Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Beasts of the Sanctuary: Hotfix 22.18.8

[DE]Megan

Many thanks for the hotfix :smile: Khora rolled off  the foundry table along with other warframes for me and I decided to hold on leveling her until these changes were out. Looking forward to seeing her in action :wink: 

1 minute ago, tucker_d_dawg said:

The balance of Normal onslaught feels off.

• Every other warframe can easily be solo'd by a mid level player with mid level gear.  This includes nidus' horrible salvage and harrows mind numbing defection.  Onslaught is would be a real struggle for a mid level player even with a meta frame.
  • This is compounded by the abysmal drop chances of TWO parts in rotation C at 20 minutes.  The only thing bite sized is the drop chance.  The grind is huge. 

I have khora, thankfully I farmed her solo in the early release when it was still possible and not stressful.  But I feel for any non-meta players who want her - they will simply have to be carried - and that feels very wrong.

When you have to grind for a warframe that wouldn't likely be able to grind for itself you know there is a problem

Yeah, still getting screwed by Host Migration issues and low spawns with busted pathing and aggro. I can get to zone 6 solo, albeit with a 303 Rhino and a ridiculous melee Riven, but then the Kuva Fort tile has completely jacked spawns, with enemies still hanging off down a hallway taking a smoke break with an eximus. I saw multiple Corpus Tech's c-walking on their zone and ignoring everything as well.

This is a challenge mode, and people are going to want to solo it. Interception points capture faster and have shorter timers on solo, something should be implemented in OS along the same lines, whether its more % per kill, less drain, or more spawns. I'm sick of sitting in recruiting chat just to get DC'ed, or wind up doing less than 6 with a group I keep having to pick up every two seconds.

Edit: Also what @KubrowTamer said ^
I've got two and a half thousand hours, so I legit can't even imagine how bad it is for people fresh off clearing the starchart, even on normal.

4 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Removed an Orokin Derelict tile from Onslaught that was too small - this means that Zone 12 of Elite will have a new tile.

Inst that a problem? Isnt that more artificial difficulty????

Some tiles are too big:

- Enemies take forever to reach the tenno

- the tenno take too much time reaching new enemies in such large places

- ALL THE TIME, there are enemies spawning on hidden corners of the map, that just stay idle, because they are not aware of the tenno

All this makes incremental loss of efficiency. 

Small maps arent the problem, its the big ones that are.

• Fixed Specimens beating the crap out of helpless players who are trapped in the loading screen when a Host migration occurs. Specimens will now be paused while you are in the loading screen. 

Changes:

• The Daily Focus limit has been increased based on the formula (will be in effect after the daily reset):
    • 250,000 + (Mastery Rank * 5,000)

Is this only an Onslaught fix, or does it apply to all host migrations?  And if it's all of them, please make it for the whole game.  This should've been done years ago.

Also, it figures Mastery Rank would be added to the focus cap the day after I finally maxed everything.

I love the overall fixes to Khora... but I do wish the range on the whips, ensnare, and strangledome was a little longer at base.  A little bit of a suggestion: rather than a respawn timer, maybe an energy cost to re-summon Venari back to the field?   Say at least 35-45 energy cost to insta-revive the cat?

5 minutes ago, Arzon_Magnus said:

I love the overall fixes to Khora... but I do wish the range on the whips, ensnare, and strangledome was a little longer at base.  A little bit of a suggestion: rather than a respawn timer, maybe an energy cost to re-summon Venari back to the field?   Say at least 35-45 energy cost to insta-revive the cat?

You can resummon the cat by using your 3, 50

energy or less depending on how much is left in the cooldown.

If Venari dies, she will respawn in 45 seconds or you can summon her back by using the Venari ability

8 minutes ago, Arzon_Magnus said:

A little bit of a suggestion: rather than a respawn timer, maybe an energy cost to re-summon Venari back to the field?    Say at least 35-45 energy cost to insta-revive the cat?

umm...

people still wont go past wave 8 since there is no reason to do so without scaling rewards. players want a reason to go endless but time and time again we still have no reason to do so because of static reward tables. DE wants feed back but we been already giveing it to them

These upgrades to Khora sound great in theory but in practice I'm not convinced they're implemented properly. I already forma'd Khora a few times when she first came out so it isn't that hard for me to test end-game builds in the Simulucrum. Here's what I've noticed so far testing these changes:

All enemies caught in the Strangledome will take half of Whipclaw’s attack damage when one enemy in the Strangledome is hit with Whipclaw.

I'm of the belief that the effect either simply is not working or the damage to other enemies in Strangledome is not applying mod effects. Here's a video of what I'm talking about here. Notice how the Corpus Techs caught by the Strangledome but outside the AOE range of Whipclaw barely take any damage at all:

I believe this issue is the most important issue with Khora to fix right now because being able to simultaneously destroy all enemies in her Strangledome would not only massively increase her damage output but give her significant utility as area denial. 

