Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.18.8

[DE]Megan

The Venari changes are great! The guaranteed slash procs do a lot for her damage, but I have one last gripe - in attack mode, she isn't aggressive enough. If I mark something for her to attack, I want her to go for it, regardless if my target is alerted, regardless if there are more opportune targets nearby, whatever. She needs to make a beeline to her objective, having it take priority over any other action. If I spend more energy to change targets, I need her cooldown to be instantly replenished so that she can immediately follow my command. I'm spending energy to give her a command - I expect her to follow that command without question as quickly as she is able. If the target survives, the moment her cooldown on her attack is done I want her to attempt to repeat it - the target is still marked, after all. I do believe it is related to the enemy's alert state. There are times where when you give her a command, she will simply stand there as she doesn't yet see a reason to attack. I'd also ask for a minor increase on the range of her heal, and if it doesn't already work this way, if I give her a heal target, have her to stick next to that target and be ready to heal unless or until I give her a new order, even if they get topped off by her last heal. To reset her to Khora just cast the heal command without a friendly target.

EDIT: Venari also needs a "Move" command that allows you to teleport her to a location. She still can end up multiple tiles away from khora, leaving her without a third ability.

I love the way you guys approached the Venari changes <3 btw ensare is super unreliable as to when it chooses to ensnare surrounding enemies... It doesn't do it in 'waves', moreso whenever it feels like it

Khora changes look really solid.

Ability casting times have been shortened across the board - Natural Talent is always great, but the base animations needed shortening.

^ Can you do this to Titania, pretty please.

1 hour ago, Hixlysss said:

Strangledome still needs to go. Ensnare is the better CC power, even with these changes, just replace Strangledome with the Whip already.

That aside, the Onslaught changes are...well I understand wanting to keep warframe "Unique" but sometimes mechanics in other games just work better, like Diablo rifts. Kill X number of enemies before time runs out to make sure you get to the next area, and at the 'end' you fight a boss. Considering the talk in the dev stream of "Maybe adding D E F rotations" to the game, perhaps Onslaught could test this out by adding in a "rotation D" where we fight a random boss?(With the efficiency counter, ya know, removed...like we have been asking for since this game mode came out?)

The challenge for Elite Onslaught should be the enemies, not Simaris' obsession with efficiency...

I disagree about stranglehold needing to go. I think it is a pretty cool ability.

1 hour ago, Hixlysss said:

Strangledome still needs to go. Ensnare is the better CC power, even with these changes, just replace Strangledome with the Whip already.

That aside, the Onslaught changes are...well I understand wanting to keep warframe "Unique" but sometimes mechanics in other games just work better, like Diablo rifts. Kill X number of enemies before time runs out to make sure you get to the next area, and at the 'end' you fight a boss. Considering the talk in the dev stream of "Maybe adding D E F rotations" to the game, perhaps Onslaught could test this out by adding in a "rotation D" where we fight a random boss?(With the efficiency counter, ya know, removed...like we have been asking for since this game mode came out?)

The challenge for Elite Onslaught should be the enemies, not Simaris' obsession with efficiency...

I disagree about stranglehold needing to go. I think it is a pretty cool ability.

This Khora rework is great! But playing her feels like there is something missing. I beg you DE, just please, make her Whipclaw pull enemies to player, this is only 5m radius range, so this shouldn't be op, would work great with Ensnare, imagine pulling enemies into Ensnare range, or Strangledome if enemy is too far. This synergy is my dream. Thank you for  your job DE. Khora is great now. Just this one think could make her perfect.

Gotta be honest, Khora changes don't feel like enough :/ 

Like, her 1 does pretty good damage now, and her 2 is solid. I still only feel like her 3 is useful for healing and nothing else, and to be honest her 4 needs to just be scrapped at this point. 

My main issue with her is honestly her 4. It feels like a worse Vauban 3 (and that's saying a lot), has kind of mediocre range, and I feel like you need more duration than you would realistically want for just her 4. I know that for whatever reason y'all are against the Exalted Whip, and for a while I was too, but I'm kinda wishing that was still the original idea... 

Her 3 on the other hand, I just don't see the point in attack or protect. Cat/Dog AI is unreliable at best, and feels nonexistent at most. Like, why would I wanna send Venari out to attack or disarm an enemy when I can save the energy (because those modes will just get her killed faster) and use heal? Even then I still feel iffy on this ability. 

As for her 1 and 2, they work nicely and have good synergy. But I don't think those are enough to make Khora a frame worth picking in meta situations or even just for fun. I feel like a bunch of people are just gonna rank her and then never touch her again, and that's unfortunate considering just how long it took us to get her. 

Meanwhile Onslaught changes seem nice, but still no slight increase for Vandal part drop chance. 2-3% feels WAY too low, and 5% for all the parts would be much fairer. Furthermore I still think we should get 1 reward per zone so Zone 4 becomes the new C. As is, pub lobbies only go to 8 then stop because they only want 1 rotation. This would cut the farm time in half and make it less of a slog to go through. 

Overall, a mixed update, but mostly good rather than bad. Oh, and those focus changes are literally the best. Like, thank you so much. 

ADDENDUM: Oh and this stuff right here is one of the reasons I want Strangledome gone/taken out:
g01zWe0.jpg

Archived