've outkilled numerous players with varying MRs. Your opinion that Khora's S#&$, is in fact itself S#&$. Just say the word and I'll flood your inbox with pics of me having outkilled not only Mesas, but Embers and Equinoxs too. Every time I've dominated a match with Khora, I've screencapped it. All you little whiners can keep doing just that because at the end of the day, Khora's good, and you just need to GET good. Oh, and just a sidenote; Quoting the MR and saying that's why I did better is not only stupid, but shows just how badly your grasping at straws. I outkill a Mesa in Index. You claim it's because the mode. I outkill Mesa in hieracon, as open as you can get without going to the plains. You say it's because he was an MR14. Lol. 

21 minutes ago, Shry0b said:

The problem is that a lot of people still think that an Exalted Whip would be a Press-4-To-Win (There's always someone that thinks that Maiming Strike works with an Exalted Weapon) and we've got too many Exalted Weapons. Yet, they're completely fine with an ability that more than half of our Warframes can do and better. It's way much better to press 4 and have a CC ability that gives you time to take aim and shoot the enemies :sad::facepalm:

Maiming strike isnt the problem, maximum power range and strength are. Power strength and damage mod stacking is multiplicative, and if the attack range of the whip also scales from power range along with Primed Reach, it would be stupid how powerful the thing would be.

On the flipside if it ends up being garbage, then nobody would use it and it would be yet another dead ability.

2 minutes ago, --Kenneth-- said:

I have more pics from other Mesas. MR14, 8, 16, 17, 20, 22, 23, etc. You come up with whatever excuse you want. I have the pictures to prove my Khora outkills S#&$. You just can't stand that you're pompous ass is wrong about a frame you don't like. So eat it. I. Outkill. Mesas. And it being in Hieracon means your excuse for the Index is out the window. I've outkilled numerous players with varying MRs. Your opinion that Khora's S#&$, is in fact itself S#&$. Just say the word and I'll flood your inbox with pics of me having outkilled not only Mesas, but Embers and Equinoxs too. Every time I've dominated a match with Khora, I've screencapped it. All you little whiners can keep doing just that because at the end of the day, Khora's good, and you just need to GET good.

Chill bro.

Really like these Khora changes. Thanks for those DE! 

I would still like to see Venari work with the Hunter mods and Pack Leader (Unless otherwise fixed and I missed in patch notes) but these are pretty cool changes so far. They seem fairly well thought out too since now you don't just have to stack duration. I seem some interesting use of strength builds now.

5 minutes ago, Cogrock said:

Really like these Khora changes. Thanks for those DE! 

I would still like to see Venari work with the Hunter mods and Pack Leader (Unless otherwise fixed and I missed in patch notes) but these are pretty cool changes so far. They seem fairly well thought out too since now you don't just have to stack duration. I seem some interesting use of strength builds now.

You can try my build if you like. I have Zenurik so her 188 energy pool really isn't a factor. It's a great CC build that also allows for damage. And her Strangledome lasts 30 seconds but once I get a forma in her and get the last rank on Primed Cont, I think it'll got to 32 which isn't to big an increase, but is still really good.2018-04-29_1.png

43 minutes ago, --Kenneth-- said:

You can try my build if you like. I have Zenurik so her 188 energy pool really isn't a factor. It's a great CC build that also allows for damage. And her Strangledome lasts 30 seconds but once I get a forma in her and get the last rank on Primed Cont, I think it'll got to 32 which isn't to big an increase, but is still really good.2018-04-29_1.png

Thanks for the suggestion.

That's almost identical to the current build I'm trying, but I run Vitality instead of Augur Reach :) 

Can anyone confirm if pack leader mod works on Venari? i tried it out and i may have not been paying attention enough to venari's health bar but it didn't feel like it went up from that. if anyone can confirm or prove im right or wrong i'd appreciate it.

Dik host leaving in Onslaught causing the Conduit to malfunction NOT FIXED.
There are diks out there who leave on purpose to mess everyone up. You don't even get earned affinity, it resets to zero and you have to quit after migration and forfeit rewards sinec you can't finish the mission.

ADDITION: If host leaves during Sortie Defense and you have the target a weapon, you will no longer be able to take that weapon and the target will not use that weapon either.

On 4/27/2018 at 7:14 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Sanctuary Onslaught Fixes:

• Fixed Clients being perpetually stuck on the loading screen after a Host migration in Onslaught.
  • Fixed cases of Conduits not materializing after a Host migration occurs. 
  • Fixed cases of Clients being trapped in the old Zone after the Host transitions through the Conduit first and disconnects on the other side.
  • Fixed Efficiency continuing to drain after a Conduit has appeared and you have yet to pass through it. Once all players are through the Conduit and into the next Zone, the Efficiency will recommence draining. Fixed Efficiency continuing to drain while everyone's standing around waiting for next Conduit to appear. Once all players see it, the countdown resumes.
  • Fixed Specimens beating the crap out of helpless players who are trapped in the loading screen when a Host migration occurs. Specimens will now be paused while you are in the loading screen. 