Venari fights independently until she receives a command. Khora’s third ability (Venari) overrides Venari’s target, as indicated by the icon over Khora’s head.

This sounds nice but I've found there's some sort of a range limit beyond which Venari simply will not respond to when you target enemies. This to me partially defeats the purpose of having a support pet because Khora is already specialized in taking on enemies at close range thanks to her CC abilities and Whiplash. I would find Venari's attacking skills significantly more useful if I could send it to deal with that sniper on the other side of the map rather than the enemies I already have trapped and in melee range. Here's a video of what I'm talking about:

Also, Venari's damage output and durability are abysmal against lv 150+ enemies even with a full compliment of mods and Khora using Vitality/Steel Fiber. It simply gets annihilated by anything tougher than a Corpus Crewman in Elite Onslaught mode, making it feel like more of an afterthought than something a player can effectively make a build around. Poor effectiveness at higher levels (outside of, like, Inaros) is symptomatic of pets in general right now but it's worth bringing up simply because pet usage is central to Khora's design and character.

Ensnare affects multiple enemies. When an enemy is Ensnared, the living metal will propagate and pull in every enemy within range for 75% reduced duration. The living metal Ensnaring enemies will then propagate a second time to pull in another wave of enemies within range.

The ability randomly seems to fail to affect enemies that are clearly in range. After some testing, I believe that it is incapable of Ensnaring enemies that are in the middle of an ability/special attack animation:

Also, the video above demonstrates another irritating facet of Ensnare- the ability timer blatantly lies to the player on multiple levels.  First of all, the Ensnare effect ends about five seconds before the 15 seconds that the ability is supposed to last. The timer doesn't even count down past 5, which is annoying because it doesn't even last that long to begin with. Even more infuriatingly, if you cast Ensnare a SECOND time while a first casting is active, the second Ensnare will end immediately when the first one does. This happens in spite of the ability timer refreshing (for seemingly no reason, since it just ends early) on each use! Either these are problems with the timer or the ability itself, and I'm suspecting the latter.

I think peculiar mods are cool and all but wouldn't it just be nicer to have a separate mod page/slot for weapons specifically for the peculiar mods (maybe kinda like the augment mod slot for warframes) so that way we can have doubly awesome weapons cuz we don't have to use normal mod space on peculiar mods. 

The mods are awesome but i'd love to have the best of both worlds. :)

After testing things out a bit I've noticed that Venari's damage as listed on her modding page doesn't seem to go up with Khora's power strength. Is this how it's supposed to work? I'm really glad power strength can improve her healing, but I was hoping it would help with damage output too.

Yeaaah....  I didn't try the onslaught before today so I don't know if it was always like this, but did somebody goof with the scaling again?

Running solo, I've so far not managed to get past zone 7, even on frames that I can do an hour long survivals with, or solo sortie3's with.  On the other hand, my level 10 frame (mr17), without a potato, with a lvl 0 vaykor hek (also without a potato), made it to wave 4, on my first ever run of the onslaught.  So the difference between a frame I'm not familiar with, using half assed mods due to lack of capacity, in a game mode I had never tried; versus my "hold my beer, I got this"-frames after knowing the game mode, is a flipping 3 waves....  To "quote" the most interesting man in the world: "I don't always even, but when I do, I literally can't."

Difficulty seems to be going from "this is quite fun" via "oh wtf guys chill" and"ow, also oh crap mah efficiency!" to "spaceMOMMMYYYYYY!" over waves 4, 5, 6, and 7 respectively, so maybe tone down the ramping a bit in the first loot rotation?

Oh, and this is normal onslaught, I cba to even try the elite mode since I don't expect to do too well... :(

I'd could sort of understand it if I was doing badly, but you're giving me an A or A- for performance, while I haven't even made it through one full loot rotation...   which I'd consider that at best worth a C, but frankly, it does feel like an F.  Of course I don't know what ranks exist, so maybe A is actually bad and I'm just confused. :o

Oh, and if you're going to reset my buffs, energy and whatnot between zones (which is incredibly annoying, especially the energy...), AND spawn me in the middle of enemies so that they start shooting me in the back, face, and both sides (and probably the top of my head too) the very second I enter a new zone, could you for the love of the god of bizarre design choices, please, PLEASE, at the very least, also reload my god damn weapon? :D

I do like the mode though, but wish that I could manage even one full loot rotation...  At least you know, without resorting to Memeing pReach cheese, because frankly, and pardon my language but, AmpersandExclamationpointHashtagPercentage that DollarAsteriskPoundAtsign!

Archived