After reading all the horror stories of lost rewards, I did my first onslaught just now (figuring it's all fixed by now), got the Khora BP after zone 8, host migrated in zone 9, and the Khora BP was lost. 

Why does it NEED to pull you from your orbiter TO a relay to JOIN an onslaught run, when the host is AT the relay? It causes bugs.  Dying causes companion(regardless of type) to NOT revive with you, or get stuck in a permanent "alive" yet NOT THERE state.

Sanctuary Onslaught UI froze at zone 6. The squad finished completing requirements up to zone 8. Squad rejoices in getting the Khora BP of rotation 6 and I was hoping the same. It turns out I didn't get it. Happened on the last run I did around 30mins ago.

So I guess all the other times the UI froze, I didnit get the relics/scenes/weapon parts it would have dropped. Ton of focus, but no ton of rewards.

Ticket #1229977 file to Support... I hope this helps.

So...decent fix.  Onslaught, at least with lower levels, seems to be acceptably stable (if not entirely so).

The flip side is breaking other stuff.

1) Operators no longer sprint or slide.  From star chart missions, to PoE, and Onslaught this is broken.

2) Broken Riven unlocks.  I managed a 9x headshot riven, but after getting a 886 chain of melee kills (3.5 multiplier) my riven is locked.  Equipped to a Vaykor Marelok, 3x multiplier for 30 seconds condition (with active sentinel).  Mission was Hiercon, Frost Prime Frame, Atterax was the melee.  I'll try again, but that's a bit frustrating.  

Onlsaught still needs work.  It needs enemy spawning patterns reviewed, energy drain reviewed, and most of all a hard look at the rewards structure.

As a thought experiment, let's look at the rewards structure less as an exercise in random numbers, and more as a definitive reward that could be saved for.  This means casual play would be rewarded, and more focused teams will be likewise rewarded for their effort.

Simaris rewards a set amount of baubles per run.  Said baubles scale from 1 to 16, doubling every 4 rounds (1-1-2-2-4-4-8-8-16-16-16...).  The higher level onslaught would reward twice as much, topping out at 32 rather than 16.  Simaris opens another terminal, where you trade baubles for items, claiming that the baubles are some sort of completed data mass which could be incorporated into sanctuary.  You save for what you want, with the relative price of each item scaled so a specific number of runs is required.  Items that you want people to earn amount to 30-40 baubles (5-7 runs of the first 8 rounds), while rarer items require much more (200-250).  The continued interest in the mode would come from earning enough for relics, which could either be awarded randomly by tier or decided upon.  The former being more grind, the later to finally let people drop some grind.

The above proposition offers definitive player rewards, scaling to reward long term play without penalizing the short bites, and replaces RNG grind with grind towards a goal (something far easier to swallow).  You have fundamentally the same mechanic with syndicates and PoE, perhaps learning the lesson from there would be beneficial.

I can only say that Archwing, Conclave, and Lunaro all seem to have fallen flat with the community at large.  Personally, that's due to rewards being lackluster and more grind than they add back to the game.  Onslaught's rewards table tells the same story, but it doesn't have to.

21 minutes ago, IIGodFatherII said:

Why can't we have exalted whip as the frame's 4th ability?

Because there's already enough lazy Exalted crap in the game. If she had the whip, she'd just be another Excal, Mesa, Valkyr, etc. Only difference would be she'd have her own cat. get over it. Not getting the whip and that's a good thing.

On 4/28/2018 at 7:14 AM, [DE]Megan said:

Fixed Efficiency continuing to drain while everyone's standing around waiting for next Conduit to appear. Once all players see it, the countdown resumes

This doesn't seems to work for solo, the timer still moving while the Conduit is trying to manifest.

From wiki "Strangledome's chains are affected by Khora's chosen Accent color" ... it doesn't seems to be taken the Accent color.

even without taking the fustercluck that was khora/onslaught release into account, this is a SOLID hotfix patch

basically every single change seems good/for the better/best ; sure khora has no 'quest' and no exalted whip or IPS swapping component, but honestly she sounds like she is in an ok spot now atm, the addition of extra focus cap with MR is nice even if just a bandaid, the focus and affinity gains thru onslaught are completely fine and combined with eidolon hunts, the tenno now have a multitude of viable ways to 'farm' focus besides the 'meta' grind

eagerly anticipating tennocon's spoils ; obviously we know venus-ville is coming and 'the sacrifice' and umbra excal ; but personally i am hoping for the original 8 warframes to all get umbras at the same time, it would be so groovy to not have to wait 2-3+ years to see loki umbra ; and also would luv to see the sentient/tau tileset and new enemies and arm-replacement cannons

kudos for all the hard work DE ; always want to call u guys on yer BS, but also so proud of what you have created and continue to expand upon

6 hours ago, IIGodFatherII said:

Why can't we have exalted whip as the frame's 4th ability?

Because Exalted blade already makes the world's most annoying noise when some newbie Excal is spamming next to you in game. Oh god my ears... I don't want yet more of that awful noise in the form of a whip.

Archived